Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:51:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BBC Air Documentary on Notorious ‘Crypto Queen’ Scammer  (Read 317 times)
dul48 (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 08:42:49 PM

Nothing gets the clicks or views more than a good story of fear, uncertainty and doubt. The BBC, which has largely steered clear of reporting on crypto, has aired a documentary on the notorious ‘Crypto Queen’ who made a fortune on a scam ICO.

https://bitcoinist.com/bbc-air-documentary-on-notorious-crypto-queen-scammer/
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 08:44:53 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2019, 11:57:58 PM by Carlton Banks

LOL

Doesn't every British pound have the "Fiat Queen" scammer's face on it?  Cheesy

I heard her relatives pretended to be chosen by God to steal everyone's money, then bought jewelry and palaces with it!!!! And "Queen Lizzie-fah II" (her gangster moniker) still has the palaces and the fat gold chains in her possession....

The BBC should investigate this scamming family of gangsters, right?

Vires in numeris
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2019, 09:52:17 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

So weird that the media won't get within 100 feet of pointing out that Wright is an obvious scammer, but seems to have no problem doing so for onecoin.  Onecoin is obviously a scam, but not more obviously than wright...
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 09:59:20 PM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

So weird that the media won't get within 100 feet of pointing out that Wright is an obvious scammer, but seems to have no problem doing so for onecoin.  Onecoin is obviously a scam, but not more obviously than wright...

The narrative that he is (or might be) Satoshi is a much bigger headline. All the media cares about anymore is getting clicks. If he's just cast as a common conman, nobody would be interested in the story. With Onecoin, they can point to a Ponzi scheme worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

lightningmelo
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 22

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2019, 10:08:46 PM

Nothing gets the clicks or views more than a good story of fear, uncertainty and doubt. The BBC, which has largely steered clear of reporting on crypto, has aired a documentary on the notorious ‘Crypto Queen’ who made a fortune on a scam ICO.

The click hunger journalists don't care about the means to meet their ends, it's all about that bottomline.

Unfortunately I guess this article will resonate with people that invested at the peak of the market and lost money on crypto, they'll feel good about themselves that "crypto is a scam". Sad.

yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 10:19:58 PM

So weird that the media won't get within 100 feet of pointing out that Wright is an obvious scammer, but seems to have no problem doing so for onecoin.  Onecoin is obviously a scam, but not more obviously than wright...
In my early days I actually believed that the media was the source of correct and undiluted information but I have been proven wrong, what they seem to care about is publicity and their very own agenda. The only truths is  when it comes to pleasing their owners and them getting clicks.
kissme09

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 10:26:27 PM

Scams always happen in investing, and I got used to that. In an ICO if you do not scrutinise the projects you are about to invest, you will always be the prey of all Scammer. Invest in publicly-known projects of the development team's identity, check the project's tax code to authenticate the company you're about to invest. Take your time to check the project information before investing in it.

chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 10:30:19 PM

Thanks for this information brother, it's good to see these scammers get ousted. Far too many of us have been scammed in this community. No sympathy for the thieves at all. This should help spread awareness to their tactics and help those who could be potentially scammed within the future. Remember to practice your're Due Diligence!  Cool

lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 10:41:36 PM
Merited by Foxpup (3)

So weird that the media won't get within 100 feet of pointing out that Wright is an obvious scammer, but seems to have no problem doing so for onecoin.  Onecoin is obviously a scam, but not more obviously than wright...

"You've hit the nail on the head"! There are two theories that came to my head with regards to this, one is that either the mainstream media such as BBC lacks information about CSW's blatantly faked adventures or they did deliberately cast a news blackout on that topic fearing for legal reprisal from Faketoshi who often uses the "teeth of the law" to intimidate  anyone who challenges his fraudulent actions.

But with regards to this documentary, I think its a good move for them to be able to convey important information  about crypto being used to commit fraud thus serves as a warning and eye opener for those who are about to enter the world of crypto so as not to be victimize from this type of scams. I just hope that this documentary will present cryptocurrency fairly and objectively to give the viewers a balanced point of view about it.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 10:58:19 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4), Foxpup (3)

unfortunately, proving something using science or math actually sounds like magic to the vast majority of people, and the media (not just the newsmedia) have done a great deal to encourage it, when they could responsibly be trying to carefully devise ways of making reasoning & critical thinking a part of ordinary culture (to their credit, the BBC were good at making TV like that in the past, but have dumbed things down since). Using cryptography to prove someone is a scam artist (even something relatively simplistic as in Wright's case) appears to the average human as voodoo, it's a hell of a tide to swim against.

I get your other point though also, it's almost as if the BBC etc don't care about their credibility (this is also essentially tabloid journalism as TV), but they can always use the above assessment as a figleaf: "pffff, what regular person even understands this witchcraft", when in fact (especially in the BBC's case) there are dozens of cryptography experts working a walking distance away from their main studios.

Vires in numeris
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4414

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 11:26:05 PM

it's almost as if the BBC etc don't care about their credibility

they wouldnt lose income from advertisers as there are non. tv licence is a guaranteed income stream whether people watch their shows or not, so why care

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 01:54:34 PM

Scams always happen in investing, and I got used to that. In an ICO if you do not scrutinise the projects you are about to invest, you will always be the prey of all Scammer. Invest in publicly-known projects of the development team's identity, check the project's tax code to authenticate the company you're about to invest. Take your time to check the project information before investing in it.
Well said, and for that reason we need to be cautious and conduct our own research just to ensure that we are not falling into some sort of scam. Scammers these days used different techniques and strategies to deceive other people particularly newbies because most of them does not have enough understanding which leads into bad situation.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 02:01:51 PM

That project is not an ICO but morelikely to be  ponzi scheme .
I already heard about this onecoin project before the ICO trend started even in my country there are many people promoting this one and they believe this onecoin will be a big thing, without understanding how crypto currency really works.
Thats why there many people has been victim they use the success of bitcoin and told to investors that onecoin is better than bitcoin.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 05:07:46 PM

Of course, FUD in different types and magnitudes always get the attention it is looking for. Something as bad as OneCoin can always sell or take some traffic or eyeballs from the audience compared to maybe extolling the virtues and benefits of Bitcoin. Definitely, OneCoin is a bad scam and this is one of the biggest fishes so far. I am not updated so much with what happened to the charges against the people behind this mess but I am sure that soon the reach of the law will be upon them. Back in 2016, i was invited to be a part of this ponzi cryptocurrency but I declined because back then the program was already gathering a lot of bad reviews and warnings from authorities. The key element why OneCoin gathered as many millions at it wanted is, of course, greed! And we are still greedy today hence more ponzi-related programs can be coming our way.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2019, 05:49:28 PM

The Mainstream Media will always play to the tune of the Whales. When they wish people to sell their Bitcoin, they will push the negative agenda narrative and make people afraid, so they will sell. This is happening all the time then when they wish people to FOMO in and purchase BTC, they will start showing all these positive reviews about Bitcoin and the Blockchain in general. I do not trust the Mainstream Media at all as it is an instrument of the larger pockets and was created to subdue the Masses.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
yazher

Activity: 2170
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 07:11:05 PM

This should be watch by the peole who want to invest on an ICO a very interesting documentary. I'll add this to my list  soon. If we watch this documentary, we will have an Idea on which kind of ICO are not real and will eventualy turn into scam someday.  every sweet words has a  bitter result we better  not to  fall with it especially in crypto  industry  where most bad people are not gonna hesitate to get a  dollar from us  if they were free to do  it.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
bustedsynx

Activity: 859
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 07:17:36 PM

LMAO, BBC dubbed Dr Ruja Ignatova the notorious crypto queen when Onecoin didn't even have a blockchain! It was all smoke and mirrors, duping greedy investors, blinded by the promised profits. I agree Craig Wright is worse. Maybe because of the millions of dollars lost they dubbed her queen.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade crypto with FTX - 5% off fees with this link
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 08:30:30 PM

It'd be nice if there were transcripts for these podcasts, I don't feel like spending hours on listening to them on the off chance I might learn about something new.

That's because he was given too much credibility initially, and wasn't immediately and unanimously denounced as a fraud.

Signature space available for rent.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2019, 08:56:08 PM

this is all that they've come up?
there are hundreds of coins in this forum open for them to investigate but they focus on onecoin.

there was this one users who pmed me about her as journalist Thomson Reuters covering ICOs  doing a special report on ICO scams. his name is Gertrude aka Carousel. it never thought she were serious. didnt reply to his pm though but if this is all they got. they gotta try Wright instead because that at least doesnt need minimum investigation.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 10:26:56 PM

this is all that they've come up?
there are hundreds of coins in this forum open for them to investigate but they focus on onecoin.

Maybe because it's one of the biggest scams out there with billions of dollars gathered from suckers from all over the world?

Signature space available for rent.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: