Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:31:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We need a MrBitcoin like MrBeast to increase Bitcoin adoption.  (Read 407 times)
d.kevin29

Activity: 112
Merit: 72

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 06:18:04 PM

You guys got many wild ideas here but some suggestions can be doable over a period of time, the main ingredients here are: one, finding the guy that can be the MrBitcoin and two, of course, getting the money or sponsorship. And let us not forget there is a need for someone or a group to coordinate this whole thing as we can never have a body without the head.

As to John McAfee, I do agree that in today's online and social media crazy era, a single person can be a huge influence over a huge number of the population and with the help of the mainstream and crypto-focused media as well as YouTube. We are seeing that now with different popular and rich celebrities. Now speaking of celebrities, I think that is where we should be picking up our MrBitcoin.

Almost all centralized and business-oriented platforms have their own marketing departments overseeing the brand names and the promotions of the products and they can be spending millions of dollars just to convince people to get engaged and buy. As a decentralized platform, we don't have that in Bitcoin.

Copying someone's success just isn't the right thing to do. If MrBeast is successful, that doesn't guarantee the success of a "MrBitcoin". Moreover, copying him would automatically turn into bad reputation. We don't want a "Made in China" replica of him. We need something new, innovative and whoever will have the needed ability, charisma and success will do it sometime in the future.

There are corporations and rich personalities who could sponsor someone in BTC. Even Microsoft accepted (I believe they removed this payment method) BTC at one point so even they might have some. HTC surely does hold Bitcoin as they have placed Blockchain phones on sale. It could happen, but once again, copying a youtuber is a silly idea imo. We need to find the success another way.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: