Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:32:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin can't survive alone  (Read 4116 times)
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 08:52:58 PM

Over 850 millions of people use alipay as means of payment mostly in china and i heard lots about wepay as well, i come to think of it that what if bitcoin was been used in their places instead? if alipay and wepay can get to where they are today then altcoins have all the chances of survival as well. Wepay and Alipay are just online payment solution, crypto can do better.

Real use cases plus real life working products, let these two be your main focus when picking altcoins to invest your money on, do not listen to those saying 'dump altcoins for bitcoin' when you are holding solid altcoins
Altcoins have a place in this market but only if they are any good otherwise they have no chance of being around during the next years, but even more importantly even if what you are saying is true the market is not big enough to support many big coins at the moment, the user base is too small and it is why you see most of the wealth of the market in bitcoin, but once more people begin to adopt cryptocurrencies then you will see many alts cornering specific sections of the market and being preferred over bitcoin.
Lmaooo

Activity: 694
Merit: 108

santacoin.io

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 09:16:14 PM

The cryptocurrency market is divided into two parts which are bitcoin and altcoins. One part cannot survive without the other as people use bitcoin to buy altcoins and also sell altcoins to buy bitcoin. I'm not saying bitcoin won't work if all the altcoins die today, of course not, bitcoin will work but the price will drop badly because bitcoin is the major currency in the market for buying and selling altcoins.   

pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 09:30:01 PM

Concurred, I accept that Bitcoin is the first  cryptocurrency ever. I think projects like Ethereum and litecoin like Delegated Proof of Stake are whats required, driving us into the correct course. To think we began with simply Proof of Work. Numerous individuals don't have confidence inside the altcoin markets on the grounds that a ton of the coins are elective clones with almost no new development included. Many are without a doubt shitcoins, however there are some genuine sleeper projects out there that are down evolving. It's the rise of rivalry that drives advancement, each coin/token assumes its job as a little machine gear-piece separated of a bigger component.

TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 02:35:00 PM

Cryptocurrencies can certainly do more than the above payment systems. However, the female cryptocurrency market is too unstable.
Without regulation, speculation will continue to happen, which means that it will be difficult for people to completely trust in any cryptocurrency payment instrument.
I believe this situation can only be regulated by the arrival of regulators in the market.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 12:06:19 PM

Smart investment strategy is to diversify your assets and use both bitcoin and altcoins. But you should be careful with altcoin investing. Bigger possible growth but higher risks when compared to BTC.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
gaston castano

Activity: 1526
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 02:25:07 PM

yes I think so, people always say bitcoin is the best, yes I think so too but don't consider all ALTs to be rubbish, I know most of them are like that, but there are a few that are really useful as a blockchain technology development. again the top ranking ALT coins are developing their technology for the better.
Metall303

Activity: 891
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 02:27:36 PM

yes I think so, people always say bitcoin is the best, yes I think so too but don't consider all ALTs to be rubbish, I know most of them are like that, but there are a few that are really useful as a blockchain technology development. again the top ranking ALT coins are developing their technology for the better.
which coins are good now? Now even very large projects do not show any positive signs. it’s very difficult to assess the future for altcoins

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
DaveWave

Activity: 806
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 02:35:04 PM

Bitcoin was not build to be dependent with other currencies, so yes it will survive alone. Altcoins are born because they want to develop something better than bitcoin. Developers came up with different ideas that can fill the gaps that bitcoin is lacking. Even bitcoin itself went into hard forks because of stakeholders differences on how it would continue as a decentralized currency. Just like numerous fiats existing then bitcoin and altcoins can co exist too.

OP is like a hard core altcoin believer and there is nothing wrong with it. It is normal that many people leaving altcoins because of the long bearish period. It is not about not believing the many altcoin projects were many are also very interesting to watch out but it concerns about their investments value.  

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 02:37:29 PM

The cryptocurrency market is divided into two parts which are bitcoin and altcoins. One part cannot survive without the other as people use bitcoin to buy altcoins and also sell altcoins to buy bitcoin. I'm not saying bitcoin won't work if all the altcoins die today, of course not, bitcoin will work but the price will drop badly because bitcoin is the major currency in the market for buying and selling altcoins.   

Nope. That's not true at all. Bitcoin is mostly used as an investment asset. And that is it's main use. BTC is used to trade altcoins, but such trades constitute only a minority of the total volume. And also, nowadays Tether is used more than Bitcoin for the vast majority of the altcoin trading. Altcoins need Bitcoin, because almost all of them are inspired by BTC and their exchange rate depends a lot on that of BTC. But at the same time, Bitcoin has no such dependability on the alts. It can survive without any of the altcoins. 
Colt81

Activity: 630
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 02:48:01 PM

In my own personal opinion, bitcoin can survive alone without any altcoin because most people buys bitcoin rather than altcoins, that is why no altcoin have surpassed bitcoin when it comes to it's price or value. So altcoins are the ones who can't survive without bitcoin because most of them are inspired by bitcoin.
febriyana

Activity: 432

Febriyana Muhammad

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 03:59:29 PM

Yes. Bitcoin is need support. The answer is altcoin.
If altcoin can solve many problem worldwide, that is chance to help Bitcoin get heart from people.
They will try how easy Bitcoin and altcoin. Bitcoin as parent of altcoin have some benefit if people want use it.
But i hear in China is very restricted about cryptocurrency, so maybe they will slow but sure to take Bitcoin.
10c

Activity: 658

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 04:59:17 PM

Yes. Bitcoin is need support. The answer is altcoin.
If altcoin can solve many problem worldwide, that is chance to help Bitcoin get heart from people.
They will try how easy Bitcoin and altcoin. Bitcoin as parent of altcoin have some benefit if people want use it.
But i hear in China is very restricted about cryptocurrency, so maybe they will slow but sure to take Bitcoin.
altcoin is not support for bitcoin. altcoins are temporary tools that help the market exist while bitcoin is looking for technical solutions to its problems

ImSuparmin

Activity: 490

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 11:23:00 PM

Yes true, without strong altcoins then bitcoin will not interesting for investor, as we know now that the bitcoin marketcap reaches more than 65%, and the rest for more than 3000 altcoins, if many altcoins die and cannot compete then bitcoin also die.

I agree with you all altcoin and Bitcoin are interdependent with each other, this is the world of crypto and here all are mutually beneficial between investors, the sale and purchase of altcoin, and bounty makers are all dependent, and here we are all united to benefit one another.

Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 02:38:09 AM

The problem is that there aren't many real life 'use cases' for altcoins.  I tried to look up places that took dash as payment, and the list was not only small but the merchants on it didn't sell anything I'd ever need.  This is unfortunate, because dash would function very well as a currency (as would many other altcoins). 

I'm not sure what you mean by 'working products' when choosing altcoins to invest in.  Every altcoin I know of functions just fine.  The only problem is that they most likely will never get used for any purpose aside from trading.  That might work for a while, but sooner or later people are going to realize that many altcoins are essentially useless, if not worthless.
TheICE007

Activity: 646

tozex.io

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 05:57:27 AM

Well I understand your point, we know that that in the cryptocurrency ecosystem today Bitcoin is seen as a trusted crypto but then we should also diversify,the blockchain space isn't just about Bitcoin, if our major investment is in Bitcoin, we should at least have little investment in Altcoin that have potential not just some shit Altcoin

► TOZEX ◄ ♦ Cryptoasset Financing Platform ♦ ► TOZEX ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
kynaz

Activity: 1078

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 06:50:57 AM

In my own personal opinion, bitcoin can survive alone without any altcoin because most people buys bitcoin rather than altcoins, that is why no altcoin have surpassed bitcoin when it comes to it's price or value. So altcoins are the ones who can't survive without bitcoin because most of them are inspired by bitcoin.
Bitcoin is the only coin that makes people believe in this market because the demand to buy Bitcoin is always very high and people tend to keep Bitcoin for personal property. I think this market can still work well if only Bitcoin but altcoin also plays a very important role in this market so both must go together. Personally, I prefer to invest in altcoin because this is an investment that brings good returns if it is a good coin
You're right . Bitcoin has been chosen by many investors as a long-term investment as this is the only coin that hasn't changed much in price over the past time and according to the latest survey, up to 80% of investors will keep Bitcoin as personal property. There are many different opinions about this market but in general this is the only place to help you make a lot of profit without having to pay any investment tax.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Rampagoe004

Activity: 1470
Merit: 291

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2019, 07:10:24 AM

Actually without altcoin bitcoin can develop by itself because we can see bitcoin enthusiasts bigger than altcoin, many people who don't want to take greater risks in investing then they are more likely to choose bitcoin, but with the presence of altcoin the development of bitcoin is getting faster, so there are positive effects too.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
skarais
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 2150

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2019, 07:14:14 AM

You're right . Bitcoin has been chosen by many investors as a long-term investment as this is the only coin that hasn't changed much in price over the past time and according to the latest survey, up to 80% of investors will keep Bitcoin as personal property. There are many different opinions about this market but in general this is the only place to help you make a lot of profit without having to pay any investment tax.
Bitcoin is still a good investment asset now and profitable. But the volatility is very high so this investment must be carefully considered by investors. Maybe for experienced investors already know where the weaknesses in this investment, but those who are new should start looking for weaknesses in bitcoin investments.
Bitcoin and altcoin are profitable investment assets, the decision depends on each of them to choose the right and profitable investment assets.
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 01:12:49 PM

Actually without altcoin bitcoin can develop by itself because we can see bitcoin enthusiasts bigger than altcoin, many people who don't want to take greater risks in investing then they are more likely to choose bitcoin, but with the presence of altcoin the development of bitcoin is getting faster, so there are positive effects too.
I think both of them must go together in order to develop well. In my opinion Bitcoin is the best coin to hold during this time period because people tend to keep this coin for personal property. Everything needs to be considered carefully in investing because not every coin can bring good profits during this time. Bitcoin cannot grow on its own without altcoin and vice versa.

Of course this is just my opinion and everyone will have different thoughts when it comes to this issue.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 02:01:41 PM

Over 850 millions of people use alipay as means of payment mostly in china and i heard lots about wepay as well, i come to think of it that what if bitcoin was been used in their places instead? if alipay and wepay can get to where they are today then altcoins have all the chances of survival as well. Wepay and Alipay are just online payment solution, crypto can do better.

Real use cases plus real life working products, let these two be your main focus when picking altcoins to invest your money on, do not listen to those saying 'dump altcoins for bitcoin' when you are holding solid altcoins
This is not a problem if alipay survives then altcoin can also survive, indeed in another sense altcoin can be survives or any other currency that has the same concept can be survive, I think here on which side the adoption will run. Survive or not is determined by the adoption of the community, bitcoin can survive alone but because of rapid growth and a high enough value cause weaknesses in the transaction. Then the generation of stable coins, they can s           end more transactions with a cheaper fee.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████