Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:01:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How i keep my private keys safe without hardware wallet  (Read 1149 times)
Drai

Activity: 567
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 03, 2019, 06:32:38 PM

I also stored my private keys in a flash drive and kept it in a very secure location, several flash drives actually because something might happen to one and I would lose everything, additionally I wrote them down and stored in a safe location too, security is paramount when dealing with Cryptocurrencies and I take the security of my funds very seriously because scammers are everywhere searching for a wallet to hack and steal someone's hard earned funds.

ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
November 03, 2019, 06:39:29 PM

I also stored my private keys in a flash drive and kept it in a very secure location, several flash drives actually because something might happen to one and I would lose everything, additionally I wrote them down and stored in a safe location too, security is paramount when dealing with Cryptocurrencies and I take the security of my funds very seriously because scammers are everywhere searching for a wallet to hack and steal someone's hard earned funds.
You can also write in a piece of paper and keep in a closet or in a place that you can hide. Treat Bitcoin as your valuable stuff because this is just like money or a bar of gold. When someone will see that you have Bitcoin stored they will be tempted to steal it from you. Just take care of our private key safe that nobody knows, our responsibility to keep our valuable stuff. If that is a big amount you can make a metal vault that no one will open it and all your valuable things are in there.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
November 03, 2019, 08:47:51 PM

Storing private keys on your hard drive can be fraught with certain risks. Such as damage or failure of the optical drive of the disk, or some other type of damage.
In other words, you will have to have several such disks so that you have several backups at your disposal. I think you yourself understand that storing private keys in only one place is too dangerous.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1223

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2019, 06:16:05 AM

-snip-
The more copies you store the key in, the more chances of getting it stolen. Keep it in one disc and replace it every 2-3 years. If you have a place to store documents physically like a bank vault, keep it there.

Or if you are paranoid enough, keep then in the form of a puzzle in one vault, another piece in another vault. Like a small treasure hunt game. Grin

Unless you are a huge-cap trader you should not have to go beyond hardware wallets. But I doubt any whales actually visits this forum anymore.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 07:12:45 AM

You can also write in a piece of paper and keep in a closet or in a place that you can hide. Treat Bitcoin as your valuable stuff because this is just like money or a bar of gold. When someone will see that you have Bitcoin stored they will be tempted to steal it from you. Just take care of our private key safe that nobody knows, our responsibility to keep our valuable stuff. If that is a big amount you can make a metal vault that no one will open it and all your valuable things are in there.
good advice. but at least we are not careless enough to protect our private key. usually those who are hacked are those who are careless, of course, after we follow the hacker instructions, then all our data can be known. for example they spread it via email

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2030
Merit: 161

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 08:50:58 AM

Although OP method of keeping private keys may look good but, those methods are odds because they aren't safe at all. How do you keep your flash drive from viruses? I would not encourage any to get into that. An old laptop or computer can be perfect in this haven the network remove from the system completely.

Furryball

Activity: 490
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 09:07:52 AM

If you can not afford a hardware wallet then buy cheap pc and install the new window and anti-virus then store all your private keys, passwords, and other precious data there and never try to connect this pc to the internet and one more important point never permit anyone to use this private pc.
Do not connect to the internet, if you do your pc might get compromised, staying offline is safer that is why paper wallets will always be my favourite

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 09:08:47 AM

This is how i keep my private keys safe since i can't afford to buy a hardware wallet.
1. A complete new harddisk
I bought a new harddisk and install window 7 on it and copy all my private keys in there, i don't bother to leave this harddisk in the pc, after the copy is completed i remove the harddisk and keep it.

2.My Recording book
I have a long hard shelled book that i use for keeping records of all the airdrops and bounties i promoted because sometimes i used to forget easily so i write down my recovery seeds in this book as well

3. Flash Drive
I have a good 8gig flash drive as well that i use to copy software and files from one pc to another so i format this flash drive and copy my private keys and recovery seeds in it.

At first no one knew i am into crypto stuffs and secondly i don't share my room with anyone cos i am living alone, those who have people around them with face problems like friends going behind your back checking through your stuffs or even stealing your things, hardware wallet is still the best though.
I'm keeping my private key in a piece of small notebook alongside with all my password seeds and phrases of all the platforms exchange that i have interact with, No more rituals just a plain written piece of paper, with a waterproof cover its just small that even fit in my wallet.
Innocant

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 09:35:18 AM

Their are many ways how to keep your private keys safe, And their are some site that can save our important files. I do not know what it is but I saw that on when one of my friend saving all of here files. And you can write that also into a paper if you want to be safe always, or anythings that you have at your house can be useful that can put it for your private keys. Using USB its is good but need to careful cause of some virus entering in your USB so it have time erase them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: