Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:03:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TRADING A SINGLE TOKEN IN BETWEEN EXCHANGES  (Read 449 times)
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 09:14:06 AM

It is good concept if your having real patience and dedication fo searching some potential project token or coin trading in multiple exchange and find difference . Some platforms like Dropil was doing the same I have tried and invested still it’s in huge loss but regularly giving some returns by holding dropil token in their exchange . I am not related to dropil or neither I am promotingg before inventing do your proper research .
sikke

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 09:58:21 AM

i have tried my best to make little money from this crypto business but it seems like i am not getting things right. from Airdrops to bounties. everything turn to pennies and scams at the end. i have tried to invest in ICOS and IEOs. the product plummets immediately the moment it spends two months in the market. i want to try another option and wish to ask here if it is favourable. i discovered that there are tokens that shares different prices in different exchanges.
simple: i buy low from one exchange and sell high in another. looks simple but i think it is worth while, i tired it once with Mainstream For The Underground token. i made a little cash but it was just a trial.  Grin Grin.
hope to share this here.

What you are talking about is arbitrage, plain and simple.

I personally think that it only works in theory and doesn't work 9 times out of 10 in practice. There is usually a very real reason why there is to be a spread between exchanges for the same token price in the first place. If it's not a deposit related issue, it's likely blocked withdrawals which prevents the free flow of capital between exchanges, and thus creating an isolated market.

You could make profit from calculated risks like these, but real arb ops come by very rarely.
BayAngelo

Activity: 882
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 11:11:41 AM

this is known as arbitrage trading. you should be careful on how you place your trading to avoid loosing your funds. you might be stucked with trading fees, gas fees between accounts and exchange. it might not be favorable. some times.

dainoran

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 11:52:23 AM

there is no harm in using arbitrage and we must also understand the risks that will occur in the future to reduce the losses that will be obtained.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2019, 12:01:25 PM

You are not doing anything new,this method of trading is called arbitrage. If you are capable of finding the price difference between exchange then you can make profits as you did but this is more riskier than you think especially when a token has less trading volume because price changes will be high which could affect your trade while you are moving coin from one exchange to another.
Arbitrage is not as easy as it looks. You should be very careful with coins and exchanges. Most of the free arbitrage sites show only the price difference. However, the status of the volume or It is not shown whether the withdraw button works on these sites. Even, sometimes it is shown that there is a 50-60% price difference. So, always be careful and do not search for big earnings.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 12:31:21 PM

One way to lessen the risk of getting your deposit or withdrawal getting stuck and losing the opportunity to profit from this method is to do it on decentralized exchanges. Etherdelta used to be one of the best exchanges to arbitrage but it cans still be done on IDEX, DDEX, or Forkdelta,
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 05:42:52 PM

As others have said, this is not a new method.

You are only required here to carefully choose the difference between exchanges, this is not easy and the risk is quite high, prices go down when you process withdrawal and deposit transactions, this is what usually happens.
It would be better to stick with one coin, one exchange and one wallet. Getting involved into to many exchanges wont produce any profits so what is the point of distracting concentration with too many options.  Choose coinbase when starting the journey and then shift to others per requirements.  It is the best exchange at present and offers low fee. Still, if he likes to carry this experiment he can.
blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 05:57:47 PM

I tried, lot of people tried that too. sometimes you get pay, but most of the time, I screw up
it depends on transaction speed, and you know, between exchanges, they are just not love eachothers so... quite slow most of the time

desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 06:02:49 PM

You can really make money on this, but a lot will depend on the speed of transaction processing and internal exchange transactions.  After all, the most important thing in this is speed.  Exchanges very quickly adjust exchange rates between each other, you can trite not have time for a few seconds before adjusting the rates.

Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 06:32:36 PM

Just be careful not to get too excited when you see a huge price gap. There must be something wrong and often there is. Some coins are running on different blockchains or on forks and so if you buy from one exchange you cannot deposit on the other (viceversa) even though the coins are the same. Always try a small amount at first if you are not sure.

Btw this is nothing new like many many other users have mentioned. You can mix it up though by renting mining power and working on the arbitrage difference in the price of mining vs buying. You have to be quick though. I use to do it but I have sine find more lucrative methods of making money.

Also, don't give up on projects. Just stop supporting shit that's all you need to do. If you support something good and it still fails then you cannot blame yourself.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: