Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:13:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Day Trading or Long-term Hodl?  (Read 5293 times)
bobelr (OP)

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2019, 12:24:45 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2019, 03:12:03 PM by bobelr

Before now, I have always been getting it wrong about cryptocurrency. A friend recently opened my eyes to see how I could have increase little coins I have to fortune overtime by day-trading. But I am no that type. I had always thought I could only make fortune in crypto by hodling a certain coin for long.

13 months ago, I bought SNTR worth about $100 hoping that in few months I'll wallow in milliions of dollars like Ian Balina , but the reverse is often the case in the subsequent ones I bought. Sad fact, $100 worth of SNTR 13 months ago now less than $2.

Recently, I watched several videos of how to analyse a coin or token to invest in, gained some good knowledge of the basics. I discovered day-trading tokens like DX token and AWC could have actually make me what I hope to be If i had the right information. But its never too late. Yet, I am drowned in mentality that hodling for long can only be the fortune I hope for. Reason I need help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1526
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 12:30:54 PM

I have seen so many threads talking about this DX token with a different format, are you legitimately asking for an opinion or is this form of advertisement?
look at these:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5185591.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5184283.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5189356.0

just do everything you want to do and always bear in mind everything is possible in cryptocurrency.
skarais
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2094

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2019, 12:38:59 PM

I have seen so many threads talking about this DX token with a different format, are you legitimately asking for an opinion or is this form of advertisement?
look at these:

just do everything you want to do and always bear in mind everything is possible in cryptocurrency.
Take a look at this, you must think that the OP is doing a promotion. Quite a lot of discussion about DX on the thread made.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;threads;u=2161267;sa=showPosts

Trading is an attempt to get profit, whether you will do it in the long or short term. That is up to you, but there are things that must be considered for holding a coin for a long time. Check history and make sure the trading volume is high. That might be useful.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 12:57:02 PM

Day trading isn't as simple as just buying low and selling high, it just doesn't work much with altcoins in my experience you got to do it in BTC/USDT. If you take a look at the SNTR today, its almost worthless coin where you can't even see updates that can make the coin spike a bit to attract traders but with BTC the price can just swing in everyday where your chances of earning is much larger.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 01:19:24 PM

Take a look at this, you must think that the OP is doing a promotion. Quite a lot of discussion about DX on the thread made.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;threads;u=2161267;sa=showPosts

Seems this is a trending style of those who want to allegedly shill their coins  but it doesn't matter now because most members of the community are well aware of that! Might as well make a thread to compare his favorite coin (for shilling) and a close competitor and let the community engage in a discussion of both project's merits and features and see which is best among them.

Anyways, I think its best to day trade if you have enough time and want short term gains otherwise you could hold provided that the token/coin your hodling is very promising that it has a high probability of gaining huge ROI's in mid to long term period.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2019, 01:26:52 PM

This is my personal experience, so I originally aimed to trade with an initial capital of $ 100, I observe every day on the market, there is no significant movement. only +0.1 or less and more than that. In the end I didn't withdraw, and instead I kept hodl, so it would be a long-term investment. therefore the situation also determines for trading or long term.
bassbity

Activity: 1092
Merit: 284

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 01:30:28 PM

Day trading isn't as simple as just buying low and selling high, it just doesn't work much with altcoins in my experience you got to do it in BTC/USDT. If you take a look at the SNTR today, its almost worthless coin where you can't even see updates that can make the coin spike a bit to attract traders but with BTC the price can just swing in everyday where your chances of earning is much larger.

Currently the price of SNTR is $ 0.000001, the value is very cheap, why does the OP keep SNTR coins for so long when this coin has no potential, only 2 exchanges have SNTR volume.

I agree with you that it's better to trade daily with BTC / USD or BTC / ETH with great opportunities and you can play with your strategy.
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 01:36:03 PM

Specifically in the bear market while you are talking about the crypto trading you should trade only for day trading. If you are trade on altcoins which are newly lunched or fluctuate then trade very short period and after making a slight profit exit immediate. This because if the price is go beyond your expectations then it is not sure that the price will come again and even the whole project behind the coins go vanished. If you are trade on the giant Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum or any other within the top10 then if the price go adverse then you can hold this for the long time patiently.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 01:40:13 PM

Before now, I have always been getting it wrong about cryptocurrency. A friend recently opened my eyes to see how I could have increase little coins I have to fortune overtime by day-trading. But I am no that type. I had always thought I could only make fortune in crypto by hodling a certain coin for long.

13 months ago, I bought SNTR worth about $100 hoping that in few months I'll wallow in milliions of dollars like Ian Balina , but the reverse is often the case in the subsequent ones I bought. Sad fact, $100 worth of SNTR 13 months ago now less than $2.

Recently, I watched several videos of how to analyse a coin or token to invest in, gained some good knowledge of the basics. I discovered day-trading tokens like DX token and Atomic wallet (AWC) could have actually make me what I hope to be If i had the right information. But its never too late. Yet, I am drowned in mentality that hodling for long can only be the fortune I hope for. Reason I need help.

Holding doesn't work too well these days. You should probably focus on holding few top cryptocurrencies especially Bitcoin.
SNTR is SilentNotary, right? I guess it's currently abondoned as it's worth almost nothing on coinmarketcap. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/silent-notary/
Aabcde

Activity: 1050
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 01:49:15 PM

I prefer hold long term. Of course what we save is BTC or top 5 -10 CMC. Do not be too long to save coins that are under the top 10, only losses will come. If for day trading, first consider the social media. Are they active in development or just question and answer. Or playing the HYPE coin, of course you have to play at the beginning. Do not play when the price has peaked.

▄▄█████   ▄▄█████   ▄▄█████  ▄▀▄
    ███████▌  ███████▌  ███████▌  ▀▄▀
   ████████  ████████  ████████   ▐▌
  ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▄▄ █
  ████████  ████████  ████████ ██▐▌
 ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▐█▀
 ████████  ████████  ████████
▐███████  ▐███████  ▐███████
█████▀▀   █████▀▀   █████▀▀
Metaspins 

▄▄█████▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄
 ▄▄███████  ████  █████
▐██▀▀██████████████████▌
 ██▄▄██  ██▀▀███████████
 ▐█████████▄▄████████  █▌
  ██  ███████████████████
  ▐███████████▀▀▀███████▀
   ▀█████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀
2,500+
GAMES

█████████████████████████████
█████████ █████████ █████████
█████████ █████████ ████▀▄███
███▀▀▀███ ███▀▀▀███ ████▄████
████▀▄███ ████▀▄███ █████████
████▄████ ████▄████ ███▀▀▀███
█████████ █████████ ████▀▄███
█████████ █████████ █████████
█████████████████████████████
EARN UP TO 57% RAKEBACK
WAGER FREE!
         ▄███▄▄▄
    ▄███████████████▄
    ██████████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████
    ███████████████████
    ███████████████████
   █
█████████████████
  ██
█████████████
 ███
█████████████████
████
█████████████
▀▀██
████████████████
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀███▀
1 Click Registration
Instant Payouts
[
]
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 01:49:21 PM

I don't want to take the bait and get into the tokens you are shilling. I will just proceed to answer your question. Actually, this question has been asked countless of times already both inside and outside this forum. There will be more than just yes and no in the answer. I do day trade but very seldom, only when a very reliable signal is available. When none, my tokens are inside my wallets sleeping for the long term. But everything will still depend on your skills. You have to consider that as well.
Kvalentine

Activity: 504
Merit: 25

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 01:52:06 PM

Recently, I watched several videos of how to analyse a coin or token to invest in, gained some good knowledge of the basics. I discovered day-trading tokens like DX token and Atomic wallet (AWC) could have actually make me what I hope to be If i had the right information. But its never too late. Yet, I am drowned in mentality that hodling for long can only be the fortune I hope for. Reason I need help.
Of course, do not let that be a worry for you, crypto is not in a good season so its normal if 100$ worth of token turn 2$, SNTR is not the only project that suffers huge loss but we can't categorized it as loss until you sell the 100$ worth of tokens for that 2$, there is profit in holding so do not be bother, you can find other means like trading

Kersh768

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

Freshdice.com

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 01:56:42 PM

Maybe, this is just not the right time to make huge profit in crypto. There is a problem in the market situation in particular with extreme market value volatility of the cryptos. Holding might prolong the process but it won't change the fact that there's no assurance of earning profit since no one knows when will exactly the market be able to recover from the continuous changes. Being patient at times like this, is our only option.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 01:56:58 PM

SNTR is now very cheap, you really lost your money, but still quite active in the hobit exchange. Anyway you bought SNTR in the last year so it was bear market then it was not good to hold. Well if you buy ethereum or binance coin this time and hold for long term, I'm sure you can make profit.
max6575

Activity: 1176
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2019, 02:00:48 PM

as uses with returns on work with evaluation to follows of details of personal competence parties to gains as distinctive on limit as might to deliver with numbers on returns as nominal with profit to complete within the terms of plan.

dentolas

Activity: 854
Merit: 12

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 02:03:25 PM

I think this really depends on the type of person and your circunstances, available time, pacience, etc
I am also not that type and funny thing is that a friend of mine also openend my eyes about how you can mutiply the number of coins you hold doing some day trading...
but I tend to always go against the flow and just accepted that I am a natural holder... not a trader...
you always need a bit of both, but one is stronger in each person

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Bitze
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1042

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 02:19:31 PM

Recently, I watched several videos of how to analyse a coin or token to invest in, gained some good knowledge of the basics.

and you think that's enough to be successful? i would recommend you to let the trading stay.
if then at most with small amounts and as a hobby but not with the prospect of big profits. Smiley
bobelr (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2019, 02:21:47 PM

look at these:

It sounds like I have more interest in the project since I got to know about it. I read extensively about the whole concept and picked so much interest in it hence I decided to make it larger part of my portfolio which is why I want to be sure I'm making the right decision. The worst thing that can happen to one in this cryptospace is to lean on his intelligent only.
bobelr (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2019, 02:25:27 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2019, 03:16:41 PM by mprep

Recently, I watched several videos of how to analyse a coin or token to invest in, gained some good knowledge of the basics.

and you think that's enough to be successful? i would recommend you to let the trading stay.
if then at most with small amounts and as a hobby but not with the prospect of big profits. Smiley

It often appear to me like i do not have the luck when it comes to trading. But thanks for the advice.

I think this really depends on the type of person and your circunstances, available time, pacience, etc
I am also not that type and funny thing is that a friend of mine also openend my eyes about how you can mutiply the number of coins you hold doing some day trading...
but I tend to always go against the flow and just accepted that I am a natural holder... not a trader...
you always need a bit of both, but one is stronger in each person

I thought I was the only one stuck in this. You've got same style as mine. Thanks for the advice.
DDante

Activity: 434
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 02:30:22 PM

Well you need to try and see for yourself to know which one will suit you but i can bet with you that you would find day trading as a good way to make profit, you can end up losing every thing as well, i invest in crypto for long time and find other ways to sustain myself like real life jobs
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: