Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:35:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Moderation  (Read 406 times)
GoldenCryptoCommodity

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 04:56:47 PM

And by the way, while I'm here, I should mention that my Pre-ANN topic was deleted without explanation or even a message.  I went to check the topic to see the replies, it wasn't there, so I actually thought I must have failed to click "post".

But then I found the link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5190034.new#new

So the issue of the moderation here has already put my blockchain launch behind schedule, which is why I have a personal interest in this topic.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 05:11:22 PM

Without specifically seeing exactly what you're talking about I can't really give you an in depth answer. However, if your account was banned, and you feel that was unjustified then you can send a ban appeal to the email included in the banned message. The admins would have then looked at it, and investigated. If they thought that the ban was unfair they would then unban you.

If you were permanently banned for specifically plagiarism then that's a permanent ban, and without successfully appealing it you wouldn't be able to post the announcement thread without it being considered ban evading.  

Posting advertisements within someone else's thread no matter if its wanted by the OP or not is still against forum guidelines. I just gave the example of OP's sometimes reporting these kinds of messages.

In terms of how you should go about notifying users that you have taken over the project? Like I said I don't know the specifics of this case that you are referring too, but as long as you notifying the users doesn't break forum guidelines then you are free to do so. 
GoldenCryptoCommodity

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 06:53:29 PM

From my understanding, the forum guidelines make no distinction at all between "advertising" and "notifying users", which is why Barr_Official was banned without warning for a total of 2 posts in 2 topics.

But all that aside, thank you for all your time and hopefully we'll be more aware of these issues and avoid any further problems.
GoldenCryptoCommodity

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 12:47:35 PM

My ANN appears to be shadowbanned - it isn't in the forum list of topics, and can only be viewed by following a link.  If someone posts in the topic, you can immediately go to the Announcements forum and it won't be found anywhere:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5194266.0

But even when people follow a link that I share somewhere else, and they want to talk to me about my coin in the topic I started, a moderator deletes my posts:

http://goldencryptocommod.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/On-Topic.png

But I am glad that Bitcointalk is available for us to use, even in a limited capacity.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: