Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:24:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stock-to-Flow Model: Modeling Bitcoin's Value with Scarcity  (Read 5601 times)
fillippone (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 15195

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2020, 09:29:49 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2020, 11:01:49 AM by fillippone
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), bitebits (1)

^ Nice fillippone. Are those Grayscale/CashApp numbers net buys?
Yes, as per my understanding, those are net buys.
I included in the Google Spreadsheet the link for financial statement for Greyscale (still working on Cash App ones), where youwe can doublecheck this information.
Don't trust, verify.

Of course the idea those buys are satisfied by newly minted coins rather that the existing coins is rater naive.
There are more than 18,000,000 BTC out there, so this  buying pressure is a tiny fraction of this supply.
But nevertheless, BTC whales will get eventually eroded by this pressure.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fillippone (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2020, 11:11:40 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2020, 11:41:30 AM by fillippone

PlanB is slowly expanding his Cross Asset model:

US housing S2F (32-95) & value ($33.9T) align with stock-to-flow model. I am looking into European housing, seems to align too (slightly higher S2F & value than US), share results later. A S2F data point higher than gold is important for after 204 halving.
https://medium.com/greyswandigital/testing-plan-s-cross-asset-stock-to-flow-model-on-housing-c84889304ddf

https://twitter.com/100trillionUSD/status/1263118694579920899?s=20

So, many Store of Value aligning on the "magical" regression.

I guess that as Bitcoin moves up the line, becoming more and more scarce and with his valuation going up, more and more of those assets will lose their place on that line, as Bitcoin will eventually "drain" from those assets their "Store of Value" functions, leaving them only with their "industrial value".
It happened with Silver, it will happen with Gold and any other Store of Value Assets.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2020, 05:52:47 PM

I guess that as Bitcoin moves up the line, becoming more and more scarce and with his valuation going up, more and more of those assets will lose their place on that line, as Bitcoin will eventually "drain" from those assets their "Store of Value" functions, leaving them only with their "industrial value"

As much as I would love that to come true, it's highly unlikely

It happened with Silver, it will happen with Gold and any other Store of Value Assets

So why did it not start with gold?

I mean, long before Bitcoin? Gold is also scarce and has been scarce since day one (apart from two events in the very remote past when it wasn't), so it should have done the trick long ago. Why didn't gold strip other assets off of their store of value functions? If we proceed from the assumption that it didn't, what is it in Bitcoin which gold lacks? Yeah, you can transact with Bitcoin but somehow it doesn't feel like its killer feature that would make it reign supreme among other such assets. You don't need to transact (much) with a store of value (as the term itself suggests)

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 10066

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 06:20:03 PM
Merited by fillippone (4)

I guess that as Bitcoin moves up the line, becoming more and more scarce and with his valuation going up, more and more of those assets will lose their place on that line, as Bitcoin will eventually "drain" from those assets their "Store of Value" functions, leaving them only with their "industrial value"

As much as I would love that to come true, it's highly unlikely

It happened with Silver, it will happen with Gold and any other Store of Value Assets

So why did it not start with gold?

Gold is quite likely to suffer silver's fate in terms of reverting to its industrial use and industrial value the more that bitcoin supplants gold in terms of a safe haven asset and increasing financialization of bitcoin, and surely bitcoin is better than gold, anyhow in a variety of ways.. People have merely not come around to realize that bitcoin is better than gold yet..,. but they will.. they will .. and some people are already coming around to that realization.... and especially people who have been studying the bitcoin space, which you should be one of those folks, deisik.  You have been around bitcoin (at least your forum registration seems to show it) longer than me, but you still don't seem to fucking understand what is bitcoin?  Crazy that.  Some people take time, right?

In essence, you should realize by now that bitcoin is better than gold in terms of its scarcity, portability, verifiability, divisibility, programability, lack of a need to endure as much third-party risk or costs and likely other characteristics, too.

I mean, long before Bitcoin? Gold is also scarce and has been scarce since day one (apart from two events in the very remote past when it wasn't), so it should have done the trick long ago. Why didn't gold strip other assets off of their store of value functions?

Likely, because of its physicality, gold has remained somewhat easy to manipulate with the passage of time.  I would not be negating that bitcoin has done decently well in maintaining decent value with the passage of time, even though it has been manipulated through its history.

If we proceed from the assumption that it didn't, what is it in Bitcoin which gold lacks?

I already covered that point above.

Yeah, you can transact with Bitcoin but somehow it doesn't feel like its killer feature that would make it reign supreme among other such assets.

It does not need to feel like bitcoin is any kind of killer currently.  Don't get so anxious.  Bitcoin is very early in its level of maturity and adoption, so you can choose to bet on it, or you can sit on the fence or you can bet against it.  The choice is yours.  Just don't come whining 4-10 years later when you cannot even afford .1BTC because you failed/refused to invest while it is still relatively cheap.

You don't need to transact (much) with a store of value (as the term itself suggests)

Of course, you do not need to transact much with bitcoin either, especially if there are a lot of inferior stores of value that you can use for your payment processors, but sure, there are likely going to develop more and more payment mechanisms with bitcoin too, even though perhaps it may not end up getting used a lot for small transactions if there are other payment mechanisms that are available.

On the other hand, there may be some people and some situations in which it might be way better to use bitcoin rather than some other mechanism that  either relies on a third party or there might be some other questions regarding the real time transfer of value or the ability to reverse the transaction, let's say for example there is an oil tanker that has $100million in value, and it might be better to transact in bitcoin for such a seller to feel comfortable about making sure that the value of the bitcoin is received before delivering such oil to the buyer. 

Of course, there can be a lot of other examples in which bitcoin might be the better vehicle for the transfer of value, but just using the oil tanker as one possible example.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2020, 06:46:17 PM

In essence, you should realize by now that bitcoin is better than gold in terms of its scarcity, portability, verifiability, divisibility, programability, lack of a need to endure as much third-party risk or costs and likely other characteristics, too

I agree with all of this

And I think no one would argue that Bitcoin is better than gold in most all of everyday circumstances. With that said, however, I don't think that anything would be able to beat gold before Bitcoin has long been beaten out of the picture, and not just as a store of value but completely wiped out -- in case things go massively awry. That's probably a sufficient reason why gold is better, and will always be better than Bitcoin as a store of value on longer timeframes. In fact, Bitcoin is quite fragile, while gold, physical gold, is virtually indestructible

fillippone (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2020, 07:05:51 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I came late replying to this, and I think JJG summarised (well, I would rather say he actually expanded) the answer I had in mind.
Bitcoin is better than gold in so many ways that in the long term it will strip gold, and ultimately every other SoV of their financial value, leaving them only to their respective industrial value.

This is what is already happening today: negative rates and CB’s going brrr all around the world are sending fiat money south: some of those (ARS anyone?) is doing that faster than other, but all of them are, USD included (slower than all the others admittedly) as you can easily deduct from XAU increasing in value every day.

It is not going to happen overnight, but if you are reading these lines you are in a position of advantage to be ready when this is going to happen.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 07:12:42 PM

In essence, you should realize by now that bitcoin is better than gold in terms of its scarcity, portability, verifiability, divisibility, programability, lack of a need to endure as much third-party risk or costs and likely other characteristics, too

I agree with all of this

And I think no one would argue that Bitcoin is better than gold in most all of everyday circumstances. With that said, however, I don't think that anything would be able to beat gold before Bitcoin has long been beaten out of the picture, and not just as a store of value but completely wiped out -- in case things go massively awry. That's probably a sufficient reason why gold is better, and will always be better than Bitcoin as a store of value on longer timeframes. In fact, Bitcoin is quite fragile, while gold, physical gold, is virtually indestructible

And?  

What is the vehicle for the supposed bitcoin doom and gloom?

Is it a software bug?

The internet gets shut down?

Governments are able to outlaw it?

How is bitcoin going to go down, exactly?  Is this doom to bitcoin coming soon, or you do not have a timeline for such bitcoin death?

Is this doom and gloom for bitcoin coming during our lifetimes or even in the next 50 years or even 10 years?

You are saying that we should be investing in gold right now, or you are not saying that?  You realize that gold has supposedly been going to pump forever, but really have not seen it in the last 20 years, right?  Has there been any gold pump, yet?  Don't get too excited about the last 14 years, because if you account for inflation, gold has not really done shit, even if you see a doubling of its dollar value. that ain't shit.

In other words, if you cannot come up with some decent timeframe for the supposed decline of bitcoin, then bitcoin is going to continue to have value gravitate into it and to remain a good investment for all peeps, and who gives any shits if bitcoin dies in 50 years or 100 years or some other unspecified time period, when either we will be dead or we can address that supposed threat model at that future time.

In other words, if you cannot be specific about some kind of reason or some kind of timeline for bitcoin's supposed death, in spite of the currently strong fundamentals and strong price prediction models that include stock to flow, 4-year fractal and exponential s-curve adoptions based on metcalfe and networking effects, then currently bitcoin seems to be in the position to continue to be a great investment in which everyone should consider getting the fuck off of zero and trying to get somewhere in the ballpark of 1% to 10% of their quasi-liquid investment assets into bitcoin rather than hypothesizing about some non-specific doomsday scenario that has about a snowball's chance in hell of actually happening or interfering with the current BTC investment thesis.

Go ahead with your presentation of your purported bitcoin is dead/dying thesis (and gold is better...blah blah blah), deisik.  The ball is in your court.  I am waiting.  You got anything or are you too busy (distracted) looking at some shitcoin chart?   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2020, 07:28:57 PM

How is bitcoin going to go down, exactly?  Is this doom to bitcoin coming soon, or you do not have a timeline for such bitcoin death?

Is this doom and gloom for bitcoin coming during our lifetimes or even in the next 50 years or even 10 years?

Internet down means Bitcoin is down too, as simple as it can be

It may be down for you personally or more globally, temporarily or more permanently, but the outcome will be the same, and it can have pretty ugly consequences if it is to stay. I really don't see any plausible reason why anyone would want to question that. It can happen tomorrow, it can happen in a year, or it can never happen, but just the possibility of it, which is real and palpable, should make every Bitcoin holder think twice. That's basically the reason why everyone should have ready cash on hand (gold is somewhere down the road). It is just common sense and street wisdom. Shit happens, and ironically, when it happens, we are more often than not caught completely off guard as the coronavirus pandemic has revealed abundantly clear

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 07:47:30 PM

How is bitcoin going to go down, exactly?  Is this doom to bitcoin coming soon, or you do not have a timeline for such bitcoin death?

sure.. bitcoin is mostly internet.. but not exclusively internet, and really there are not too many scenarios to presume large scale internet outages of such a scale to make bitcoin NOT work.

In recent years, I have focused on making it my practice to NOT plan my life around events that have low probabilities of happening, but instead to do the bulk (vast majority) of my planning and preparations for more likely scenarios.. has served me quite well to focus in such a way.

It may be down for you personally or more globally, temporarily or more permanently, but the outcome will be the same,

Outcome is not the same if there are pockets of access or even time periods of outages versus whole world outages.

and it can have pretty ugly consequences if it is to stay.

Yep.. it could... but again, not too likely whatever the fuck you are speculating about.

I really don't see any plausible reason why anyone would want to question that.

I don't question that total outage would have a big impact.  But I am not going to assume getting to total outage very easily or under any kind of straightforward path, even if we have had a pretty BIG event in recent times with a virus and a seeming over-reaction and ill-focused reaction that is likely going to continue for some time, we still have a hard time getting to large scale internet outages that you would like to presume.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

It can happen tomorrow,

You mean a solar pulse?  Hm?  

it can happen in a year, or it can never happen, but just the possibility of it, which is real and palpable, should make every Bitcoin holder think twice.

Well that might cause some people to only put 1% or 10% in bitcoin rather than larger allocations.

So fucking what?

No one should be putting 30% or 50% or some other stupid ass large amount of preparation into 1% scenarios.. that is going to get them to the poor house quickly... dumb asses.

If you are reluctant and you give some weight to outlandish scenarios, then you might temper down your investment in bitcoin from 10% to 5%, but it should not lead you to go to 0%... that would be retarded.. and sure there are retarded people out there, and they are likely not prepared for much of anything, including the upside scenarios in bitcoin.

By the way, I have no problem with preparing for both downside and upside in bitcoin, and all of us should prepare for both directions, but lame as fuck to be suggesting that anyone preparing for up in bitcoin is not adequately preparing for down, too.

That's basically the reason why everyone should have ready cash on hand (gold is somewhere down the road).

I doubt that gold is necessary... but sure, maybe have some gold, but does not seem necessary.  

Good to have some cash and sure assets in a variety of places and other prepper stuff such as food, property and maybe a gun and some bullets and other stuff like that... ... don't go overboard but have some of those things.  Yes.

It is just common sense and street wisdom. Shit happens, and ironically, when it happens, we are more often than not caught completely off guard as the coronavirus pandemic has revealed abundantly clear

Of course, corona virus has revealed quite a few supply chain vulnerabilities, but does not mean do not invest in bitcoin or to invest in gold... you are devolving into a bit of nonsense, and maybe we are starting to exhaust this topic.. for now?
  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 08:03:32 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), fillippone (1)

How is bitcoin going to go down, exactly?  Is this doom to bitcoin coming soon, or you do not have a timeline for such bitcoin death?

It may be down for you personally or more globally, temporarily or more permanently, but the outcome will be the same, and it can have pretty ugly consequences if it is to stay. I really don't see any plausible reason why anyone would want to question that. It can happen tomorrow, it can happen in a year, or it can never happen, but just the possibility of it, which is real and palpable, should make every Bitcoin holder think twice. That's basically the reason why everyone should have ready cash on hand (gold is somewhere down the road). It is just common sense and street wisdom. Shit happens, and ironically, when it happens, we are more often than not caught completely off guard as the coronavirus pandemic has revealed abundantly clear

Not really a counter argument but more of a nuanced mitigation of the argument...
https://cryptomoneyteam.co/2020/05/21/bitcoin-could-be-more-resilient-to-global-electric-failure-than-banks/
Bitcoin has long since proven that its system is robust. In 11 years of operation, the network has seen zero downtime.
fillippone (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2020, 08:31:06 PM

Not really a counter argument but more of a nuanced mitigation of the argument...
https://cryptomoneyteam.co/2020/05/21/bitcoin-could-be-more-resilient-to-global-electric-failure-than-banks/
Bitcoin has long since proven that its system is robust. In 11 years of operation, the network has seen zero downtime.

I do agree with you JJG an bkbirge, the internet is not even necessary to trade with bitcoin:

[Total privacy Bitcoin]: off grid Transactions LoRaWan/goTenna

I do agree this is a corner scenario, where probably trading bitcoin wouldn't may be the first issue (rather than finding enough food to pass the night), but may be an uber-nerd wet dream (and I am actually thinking about assembling this setup coupled with a Blockstream Satellite receiver 2.0).

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2020, 09:07:34 PM
Merited by OROBTC (2)

Of course, corona virus has revealed quite a few supply chain vulnerabilities, but does not mean do not invest in bitcoin or to invest in gold... you are devolving into a bit of nonsense, and maybe we are starting to exhaust this topic.. for now?

Okay, let's not derail this thread anymore

So a few final words to sum it up. It is not like you should choose only Bitcoin or only gold. To repeat, that depends on your investment horizon. If you work on timeframes like decades, I would opt for gold, on shorter timeframes I would choose Bitcoin. But that doesn't mean that you can't use both for shorter and longer timeframes. These are different timeframes, and thus they don't need to be mutually exclusive

The other point to keep in mind is that there are not many people who can purposefully plan so far into the future (like one in a million). To make sense of it, you have to be rich and very well off, as well as have walked up the timeframe ladder (from shorter to longer terms). Conversely, if you are as poor as a church mouse, a timeframe of a single year may be well beyond your planning horizon

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 10:03:22 PM

Okay, let's not derail this thread anymore

So a few final words to sum it up. It is not like you should choose only Bitcoin or only gold. To repeat, that depends on your investment horizon. If you work on timeframes like decades, I would opt for gold, on shorter timeframes I would choose Bitcoin. But that doesn't mean that you can't use both for shorter and longer timeframes. These are different timeframes, and thus they don't need to be mutually exclusive

Of course, you have a right to allocate in terms of any philosophy that you like or if you believe that your allocation lines up with your view of the world, your timeline and your other various personal circumstances...

but I don't agree with your nonsense about gold being more of a long term than bitcoin or that they necessarily serve differing purposes.  You can frame the situation like that all that you like, and if your world view is that you need to prepare for some Armageddon scenario and physical gold might come handy in that, then you allocate some of your value into that burdensome shiny nonsense.

If you are viewing either gold or bitcoin as a possible hedge against the dollar then that might be another investment scenario and in that case gold could reasonable be concluded to be redundant to bitcoin to the extent that it actual serves as any kind of meaningful hedge against the dollar (which might be a decent leap in faith, too, since it has been so paperized during the years).

Regarding your long term short term nonsense, I agree with that framework to the extent that anyone is investing in shitcoins... bitcoin is not a shitcoin, so we can dispose of that framework in terms of bitcoin.  Since I consider bitcoin to be a long term investment, that does not mean that I am not going to hesitate to get the fuck out of bitcoin if circumstances change in such a way that bitcoin no longer seems like a long term investment.  Merely because someone invests into an asset for the long term and with a long term time horizon does not mean that they lose their discretion to get the fuck out of the asset if the fundamentals or even world environment changes.

Your seemingly dumbass bearish investment thesis in regards to bitcoin presumes that there is some kind of meaningful vulnerability in the internet or alternative communication channels that can be used by bitcoin, and that is just nonsense, but if someone actually believes that to be an actual bitcoin vulnerability, they could still invest in bitcoin, and if they were to see such communication channels becoming an issue then get the fuck out of bitcoin before other people notice such issue.. Currently there is no such issue and we are not even close to such an issue, that is part of the reason I am taking such a harsh tone to the preposterousness of your bearish bitcoin investment thesis.

The other point to keep in mind is that there are not many people who can purposefully plan so far into the future (like one in a million).

Who the fuck cares if people do NOT plan very well?  That should not affect the goal that any investor should have in order to attempt to plan their investments and to tweak them from time to time, as needed.  Just because people are not good at planning or investing does not mean that each of us should not strive (for our own good) to plan ahead.  Yeah, if you do not want to plan ahead merely because a lot of others fail to accomplish such planning, then that is your dumbass choice.

By the way, there is a concept of information asymmetry, and of course, if you plan ahead, then you are more able to take advantage of information asymmetry because you are prepared for it.. and that is a place where preparation meets opportunity.. in other words, making your own luck.  Not everyone is going to get lucky in life, but those who prepare have way better odds of running into some "luck" from time to time.

To make sense of it, you have to be rich and very well off, as well as have walked up the timeframe ladder (from shorter to longer terms). Conversely, if you are as poor as a church mouse, a timeframe of a single year may be well beyond your planning horizon

Bullshit.

Of course, rich people have a lot of advantages over poor people, but frequently rich people will fuck things up pretty badly too because they take their already richness for granted.

One of the quasi-secrets of being rich is learning how to live within your means, and sure the more poor that you start out the more challenging will be your situation to improve your lot and to generate investment capital and to be able to create situations in which you have savings and that you are even able to invest whether in bitcoin or in some other assets (stay the fuck away from gold.. if you know how to buy and secure bitcoin.... hahahahaaha).

fillippone (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2020, 02:48:46 PM

One of the most important tweet  bt @100trillionUSD answering the most debated question: Why isn't demand factored in the Stock to Flow model?

Some say S2F(X) model must be wrong because #BTC BTC price is determined solely by scarcity (supply) and demand does not play a role.

However Nobel prize winning Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) determines asset returns solely based on risk (volatility, dd) .. no demand, no supply

https://twitter.com/100trillionUSD/status/1268610182793228288?s=20

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
fillippone (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2020, 08:21:51 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2023, 01:49:18 AM by fillippone

PlanB is continuing his campaign trying to clarify some misconceptions about his latest models.

Today he tweeted:

S2FX misunderstandings:
1) Phase5 not defined. Phase5 ~ S2F55-60 & $100-900K
2) S2FX not falsifiable. Falsified if phase5 or other scarce assets (diamonds/homes) are not ~on S2FX line
3) Altcoins,palladium,platinum are left out. No, they are not scarce: S2F<1, no PoW/hash/liq/etc

https://twitter.com/100trillionUSD/status/1271555833130815488

As we see he marked the first red dot (the second one is expected soon.
Still, we have to find the narrative for this 5th phase.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
fillippone (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2020, 07:57:19 AM

PlanB is playing harsh against Vitalik, also continuing demystifing his models:

Vitalik tweeted this:

The "halvings cause BTC price rises" theory is unfalsifiable:

Was the peak before the halving? Then it "rose in anticipation of the halving"
During? "Because of the halving"
After? "Because of..."

The last $20k peak was near the halfway point between the 2016 and 2020 halvings.

https://twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/1272240013363855361?s=20

PlanB was ready to answer this (blunt) criticism:

I beg to differ. Halvings make BTC scarcer (in S2F terms) and scarce assets  (BTC, gold, silver etc) seem to have a higher value than non scarce assets. It is not so much about the peaks (those are caused by greed and fomo), but the average price levels.

https://t.co/cQEv7Qvu64?amp=1
https://twitter.com/100trillionUSD/status/1272436030097031169?s=20

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
fillippone (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2020, 09:28:18 PM

PlanB on twitter started a series of interesting, yet quite surprising tweets:

“Don’t Fight the FED” is old Wall Street wisdom.
Great thing that #Bitcoin BTC is fully aligned with FED interests (QE to save banks & companies). BTC is correlated (95% R2) and cointegrated with US equities (S&P500). So BTC is not an uncorrelated asset and supported by FED actions.

https://twitter.com/100trillionUSD/status/1274664455817826306?s=20

Really?
At face value this tweet states that being SPX and BTC correlated and cointegrated, the fed pumping money in the system is actually also pumping BTC too.

In the second tweet computes BTC level based on current SPX level using this new model:

#BTC BTC= $3100^8.7*e^-60 = $20K🚀

https://twitter.com/100trillionusd/status/1275108641763471361?s=21

BTC looks like a leveraged bet on SPX.
Of course if we go further up, both BTC and SPX are getting explosives.
What does it means? Are we going to be all rich?
Wrong.
You can be a millionaire and be poor, if a liter of milk costs 10,000 USD.
Have you ever been in Venezuela, a lot of billionaries there who just throw money in the street, because they are too rich to take the bills from the pavement.

Do you know how bankruptcies happen?
Slowly at start, then allo fo a sudden, Weimar Style:

Some people think that FED is going to stop QE / Brrrr and that stock markets will crash ... I think FED is going Weimar style parabolic. #bitcoin BTC

https://twitter.com/100trillionUSD/status/1275422699385507842?s=20

This is what it is going to happen if FED keeps pumping USD in the system.
(remember that Bitcoin is not about getting rich quickly, is about not getting poor slowly).
What do these tweet means?
We knew that BTC was not correlated with SPX. A lot of studies and analysis confirmed that. Yet PlanB comes with the statement the SPX is correlated.
I did myself this analysis a few times  and I didn't came up with those numbers. So he must have a different explanation for this.
I will try to find out and detail here.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2020, 06:23:06 AM
Merited by fillippone (2), vapourminer (1)

Do you know how bankruptcies happen?
Slowly at start, then allo fo a sudden, Weimar Style:

Some people think that FED is going to stop QE / Brrrr and that stock markets will crash ... I think FED is going Weimar style parabolic. #bitcoin BTC

https://twitter.com/100trillionUSD/status/1275422699385507842?s=20

Whoever that guy (PlanB) is, with such charts he totally discredits himself

I don't know about other fellow posters, but looking at this I can't help catching myself thinking that he is selling snake oil. You know, the kind that ZeroHedge has been selling for over a decade already, complete doom and gloom. It may be enjoyable and amusing to read but if you come to base your actual life choices and decisions on the information presented there, you are in for trouble, probably big time

remember that Bitcoin is not about getting rich quickly, is about not getting poor slowly

Sounds pretty ironic, and not far from the truth for the majority of wannabe nouveaux riches

fillippone (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2020, 12:14:46 PM

New Plan B website online:

Check out my new website: http://PlanBTC.com
All articles & podcasts in one place

https://twitter.com/100trillionUSD/status/1277930300530667521?s=20

There you can find all his articles, with link to local translations, interview and podcasts.
Definetly a resource to link.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
fillippone (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2020, 08:10:17 AM

A very nice podcast interview with PlanB on this new #Phase5 of bitcoin:

Bitcoin Has Entered Phase 5 with PlanB, Jeff Booth & Preston Pysh

Date: Wednesday 2nd September   
Company: Independent Trader, Entrepreneur & Author, The Investors Podcast
Role: Bitcoin Quant Analyst, Independent & Host

When Plan released his revised Stock-to-Flow model as a Cross Asset Model (S2FX), he added a new concept: phase transitions. This revision to the model takes into consideration the evolution of Bitcoin’s use and meaning, as such, from proof of concept to payments to e-gold to a financial asset.

Following the halving in May, many have speculated what the next transitional phase would be for Bitcoin, with the model predicting the price of Bitcoin potentially reaching $288K.

With Bitcoin being a provably scarce asset, in times of unprecedented money printing and fiat currency debasement, the bull case for Bitcoin is clear. However, in August, MicroStrategy sent a clear message to businesses everywhere, when in August they announced their purchase of 21,454 Bitcoin, over 0.1% of the total supply.

MicroStrategy CEO Michael Saylor said that they view Bitcoin as a “dependable store of value and an attractive investment asset with more long-term appreciation potential than holding cash”. Other companies have started following MicroStrategy by holding Bitcoin within their treasury.

Could companies holding Bitcoin to protect their cash reserves be the next phased transition for Bitcoin?

In this interview, I talk to Bitcoin quant analyst & creator of the stock to flow model, Plan₿, author of The Price of Tomorrow Jeff Booth & author, engineer & the host of The Investor Podcast, Preston Pysh. We discuss how Bitcoin S2F is entering phase 5.

This Podcast sums up many of the theme i recently cared about:
#Stock to Flow
MicroStrategy Buys $250M in Bitcoin, Calling the Crypto ‘Superior to Cash’
Winklevoss The Case for $500K Bitcoin

Is Bitcoin entering a new era? I think it is one of the most interesting topic right now.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████