Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:04:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Next battle ground will be on fungibility and privacy, according to Charlie Lee  (Read 95 times)
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 01:51:37 AM

Cryptocoin fungibility is a concept that many people in the forum have not understood fully yet or maybe they do not care. However, everyone should begin caring why and how and learn which cryptocoins have the best privacy technology developed.

I will not shill my coins, however hehehe. Look at my avatar hehehehe.

It’s no secret that Litecoin wants to become a privacy coin. Litecoin Creator Charlie Lee made that clear when he revealed a change in direction for the project, chief among which involved partnering with a Grin developer David Burkett to implement the MimbleWimble protocol and use extension blocks for privacy and scalability on the network.

Privacy has been a major theme in the cryptocurrency market, one that has cost some high-profile coins, including Zcash and Monero, exchange listings in Japan.  Charlie Lee is willing to take that chance, saying at the Litecoin Sumit in Las Vegas:

“There’s definitely a risk, but I think the way we’re approaching it is pretty safe.”

For Lee, however, it’s really about fungibility, which makes it so 1 LTC = 1 LTC regardless of which Litecoin is being spent, and that can’t be achieved without privacy.

“The public nature of the history of the coin makes it so that people can censure you based on which coin you are spending. And I’d like to see that changed,” said Lee.

Read in full https://www.ccn.com/whats-ahead-for-litecoin-after-mimblewimble-fueled-privacy-is-added/

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███