Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:02:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell your altcoins and tokens TODAY, save yourself the frustration  (Read 5410 times)
TaliskerDarkStorm

Activity: 1106
Merit: 273

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 07:04:22 PM

Okay, no one can see the future, this is the fact. If you believe in your altcoin you can maintain holding. And there is a lot of shitcoin in the market this truth accepted by everyone. But you can't say all altcoins are gonna see dip. I have faith in some altcoin and holding them to prepare the next bullrun like eos, bnb, nrg etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GSpgh (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 302

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 01:20:51 AM

That's a pretty bold statement,telling people to just give up right away during a bear market, like this is the end  Roll Eyes

I'm not saying this is the end of everything. Bitcoin is doing fine. It's 1000%+ up from just 3 years ago. Some altcoins are up significantly too, altho not as much relative to Bitcoin. However it's the end of careless shitcoining when people were pouring their "free profits" from let's say Ethereum obtained at $0.70 into every ERC20 token. The end of easy money. Time to think about taking the profit.

If it wasn't for altcoins their wouldn't be much competition, which is ultimately needed to drive the fundamental spirit of innovation within the community. Competitiveness has helped the sector to grow by keeping startups companies, dreamers, and innovators fresh on there toes. Not every project is a clone/shit coin, but I will admit, there is a fairly large amount of them. A lot of ideas float around here and there and get picked up and rehashed into newer ideas.

There are maybe 10-20 really innovative coins. Most of the other stuff is just copy paste or poorly implemented nonsense that shouldn't even be on the blockchain. And none of that has anything to with what I'm suggesting. I'm saying - kick your gambling habit. Stop fooling yourself that you can somehow play the market. Let innovation rise to the top on its merits and not on the market cap numbers.

I personally believe that this was the whole point of the creator Satoshi's reason for making it an open source code. To encourage and inspire through a little healthy competition in order to push the spirit of innovation and keep the energy flowing. Look at how big the community has become over the years!

I'm certain satoshi would be very much disappointed by the mockery altcoins and tokens made of his idea of "new electronic cash system that’s fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party". Massive premines, hundreds of millions of dollars going to developers, scams all around... maybe that's why he left, disgusted by all this.

we need strong altcoin holders

No we don't. Real market shouldn't depend on someone holding the bags. People shouldn't feel obligated to their bags. Coins should have use cases appealing to people.

Okay, no one can see the future, this is the fact. If you believe in your altcoin you can maintain holding. And there is a lot of shitcoin in the market this truth accepted by everyone. But you can't say all altcoins are gonna see dip. I have faith in some altcoin and holding them to prepare the next bullrun like eos, bnb, nrg etc.

Oh I can see the future and it's very bleak for 99%+ of altcoins and tokens. Are you feeling lucky in choosing the "right" ones to hold? Even stalwarts like ETH can disappear in a year or two if let's say Vitalik bungles up his POS thing.

jazmuzika217

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 02:18:33 AM

You have a point but always remember that all of us have different strategies in holding and investing in different altcoin. Like what I did. I already sell my eth to buy bitcoin while the price of bitcoin is still low. I think it is more practical because even if bitcoin's price right now is too low it is a fast moving coin and can recover it's price very soon.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 02:29:43 AM

You have a point but always remember that all of us have different strategies in holding and investing in different altcoin. Like what I did. I already sell my eth to buy bitcoin while the price of bitcoin is still low. I think it is more practical because even if bitcoin's price right now is too low it is a fast moving coin and can recover it's price very soon.
Which is common from different investors, you have to follow your own understanding and continue supporting whatever you think is best for your money. It's your decision as it's your money that you are using for your investment.  Take your time researching before dealing with any crypto.
Aabcde

Activity: 1050
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 02:51:32 AM

The market situation is indeed unpredictable. But, if you believe in the altcoin that you saved, then just save it, it's yours. Sometimes a lot of people suggest this kind of thing but the choice is still the owner's control. If the altcoin that you hold is below the top 10, I think it can be worrying.
Personally, I only save BTC for now. And a little ETH.

▄▄█████   ▄▄█████   ▄▄█████  ▄▀▄
    ███████▌  ███████▌  ███████▌  ▀▄▀
   ████████  ████████  ████████   ▐▌
  ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▄▄ █
  ████████  ████████  ████████ ██▐▌
 ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▐█▀
 ████████  ████████  ████████
▐███████  ▐███████  ▐███████
█████▀▀   █████▀▀   █████▀▀
Metaspins 

▄▄█████▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄
 ▄▄███████  ████  █████
▐██▀▀██████████████████▌
 ██▄▄██  ██▀▀███████████
 ▐█████████▄▄████████  █▌
  ██  ███████████████████
  ▐███████████▀▀▀███████▀
   ▀█████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀
2,500+
GAMES

█████████████████████████████
█████████ █████████ █████████
█████████ █████████ ████▀▄███
███▀▀▀███ ███▀▀▀███ ████▄████
████▀▄███ ████▀▄███ █████████
████▄████ ████▄████ ███▀▀▀███
█████████ █████████ ████▀▄███
█████████ █████████ █████████
█████████████████████████████
EARN UP TO 57% RAKEBACK
WAGER FREE!
         ▄███▄▄▄
    ▄███████████████▄
    ██████████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████
    ███████████████████
    ███████████████████
   █
█████████████████
  ██
█████████████
 ███
█████████████████
████
█████████████
▀▀██
████████████████
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀███▀
1 Click Registration
Instant Payouts
[
]
target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 02:59:50 AM

If you are an altcoin holder, you should really be joining the fud so all those coins you hold will hit the bottom and start rising up. Spread the word that BTC is the only one to be hold and dump all the altcoins. It doesn't matter if they are on the top of the rank, its all bullshit and speculative coins.

Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 03:38:53 AM

I have lots of shitcoins that never get listed on exchanges but also have some that are on exchanges but with very low price, so i have no choice but to hold until the bullrun comes because i believe even shitcoins in bullrun gets pump.

Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 04:02:24 AM

We can't pin point which is going to only stay here for long time which gives the hop for every altcoins holder that their altcoins will also be in long run so they are responsible for their decision and we can't do anything about it.I also second your opinion of sell your altcoin but for bitcoin.

After this I got one question,will crypto market able to stay alive without altcoins?

If bitcoin alone will remain, the purpose of trading will not be beneficial at all. There are altcoins for traders to choose from, in order to buy and invest their money. If we were removing all of the altcoins in the market, we don't have other options. So for me, altcoins are still needed and also they have other practical purposes which bitcoin doesn't possesses. basically, we can't compare cryptos directly to other crypto.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 04:36:00 AM

I have lots of shitcoins that never get listed on exchanges but also have some that are on exchanges but with very low price, so i have no choice but to hold until the bullrun comes because i believe even shitcoins in bullrun gets pump.
Those who have already bought shitcoins do not have a choice but to hold. Let’s admit it at first we taught that a certain coin will go to the moon but ended up no value and even not listed in a good exchange. This is very important to know the consuqeunces before investing to know if the project is really worth it of our money. I must say invest on btc and of course there is still some altcoins worth buying and has a future.
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 06:14:38 AM

What frustration are you talking about? those who buy at all time high will have no choice but to hold, i belief if they sell now means they accept their losses but if they hold there is probably going to be recovery soon, just because today's altcoin market is bad doesn't mean it will be like this forever

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
akungagal

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 08:15:39 AM

well, that's a good idea. but i can't do as you say. and it seems it's too late to sell it (ethereum) now, right now i'm a little frustrated because i waited too long.

but if i sell it now i'm going crazy, it's better to keep waiting.
i believe Altcoin will pump someday.

bgaf

Activity: 644
Merit: 257

Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 08:38:19 AM

Sometime before ETH turned $3, I happen to buy some about 7k of it, if I just wait for the breakout at $7, I could have more money to spend on every ICO in 2017. I'd be waiting for more years from now on before selling the tokens I own. I'm pretty sure I can wait this time, I shall feel the frustration today but will later not.

If only you hold a little more you can imagine how much money you have right now. 7k eth bought at 3$ even the market now is down you can still earn profit. Anyway done is done. I do hope you invested in some of youre profit on some asset like real state, bonds, or any property aside from crypto investment.
Bitfling

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 08:59:27 AM

Sometime before ETH turned $3, I happen to buy some about 7k of it, if I just wait for the breakout at $7, I could have more money to spend on every ICO in 2017. I'd be waiting for more years from now on before selling the tokens I own. I'm pretty sure I can wait this time, I shall feel the frustration today but will later not.

Better to be patient than sorry. If you already hold a good token or coin, even though the price is falling right now, I think the price will recover. Almost all altcoins are currently in poor condition and I think when the market starts to recover, altcoin prices will rise again and we will be thankful that we are not selling at cheap prices
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 09:35:05 AM

I somehow disagree with this statement. I have consulted with several well-versed investors in the cryptocurrency markets and they think that altcoins could have a major boom somewhen until 2021 with a peak in value at the end of 2021. Bitcoin will be the first who will get traction as always and will drag the LEGITIMATE altcoins with it. Even if Bitcoin is a safer choice, altcoins are at very 'cheap' from some point of views at the moment. Most importantly if YOU think they are a bargain now, you should definitely build up a little bag. Don't over leverage yourself of course, but it's good to have a little bit of skin in the game. Smiley

DISCLAIMER: This is not financial advice, I am not a financial consultant so you shouldn't follow my advice. This is solely my opinion on the markets.
Lantind

Activity: 2268
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 09:35:11 AM

well, that's a good idea. but i can't do as you say. and it seems it's too late to sell it (ethereum) now, right now i'm a little frustrated because i waited too long.

but if i sell it now i'm going crazy, it's better to keep waiting.
i believe Altcoin will pump someday.
Now is not a trend to hold altcoin, but if what you store is ethereum, then it doesn't matter if you want to hold it, because ethereum is a good altcoin and always has the potential to increase in price, than you will go crazy if you sell it now, because now ethereum there has been a slight increase in prices on the market.
Bagani

Activity: 375
Merit: 18

send & receive money instantly,w/out hidden costs

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 09:39:51 AM

Not a good thread but still I understand your frustration. There are altcoins that didnt succeed in this bear market and lost all of their funds for development. But still, as long as there are altcoins that succeeds in this bear market then we can still invest and hold some of them.

Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 09:40:29 AM

The first bullrun was drive by hype but i doubt the second one will be drive by hype so shitcoins might be left out this time around, its better not to hold any shitcoins and diversify your portfolio, focus on bitcoin as the first priorty and others next
Woodie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 871

Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 09:45:01 AM

Cryptocurrencies are like any other assets traded at the Wall Street Market, people there  make money from these trades others lose it all...same thing applies here so if you in it to make money then buckle up and enjoy the ride , otherwise leave the crypto market while you still can if you not ready to risk a little.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
tanjiran

Activity: 770
Merit: 113

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 09:51:44 AM

Cryptocurrencies are like any other assets traded at the Wall Street Market, people there  make money from these trades others lose it all...same thing applies here so if you in it to make money then buckle up and enjoy the ride , otherwise leave the crypto market while you still can if you not ready to risk a little.
In other words, we have to accept all the risks, if you are afraid of loss, then leave, if it is still strong, accept the risk, hold on.
The decision to hold or sell assets depends on each person. If it still exceeds BEP then it's okay to hold it back I think if it's worrying then sell. It's that simple but requires a deep and mental analysis that is strong. We do not force the will, everyone has their individual considerations.

gaston castano

Activity: 1526
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 01:28:05 PM

yes indeed we cannot call them all valuable, most of them are just rubbish and are used to make profit in trade.
but if it's for daily profit, I think altcoin can provide the best choice.
and also we can't call them all rubbish because there really is altcoin to be useful, and really utilizing blockchain technology, even though it's only 2 out of 100.Because technology will continue to innovate, and will continue to develop, so there must be some altcoin that follows the btc.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: