Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 05:38:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you could invest in a project with it's own hardware device, WOULD YOU?  (Read 712 times)
GucciBoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 01:11:07 AM

I think HPB is going to replace the top coins.  It has one of the highest TPS and hardware nodes.

With a cold wallet
https://www.ellipal.com/pages/ellipal-titan?ref=5da5917ba4f13

Stakenet has unlimited transactions/second over the lightning network, Just saying. lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jimitieu

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 04:20:28 AM

We are all aware of Ledger, Trezor, and Xeeda. Cool hardware wallets, which thousands of people use daily.

These companies isn't funded by any ICO's, they don't even run any blockchain solutions, but again, why should they?
But the question still stands: If Ledger made their own "Ledger-Coin" would you invest in it? Why? Why not?

I'm asking because a project I'm a huge fan off is building their own hardware device, called: VIPER. This hardware device will compete with the 3 brands mentioned above, but this project does have it's own blockchain, and in fact, the hardware device is just a small part of the whole project.

I'm talking about Stakenet. Not sure how many of you are familiar with XSN, but it's THE leading Lightning Network developing project out there. In fact, they helped the Litecoin team implement Lightning on mainnet.

I really wonder why this project is SO under the radar, probably because of the bear market?

Not gonna shill the project too heavy here, as most people hate that, but IF you want to read more about it, I made another thread right here explaning it all (with pics): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5167414

So the question still stands, would you invest in a hardware device project? Afterall every single day we hear the following: "There is no REAL product, the project is based on hype alone, not worth shit", which makes Stakenet stand out completely from the crowd it seems?

i think you should try investing in their projects. Because they are a well-known company in the market, the currency they create will have a high value on the exchange. Because their investment is very large, you will not be afraid of scam or loss. because the principle of choosing a project when you want to invest in altcoins is that the project must be behind big companies and professional development teams.

Aabcde

Activity: 1050
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 05:05:04 AM

To ensure that I want to invest or not is a complicated choice, that means there must be a series of studies on it. If Ledger takes out the coins, it doesn't mean that I will immediately invest, but I think more about the functions and uses of the coins first. After that what is the vision and mission, how are their partners, etc. Although they are a trusted company, but we are talking about personal money that we should be able to use as well as possible in order to get profit not loss.

▄▄█████   ▄▄█████   ▄▄█████  ▄▀▄
    ███████▌  ███████▌  ███████▌  ▀▄▀
   ████████  ████████  ████████   ▐▌
  ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▄▄ █
  ████████  ████████  ████████ ██▐▌
 ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▐█▀
 ████████  ████████  ████████
▐███████  ▐███████  ▐███████
█████▀▀   █████▀▀   █████▀▀
Metaspins 

▄▄█████▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄
 ▄▄███████  ████  █████
▐██▀▀██████████████████▌
 ██▄▄██  ██▀▀███████████
 ▐█████████▄▄████████  █▌
  ██  ███████████████████
  ▐███████████▀▀▀███████▀
   ▀█████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀
2,500+
GAMES

█████████████████████████████
█████████ █████████ █████████
█████████ █████████ ████▀▄███
███▀▀▀███ ███▀▀▀███ ████▄████
████▀▄███ ████▀▄███ █████████
████▄████ ████▄████ ███▀▀▀███
EARN UP TO 57% RAKEBACK
WAGER FREE!
         ▄███▄▄▄
    ▄███████████████▄
    ██████████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████
    ███████████████████
    ███████████████████
   █
█████████████████
  ██
█████████████
 ███
█████████████████
████
█████████████
▀▀██
████████████████
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀███▀
1 Click Registration
Instant Payouts
[
]
Aabcde

Merit: 256

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 05:53:49 AM

To ensure that I want to invest or not is a complicated choice, that means there must be a series of studies on it. If Ledger takes out the coins, it doesn't mean that I will immediately invest, but I think more about the functions and uses of the coins first. After that what is the vision and mission, how are their partners, etc. Although they are a trusted company, but we are talking about personal money that we should be able to use as well as possible in order to get profit not loss.
Indeed, we should know its purpose, use and capabilities before we invest. We should not easily invest because it is already known in this community. If ever that they will put up a project, it depends if their proposal will be good enough to make us invest.
Yeah, we need a really good proposal because all the decisions are really there. Many ways to attract investors, but a good proposal is the initial capital for developers to attract attention. Sometimes HYPE is also a determining factor for the success or failure of a project. In the sense, that HYPE is created because of good things contained in the project plan. It could be something new or surprising.

▄▄█████   ▄▄█████   ▄▄█████  ▄▀▄
    ███████▌  ███████▌  ███████▌  ▀▄▀
   ████████  ████████  ████████   ▐▌
  ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▄▄ █
  ████████  ████████  ████████ ██▐▌
 ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▐█▀
 ████████  ████████  ████████
▐███████  ▐███████  ▐███████
█████▀▀   █████▀▀   █████▀▀
Metaspins 

▄▄█████▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄
 ▄▄███████  ████  █████
▐██▀▀██████████████████▌
 ██▄▄██  ██▀▀███████████
 ▐█████████▄▄████████  █▌
  ██  ███████████████████
  ▐███████████▀▀▀███████▀
   ▀█████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀
2,500+
GAMES

███▀▀▀███ ███▀▀▀███ ████▄████
████▀▄███ ████▀▄███ █████████
████▄████ ████▄████ ███▀▀▀███
EARN UP TO 57% RAKEBACK
WAGER FREE!
         ▄███▄▄▄
    ▄███████████████▄
    ██████████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████
    ███████████████████
    ███████████████████
   █
█████████████████
  ██
█████████████
 ███
█████████████████
████
█████████████
▀▀██
████████████████
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀███▀
1 Click Registration
Instant Payouts
[
]
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 06:55:16 AM

If Ledger made their own "Ledger-Coin" would you invest in it? Why? Why not?
Why not?, The number of coins on the marketcap don’t matter the thing that only matters to investors is the performance of the company and how they can market their product. Competition is not an issue, the one with the better service will always standout.
nightflightcourt

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 10:09:38 PM

The idea of a lightning router that holds coins in cold storage is rather brilliant.
Flux0z (OP)

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 01:53:16 PM

The idea of a lightning router that holds coins in cold storage is rather brilliant.

True, anything that runs on lightning will run as smoothly as butter. Moving your funds instantly is hard to beat. I'm sure once people experience what lightning can do, they wont ever want to go "back" to the good "old days".
nightflightcourt

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 11:35:31 AM

True, anything that runs on lightning will run as smoothly as butter. Moving your funds instantly is hard to beat. I'm sure once people experience what lightning can do, they wont ever want to go "back" to the good "old days".
I honestly wasn't a big fan of Lightning when it was first discussed and proposed, but projects like Stakenet really seem to be pulling it out of the fire.
Flux0z (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 07:05:16 PM

I honestly wasn't a big fan of Lightning when it was first discussed and proposed, but projects like Stakenet really seem to be pulling it out of the fire.

I felt the same way. I'm not sure why, as I'm sure I was just following the sheeps, thinking it's only use case would be centralized while working on the BTC chain. Different thing here, which looks promising
nightflightcourt

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 08:01:48 PM

I felt the same way. I'm not sure why, as I'm sure I was just following the sheeps, thinking it's only use case would be centralized while working on the BTC chain. Different thing here, which looks promising
Long term, it appears that Bitcoin will benefit from both on-chain and off-chain tx.
Off-chain being used to buy coffee, beer, or a slice of pizza.
On-chain being used for large scale business (i.e. settling futures contracts, transferring large amounts at once, buying real estate, etc).
I hope that a see-saw effect will take place in the event that the LN becomes more popular and miners get discouraged from keeping the network secure. Stakenet will certainly help to keep LN liquid so that hobbyists don't have to carry all the weight.

Marckolind

Activity: 352
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 03:51:14 PM

Long term, it appears that Bitcoin will benefit from both on-chain and off-chain tx.
Off-chain being used to buy coffee, beer, or a slice of pizza.
On-chain being used for large scale business (i.e. settling futures contracts, transferring large amounts at once, buying real estate, etc).
I hope that a see-saw effect will take place in the event that the LN becomes more popular and miners get discouraged from keeping the network secure. Stakenet will certainly help to keep LN liquid so that hobbyists don't have to carry all the weight.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same actually. If LN becomes too popular (due to it's instant transfers with virtually 0 fees) then I guess some kind of see-saw mechanish would be ideal. I'm guessing there will always be people out there who refuse to even use LN. Hardcore BTC Maximalists, probably wont use it, but who knows.
It's pretty cool that Stakenet actually made a setup, where the Lightning nodes is incentivized to run through masternodes. It's actually genius, so I wonder how it will pan out in the end, in terms of adoption.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 04:17:42 PM

I already bought wallet ledger and trezor hardware, if they make their own coins, I will also invest. Besides the benefits of making hardware wallets, they can make their community bigger by making their own coins. Coin making with its own benefits in using hardware wallet products is a good idea, but I think they are more focused on hardware wallet and its development.

In a project there must be a marketing team, I think why the project you are talking about has a low level of interaction, is lack of promotion and advertising. You can use bounty and some social media sites to attract attention.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
nightflightcourt

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 05:42:07 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking the same actually. If LN becomes too popular (due to it's instant transfers with virtually 0 fees) then I guess some kind of see-saw mechanish would be ideal. I'm guessing there will always be people out there who refuse to even use LN. Hardcore BTC Maximalists, probably wont use it, but who knows.
It's pretty cool that Stakenet actually made a setup, where the Lightning nodes is incentivized to run through masternodes. It's actually genius, so I wonder how it will pan out in the end, in terms of adoption.
If LN keeps BTC's integrity intact and strengthens it's privacy, going out of the way to use on-chain for every transaction seems a bit much. I guess there will always be some people insistent on using on-chain tx. They'll help secure the network, so that's nice.

I already bought wallet ledger and trezor hardware, if they make their own coins, I will also invest. Besides the benefits of making hardware wallets, they can make their community bigger by making their own coins. Coin making with its own benefits in using hardware wallet products is a good idea, but I think they are more focused on hardware wallet and its development.

In a project there must be a marketing team, I think why the project you are talking about has a low level of interaction, is lack of promotion and advertising. You can use bounty and some social media sites to attract attention.
To be fair, XSN Viper is still in prototyping.
GGmith

Activity: 394
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 05:49:01 PM

investors will like tangible products that can function well in this market. so if there are projects that develop real products then they can attract market investment. maybe I will also take part in it, if the project really has a quality product and also really works well.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 05:51:43 PM

They already have a working product and an established name in creating secured hardware wallet. I guess it will depend on what will be the use case of the token they are going to create. Most people might jump on it due to hype, which I think will be profitable that is of you are just investing for profit.

TrevorS

Merit: 377

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 06:56:02 PM

Given that I possess mediocre technical knowledge in this area, I would first of all listen to community experts who could give clear criticism regarding the project.
I would ask technical competitors of the project to understand how they themselves relate to this project.

I am not one of those who initially is too biased towards new projects, I believe that any project has the right to life, but it is also obvious that there is too much scam on the market, which means caution will not be superfluous. Therefore, if competitors of critics and independent critics agree that the project does not have a share of scam, then, probably, I would think about investing in such a project.

The only thing that should be studied in advance is the advantage of the project compared to competitors, and are these advantages beneficial for other people to switch to a new product, the reliability of which has not yet been determined.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 10:23:12 PM

I would probably invest. Why are they not advertising properly though? People need to actually know about this. No matter how good something is if no one knows then no one knows.
This is miles ahead of most projects that offer nothing. This is an actual physical security device and it has its very own currency as well. Why don't people invest in this instead of the crap they run to? Oh wait.... That's right... This project is legit and doesn't promise instant profits and massive returns. People would much rather be lied to about how much the latest scam will make them and then invest in that.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
taufik123
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1715

airbet.io

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 10:39:31 PM
Merited by tk808 (1)

If they as a Hardware wallet provider hold Token Sales then I will follow it and other investors will also do the same, because Ledger, Xeeda and Trezor are quite popular hardware wallets. They were known from the start not through ICO but actually started from zero as a supporting device to store assets very safely, good marketing made them famous.
there are many hardware wallet projects that introduce their projects through ICO with the sale of funds, but many are not successful because the products they make are not yet fully tangible.
As for Ledger, Trezor and Xeeda, there are other hardware wallets that are quite well known today, which are Imtoken, which have ImKey hardware wallet products.
Imtoken was only known as a digital wallet for mobile but now it is also supported by the ImKey Hrdware wallet which is integrated with the imToken application.

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
nightflightcourt

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 03:43:56 AM

I would probably invest. Why are they not advertising properly though? People need to actually know about this. No matter how good something is if no one knows then no one knows.
This is miles ahead of most projects that offer nothing. This is an actual physical security device and it has its very own currency as well. Why don't people invest in this instead of the crap they run to? Oh wait.... That's right... This project is legit and doesn't promise instant profits and massive returns. People would much rather be lied to about how much the latest scam will make them and then invest in that.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
How much can be gained from hyping up a product that isn't ready yet?
Flux0z (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 02:34:15 PM

How much can be gained from hyping up a product that isn't ready yet?

True, wouldn't help much. Worked in 2017 (Many examples of this), but people have gotten wiser, and more scared to invest in altcoins during this bear market we're currently in.
Once it's ready though, I'm sure they will do everything they can to market this to as many people as possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: