Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:34:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did fixed rate system ever saved your money?  (Read 223 times)
Mttewndew (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 04:57:36 PM

Here's to discuss fixed-rate and its benefits. Besides the deterring speculation, preventing depreciation of the currency and so on - did fixed exchange rate ever help you to avoid losing coins? I mean I saw an announcement about 15 mins fixed rate on changellys app, but how useful this time is? Do you pay attention to such benefits?
Interested to hear your own stories.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 05:07:56 PM

In my opinion of hearing this Fixed-rate thing in exchange, I guess the 15 mins time is not that much to do something, and I think not many people are taking that benefit including my self if there would announce a fixed rate per time interval, But if one can manipulate that fixed-rate or if that person can make a fixed rate and can control when he can make a fixed-rate, I guess that can be most convenient in the traders part, But in my opinion, going back to fixed-rate never really exist I think many are used to the volatile market and used in being very keen regarding the movement of the market.
GSpgh

Activity: 532
Merit: 302

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 05:42:17 PM

With a fixed rate you lose money if the rate would have changed to your benefit, plus you pay a higher fee. So it only makes sense if you're absolutely sure about the direction of the price. Which in most cases is just a gamble. In the long run the chances of you losing or gaining with fixed rate are roughly the same as with floating rate so you might as well just save on fees and use the floating rate.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 08:59:27 PM

Well yes, for me fixed rate exchange let's you avoid losing coins. Why? Because what you see is what you get. When you use a fixed rate exchange, you don't have to worry about the fluctuations, if the coin/token's price dump during the exchange, you will still get your expected amount. On the other hand, if the market price pump, then you can't take advantage of that. Still okay than losing.

(The fee is not considered here, it's a different matter)
cryptonx

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

Futurov

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 09:31:08 PM

Here's to discuss fixed-rate and its benefits. Besides the deterring speculation, preventing depreciation of the currency and so on - did fixed exchange rate ever help you to avoid losing coins? I mean I saw an announcement about 15 mins fixed rate on changellys app, but how useful this time is? Do you pay attention to such benefits?

fixed rate system will not make the value of our money down or up
and you should remember risk come together with rewards mate
remember, the main purpose why people investing in cryptocurrency is, because they want make some profit in this industry right ?
so, when the value of our money same, i think people will leave this crypto world,,, Wink

anyway, in my opinion if only 15 mins fixed rate on changelly, thats will not has a significant impact buddy

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 09:54:17 PM

I think fixed rate definitely Saves your money.
It’s like holding your real cash without investing

So either usdc or tether or usd pax; your funds are secure; no increments; no losses
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 10:26:00 PM

Is better you look well into the deal, attention is in the detail. Most of the rate would be the lowest in the market by the time it is being offered, so if I can get something better else where why won't I jumped on it. Maybe good offer if the price is dumping at a fast rate

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 10:28:44 PM

Fixed rate has both it's advantage and disadvantage, but this varies with individuals, depending how you intend handling it. The reason being that bit might not be outrightly fixed, because the general market condition is the major contributors. As a trader, it is expected that you time yourself when making use of it. This means tat, of much time should be spent in using the fixed rate, else what you are trying to avoid, that is, the loss might set in.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 11:23:05 PM

small holders may not see a difference when rates change when the market goes down or up, but for whales it is felt even when it drops 1% of assets, this will certainly be like losing coins plus changing rates, of course this is very influential .
owengtam09

Activity: 1330
Merit: 248

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 12:40:01 AM

Here's to discuss fixed-rate and its benefits. Besides the deterring speculation, preventing depreciation of the currency and so on - did fixed exchange rate ever help you to avoid losing coins? I mean I saw an announcement about 15 mins fixed rate on changelly app, but how useful this time is? Do you pay attention to such benefits?
Did you mean every 15 mins bitcoin price will change? If that so, I think it is good for those who invested a huge amount like for maybe 100btc or 200btc. Small changes on a price, it is already a big and huge change in their investment as well. For me, it is really helpful for those big investors that if the price will go up even for 1% then it's already a big change to their investment. Vice verse when the price will go down as well.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2019, 01:11:30 AM

This actually helps to plan your exchange. And be exact with your calculations. Specially when you are sending specific amount of coin as a payment.
When you are to send a specific amount for a service or product, you would not want to send more than necessary or less than the system would accept.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bgaf

Activity: 644
Merit: 257

Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 01:35:29 AM

You should be cautious and mindful on what deals youre taking on any exchange regarding fixed rate. Obviously there are lots of new gimmick offer many new project will promise you and after a while they will change to unfavoring cause or state of the members. Usually they are giving fixed rate and probably on a smaller variable but later on they will you like hungry sharks by imposing new fees that will be added due to impending maintenance of their platform.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 02:19:47 AM

What is the 15mins fixed rate on changelly about? Been long I follow cryptocurrency news outside of this forum. What exactly are they planning to introduce on the exchange? Wish you included a link to an article that addresses this.
Wanted to ask why not use stablecoins but desides to understand the fact about the fixed rate before saying something in that regard
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 03:38:37 AM

What is the 15mins fixed rate on changelly about? Been long I follow cryptocurrency news outside of this forum. What exactly are they planning to introduce on the exchange? Wish you included a link to an article that addresses this.
Wanted to ask why not use stablecoins but desides to understand the fact about the fixed rate before saying something in that regard
It is just another option, users can still exchange at a floating rate if that's what they prefer. To enlighten you and others about Fix Rate, here is the link to Changelly's blog → Welcome the Fix Rate Exchanges in Changelly Mobile App v.2.0

(PS. Use Changelly at your own risk, there has been a Scam Accusation about them here in the past)
dudusix9

Activity: 125

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 06:50:43 AM

Yes, this fixed rate system is ideal for everyone who doesn't want to lose money and get affected by the market's volatility. I encountered this issue whenever I try to transfer to my local exchange since it takes so long to transfer from my own wallet to theirs. However, it's great to hear that Changelly has that option since I've been using it to exchange fellow coins. A bit similar to what alternative IEO's are doing as it has the same goal for traders to buy low and sell high, no one wants to lose money anyway so systems like these where it protects our money is really helpful.

You may feel bad if the prices go up and you used fixed-rate but that's the thing about crypto, you will never know what will happen and just be glad that you're not on the losing end.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 01:39:49 PM

This feature is really only useful if you need a specific amount of coins in the first place.

For example, if you have to pay an invoice in BTC and all you've got on you is LTC which you want to exchange, and you don't want the exchange rate to be floating because you may overpay/underpay as a result.

Essentially, it's a temporary hedged position. That's all that it is.

For those who are saying that it's only useful for large transactions, I'd beg to differ. a) large traders wouldn't use Changelly or any other instant exchangers  anyhow and b) this fixed rate system benefits small scale users the same way.
Mttewndew (OP)

Activity: 433

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 12:20:35 PM

This feature is really only useful if you need a specific amount of coins in the first place.

For example, if you have to pay an invoice in BTC and all you've got on you is LTC which you want to exchange, and you don't want the exchange rate to be floating because you may overpay/underpay as a result.

Essentially, it's a temporary hedged position. That's all that it is.

For those who are saying that it's only useful for large transactions, I'd beg to differ. a) large traders wouldn't use Changelly or any other instant exchangers  anyhow and b) this fixed rate system benefits small scale users the same way.

Could you please explain why instant exchanges won't fit?
Other points - I see, ok.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: