Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:58:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenBazaar2  (Read 385 times)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 09:43:00 AM

from electronics to Casascius coins.

It's pretty retarded for anyone to even consider selling Cas coins through Ebay. What usually happens with these coins is that the owners list their coins just for the sake of getting that exposure, then settle the transaction in real life or in a different manner, everything but through the regular way items are usually purchased through Ebay.

There was a stunning 10BTC Cas listed on Ebay for $300,000 not that long ago. Not sure if it got removed because it sold outside Ebay or that the owners removed the listing because the price went down.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 11:08:53 AM

It's pretty retarded for anyone to even consider selling Cas coins through Ebay. What usually happens with these coins is that the owners list their coins just for the sake of getting that exposure, then settle the transaction in real life or in a different manner, everything but through the regular way items are usually purchased through Ebay.

There was a stunning 10BTC Cas listed on Ebay for $300,000 not that long ago. Not sure if it got removed because it sold outside Ebay or that the owners removed the listing because the price went down.

In UK Ebay any attempt to list a Casascius coin for auction or buy it now is flat out rejected. You can only list it as a classified ad. I can see why to an extent but it's a pain up the arse if you have an empty one and fancy auctioning it.

Other Ebays seems to allow the usual formats.

Is there a browser-based version yet?

I've seen browser based searches but there's no way the project itself would support a full browser version. No one would bother running the client so the whole thing would seize up.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 07:48:49 PM

I've seen browser based searches but there's no way the project itself would support a full browser version. No one would bother running the client so the whole thing would seize up.

People who are invested in the platform -- OB1 and its investors, vendors who depend on the platform for sales, maybe even a few buyers who want to support the network -- would run the client.

I'm not sure exactly how OpenBazaar's P2P networking works but in theory, a lite browser-based version that pings nodes should be possible. They should consider something to make it more accessible.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 09:13:03 PM

People who are invested in the platform -- OB1 and its investors, vendors who depend on the platform for sales, maybe even a few buyers who want to support the network -- would run the client.

I'm not sure exactly how OpenBazaar's P2P networking works but in theory, a lite browser-based version that pings nodes should be possible. They should consider something to make it more accessible.

I agree with increasing accessibility and the obvious way is a no client approach, but anything that requires charity or centralisation rather than necessity isn't going to last. Of course if it was browser usable usage would go considerably higher.

I guess the most viable is requiring sellers to run it. I presume that might screw up whatever escrow/moderator system it has if buyers aren't an integral part too.
jcloud

Activity: 6
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 04:25:43 PM
Merited by squatter (1)

There is browser version! Though it does not yet support buying, that functionality is in development now. The goal here is to eventually have OpenBazaar completely browser-based. https://openbazaar.com

Also newly released is a mobile experience for OpenBazaar called Haven: https://gethaven.app

Happy to answer any questions anyone has about the platform & various clients, I am the Marketing & Communications Lead at OB!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: