Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:59:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No other currency  (Read 748 times)
Bounty Don

Activity: 147
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 04:45:11 AM

Bitcoin is a major coin in crypto world. All-time Bitcoin price is very high in the market. I think there is no other crypto currency and altcoin price effect on bitcoin. Bitcoin price is high it is no reason for other crypto prices. Bitcoin prices rise due to the increase in demand. Again, the price of bitcoin decreases as its demand decreases. At this time bitcoin using many sectors. In other sectors, the use of bitcoin more or less. Due to its impact on bitcoin prices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 06:02:17 AM

if there were no other crypto currencies then btc would not be as popular now.
maybe it's true that alt prices depend on btc, but btc also depends on alt.
just imagine if there is only btc, then there are no smartcontract, ico, ieo, other blockchain events, btc will only be a stretch of sand in the desert.
I couldn't think the situation of no other cryptocurrency that btc is only existing. Possibly people would focus on btc but less popularity because some alts makes the btc in demand. Less competitions could transpire in the crypto market, no Ico project and others could occur.
huu78

Activity: 1204
Merit: 253

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 12:55:00 PM

If there is no altcoin or other cryptocurrency Bitcoin will not be as it is now. See if there is no Bitcoin, will there be innovations from another blockchain?
Like no ICO, IEO, Blockchain Event, smart-contract from other crypto innovations, etc.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
bittamak

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 12:59:54 PM

When an innovation happens like blockchain (bitcoin) and other projects tend to follow a successful model so, its very difficult to imagine not having other crypto's being bitcoin on the helm.
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 02:34:25 PM

When an innovation happens like blockchain (bitcoin) and other projects tend to follow a successful model so, its very difficult to imagine not having other crypto's being bitcoin on the helm.

How can you say so? If altcoins will be eliminated out of the market, bitcoin will be remaining still, and bitcoin is still a cryptocurrency, wherein, one of the characteristics of a good crpyo is its market volatility depending on the demand on it. If altcoins will going to perform in the market, bitcoins market volume will spike so hard as people will have no option to convert their currencies into. But, a world without altcoin isn't seems so possible.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 06:38:30 PM

it will just be a stable coin just other ecurrency. Bitcoin will not reach its potential and the price will just be varying without any huge differences. Also, I doubt if alot of people will know about bitcoin the way it was today and there will be no many trading platforms as we have it today. I strongly believe it will just be another currency created just like perfect money, STP etc. and probably little will be known about satoshi nakamoto whom has become a wanted person today globally  Grin
kryptokant

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 07:06:05 PM

most alts are no competitor to bitcoin. just very few try to fit in the same usecase. even if they would be better bitcoin has the first mover advantage. but everything is possible
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 08:07:04 PM

most alts are no competitor to bitcoin. just very few try to fit in the same usecase. even if they would be better bitcoin has the first mover advantage. but everything is possible
Yep yep!  because altcoins will help to have a trading pair from bitcoin. But in my own conclusion, I think the bitcoin price might double or triple it's valued since there is no trouble on it and there will be a lacking of supply due to high demand so the price will always increase and that's a good thing to those people who invest a lot on it. They might earn huge profits.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2338
Merit: 338

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 10:45:20 PM

Yep yep!  because altcoins will help to have a trading pair from bitcoin. But in my own conclusion, I think the bitcoin price might double or triple it's valued since there is no trouble on it and there will be a lacking of supply due to high demand so the price will always increase and that's a good thing to those people who invest a lot on it. They might earn huge profits.
This is what competition meant for. We can't see huge market improvement if there is no competition happen around. To the event that Bitcoin moves because higher it is just because it has this thing and potentially competitive coin. Bitcoin's market demand keeps increasing day by day and that is how it looks like. If we only have Bitcoin, we might not be able to see that it will reach what it has today. 

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 11:30:28 PM

What if there is no other crypto currency or alt coin. How does it affect the price of the bitcoin. How high is the value of bitcoin in your opinion.?

Well, that might not really have any significant effects on Bitcoin's market price since the market price of Bitcoin is determined by the demand and supply rate. The only significant thing that might have introduced in the financial ecosystem will be the level of scam activities done via the launch of new crypto projects and their coin. A lot of existing tokens or coins are just scam crypto coins which were introduced just to scam investors off their money.
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 01:31:10 PM

What if there is no other crypto currency or alt coin. How does it affect the price of the bitcoin. How high is the value of bitcoin in your opinion.?
Normally, we could say that if there was no cryptocurrency and bitcoin had become popular without the altcoins, it is very much possible that we may have reached its full potential by now, and the reason why I said so is this, I understand that the total market cap right now according to coinmarketcap is 252 billion dollars of which about 44 percent of it is just for altcoin market, which we could say that if bitcoin was to have 100 percent of it, the value may not have reached $20k yet.

The reason why I said that the value would have reached over $20k and even probably reached its limit is that many ico project actually sent a lot of people that were scammed packing from the market, so it is obvious that if these altcoin had not scammed people, the marketcap of bitcoin may have been growing to 1 trillion dollars without the altcoins.
josephrioveros123 (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 01:36:21 PM

Normally, we could say that if there was no cryptocurrency and bitcoin had become popular without the altcoins, it is very much possible that we may have reached its full potential by now, and the reason why I said so is this, I understand that the total market cap right now according to coinmarketcap is 252 billion dollars of which about 44 percent of it is just for altcoin market, which we could say that if bitcoin was to have 100 percent of it, the value may not have reached $20k yet.

The reason why I said that the value would have reached over $20k and even probably reached its limit is that many ico project actually sent a lot of people that were scammed packing from the market, so it is obvious that if these altcoin had not scammed people, the marketcap of bitcoin may have been growing to 1 trillion dollars without the altcoins.

I posted this to learn from others suggestions and insights. I think your right that reason for the bitcoin price becaming low is because of the scammers. But for the altcoin I think we need the altcoins for the industry to grow. Because I think if there is no altcoins. Some other investors would not invest in cryptocurrency in bitcoin alone. Altcoins are good but if it is not a scam.

HITMEX ❖ BUY and SELL CRYPTOCURRENCY With Powerful Crypto Trading Platform ❖
❖ BMEX CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE ❖
Reatim

Activity: 2814
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 02:12:53 PM

if there were no other crypto currencies then btc would not be as popular now.
maybe it's true that alt prices depend on btc, but btc also depends on alt.
just imagine if there is only btc, then there are no smartcontract, ico, ieo, other blockchain events, btc will only be a stretch of sand in the desert.
Maybe just like what OP said post above me,this is just to learn what cryptonians insights in this issue because admit it that we never though of this question before and now since it was laid here our opinion is very important .but also you are correct that if there’s is no other currency the competition is nothing and projects that keep this market healthy won’t exist as well,so basically Bitcoin will be at the lowest value if this is indeed.for atleast a hundred bucks or above just my opinion as well

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Diirtmaan

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 03:31:16 PM

I agree with you. Most likely, Bitcoin would have incredibly huge potential if there were no altcoins. But how to determine the Bitcoin limit? I don’t think there are any criteria to determine the maximum possible growth.
Argoo

Activity: 2254
Merit: 223

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 03:51:17 PM

In any case, it is very good that there are so many types of cryptocurrency. Thanks to competition, it is developing and improving very quickly now. If there were no altcoins, the cryptocurrency market would be boring and hardly as popular as it is now. As for the price of bitcoin, if it remained the only cryptocurrency, then it is difficult to say anything. Most likely, in 2017 we would not see its price of about $ 20,000, the market capitalization would be much lower.
In any case, we have a lot of types of cryptocurrency and now there will always be a lot of them.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 03:36:54 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong.
 Does your point stating that an altcoin's a result of bitcoin price effect?

Since it is all about the demand and supply, the limited quantity of bitcoin makes the price movements. It's not because of those altcoins. So, in short. Altcoins are just decorations and does not have nothing to do with bitcoin's actions.

But let me clear this things out. Altcoins are created to sustain or to support what bitcoin is lacking. Like ethereum. Since fees are higher with slow transactions witb bitcoin, altcoins such as eth and others are available to choose from. That's why selected altcoins are still useful in crypto.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 04:34:46 PM

without a pairing coin and without a competitor in my opinion the bitcoin price will be as normal as the beginning of the market initialization. and without ico project promoting campaign. cryptocurrency/bitcoin it would not be as popular today
It may not be as popular in terms of profit generating because the input of the altcoins or ICO market was to make the investment part of bitcoin and other cryptocurrency popular, but when we are to look at the main technology concept of bitcoin, altcoin didn’t do much to assist because bitcoin has been doing very well in terms of technology even before the arrival of altcoins, what ICO market only did was to make it possible for people to be able to generate quick profit from it.

Hence, if there was no other currencies in the market, I believe that it would not have change what bitcoin is and would not have affected the popularity of bitcoin, because the main reason why people are so much in love with bitcoin is because it is a decentralized coin that protects people’s information.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
StayFly

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 09:26:18 PM

Without altcoins, the bitcoin price will be higher than the current price because some people are buying altcoins instead of bitcoin. Some people believe altcoins have a potential in the future so they are buying and HODLing altcoins instead of bitcoin. If to say they are all buying bitcoin instead of altcoins that would help the bitcoin price get to another level.
DatKing

Activity: 1022
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 09:36:44 PM

I don't think that it would effect the Bitcoin price or Bitcoin's market cap much. Bitcoin is not linked to any other cryptocurrency or altcoin. So, I guess Bitcoin would be very valuable again.

diahsw

Activity: 756
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 11:46:32 PM

if that happens bitcoin will be much in demand and sought, because there are no rivals that rival bitcoin, but bitcoin must remain elegant, which is expensive, so that only certain people can trade. then bitcoin will continue to live and grow into a currency that is in great demand .. !!

S T R A Y   ███  ANIMAL TOKEN - CHARITY AND INVESTMENTS
───── ─    BUY NOW       ─ ─────
WEBSITE     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     REDDIT     WHITEPAPER
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: