Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:26:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When Legendary?  (Read 1276 times)
fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 15180

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 06:22:30 AM

I understand that your calculator is so much older, but this is superior as it automatically calculates (in the version I posted above) the exact ranking up date, provided you feed your activity cycle correctly and the uniform update cycle in the forum.
You could easily upgrade your own spreadsheet with the official activity cycle.
You can find all the required information in my updated spreadsheet above.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2432

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 06:46:31 AM

I've noticed that my received merits have tailed off a lot recently, and I'm not sure if that is the result of a change in the community approach to merit awarding, or a reduction in my posting because I felt that I was becoming out of touch with current forum interests. I use merit awards and replies to my posts to judge the value the community places on my posts. A drop in either, or both, means that I have to rethink my posting behaviour. Smiley

If there is a shift in the awarding of merits, then obviously this will affect the time taken to achieve legendary status.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
fillippone
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 06:53:31 AM

I've noticed that my received merits have tailed off a lot recently, and I'm not sure if that is the result of a change in the community approach to merit awarding, or a reduction in my posting because I felt that I was becoming out of touch with current forum interests. I use merit awards and replies to my posts to judge the value the community places on my posts. A drop in either, or both, means that I have to rethink my posting behaviour. Smiley

If there is a shift in the awarding of merits, then obviously this will affect the time taken to achieve legendary status.

Nah,
I think you should post what interest you the most. Merit is a nice addendum to that, but in the long run I think sticking what interest you the most, and to what you are better at, benefit the most the community. This is what merit system is about.
Well, this is under the hypothesis you are not a merit farmer, in that case... do the opposite!

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 4124

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 07:27:46 AM

Same goes for me, the rate at which I recieved merit has also reduce drastically but In my situation I know the reason why since I'm not that active as before and also spending more time in less merit awareness board due to some specific reasons but when you think about it more lower users are getting merited and ranking up so irrespective of it affecting the time to achieve legendary status atleast more high ranked users will be recorded.

The forum interest right now is the 10 anniversary of the forum which is understandable why decent amount of merit are flowing towards related discussion on that matter. I'll presume your case to be out of touch in forum interest since your post quality hasn't changed.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 07:49:44 AM
Merited by fillippone (1)

>..<

Well thanks for the kind words. Smiley
It might be that I'm not pushing any projects at the moment. The photographic project to help people in low income countries is starting to grab me. I thought of Venezuela, but Nigeria might be another country where members could benefit. I think that projects like this to help members to earn Bitcoin could be useful.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
Laskoo

Activity: 350
Merit: 144

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 09:16:01 AM

I think Legendary is just a matter of pride in here since Here/Legendary gives you almost the same benefits on the forum.

The merit system is problematic for newbies who are struggling to get 1 merit and be able to post images, and here I am not talking about new Newbies, but about the ones that have 2-300 activity and they are still newbies. Not many users gives merit points to newbies just because they are newbies and they know you'll make him/her Jr.Member if you'll give 1 merit.

As for the calculator, is a good tool but for the old system (without merit requirement), with the current one the tool is just for curiosity as you'll get merit points much more harder than the activity required between the ranks time-frame.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 16316

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 09:22:18 AM

The merit system is problematic for newbies who are struggling to get 1 merit and be able to post images, and here I am not talking about new Newbies, but about the ones that have 2-300 activity and they are still newbies.
That's not a problem, it's exactly why the Merit system was introduced. If someone has 300 Activity without earning a single Merit, I'm pretty sure his posts are worthless.
But by all means, if you find a worthy Newbie with good posts: report them here so I can Merit them!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 09:27:08 AM

I don't agree that merit is just a matter of pride for legendaries. The actual count is not important to me, as I will never be able to compete with the stats reporters. However, individual awards are useful, and they give me a feel for the general opinions in the forum, and they help me to "tune" my posts and threads.

o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18497

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 09:33:02 AM
Merited by Foxpup (3)

I remember the time before the introduction of merit when we just wrote in the forum without burdening ourselves too much with others and what others think of us.
I still post like that, and I suspect many of the other top merit earners do too. It is pretty easy to spot people who are posting in topics they have no knowledge or interest in for the sole reason of spamming their signature or phishing for merits. My biggest tip for earning merit has always been to forget merit exists and simply use the forum as it is intended - to learn, read, ask questions, and discuss.

Not many users gives merit points to newbies just because they are newbies and they know you'll make him/her Jr.Member if you'll give 1 merit.
There's actually a fair few of us (myself included) who spend time and go out of our way to track down good newbies to give merit to, which you can see from this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5034141.msg52227889#msg52227889. I have no issues ranking up a newbie to a junior member and giving them signature privileges as long as it is clear to me that they are here primarily for the reason I outlined above - to learn and discuss - and they aren't here solely to abuse that signature. As Loyce says, utilize his thread to report any good posts you think are doing unmerited.
AverageGlabella
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 09:38:40 AM

I don't agree that merit is just a matter of pride for legendaries. The actual count is not important to me, as I will never be able to compete with the stats reporters. However, individual awards are useful, and they give me a feel for the general opinions in the forum, and they help me to "tune" my posts and threads.

A lot of legendary members haven't earned their first 1000 merit so gives a good idea of a good poster if they have earned more than that. Legendary can also send that earned merit to others so its not like its being completely wasted.

I have no issues ranking up a newbie to a junior member and giving them signature privileges as long as it is clear to me that they are here primarily for the reason I outlined above - to learn and discuss - and they aren't here solely to abuse that signature.
Signatures should be something to reward already good and established members instead of being something people aim for. I don't change my behavior when in a signature campaign and despite being in one of the highest paying campaigns you will see that I haven't posted for a couple of days. My posting habits haven't changed just because I'm earning money from posting and I think looking at the before and after statistics when accepting members and moderating a campaign that should be taken into consideration.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 4124

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 09:56:44 AM

>..<

Well thanks for the kind words. Smiley
It might be that I'm not pushing any projects at the moment. The photographic project to help people in low income countries is starting to grab me. I thought of Venezuela, but Nigeria might be another country where members could benefit. I think that projects like this to help members to earn Bitcoin could be useful.

You're welcome. I'm always on a look at for such opportunity so don't hesitate to alert me the moment you come across any. I'm always open to learn. I prefer working smarter to harder that's why I don't engage in an opportunity that'll require me to work twice as hard than I'm currently doing instead of encouraging me to work smarter. Bitcoin has been a major blessing to we from this part of the world, you just have to be in our shoes to understand the feeling we get from been enthusiasts especially as our economy and currency value is depreciating constantly.

Any legitimate opportunity to earn some bitcoin is always welcomed 🤑.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Laskoo

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 11:36:48 AM

Not the merit points are a matter of pride for users (maybe for some... I don't know), the Legendary rank is (this is what I've said) Tongue

That's not a problem, it's exactly why the Merit system was introduced. If someone has 300 Activity without earning a single Merit, I'm pretty sure his posts are worthless.
But by all means, if you find a worthy Newbie with good posts: report them here so I can Merit them!

Will do it for sure, I actually say some good posts (from newbies) who deserved some merit but I didn't had anything at that time left to give it.

Thanks for the tip!
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 10633

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 11:42:26 AM

<..>
As of last Friday, there are 10.952 Jr. Members (that therefore required receiving at least 1 sMerit). It’s true though that if I narrow down on those whose account was created in 2019, the toll goes down to 476 Jr Members, which isn’t a large amount for 2019 created accounts.
(see https://public.tableau.com/shared/23435KRGF?:display_count=yes&:origin=viz_share_link)

On the other hand, I do believe that getting that one merit is a piece of cake if one applies himself to the task. It may take a month or two of perseverance (as was my case), but that is probably it.

If one wants to keep up the pace with the time required to rank-up as it did before the Merit System, you’ll need to gain a rough average of one merit per day (and that's when @DireWolfM14’s calculator comes in handy). That is pretty tough to achieve nowadays, but 1 Merit .. not really.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
fillippone
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 11:48:26 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2019, 12:06:49 PM by fillippone

<...>

If one wants to keep up the pace with the time required to rank-up as it did before the Merit System, you’ll need to gain a rough average of one merit per day (and that's when @DireWolfM14’s calculator comes in handy). That is pretty tough to achieve nowadays, but 1 Merit .. not really.

Call me "merit farmer", call me "example of survivorship bias" (I dismiss both those statement, but who cares), but I can confirm it is doable.
Without bending your own way of posting to better fit the merit system.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
Laskoo

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 11:56:18 AM

<..>
As of last Friday, there are 10.952 Jr. Members (that therefore required receiving at least 1 sMerit). It’s true though that if I narrow down on those whose account was created in 2019, the toll goes down to 476 Jr Members, which isn’t a large amount for 2019 created accounts.
(see https://public.tableau.com/shared/23435KRGF?:display_count=yes&:origin=viz_share_link)

On the other hand, I do believe that getting that one merit is a piece of cake if one applies himself to the task. It may take a month or two of perseverance (as was my case), but that is probably it.

Here you have a point, and 1 merit/day sounds like easy task at first glance but you need to do this day after day for the next 3 years. Cheesy

@DireWolfM14’s calculator is no doubt a good tool, but is handy for the few, good posters active in here daily.

As for the 476 Jr.Members in 2019, I wonder how much is the percentage of total registered users to make the ratio.
Rikafip
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 5924

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 01:01:14 PM

I think Legendary is just a matter of pride in here since Here/Legendary gives you almost the same benefits on the forum.

The merit system is problematic for newbies who are struggling to get 1 merit and be able to post images, and here I am not talking about new Newbies, but about the ones that have 2-300 activity and they are still newbies. Not many users gives merit points to newbies just because they are newbies and they know you'll make him/her Jr.Member if you'll give 1 merit.

As for the calculator, is a good tool but for the old system (without merit requirement), with the current one the tool is just for curiosity as you'll get merit points much more harder than the activity required between the ranks time-frame.

To be newbie with 300 activity you have to be really dedicated to shitposting.

I don't agree that high ranked members avoid giving merit to newbies. Being relatively new member here I spent a lot of time in newbie&help subforum and I saw many newbies getting merit from  high rank members after few dozens posts.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
... LIVECASINO.io    Play Live Games with up to 20% cashback!...██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 2126

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2019, 07:42:39 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (2), CryptopreneurBrainboss (1)

From my 0 to 1000 merit experience, honestly, I stop caring about receiving merit after about 700 or so, after my merit count way ahead of my activity.

While the activity is predictable, the merit is not. Don't overthink it and keep posting whatever and whenever interest you the most. It's not a race, and you receive almost no benefit from being a top merited member. Last, if you think 1K is not doable, then you can count how many members who have done it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1323

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2021, 07:58:16 PM
Merited by DdmrDdmr (2), Lucius (1), TheBeardedBaby (1), DireWolfM14 (1), tyKiwanuka (1)

I don't want to brag too much, so I will post here. I'm Legendary finally - it was nice surprise for me when I checked profile today which made my day better. Yeah, it took a while to rank up, but I'm finally here. I don't pretend to be best poster here, I'm just average guy here. So, I can tell from my experience that merit system works
I just want to say thanks to everyone who thought that my posts is merit worthy and merited me. It means a lot for me

Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 5543

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat⚔️

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2021, 11:42:30 AM
Merited by LTU_btc (1)

LTU_btc, congratulations on your promotion, it was also time for you to become Legendary because I have to admit you were one of the few who were close to that rank before merits were introduced. I'm not a merit source, so I couldn't push you towards the goal more than I did - but I gave you support in this thread. I hope that this helped you at least a little Wink

Source

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1323

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2021, 07:53:31 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2023, 10:10:40 PM by LTU_btc

LTU_btc, congratulations on your promotion, it was also time for you to become Legendary because I have to admit you were one of the few who were close to that rank before merits were introduced. I'm not a merit source, so I couldn't push you towards the goal more than I did - but I gave you support in this thread. I hope that this helped you at least a little Wink

https://talkimg.com/images/2023/09/10/mqfh8.gif
Source
Thanks for support, mate. I really appreciate it!
I remember when theymos released merit system, I was so close to become Legendary. I can't say that I was very disappointed or something back then, but it was kinda strange feeling. But I was confident that I will become Legendary one day.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: