Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:02:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Price Action in relation to Bitcoin  (Read 2538 times)
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1332

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 04:55:49 PM

You know the drill. When Bitcoin rallies hard, altcoins dump. When Bitcoin dumps, all the rest dumps too. But when Bitcoin is sideways, altcoins rally and some go their own price action.

Everyone in this subsection of Bitcointalk is waiting for altcoin season to come again. Some have already given up.

I will try to post my observations about the market relationship of Ethereum which is the current lead indicator of altcoin market health to Bitcoin's.
Ethereum has been outperforming bitcoin for at least two weeks, however it seems this is changing so I wonder if it is such a good idea to invest in ethereum at the moment, the market does not seem to be trending in any direction, it is just roaming aimlessly, so I will not really blame if investors began moving back to fiat or stable coins since the bull market seems to be over, I know some are still hoping for a bull movement at the end of the year but I do not see any desire for investors to do so.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1101

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 05:14:11 PM

It looks quite difficult to get into that phase again, now we can see where BTC dominance is already very large in the market, I think ALT season will come when BTC dominance decreases maybe in the range of 50%, so you can estimate if BTC dominance decreases meaning ALT season will appear soon.
Do you really think that Bitcoin is ready to let its dominance go for now, I really don't think so, and I don't see much reason why we should be relying on Bitcoin dominance for these coins to increase in value, I think that they all have their own different use case which many of them he even claimed in the past that they have a more useful platforms than that if Bitcoin.

Ethereum is still a good project and I don't think they really need Bitcoin dominance to reduce for them to really increase if they mean business like they meant it in 2017 when they made their platform conducive for both investors and developers to use, but the platform they currently have has become a living shadow really as investors are no longer finding it attractive.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 12:27:06 PM

It looks quite difficult to get into that phase again, now we can see where BTC dominance is already very large in the market, I think ALT season will come when BTC dominance decreases maybe in the range of 50%, so you can estimate if BTC dominance decreases meaning ALT season will appear soon.

Yes. That sound right. For now, bitcoin has too much dominance over market. Altcoins haven't given big returns from last 1 year or so that's why, investors are investing in altcoins less and moving towards bitcoin completely. Size of their portfolio is decreasing and becoming homogeneous with bitcoin. Only if bitcoin decreases too much or alts rise too much when people's interest will transfer towards alts again.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 01:59:01 PM

Only if bitcoin decreases too much or alts rise too much when people's interest will transfer towards alts again.
Bitcoin has decreased quite a bit, but it took altcoins down with it, and that while people were strongly of believe that the moment Bitcoin's momentum would weaken, altcoins would boom hard but thus far they haven't.

I haven't seen much of an indication that altcoins are going to explode any time soon---the dumb fomo retail money is what made it pop hard and they are still not willing to come back because they are licking their wounds.

I expect Bitcoin to fall deep under the $8k mark in the coming weeks, which I believe will hurt altcoins too. I would rather wait for an altcoin season as confirmation than to jump in right now and lose more value.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
ePesoInitiative (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 05:39:32 PM

There is a problem with altcoin, people only buy it for profit. I mean when they come to market, people just want sell it, especially with bounty hunter.
Ethereum is also affected because many ico is scam, people be like not trusting eth, so many people going back to Bitcoin. But there is also many people selling all their asset like Bitcoin back to fiat, so price Bitcoin get dump again.

Majority believes altcoins are just for selling. Majority believes scam ICOs caused ETH decline. However in all markets, legacy or crypto, in all history, the majority usually gets it wrong. It is the contrarians who usually gets the market.

People are always the most bullish at all-time high price and most bearish at the all time low price.

ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 05:53:45 PM

There is a problem with altcoin, people only buy it for profit. I mean when they come to market, people just want sell it, especially with bounty hunter.
Ethereum is also affected because many ico is scam, people be like not trusting eth, so many people going back to Bitcoin. But there is also many people selling all their asset like Bitcoin back to fiat, so price Bitcoin get dump again.

Majority believes altcoins are just for selling. Majority believes scam ICOs caused ETH decline. However in all markets, legacy or crypto, in all history, the majority usually gets it wrong. It is the contrarians who usually gets the market.

People are always the most bullish at all-time high price and most bearish at the all time low price.
That's emotional trading but for people who knows how to work with the market it's not that always to follow the trends, it's your knowledge that will
place you to the right directions, it's understandable to use your term "Most" since it's influential when Fuds start to shake the market and Fomo's begin
to rush things out to take their position afraid to lose opportunities.  Assess and manage accordingly the market needs to observe before taking your side.
arifteguhr

Activity: 1246
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 06:22:19 PM

Speaking of prize hunters in my opinion there are many reasons why they sell cheap. the main reason is that prices have gone down before the prize hunters get their prizes and in my opinion this cannot be a reason for people to blame that the bounty is the cause of the current price drop

MOONBET[]          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░       
       ░░▒░░▒█████▒░░▒░     
    ░▓██▓▓███████████▓▓██▓   
   ▓███████▓░     ░▓███████▒ 
  ▓▒▒▓██▒             ▒██▓▒▓▓
 ▒▒░▓█▓         ▒▓█▓    ▓█▓░▒░
▒██▒██        ▒████      ██▒█▓
▓██▓█▒     ███████       ▓█▓██
▒██▒███   ▒▒██████       ██▒█▓
 ░▒░▓██▓░   ▓▓ ▓█░      ▒█▓░▒░
  ▓▒▒▓███████          ▓█▓▒▓▒
   ▒██▓███████▓░ █▓ ▒██████▒ 
     ▓██▒▓▓██████████▓▓██▓   
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     
          ░░░░░░░░░░░         
[]           ▓███████████████████
        ▓▓▓█▒▒▓               █
 ░▓▓█████▓▓█▒▓█               █
██▓▓▓░     █▒██               █
██ ▓█░     █▓      ▒██▓       █
 ██▓█▒     █▓    ▒██████▓░    █
  █▓    ████▓   ██████████▓   █
  ▓█    ████▒   ███████████   █
   ██   ▓███▓   ▓█████████    █
   ░█▓    ▒█▓       ███       █
    ██     █▓         ░    ▓█▓█
     ██    █▓              ▓█▒█
     ▒█▓   █▓ ░      ░░░░░░▒▓ █
      ██   ▓▓▓▓████████████████
       ███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
[][]

> TWITTER
> DISCORD
> MEDIUM
> TELEGRAM
Pelunize12

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 07:53:11 PM

You know the drill. When Bitcoin rallies hard, altcoins dump. When Bitcoin dumps, all the rest dumps too. But when Bitcoin is sideways, altcoins rally and some go their own price action.

Everyone in this subsection of Bitcointalk is waiting for altcoin season to come again. Some have already given up.

I will try to post my observations about the market relationship of Ethereum which is the current lead indicator of altcoin market health to Bitcoin's.
if your mean is BTC pair, then it's right. but if your mean is USD pair then it's wrong
USD pair has straight correlation with bitcoin, when bitcoin up alts up, vice viersa
that's why many trader take advantage to trade USD pair when BTC pump
Patrix_1

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 08:00:45 PM

Yeah sure, but now things work differently. One of a sudden ETH falls in both cases and it does not matter if BTC is raising or falling. This is happening because of the lack of interest and lack of updates from team members.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1332

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 05:22:00 PM

Yes. That sound right. For now, bitcoin has too much dominance over market. Altcoins haven't given big returns from last 1 year or so that's why, investors are investing in altcoins less and moving towards bitcoin completely. Size of their portfolio is decreasing and becoming homogeneous with bitcoin. Only if bitcoin decreases too much or alts rise too much when people's interest will transfer towards alts again.
Exactly, this is common sense, some people want the altcoin market to go up, but from an investor point of view what it is the point of investing in something when it is clear that altcoins have not been profitable for a long time, most investors are either moving to bitcoin or to fiat and it makes sense, if altcoins want to shine again then they need to offer something that bitcoin does not and since that has not been the case this explains why altcoins are not really getting any interest from investors.
ePesoInitiative (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 11:31:48 AM

...but from an investor point of view what it is the point of investing in something when it is clear that altcoins have not been profitable for a long time,...

Your statements reflect the despondency or depression phase of this overused yet still relevant chart of market emotions. Now is the best time to buy altcoins, buy your own blood as Rothschild said. The fundamentals from a neutral point of view hasn't changed.

GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 11:43:40 AM

indeed all cryptocurrency and altcoin I see have a relationship related to the price they have because in exchange places usually bitcoin price movements can affect other coins, but it doesn't hurt if you have several ethereum that you can save to look for profit from ethereum .

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Reatim

Activity: 2828
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 12:33:14 PM

ethereum is now the best defense coin when the price of bitcoin has declined, ethereum still has good potential. but in the future I am sure this will end and ethereum will be able to connect well with the price of bitcoin
It would be great if you could explain about the potential of ETH and if you think that the price of ETH will challenge the price of bitcoin, then you are dreaming. There was a time in the past when some people thought that ETH will over take the price of bitcoin when ETH started its rally and it was really close when all the token projects started appearing in the market, now there is no way ETH is catching up with bitcoin.
He never said Ethereum will challenge the price of bitcoin,don’t put words into he’s mouth lol
What he said is the price of the said coins will connect with bitcoin and that’s too different from challenging .

And I think what he said is true because ethereum  at many points is staying in the top 2 position(though bitcoin cash (BCH) did took the position couple of times before) and this is the main reason why supporters keep on trusting ethereum even many also called this as shitcoin

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
cryptoangel

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 01:55:14 PM

If you think normal most of the peoples are want profit and some peoples are invest stable coins also so we always concentrate the profitable investment and Ethereum is one of the best altcoin in crypto market. May be you are not active in currently because Bitcoin and Ethereum both are moving same line.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█                         █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █
           ▄▄███████▄▄   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████  █
         ████▀     ▀████
         ████       ████
         ████▄     ▄████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████  █
           ▀▀███████▀▀   █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        █
█                         █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
ROLLBIT●  Instant Deposits & Withdrawals
●  Rakeback & Level Up Bonuses
●  Live Customer Support
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
ePesoInitiative (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 03:24:10 PM

Guys, we are getting off-topic a bit here. We are discussing Ethereum price movement in relation to Bitcoin price movement because ETH represents the whole altcoin space while Bitcoin is the leading crypto thus it becomes the default index of all.

coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 01:51:30 PM

Yeah sure, but now things work differently. One of a sudden ETH falls in both cases and it does not matter if BTC is raising or falling. This is happening because of the lack of interest and lack of updates from team members.
What do you mean by this, the update that vitalikbuterin and co has been giving about their project over time, what do we call that, and the work they are currently doing to upgrade Ethereum which has led to them proposing to release Ethereum 2.0 by next year, what do we also call that, so why would you say that the team are not giving update or they lack interest in the project.

They are not really the cause of what is happening to the ICO market generally, even if they upgrade their platform next year to 2.0. I still do not see how that will affect their growth except the general bear market is over, and the main thing that is causing bear market generally is because of people's personal lack of interest in altcoins as they don’t use to bring profit as much as they do in the past and I must tell you that what most people here are really after is not the technology of these coins but their money.
Shasha80

Activity: 1876
Merit: 318

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 02:29:02 PM

The movements of all altcoins are affected by bitcoin movements ethereum is no exception. As long as the bitcoin price is still going up and down it will be difficult for ethereum, because ethereum has tried to increase its price a few times always fail. This makes it clear that the movement of ethereum still depends on bitcoin, many who are waiting for ethereum can head ATH later this year. But I am not sure that the end of the year will be reached, because the current ethereum price is still on the market very low. But we must not be pessimistic in this matter, it doesn't matter if this year's target sell has not been achieved. There are still 2020 where there are many events for cryptocurrency that could possibly drive ethereum prices.

BIGGEST AND MOST
TRUSTED FULLY LICENSED
CRYPTO CASINO
▄▄▄▄█▄█▄▄▄▄
▄█████████████▄
███▀▀███████▀▀███
█▀      ▀█▀      ▀█
███████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████
▀▀███▀▀
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█   █   ▄  ███    ███   █
█▀▄▀█ ▄███▄ █  ███ █▀▄▀█
█▀ ▀██▀█▀█▀██████  ██▀ ▀█
█   ▄▀▄▀▄███  ██  █   █
█    █▄█  ██  ██ █    █
█    ██  ██  ███    █
█    █  ██  ██    █
▀▄   ▀▄██ ▄▀   ▄▀
▀▄   ▀█▀   ▄▀
▀▄     ▄▀
▀▀▄▀▀
▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▄▀
█▄ ▀█▄▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄█
▀█▀███▀███▀█▀
▄█████████████▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
▀█████████████▀
▀██████████████▀
▀█████████████▀
▀█████████▀
▀▀▀█▀▀▀
SPANISH CLUBS
OFFICIAL ASIAN
BETTING PARTNER
ACCEPT
MULTIPLE
CURRENCIES
JOIN US
ePesoInitiative (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 05:22:51 PM

Things are somewhat looking good for Ethereum. The price is again above the support levels of the Ichimoku cloud (bullish) since June 6, 2019. And the daily chart shows an ascending triangle forming (also bullish). It might better to have ETH rather BTC now.

There was a breakout but it didn't follow through. I suspect it is because of Bitcoin crashing again. So now the the daily candlestick is a doji after 6 days of gradual price decline. The price is still testing support levels at 0.0216btc. Any day now.

toast

Activity: 1582
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 10:47:56 AM

The movements of all altcoins are affected by bitcoin movements ethereum is no exception. As long as the bitcoin price is still going up and down it will be difficult for ethereum, because ethereum has tried to increase its price a few times always fail. This makes it clear that the movement of ethereum still depends on bitcoin, many who are waiting for ethereum can head ATH later this year. But I am not sure that the end of the year will be reached, because the current ethereum price is still on the market very low. But we must not be pessimistic in this matter, it doesn't matter if this year's target sell has not been achieved. There are still 2020 where there are many events for cryptocurrency that could possibly drive ethereum prices.
predictions for the development of crypto or altcoin currencies cannot be ascertained and currently bitcoin is the highest price guideline than any other coin. every investor's confidence and patience is the capital needed in investing with ETH for now that is experiencing a decline in value and my price remains patient in the future it will definitely develop even more rapidly

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
ePesoInitiative (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 05:40:52 PM

predictions for the development of crypto or altcoin currencies cannot be ascertained and currently bitcoin is the highest price guideline than any other coin. every investor's confidence and patience is the capital needed in investing with ETH for now that is experiencing a decline in value and my price remains patient in the future it will definitely develop even more rapidly

That is some post you have there.  Huh Predictions are just educated guesses, no one can see the future. But educated guesses are better than just blindly buying or selling. Crypto is still nascent and has a lot of growth left  because not a single coin is suited for the masses yet.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: