Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:41:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: sMerits Validity?  (Read 371 times)
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4111

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 09:47:42 AM

Also if they declare it publicly then those Merit sources inboxes will be filled up with PM asking for the merits. Theymos also told the exact.
It's fairly straightforward to work out who the merit sources are on this forum by looking at the merit received, and given. If someone was dedicated to pestering merit sources they would be able to figure it out. Although, I haven't had too many users message me to merit them. Only a few now, and again.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 12114

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 12:41:35 PM
Merited by Dabs (3)

The meta board is again getting clogged with topics centered on merit description and which was answers can be found with a little effort put into research.

Now,  there is no point hoarding your smerits as they do not add any value to your rank, but there is also no repercussion for not sending merits, except you are a merit source.

Nice post!
Some high ranking members don’t send/share sMerit. I think it’s really stupid to hoard them & it totally goes against what theymos intended when he implemented the Merit system.

I understand people are busy in RL but it’s not difficult to browse the forum and send Merit to deserving posts. I send out every single one I have available & I’m a Merit source.

Good, i'm someone who's almost empty always as well, I did asked to be a merit source and I do send every single one, I have the time to do so and would easily be able of spreading more, as I think hoarding is stupid cause the merit are here for reasons....If however I would be very busy IRL and not able of sending them out, then still for sure I know a lot of very good members/posters who could use some in order to rank up or because of high re-send value of merit... whatever they will be distributed when I have.

XhomerX10 designed my nice avatar HATs!!!!!  Thanks Bro
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 02:01:56 PM

Also if they declare it publicly then those Merit sources inboxes will be filled up with PM asking for the merits. Theymos also told the exact.
It's fairly straightforward to work out who the merit sources are on this forum by looking at the merit received, and given. If someone was dedicated to pestering merit sources they would be able to figure it out. Although, I haven't had too many users message me to merit them. Only a few now, and again.

Here's an easier way to see who are merit sources:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=sources

Merit sources

There are 131 merit sources with a total merit generation of up to 21045 sMerit per 30 days

Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 2184

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2019, 02:03:39 PM

Really?  I haven't noticed that there have been an inordinate number of them lately.  Back when the merit system came out and then after the 1-merit requirement to achieve Jr. Member went into effect, it seemed like every other thread (or more) was about merits.  Compared to those two occasions, Meta has been downright quiet as far as merit threads are concerned.

Changes in the merit system results in more posts than usual about merits. Meta is usually never really quiet on issues regarding merits, and I do not have a problem with merit discussion and analysis. But I had come across a couple of redundant threads which has been answered previously.

El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 12114

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 02:35:01 PM

Here's an easier way to see who are merit sources:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=sources

Merit sources

There are 131 merit sources with a total merit generation of up to 21045 sMerit per 30 days

21045 merit = to low amount for active forum member/sources

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5164223.msg51788098#msg51788098

XhomerX10 designed my nice avatar HATs!!!!!  Thanks Bro
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: