Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:18:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Different type of altcoins have their season which attract scammers be watchful  (Read 716 times)
CryptopreneurBrainboss (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 4130

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 04:18:03 AM
Merited by tk808 (3), Herbert2020 (1)

The altcoin market is a very interesting market when it's operating at its best. When it comes to investing in them just to increase your chances of accumulating more bitcoin or short term investment, you have to understand there's a season for every type of coin. During the 2017 altcoins bull market I observe some interesting trends concerning how the market (altcoins) react which might be of use or serve as a guideline for future market and help prevent you from falling victims to fraudsters and scam projects.

We can't denied the fact the market is still been influence by emotions which you could profit from, that's if you understand how it works. Each type of altcoins had it's season, there was a time only lending tokens were mostly benefiting from the market via price appreciation. Sane with staking/masternode projects as they also had their share of the market. If you were paying close attention to the market you would had observe more and more type of projects based on trending Ideas starter popping up during their season meaning, scammers starts disguising themselves as startups to launch new worthless project just to scam innocent Investors of their funds.

Same observation happened when projects paying dividends started trending, same with projects crowdfunding through Selfdrop instead of ICO, privacy coins also had similar fate etc. Although the current situation of the market isn't encouraging, you still have to be very watchful as this trend could repeat itself at any given time. Understand that scammers are always active looking for new way to scam investors of their funds. When there's a new trend, always be watchful as the chances of getting scammed through that method becomes high. Invest wisely.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1218

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 06:14:27 AM
Merited by CryptopreneurBrainboss (1)

Honestly speaking, if you are into some speculative trading then go for the bitcoin market and leave the altcoin market as it is. At the best I would go for 100% Bitcoin. Yup maximalist at heart. Cheesy

But to be a bit more lenient and so called "alt liquidity" you could try some LTC and ETH. Its more a personal choice as to what they prefer to trade giving emphasis on the volume being traded and feasibility. Those who are trading professionally dont actually care about the technology but the money involved and their profits.

They would be willing to invest into several assets leveraging the risk. But those who are going to read this thread are not one of them. That I am sure of. Cool

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
DDante

Activity: 434
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 06:21:59 AM

Thanks for the warning and i hope people on here will learn and listen, at this point in time its better to go for oldy coins they are lit safer and reliable than new projects, nowadays out 100 projects coming into crypto space only 2 projects are legit with good intent in the mind, not everyone are good in doing research so old altcoins is best for now
Greatchu

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 06:30:41 AM

Veil project and sero project are the best privacy coins i know of this year but still sero teams are so dubious that they only pay bounty hunters one quarter of bounty allocation and some got nothing including myself, i don't know what is wrong with new projects this days, they all seem to be dubious in disguise

VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 07:00:32 AM

Honestly speaking, if you are into some speculative trading then go for the bitcoin market and leave the altcoin market as it is. At the best I would go for 100% Bitcoin. Yup maximalist at heart. Cheesy

But to be a bit more lenient and so called "alt liquidity" you could try some LTC and ETH. Its more a personal choice as to what they prefer to trade giving emphasis on the volume being traded and feasibility. Those who are trading professionally dont actually care about the technology but the money involved and their profits.

They would be willing to invest into several assets leveraging the risk. But those who are going to read this thread are not one of them. That I am sure of. Cool
Altcoin season will return for sure its only a matter of time and yes bitcoin is the best option for short term traders or longterm holders but altcoin is the most preferred on my table, they have better ROI than bitcoin, i am talking from experience and if you think history won't repeat itself then you haven't been following crypto news
Godstrength

Activity: 191
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 07:25:11 AM

The crypto space being ran by emotions does happen sometime and we're still on a stage where some people who is well-known can make an impact with the pricing. The community indeed has already changed because of all these mistakes that happened from the previous years and this is why systems are being improved over time, ICO to STO to IEO to protect us investors, usual airdrops to a new style of airdrop which guarantees you a reward and have higher gains, and a lot more. I wonder what the next trend will be? It's definitely an exciting time to be a part of crypto and it's such a pleasure to see all these unfold before our eyes.

Understand that scammers are always active looking for new way to scam investors of their funds. When there's a new trend, always be watchful as the chances of getting scammed through that method becomes high. Invest wisely.

Telegram alone is a nest for all these scammers, they always find so many ways to trick people. I can't even count how many strategies have I seen from them already.
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 08:24:51 AM

You can't denied the fact when altcoins are at their best, bitcoin's ROI during that same period can't be compared to that of altcoins. I preach investing in bitcoin (i.e hodling) but trading altcoins to get more bitcoin. My jounery in the space is all about accumulating more bitcoin for the future as the limitation of supply would be a major advantage in the future. It's better you ignore the small profit for future bigger gains although that's specifically recommended for just bitcoin so you can call me a bitcoin lover but I'm definitely not a maximalist.

On the other hand, the altcoin market is filled with opportunity to experience what it felt like investing in bitcoin during it's early days. You can't be in the industry and not experiment with altcoins, if you don't than you're missing something bitcoin currently can't give you.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 09:17:47 AM

Altcoin season will return for sure its only a matter of time and yes bitcoin is the best option for short term traders or longterm holders but altcoin is the most preferred on my table, they have better ROI than bitcoin, i am talking from experience and if you think history won't repeat itself then you haven't been following crypto news

You need to lookout for the following things which will be different in the next altcoin run.

1- Not all the altcoins will pump. Only the ones whom teams are working will get good returns.

2- Previously people used to buy low satoshi coins as they think the ROI is high on them. 1 sat to 2 sat is 100% profit. but this time very few low satoshi coins will pump.

3-Also Keep an eye on circulating supply when making a selection of altcoins.

4-Do not love the altcoins, get the profit and get out.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1218

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 09:21:05 AM

You can't denied the fact when altcoins are at their best, bitcoin's ROI during that same period can't be compared to that of altcoins.
Like I said in my previous post. People popularize this concept and think it to be the "safeguard" of altcoins over bitcoin because they are only interested in gains, thus pumping the market and developing a fake demand/supply ratio than what is available in the market.

On the other hand, the altcoin market is filled with opportunity to experience what it felt like investing in bitcoin during it's early days.
Exactly the wrong notion that some new entrants in the market feel. I also felt the same a few years back when NXTcoin first appeared. Now look where is stand - https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/nxt/

Definitely a short opportunity for people to buy sell quickly by fake pumping the media and then selling off their holdings to the next "enthusiast". Masternodes became popular after ICOs went down. Next came the STOs <<fake bullshit and then IEO which is again the same. Probably tomorrow they will come up with a new name and still the next generation of investors will fall for their coin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 09:42:18 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2019, 10:08:31 AM by Bttzed03

Deflationary tokens made a short run here too. A few months ago, you can see them come out of nowhere but I wonder what happened to them now  Huh

Hybrid protocol (POW/POS) became a thing also.

What could be next? I'm not sure if privacy coins would be resurrected again because of these tightening regulations.

4-Do not love the altcoins, get the profit and get out.
This is probably why they are called shitcoins.  Grin
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 09:43:54 AM

Right thinking @OP. It is always good as an investor, to  first study the market, study the trend, most especially the new one and compared with the previous before making your decision.
The new trends we see now are innovative, although with an inkling of the old which means that scammers are seriously at work.
Sometimes, the same set of scammers that were previously at work, come back with new ideas to perpetrate their w*cked scheme.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 09:59:28 AM

I am sure that scammers are also taking notice of this trend so they can launch a project according to the season you just discuss here. Yes, there can indeed be season as to the type of project that will boom in the marketplace and because people have this tendency to follow what can be trending with proper marketing (and yeah even manipulations) a project can be able to soar and get as much money in its crowdfunding phase. I can still remember the lending token craze back in 2017 as I was one of those who lost Bitcoin at that time as I paid my necessary dues to the Experience University...now I am surely wiser now and will never open up my wallet for any project without first thinking 10 times or even 20 times. Back then almost any ICO was viewed as a potentially profitable enterprise and people assumed that there will never be an end to the boom happening all over the cryptocurrency market. And then reality struck...

Right now, the landscape has been changed a lot and those who got burned either left the market totally or they continue but with a different mindset borne out of unforgettable and sometimes regrettable experiences. Investors are demanding more information and they wanted to be supplied with real facts only hence the coming in of IEO projects in reputable exchanges. In 2019, it can be a little difficult to discern the trends to know the type of projects that can possibly be a big hit as there are many factors to look into but we are hoping that above all investors are getting more mature, more demanding and more discriminating. Again, hopefully.
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 10:25:42 AM

Thanks for the warning and i hope people on here will learn and listen, at this point in time its better to go for oldy coins they are lit safer and reliable than new projects, nowadays out 100 projects coming into crypto space only 2 projects are legit with good intent in the mind, not everyone are good in doing research so old altcoins is best for now
Indeed, we need to be cautious and attentive for every project because we can easily see if its intention isn't good unless we have already look for some information, reviews and feedback from other people. We need to attentive all the time since scammers are always there looking for some ways to deceive us, having some techniques and enough understanding might help you because its literally speculative.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 06:12:13 AM

Right thinking @OP. It is always good as an investor, to  first study the market, study the trend, most especially the new one and compared with the previous before making your decision.
The new trends we see now are innovative, although with an inkling of the old which means that scammers are seriously at work.
Sometimes, the same set of scammers that were previously at work, come back with new ideas to perpetrate their w*cked scheme.

Great observation as exchange token also had their season which brought about every newly launched exchange, be it decentralized or centralized had their native token. it even resulted to already existing exchanges to developed their native tokens e.g bitfinex. Also due to the professional style of their operation by this scammers I have no doubt they're same individuals moving from one trend to other since scammers are always searching for new tricks to leverage on.

As for the new trend, I'm thinking something related to AI based tokens or something with in-depth assurance of profitability but simply based in lies, something security wise. The disturbing truth here's, there'll still be greedy or innocent Investors that'll still fall victims.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 07:00:03 AM

Thanks for the warning, Op. I agree that scammers are always active and just roaming around so we must be observant because they're making their own tactics and strategies each day. It's also a good thing that most users are now aware of it. The best thing to do to get rid of them is not to trust too much and we should handle all our funds well. Scammers are wise but we must be wiser.
rachmat5893

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 07:46:58 AM

Without a doubt, crypto was created for the free market, but don't you think that if almost every second project that airs deceives people, it is time to think about how we can create a safer place for investors and new people interested in crypto? this is a strong statement but many people don't care. they would rather blame anyone and continue to lose money than learn from their mistakes.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
tlsgroup.io ║Cryptocurrency Investment Fund║ (https://tlsgroup.io/en/home)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 08:01:33 AM

Nice idea, I always focus on the bitcoin market. Almost all of my portfolios are in bitcoin and I have some fiat to spare if the bitcoin price will continue to dump. I always focus on bitcoin dominance as if it will continue to reduce then I will switch some of my fiats into top altcoins like ETH, LTC, BNB and EOS.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 08:18:48 AM

i have seen this types of "trends" in the market too. every now and then some arbitrary subject becomes hyped up and a ton of altcoins that are in some ways involved in that subject get pumped up a lot. for example a while ago anon coins suddenly became super hyped and we suddenly saw the anon coins get pumped and at the same time we saw a lot of new anon coins were created! same with smart contract platforms, tokens, ...
the only characteristics that all these "trends" share is that they all get hyped up fast and consequently get pumped up a lot and then that same hype vanishes just as fast and they end up dumping. for example in the example above, nowadays nobody cares about anon coins, smart contract platforms, tokens,... anymore because their hype has ended.
we are now waiting for the next hype to come along.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Kvalentine

Activity: 504
Merit: 25

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 09:14:13 AM

The altcoin market is a very interesting market when it's operating at its best. When it comes to investing in them just to increase your chances of accumulating more bitcoin or short term investment, you have to understand there's a season for every type of coin. During the 2017 altcoins bull market I observe some interesting trends concerning how the market (altcoins) react which might be of use or serve as a guideline for future market and help prevent you from falling victims to fraudsters and scam projects.

We can't denied the fact the market is still been influence by emotions which you could profit from, that's if you understand how it works. Each type of altcoins had it's season, there was a time only lending tokens were mostly benefiting from the market via price appreciation. Sane with staking/masternode projects as they also had their share of the market. If you were paying close attention to the market you would had observe more and more type of projects based on trending Ideas starter popping up during their season meaning, scammers starts disguising themselves as startups to launch new worthless project just to scam innocent Investors of their funds.

Same observation happened when projects paying dividends started trending, same with projects crowdfunding through Selfdrop instead of ICO, privacy coins also had similar fate etc. Although the current situation of the market isn't encouraging, you still have to be very watchful as this trend could repeat itself at any given time. Understand that scammers are always active looking for new way to scam investors of their funds. When there's a new trend, always be watchful as the chances of getting scammed through that method becomes high. Invest wisely.
Good point you got there, if a new project is built today with a fresh idea and it become successful scammers will try hard to build something almost identical to the successful  project because investors will want to invest in such project thinking its will be successful again

slaman29
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1206

Livecasino, 20% cashback, no fuss payouts.

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 11:13:19 AM
Merited by tk808 (1)

Though at the same time I guess we need all these speculators to push Bitcoin price down and to have something other than Ethereum to keep proving that despite all the knocks on Bitcoin, alts still cannot challenge it for top spot. That's always for me good for the price in the long term, and even better for the community. We needed all those splits to get rid off the people who want other things for crypto. Thinking about BSV for example;)

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██