Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:36:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital Goods Sub Question - Mentioning Your Own Site  (Read 151 times)
topshelfcrypto (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 27

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 11:37:08 PM
Merited by TECSHARE (1), hugeblack (1)

Hello,

Newbie looking for some clarification on posting in Digital Goods subforum. I viewed most forum rules and have only seen it mentioned that this subforum is for conducting business/trades between members within the forum, and not for advertising goods for sale on other websites.

With that understanding, is it acceptable for a new member who has no forum history or trust (merit) to post a mention and/or link to their primary business website within a sales thread, for purpose of helping establish for others they are not a random scammer?  

In my case, I'm a domain investor with some good crypto domains I'd like to offer for sale here. I want to be upfront and post my company info, but want to make sure I'm not breaking any rule in doing so. I already saw countless others linking to their sites in that subforum, but still thought it was worth asking since I am new.

check my premium crypto domains for sale here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5211098

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Frengki_cisco

Activity: 790
Merit: 44

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 06:30:27 AM

With that understanding, is it acceptable for a new member who has no forum history or trust (merit) to post a mention and/or link to their primary business website within a sales thread,

In my case, I'm a domain investor with some good crypto domains I'd like to offer for sale here.
Before you sell goods/buy and make transactions.
You have to go through the process here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=133931.0 , and you must register: An escrow list, then you can continue to buy and sell your goods or other people.

Item board: not a loan board ...?

Where people must have a high trust account, they can only trade and must have ulcers / collateral, not valid for new arrivals.

goods Board: you can offer goods, which you want to sell. Of course you have to be honest and not a spamer.
This is no limit for beginners, it is initially quite difficult people want to believe about your goods. it's your risk for you to be more honest and confident.

You can communicate with experienced people here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5187576.0

Shipping items like this:

I could possibly do this, you will pay for (product + taxes + shipping) in BTC + an additional $100 USD? What country would I be shipping to?

The conclusion:
You are a beginner, not one of your obstacles to selling your goods, with one reason, honesty and not a spamer.

BTC
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 07:10:50 AM

I would recommend contributing to the forum a bit first. While it is not explicitly against forum rules to do so, a new account posting external inks could easily be mistaken for a spambot, and one of the primary ways users and mods differentiate is to see if their other posts are at all substantive. So in summary take some time to do some casual posting, then create a substantive post later with your links in the appropriate section.
Baronets

Activity: 92
Merit: 15

Baronets is the Jet Cash domain management service

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 07:23:02 AM

Baronets is the alt used by Jet Cash for domain name trading.

I have tried to sell domain names here, but I haven't had much success. I sold CryptoBounty.com through the Name Silo market place for example, and I have tried selling names like BitcoinScammer.com, and BitcoinVirus.com without gaining any interest. It requires a great deal of effort to gain any exposure on the digital boards, and I decided it isn't worth it. I have suggested that a board for the sale of digital assets such as domain names would be of benefit to members, but I haven't managed to find any support for this. My current feeling is that it is better to advertise your names for sale in your signature. If you are serious about selling names, you should have a site for listing the names, and for communications, and I use the domain Baronets for this. When posting the link, you should follow the forum guidelines, and avoid spamming, or the use of the URL out of context.

Escrow is a difficult problem, and you need to avoid generating a transfer lock in the process. I use the Name Silo market place for this. It allows for payment in a wide variety of currencies and methods, and includes Bitcoin. Transfer via a registrar push means that you may have some recourse to recover the name in the event of a payment default.

Baronets is a private domain management service owned by Jet Cash.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 3592

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 07:24:56 AM

Due to the increasing scams, many avoid clicking on any links, so posting to your primary business website will give a bad impression that will eventually backfire.
You can learn the basics of design "to make your topic attractive" here ----> [LEARN] BBCode Lessons & Tutorials [+tutorial videos!] which will give you more information and a better opportunity to promote what you are selling.

You can also sell using this board ----> Auctions

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Baronets

Activity: 92
Merit: 15

Baronets is the Jet Cash domain management service

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 07:32:26 AM

Due to the increasing scams, many avoid clicking on any links, so posting to your primary business website will give a bad impression that will eventually backfire.

I agree with that as a general comment, but it takes us back to the point made by Tecshare - You need to be an active member here, and build trust and a reputation. I hope that nobody believes that my Baronets site is associated with any scams in any form.

Baronets is a private domain management service owned by Jet Cash.
topshelfcrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 06:35:00 PM

Before you sell goods/buy and make transactions.
You have to go through the process here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=133931.0 , and you must register: An escrow list, then you can continue to buy and sell your goods or other people.

Thank you for this, I was not aware, I'll have a read through those topics now.

You can communicate with experienced people here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5187576.0

This is just a random thread with a swiss watch for sale with two comments, so I'm confused why you posted it, unless you mistakenly included the wrong link?

check my premium crypto domains for sale here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5211098
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 06:48:07 PM

No, you are not breaking any rules in doing so.

But if you're posting your site to redirect others there so that they may buy something from your website, your topic will be moved to Service Announcements.

Signature space available for rent.
topshelfcrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 07:07:25 PM

I have tried to sell domain names here, but I haven't had much success. I sold CryptoBounty.com through the Name Silo market place for example, and I have tried selling names like BitcoinScammer.com, and BitcoinVirus.com without gaining any interest. It requires a great deal of effort to gain any exposure on the digital boards, and I decided it isn't worth it.

I investigated a number of threads that people had posted domains for sale, and of a dozen or so only one poster/thread had actually sold any names, but it was also the only person who had listed any halfway decent/valuable domains for sale, judging from the ones I did look at. Others were domains it was obvious no one would want. (not saying that about yours btw)

I have suggested that a board for the sale of digital assets such as domain names would be of benefit to members, but I haven't managed to find any support for this. My current feeling is that it is better to advertise your names for sale in your signature. If you are serious about selling names, you should have a site for listing the names, and for communications, and I use the domain Baronets for this. When posting the link, you should follow the forum guidelines, and avoid spamming, or the use of the URL out of context.

I agree a separate board for domains and similar digital assets would be great. So far I observe from this forum that there are relatively few dedicated subforums given the overall size and scope of the forum as a whole. Things seem to be more lumped together here. For example, there's a dedicated subforum for altcons but no subforums within it for say, major alts like ethereum, litecoin, etc.

Escrow is a difficult problem, and you need to avoid generating a transfer lock in the process. I use the Name Silo market place for this. It allows for payment in a wide variety of currencies and methods, and includes Bitcoin. Transfer via a registrar push means that you may have some recourse to recover the name in the event of a payment default.

Thanks, I know of NameSilo but wasn't aware they accept bitcoin. I've sold hundreds of domains over 10+ years and have used most of the marketplaces and escrow services out there. To be frank, if the only option to sell a domain here is to use an internal escrow account, I'm far less likely to consider it, than to use a trusted third-party escrow service, especially since as it is explained in the thread @Frengki_cisco linked to above, there are even scammers here pretending to be escrow accounts, or buying old accounts that were used for escrow, and probably many other tricks that I might fail to consider.  Especially if we are talking four and five figure (usd) transactions. One needs to minimize risk in such cases and be very diligent. For that matter if someone wanted to buy a domain from me and refused to do the transaction using a trusted outside escrow agency or marketplace, that might even arouse my suspicion. 

topshelfcrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 07:14:27 PM

I was actually planning to create a graphic banner image that included a visual of my web address, so if people wanted to they could direct navigate to it or google it, rather than an actual hard link within the text.  I was going to upgrade to copper in order to be able to post images as a newbie, unless I reach the allotted thirty posts before then. 

You can also sell using this board ----> Auctions

Thanks, good to know.

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 09:43:49 PM

First of all if you will be selling the domain one-by-one then I think it's right board is the digital goods section but if you will be promoting a website where you sell your domains at I think the right section would either be the Service Announcement or the Marketplace section since you will be promoting your website as well, since you aren't just exactly selling the domain as a product directly in the forum. In terms of rules being broken I don't think you will break any if you will promote the website in your own thread keep in mind that posting a post to bump a thread doesn't put your thread on top anymore so you just avoid it. Another thing is you can't promote your website by posting the link and posts you make as it's called shilling and is a taggable offense by the DTs.
topshelfcrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 11:06:11 PM

In terms of rules being broken I don't think you will break any if you will promote the website in your own thread keep in mind that posting a post to bump a thread doesn't put your thread on top anymore so you just avoid it.

I thought I read you could bump your own thread once every 24 hours. Is this not the case? Or you're saying even if you post a new post every 24 hours but it does not actually move the thread up to the top of the board again?

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 11:16:16 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2019, 12:32:23 PM by TECSHARE

In terms of rules being broken I don't think you will break any if you will promote the website in your own thread keep in mind that posting a post to bump a thread doesn't put your thread on top anymore so you just avoid it.

I thought I read you could bump your own thread once every 24 hours. Is this not the case? Or you're saying even if you post a new post every 24 hours but it does not actually move the thread up to the top of the board again?

It depends on the section posted in.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5183553.0
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 01:12:53 PM

It depends on the section posted in.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5183553.0

Just read the link that TECSHARE provided because that's all through it some boards related to the marketplace and service/altcoin announcement don't have the post bump capability anymore and all bumps to move up to the board are done with the bump score. The bumps of course are made by other members and there are no assurances that you will even move up with just one bump from another member. Bumping power varies from member to member depending excluding the newbies which really don't have any bumping power at all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: