Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:43:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Incorect price on Coinmarketcap.com  (Read 531 times)
nankers

Activity: 634
Merit: 118

Bounty Hunter Indonesia

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 02:07:13 PM

I think everyone already knows that CMC has incorect prices but you are wrong if you calculate as you say. IMO, it's actually quite easy to understand why CMC displays incorect prices. CMC calculates the total volume of several exchanges registered in CMC which in fact when displaying the current price volume, CMC and some exchanges have a gap of several minutes (as far as I know about 4-5 minutes) when displayed on CMC. I personally think maybe because of this the CMC always displays incorect prices

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2020, 08:29:45 AM

To whom it may concern,

Coinmarketcap - https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/gapcoin/ - stopped tracking Gapcoin <> BTC when we were de-listed from defunct exchanges.

I've contacted them for full relisting and to link our new exchanges, but they require a $1000 avg. daily trading volume, which is fairly hard to achieve when your stuck in this chicken and egg altcoin limbo situation i.e. no exchange listing = no volume etc.,

$1000 average over how long?

I mean technically if someone wanted to trade back and forth(granted they had enough gapcoin), we could theoretically accomplish that with a few people trading back and forth..Yes there is risk involved and the possibility of losing some monetary value is there but....

Coinmarketcap - https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/gapcoin/ - stopped tracking Gapcoin when we were de-listed from defunct exchanges.

I've contacted them for full relisting and to link our new exchanges, but they require a $1000 avg. daily trading volume, which is fairly hard to achieve when your stuck in this chicken and egg altcoin limbo situation i.e. no exchange listing = no volume etc.,

Over 24 hours ... 7 days a week? Who knows exactly ...?

This situation is not actually acceptable.

CoinMarketCap is presenting long-term incorrect information in regards to the Gapcoin project. I have now notified them more than twice about this with a spacing of 3 to 6 months or more.

They are restricting price movement and free markets as the exchange rate is held static with the last price point they last tracked ...

Feb 6th 2019.
- https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/gapcoin/

They even currently track the Freiexchange API where Gapcoin is listed https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/freiexchange/ - but they don't track Gapcoin!

Again, CoinMarketCap is presenting additionally incorrect and miss-leading information about Gapcoin, despite being notified otherwise ...

"Hybrid - PoW & PoS" X
"Scrypt" X
"Inactive" X

Nope.

"Custom PoW - Prime Gaps"
"Active"

Time for Gapcoin Club to get some legal representation and send out some pretty pieces of headed note paper methinks ...

Relevant screenshots taken.

Moreover, Coinmarketcap seems to of 'outed' and maligned Gapcoin in favor of listing this token ... GAP(S). We are not associated with this project.

- hxxps://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/gaps/

- hxxp://gapschain.io - Again, we are not associated with this project.

The expanded Tab for their website above touts 'GAP COIN' - and currently clicking it states "coming soon!" ...

Contacting them as well. We clearly had the crypto-ticker first. A 'friendly' cease and desist notice will also likely be sent to gapschain in this regard.

Roll Eyes

Posting here as the main CoinMarketCap thread is 'locked' ...

CoinMarketCap.com - Market Cap Rankings of All Cryptocurrencies!
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.0

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
hotwheels798

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 02:48:15 PM

Well to be honest most of the price of cryptocurrecies not exact in coinmarketcap. That's why coingecko is there to crosscheck price. And i am also worrying about the Total supply and total marketcap of some cryptocurrency in coinmaretcap. The ROI of some cryptocurrencies also not exact. People usually invest for the long time by checking the ROI of that perticular cryptocurrency in coinmarketcap. And unfortunately  the ROI facility is not there in coingeko to check the ROI.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: