Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:23:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bybit Review: The Best Margin Trading Platform  (Read 684 times)
cryptoadvocate (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 03:56:17 PM

Bitmex was my main platform for margin trading for years but 4 months ago I was fed up with the overloads and decided to give Bybit a try. Haven't gone back since and moved all my margin funds over.

I think it's by far the best option these days so I wrote a review to give people some thoughts on the platform so they can make a decision about trying it out.

Full review here: https://www.cryptoadvocate.net/post/bybit-review
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 01:00:54 PM

I'm sure I paid 0.0005 to withdraw btc on that site so you might want to amend that if its your site.

I'd like bybit to at least get ltc too as 9ne of the trade pairs...

It's quite a nice site to use on mobile compared to bitmex as bitmex is really not optimised for mobile...
But the issues most people. Have with bybit is that it's very new and might not have as good security/might exit scam still. I don't think the overload error and lack of scam wicks (but I thought bitmex was based on an average anyway?) is enough of an issue for trading especially if you set your take profits and stop losses an sypur limit order all at once and don't rely on the market. You should be able to make a tp and sl before the limit if you have the limit on cancel box checked.

(also bybit claims to have 24 hour support which bitmex doesn't)...
cryptoadvocate (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 01:36:17 PM

I'm sure I paid 0.0005 to withdraw btc on that site so you might want to amend that if its your site.

I'd like bybit to at least get ltc too as 9ne of the trade pairs...

It's quite a nice site to use on mobile compared to bitmex as bitmex is really not optimised for mobile...
But the issues most people. Have with bybit is that it's very new and might not have as good security/might exit scam still. I don't think the overload error and lack of scam wicks (but I thought bitmex was based on an average anyway?) is enough of an issue for trading especially if you set your take profits and stop losses an sypur limit order all at once and don't rely on the market. You should be able to make a tp and sl before the limit if you have the limit on cancel box checked.

(also bybit claims to have 24 hour support which bitmex doesn't)...

That's just the bitcoin transaction fee. Same as if you were to send btc to anyone. Bybit doesn't charge a fee
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 03:24:27 PM

Although Bybit is much better than Bitmex in terms of functionality and I prefer it especially for scalping, in my opinion the best margin trading platform out there is Deribit. It is the most professional looking one and I kind of have confidence in a Holland based company. They also offer derivatives like options and futures besides perpetuals(spot) that are well suited for well-versed traders. On the other hand I find Bybit more suitable for scalping as sometimes it seems to have more liquidity.
cryptoadvocate (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 02:57:33 AM

Although Bybit is much better than Bitmex in terms of functionality and I prefer it especially for scalping, in my opinion the best margin trading platform out there is Deribit. It is the most professional looking one and I kind of have confidence in a Holland based company. They also offer derivatives like options and futures besides perpetuals(spot) that are well suited for well-versed traders. On the other hand I find Bybit more suitable for scalping as sometimes it seems to have more liquidity.

Deribit doesn't exactly have the greatest track record though
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 06:25:44 AM

I think it's by far the best option these days.

Absolutely, This platform has overcome BitMex, a lot of advantages (sorry for not mentioning them) provided by this platform comparing than some older ones. I gave a try and put all of my love to this platform from the first time.

Also, I have ever applied a vacancy there and passed the interview, unfortunately I'm not accepted, LOL.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 07:17:57 AM

Bitmex was my main platform for margin trading for years but 4 months ago I was fed up with the overloads and decided to give Bybit a try.
I lately came to know that lots of reputed exchanges also started margin trading and this is first time I do hear bitmex is facing bottleneck kind of problems due to heavy loads of users (I am unable to recall how it was doing some four months back as per you have mentioned). Moreover, I am in plan to try margin trading with bittrex because I must need more time to follow your review for the all new exchange bybit; yes, this is the first time I hear them.

Being mobile friendly could be a good improvement from bybit as I am not seeing bittrex is doing that as per my expectations. I am not a on the go trader as I need calm and settled environment to trade profitably still margin trading along with on the go option may push many traders like to to try with bybit.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
cryptoadvocate (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 04:31:46 PM

Bitmex was my main platform for margin trading for years but 4 months ago I was fed up with the overloads and decided to give Bybit a try.
I lately came to know that lots of reputed exchanges also started margin trading and this is first time I do hear bitmex is facing bottleneck kind of problems due to heavy loads of users (I am unable to recall how it was doing some four months back as per you have mentioned). Moreover, I am in plan to try margin trading with bittrex because I must need more time to follow your review for the all new exchange bybit; yes, this is the first time I hear them.

Being mobile friendly could be a good improvement from bybit as I am not seeing bittrex is doing that as per my expectations. I am not a on the go trader as I need calm and settled environment to trade profitably still margin trading along with on the go option may push many traders like to to try with bybit.

They offer a pretty good sign up bonus right now so definitely doesn't hurt to give it a try. Free trading funds
MURONDI

Activity: 742
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 05:32:23 PM

I rarely hear bybit exchange, after I try to read a review about bybit looks like this exchange is pretty good, Leverage exchange and have margin, almost like forex, security issues at this exchange are also pretty good..
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 06:20:22 PM

Bybit's already mobile-friendly enough in my eyes. They've got the mobile site ironed out pretty well, with nice large buttons so you don't fat finger things, and there's four separate tabs for charting, trading, positions and PNL respectively. Pretty sure Bybit's coming out with an official mobile app as well, which should improve things further.

Something else Bybit seems to lack that Bitmex has is quarterly futures, which I know many people take advantage of. Not as big of a deal for me, but it could potentially be a dealbreaker for others.
AniviaBtc

Activity: 1120
Merit: 272

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 06:34:41 PM

Bybit's already mobile-friendly enough in my eyes. They've got the mobile site ironed out pretty well, with nice large buttons so you don't fat finger things, and there's four separate tabs for charting, trading, positions and PNL respectively. Pretty sure Bybit's coming out with an official mobile app as well, which should improve things further.

Something else Bybit seems to lack that Bitmex has is quarterly futures, which I know many people take advantage of. Not as big of a deal for me, but it could potentially be a dealbreaker for others.

I agree with you, Bybit is easy to use and user-friendly. You'll not be confused when to tap or click. Because the buttons are separated perfectly. But there is also a difference between Bybit and Bitmex. As what you've said, it can see future states for you to plan and choose your decisions.

cryptoadvocate (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 03:33:25 PM

Worth calling out that Bybit was the only margin platform not to crash or suffer from overload during the massive bitcoin move
cryptoadvocate (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 02:11:17 PM

If you weren't already convinced that Bybit is the best margin trading platform, Bitmex was just hacked. Bybit really setting itself apart lately.
cryptoadvocate (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 05:07:34 AM

Sounds like bybit will be releasing a usd wallet soon as well, eliminating the need to swap pairs
AUruHM

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 06:38:25 PM

Worth calling out that Bybit was the only margin platform not to crash or suffer from overload during the massive bitcoin move
Sorry, why do you say the same? Do you know where and who works on this exchange? Which datacentre do they use?
If ByBit will have the same count of active traders as Bitmex then we will see what it can. I'd be glad to have another good margin platform then Bitmex. But how to check that they can do their work better?
adathompson2010

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 02:03:35 AM

I think it's by far the best option these days.

Absolutely, This platform has overcome BitMex, a lot of advantages (sorry for not mentioning them) provided by this platform comparing than some older ones. I gave a try and put all of my love to this platform from the first time.

Also, I have ever applied a vacancy there and passed the interview, unfortunately I'm not accepted, LOL.

could you tell us more on what advantages bybit has?
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 11:00:58 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2019, 03:54:58 PM by rijaljun

Better UI than BitMex. It is pretty important for new potential users and those who never experienced derivative trading previously.

Bybit motto is "We listen, we care, we improve" and 24/7 live chat is far better than raising ticket on BitMex. You can ask anything to Bybit official account on like 8 biggest social media platform in this world.

Last but not least, Bybit allows users to withdraw and deposit in all available crypto while BitMex only allows users to deposit and withdraw in Bitcoin.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
cryptoadvocate (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 01:27:13 PM

Better UI than BitMex. It is pretty important for new potential users and those who never experienced derivative trading previously.

Bybit motto is "We listen, we care, we improve" and 24/7 live chat is far better than raising ticket on BitMex. You can ask anything to Bybit official account on like 8 biggest social media platform in this world.

Last but not least, Bybit allows users to withdraw and deposit in all available crypto whole BitMex only allows users to deposit and withdraw in Bitcoin.

Not to mention the underlying technology of the platform
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 11:01:20 PM

I just test it and I like it. Bybit currently has 35% of the Bitmex volume on BTC and nearly 50% on the ETH/USD which is very good!

Does anybody know do Bybit become 'unresponsive' like Bitmex on a sudden price movements? I'm talking about those moments where the Bitmex API is returning "Busy" and you can't even cancel your orders.

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2019, 06:41:52 AM

Bitmex was my main platform for margin trading for years but 4 months ago I was fed up with the overloads and decided to give Bybit a try. Haven't gone back since and moved all my margin funds over.

I think it's by far the best option these days so I wrote a review to give people some thoughts on the platform so they can make a decision about trying it out.

Full review here: https://www.cryptoadvocate.net/post/bybit-review

I like Bybit exchange too more than bitmex when it comes to interface and in the roe value that is in a Dollar amount. Also i heard that they add cross margin, definitely a good platform that may overpass bitmex in the future. So to say, there are many advantages of bybit over bitmex. The thing that i didn't like was the conversion, a trader must convert first into other coin before trading which has a fee unlike bitmex.
The last thing are the orders systems in bitmex which is vrry helpful for me i am waiting for bybit if they have a plan to add advance orders.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: