Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 06:50:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A True Cryptocurrency must start with the fundamentals  (Read 3086 times)
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2019, 06:45:50 PM

of all the listed suggestions I most confess having a solid use-case is the most important feature in a project. It beats me hollow when I see projects with zero or no use-case propagating in the crypto space. No use case equals to know the demand and this further implies no value. Hence its pivotal for a project to have a good usecase in order to ensure value.
You are right. In general, blockchain and cryptocurrency offer solutions to various problems that exist today. That is why many companies try to innovate by creating a product whose purpose is to facilitate various human activities if the product is unrealistic, only wishful thinking is too high, who will use it? If the product can be used for real, what is the attraction?

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
TokenHodlr (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 06:23:37 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2019, 12:55:05 AM by TokenHodlr

of all the listed suggestions I most confess having a solid use-case is
the most important feature in a project. It beats me hollow when I see
projects with zero or no use-case propagating in the crypto space.
No use case equals to know the demand and this further implies no value.
Hence its pivotal for a project to have a good usecase in order to ensure value.
You are right. In general, blockchain and cryptocurrency offer solutions
to various problems that exist today. That is why many companies try to innovate
by creating a product whose purpose is to facilitate various human activities if the
product is unrealistic, only wishful thinking is too high, who will use it? If the product
can be used for real, what is the attraction?

Although I’ve studied north of 100 whitepapers and scanned 100s more, imo not 1 among
them is on the path to becoming an Apex class competitor. Sure a few will prosper as a result
of some incremental market advantage, always at risk from the next disruptor. 99% will falter
on the rocks of reality as have the thousands of me too projects already deceased.

It would be interesting to explore; what would be quality use cases?

Drai

Activity: 567
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 10:44:37 AM

You are quite right, if not for any other reason, then the fact that the existing blockchain infrastructure lacks the scalability that would make it the default currency of the future and additionally, the fact that the prices are so unstable doesn't help it's case at all, the perfect Cryptocurrencies for worldwide adoption has not been invented yet but you have to consider that the first computer invented didn't give the best access to the internet, the more it is worked on, the more it keeps improving.

TokenHodlr (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 13, 2020, 04:13:33 PM

the fact that the prices are so unstable doesn't help it's case at all
Price volatility is driven almost entirely on the absence of a transparent, true value/price discovery.
As I have said, the monetary ecosystem and cryptocurrencies that will ultimately
succeed have not been visioneered, engineered and brought to market...yet.
wellay

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2020, 08:18:31 PM

I would say that another very important component is the reliability of exchanges today. Even though leading exchanges are working on improving reliability, there is still much to work on. What is your attitude towards such kind of wallets? Or you are more on hardwallets side?
juegav

View Profile
February 13, 2020, 08:19:25 PM

I would say that another very important component is the reliability of exchanges today. Even though leading exchanges are working on improving reliability, there is still much to work on. What is your attitude towards such kind of wallets? Or you are more on hardwallets side?

From my point of view, much depends here, but vast majority is still choosing online wallets. However what I have noticed - there are more attacks on exchanges, so there is a shift to hardwallets
wellay

View Profile
February 13, 2020, 08:22:15 PM

From my point of view, much depends here, but vast majority is still choosing online wallets. However what I have noticed - there are more attacks on exchanges, so there is a shift to hardwallets

This is exactly what I have noticed as well. The problem I figured out - there are many pretty similar solutions, however they are not coming with something unique that would be advanced and attractive
juegav

View Profile
February 13, 2020, 08:25:00 PM

This is exactly what I have noticed as well. The problem I figured out - there are many pretty similar solutions, however they are not coming with something unique that would be advanced and attractive

This is true. I would say that I am only aware of 1 truly advanced hardware wallet. Kinda unique one, with own standards and real results
wellay

View Profile
February 13, 2020, 08:26:23 PM

This is true. I would say that I am only aware of 1 truly advanced hardware wallet. Kinda unique one, with own standards and real results

What is the one you are talking about? Curious to know, cause I couldn't find the one that would meet my requirements
juegav

View Profile
February 13, 2020, 08:27:34 PM

What is the one you are talking about? Curious to know, cause I couldn't find the one that would meet my requirements

The one I am talking about is GetHashWallet. Basically, one of the most advanced solutions these days. This is a secured and private hardware wallet, it is arrow certified and reliable. What also makes sense - guys had successful campaign on Indiegogo. And the product is already available for sale, so everyone can try it out. And I recommend you to have a look at their website, cause there is a lot of useful info available there
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: