Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:51:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nonstop Negativity  (Read 3355 times)
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:53:06 AM

600$ is the nonstop negativity price

Impressive

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:51:07 AM

Wasn't there a saying like bad news sells? In other words people won't pay to read about a basket full of puppies Wink

I agree and think it's more of an effort to focus on positive stories.

So much WOW

I might pay to read about a basket full of puppies.   Cheesy

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:08:19 AM

It's hard to get people on board with so many scumbags in bitcoin.
Remote, anonymous, irreversible transactions are a scumbag magnet.  Over half the Bitcoin exchanges have gone bust. And that was before Mt. Gox. The "online wallets" were even worse.

Bitcoin also seems to be a sucker magnet. Look at the topics on this board. "High Yield Investment Programs". "Lending" at 200%/year. If there were real financial opportunities that good, they wouldn't be advertised on here.

Bitcoin - connecting scammers and suckers since 2009.

Fuckin nailed it! Everyone says the same thing here except you, Nagle, and a very few others. "Fiat is used to buy drugs too, people get fiat stolen too, people get screwed more with fiat investments." bla bla bla
Yeah, well fiat can buy food, rent an apartment, pay all your bills and pay for your dry cleaning. The nonstop negativity is because theirs a lot to be negative about. Bitcoin is getting about the same press coverage as 2008 economic collapse because Bitcoin currently deserves it. That might change if Bitcoin can go a week without a bunch of thefts happening.

bgmc

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:11:49 AM

Most people I talk to about bitcoin have still never even heard of it. I'm not at all concerned about negative press at this point. I'm just glad bitcoin is getting some press.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:17:39 AM

Thefts help prove real value...

mooncake

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:33:50 AM

Any news is good news for BTC at the moment. News bring about awareness. The more aware people are to bitcoin, the more likely they will experiment with it, the more valuable bitcoin will be.

As to the negativity of the news, don't worry. Bitcoin is an innovative technological advancement which in most likelihood will succeed due to its many advantages over the current financial system. Short of a technical catastrophe, it is very hard for anyone to stop it.

The bottomline is that once people try it, they will understand why it is better, hence adopt it, hence increasing BTC value.
News bring about curiosity in people, thus increasing likelihood they will try it.
No news means people do not even have the chance to read about bitcoin.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:53:02 AM

http://themisescircle.org/blog/2014/02/25/bitcoin-has-no-image-problem/
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:42:51 AM

It might take some time for the general public to forget about MtGox and other negative stories.
Im sure when more big companies start accepting BTC this attitude will change.

Some of my classmates (note I'm studying engineering and I'm in my second year, and I was allowed to choose my classmates this semester so they are not dumb by any means) said I made a huge mistake having invested so much money in bitcoin and tought I lost all my money because mtgox went bankrupt. I had to explain them that mtgox actually had little to do with bitcoin because most people who were serious about bitcoin avoided mtgox like the plague anyway.

Cool story. Then what happened ? Grin

This will have to be continued after we break the old ATH.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:43:47 AM

IBTCM could do a lot for Bitcoin.

IBM? lol... maybe I lack imagination. But what are you suggesting?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:03:51 PM

A nice boost on the demand for BTC  Roll Eyes
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:34:45 PM

I'm reading an Economist.com article on Bitcoin.

Their first argument against Bitcoin is that its appreciative properties interfere with wage slavery. -- Free the slaves!

The second argument is that the money supply can be cut off when exchanges like empty gox go belly-up. -- Bitcoin is money.

The third argument while not exactly coherent I believe is that Bitcoins can't just be printed to meet demand. -- This is how patterned toilet paper is made!

They don't seem to make any valid points IMO. 
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 01:07:06 PM

More random theories. Wait for bitcoin going up and stop whining.

Pentax

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:27:50 PM

I don't know about non-stop negativity.  It's been a shit month or so and, as others have pointed out, somewhat deservedly so, but it's not all bad news. 

I think this is a phase that is passing.  We see it passing with the VC pouring into it by the millions.  New infrastructure is being built out at an amazing pace which will be better equipped to handle real world use/adoption than the systems that have failed in the recent past that has led to this negative news cycle.

I'm not worried about any of this negative stuff, as none of it changes the fundamentals.  what is happening behind the scenes has me thinking BTC is getting more solid by the day.  Very little doubt in my mind at this point.....
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:55:11 PM

People are just rationalizing instead of being romantic.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:00:18 AM

I'm not worried about any of this negative stuff, as none of it changes the fundamentals....

Yes, once you've been through one or two "full cycles", then the negative news has less impact.
BTC is a long-term adventure and there will be many ups and downs.

greenlion

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:59:46 AM

The mainstream media monologue has slowly been evolving from prattle about drugs, guns, human trafficking, Satanic ritual infant sacrifice, etc., toward prattle about sophomoric monetary theories (Bitcoin will never be a currency, apparently despite it already functioning as one), Bitcoin 2.0 vaporwave hype (hey guys, we just learned about Bitcoin 5 minutes ago, guess what, there's stuff that's gonna replace it you dumb nerds), and general FUD about things governments supposedly are thinking about doing and/or misrepresenting what they've actually done.

I'd call that progress, because the low-hanging fruit of OMGDRUGSBLACKSAREGOINGTORAPEYOURDAUGHTERS is severely diminished.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 05:21:39 AM

Are we to believe the money trust, robber barons and money changers care that much about little ole you and me and our finances??

You are being mind fucked.
This person speaks like a sage, and burns brightly with the light of truth.

Make no mistake, this is an information war. A war for hearts and minds. The oligarchs who depend on mass-deception are fighting desperately for their survival.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:30:30 AM

Are we to believe the money trust, robber barons and money changers care that much about little ole you and me and our finances??

Make no mistake, this is an information war. A war for hearts and minds. The oligarchs who depend on mass-deception are fighting desperately for their survival.

...or they created BTC and we are helping them spread it globally?
BTC might end up helping both tyrants and libertarians......stay tuned for more.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:31:17 AM

i heard the information war is over and the guys with the bongs won  Shocked

keelba

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:34:31 PM

KCCO
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: