Bitcoin Forum
September 27, 2024, 03:32:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ADC] AirdropCoin | Project aborted, plane crashed  (Read 13146 times)
edok

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:19:53 PM

Please airdrop over the North Pole. Polar bears are going extinct and need help. Rough times.

vitarian

Activity: 150

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:28:31 PM

Please don't drop them in my city because there is a hefty fine for littering.
TheFlyingDutchman (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:42:51 PM

please drop it over Afghanistan Grin . Are you personally going to fly the plane, I suggest you use a chopper much more dramatic.
We will not be flying the plane personally, we're not qualified. As stated in the Q&A, we are not ruling out the use of a helicopter.
Hundsstern

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:22:34 PM

Why an airdrop? Because of the amazing publicity you're expecting? It's possible that you won't get that much attention. Maybe a small article in a local newspaper.

And I believe, you will never get permission for an airdrop. You wouldn't be allowed to drop dollar notes either.
And what would prevent people from grabbing 200 of your paper wallets. And what if it starts to rain?

Maybe you should think about another way of distribution. But nice idea btw.
TheFlyingDutchman (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:34:39 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 11:25:29 PM by TheFlyingDutchman

Why an airdrop? Because of the amazing publicity you're expecting? It's possible that you won't get that much attention. Maybe a small article in a local newspaper.

And I believe, you will never get permission for an airdrop. You wouldn't be allowed to drop dollar notes either.
And what would prevent people from grabbing 200 of your paper wallets. And what if it starts to rain?

I understand the skeptisism, but we really want to make the airdrop work. There are many things we can try to make it work after the winning location is known. We have to keep an open mind.

If airdrop fails for whatever reason, we will hand out the coins from the ground, as stated in the Q&A. This would be a disappointing result for us though.

Re: Rain: We can postpone a few hours if necessary. We will add this to the FAQ.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:21:44 PM

Okay so something constructive from me instead of the regular shit.

How about you put together a community of "air droppers" from here? Get volunteers, or maybe pay them to airdrop (put in mailbox) coins in their neighborhoods. Just a thought...

It may even get some media attention, like an easter egg hunt, does a miner live close by? lol.. anyways... you get the idea.

portice
Legendary

Activity: 999
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:43:34 PM

I understand the skeptisism, but we really want to make the airdrop work. There are many things we can try to make it work after the winning location is known. We have to keep an open mind.

If airdrop fails for whatever reason, we will hand out the coins from the ground, as stated in the Q&A. This would be a disappointing result for us though.

Re: Rain: We can postpone a few hours if necessary. We will add this to the FAQ.

You guys are just too damn easy, seriously.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:48:36 PM

You guys are just too damn easy, seriously.

I bet there is around 1ghs on the network shortly after launch.
Then the cries for "exchange listing"
Once that happens only a select few get to dump coins at a okay price becoming rich after renting 50+ MHS worth of mining speed.
The other 97% of the people are left with many coins that are worthless.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
delphs

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:56:14 PM

Can't wait to see the fine for loitering this much paper Tongue

BTC: 1JB4Gq82DM3WUsdkU3TPzU2haFbxCJgJss / WC: WT8gbDPdQUcjDq6gWg9N7w3q4AazUAy3g7 / WDC: WkzvC4YVC3nCzDW9BhFLtWk7YJhtgXQR6G / Addie: delphs Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397706.0
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:52:40 AM

None of this will happen, this is all lies. Plain and simple.

Kids or jobless adult sitting behind screen posting complete nonsense. Your plan can be taken apart easily and its clear none of this was thought out.

Airdrop - how fucking stupid - only a complete moron would believe this or any other coin claiming an airdrop. Really people? get a brain.

I have a better idea for you motionless morons trying to scam everyone, your airdrop, it becomes a sneaker net. You put on your running shoes and start delivering paper wallets door to door into people's mailboxes. This will work fine in most civilized countries. Well, in the US you may get shot and killed for tresspassing.

relax man, we all know, its funny as hell though.

In an ideal world and in a community with less fraud, FUD, and mistrust... it is a decent idea.
Also it will be fun to see how this develops.

Yes, most of us know that it's far from a "sure thing".

Viecoin

Activity: 852
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:58:37 AM

Great concept. Goodluck!
oxgroth

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:52:27 AM

Dropd in Bulgaria, noone here will search you for responsability, we dont even have army, and tbh i am sure the police and grannys will killthemself to get free something. Cheesy

❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱          O W N R   W A L L E T      |     Buy crypto at reasonable rates     |     BTC, ETH & other coins          ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰
❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱            TWITTER       FACEBOOK          ✔ Licensed service          TELEGRAM   INSTAGRAM            ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰
●     Store, send, receive and exchange crypto     |     VISA   ●● mastercard   S€PA   [[[] UnionPay     ●
NoobSauce

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:15:18 AM

pretty sure its a crime to put things in someone's mailbox that didn't come from the post office in the USA (not that anywhere in the usa would win but)
Sir Lagsalot

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

The lion roars!

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:44:04 PM

This needs to happen!

I wrote about it over here.

TheFlyingDutchman (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:54:10 PM

This needs to happen!

I wrote about it over here.
Nice article sir!

We have been brainstorming quite a lot today due to the issues brought up by the community and we think we have found a feasible solution. Big announcement to come today or tomorrow. Stay tuned!
TheFlyingDutchman (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:08:59 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 11:47:32 PM by TheFlyingDutchman

Quick update: We have added map with an overview of all votes so far, this will be updated daily. You can see it here: LINK

We will move to a heat map once the number of votes exceeds 10,000.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:36:55 AM

Big announcement?
Like you found sponsors and don't need to do an "IPO"?

anonuser777

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:42:52 PM

lol, nice idea, just don't try it anywhere with anti-littering laws. That includes most of the world.
bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:59:45 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 09:47:59 AM by bitcats

Great idea but you should call it "Aircoin" or sth. "Air-drop-coin" sounds a bit dopey.

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
Bionic345

Activity: 91

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:17:17 AM

there is just no way that airdrops of paper wallets are getting allowed? you will be fined harder than this coin could ever worth..
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: