Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:57:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust Wallet - Trustworthy?  (Read 935 times)
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 03:57:05 PM

I am using Trust Waklet on my handphone. Basically it stores all my coins. But I wonder is it safe? What if my phone crash. What if I buy a new phone and need to transfer the wallet over? Is there any best practices for Trust Wallet. This is basically my entire fortune and I am trying to be as safe as possible
Yes you can trust the wallet, i have been using it for sometimes now and its flawless, no issues till date, you need to backup your private keys that's the only way you won't lose your fund, you can try other wallets like coinomi or enjin wallet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 03:57:22 PM

Trust wallet is one of the safest crypto wallets, it never had an issue like the Binance exchange! You can save the phrase code on a paper wallet and through those private codes, you can get access to your trust wallet account by any smartphone! So, don't lose those phrase codes and keep them offline to make sure 100% safety. If you have 130 USD, then buy a ledger hardware wallet. There is nothing safer than a hardware wallet.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 04:08:38 PM

Trust wallet is one of the safest crypto wallets, it never had an issue like the Binance exchange! You can save the phrase code on a paper wallet and through those private codes, you can get access to your trust wallet account by any smartphone! So, don't lose those phrase codes and keep them offline to make sure 100% safety. If you have 130 USD, then buy a ledger hardware wallet. There is nothing safer than a hardware wallet.
The important thing is you keep your passphrase safe and you are able to use that phrase even in different mobile.
I dont think this hardware wallet is needed this can be only use if you have a large balance that you want to stored safetly. You can use online wallet if this is only small portion of investment  for BTC or ETH .
SarangWallet

Activity: 411
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 04:21:45 PM

I am using Trust Waklet on my handphone. Basically it stores all my coins. But I wonder is it safe? What if my phone crash. What if I buy a new phone and need to transfer the wallet over? Is there any best practices for Trust Wallet. This is basically my entire fortune and I am trying to be as safe as possible

You must save the Trust Wallet phrase. When you use a new cellphone then you can use it again. I think Trust Wallet is safe. Because many official and trusted platforms recommend Trust Wallet.
erickastella

Activity: 826
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 04:25:17 PM

yes trustwallet is very safe in my opinion as long as you don't change the private key (eth, bnb, or others) it can still be transferred to another smartphone or you can use a passphrase that is like a private key but the passphrase is more dominant easy words Keep in mind, but you must store both the above private key and passphrase very carefully, if not then you have to be really resilient because the assets that are in the private key and passphrase cannot be saved.
taufik123
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1721

airbet.io

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 04:34:27 PM

You are right, in my opinion Hardware Wallet is safer than trust wallet on a smartphone, because smartphones can be affected by phishing, malware or other viruses that can penetrate smartphone security. But it also depends on whether smartphone users always ensure smartphone security. Wallet hardware such as Ledge Nano S, Trezor and others can better secure your assets from breaking into the wallet

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 04:37:51 PM

Trust Wallet itself is stable enough and trustworthy as Binance is behind it. And you could have multiple backups.
I'm using it for some micro-transactions when I'm away from my desktop.

But due to security reasons, I strongly recommend you to use your phone for just small and temporary transaction and never as the main wallet (as per your case). Phones are a lot less secure than every Desktop OS.

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Samayuki

Activity: 574
Merit: 24

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 05:42:13 PM

Trust wallet interface is the main reason why i like it, its very easy to use by anybody, most popular wallets have private keys or recovery seeds as backup so all you have to do is write the backup down somewhere very secured, doing this you will always have access to your coins

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
kolonel_x

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 06:15:16 PM

Trust wallet interface is the main reason why i like it, its very easy to use by anybody, most popular wallets have private keys or recovery seeds as backup so all you have to do is write the backup down somewhere very secured, doing this you will always have access to your coins

I also have long been using the Trust Wallet wallet, the comfort that I feel when using Trust Wallet, easy to make the Backup way is also easy, so I think this wallet is very safe without worrying.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
10c

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 06:39:28 PM

you should have a seed phrase or a private key to enter your wallet! Keep this phrase somewhere on a USB flash drive and if the phone breaks you can enter it on another phone and go into your wallet

gensol

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 06:51:42 PM

Trust wallet has seed phrase for as much eth wallets you deploy on it. Your goal should be to keep those phrases safe and secured if your phone crashes, you can access your funds from anywhere using your seed phrase
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 06:58:09 PM

well, since binance make public announcement about the acquisition of Trust Wallet . i changed my mobile wallet from coinomi to trust wallet.
binance have a good reputation , so i believe it will not be dissapointmen me. and no one problem from that wallet, clean interface and high level of security.

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
Kimzenibi

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 07:11:19 PM

I use trust wallet on daily basis, it's cool with great features. Try to backup your private key on paper, then store somewhere safe so you don't lose your assets when you change mobile device.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 07:25:56 PM

Every wallet offers to backup a seed, also Trust Wallet has this feature, so when you loose your phone, you can restore it.
And if you are afraid that someone steals your cryptocurrencies, then protect your phone with PIN code or fingerprint option.   Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 04:01:09 AM

Trust Wallet is the Binance's official wallet. That means you can understand Trust wallet has better security than other wallets. But I personally recommend hardware wallets to store your funds. You can import your wallet's private keys or mnemonic phrases to when you buy a new phone.
Bitfling

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 06:47:02 AM

I am a Trust wallet user to save coins that I have and to date have no significant problems. Even when we use a new phone, we can easily install it again as long as we hold the seed words. The most important thing is to safely guard the seed words that we have and not share them with other parties
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 07:06:45 AM

Trust wallet is safe, basically any crypto wallets that gives its users private keys or recovery words are safe, with the keys you can import into other wallets and you will find your coins on the wallets, you can import to other wallets as well, i used copay in the past and i am using my recovery seed on coinomi wallet today, no coin lost so far
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 07:33:58 AM

I am using Trust Wallet on my handphone. Basically it stores all my coins. But I wonder is it safe? What if my phone crash. What if I buy a new phone and need to transfer the wallet over? Is there any best practices for Trust Wallet. This is basically my entire fortune and I am trying to be as safe as possible
Actually, I do not think keeping the wallet on the phone is the right idea. It is safer to have it on your PC. Because sometimes your phone may not be in yourself or it can be stolen, which means you have lost all your funds.

If something happens to your phone, you will use the backup code provided to back it up to another device.

To be safe, you should keep the backup code in a safe place.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 07:39:33 AM

I think it's just safe as MEW mobile. They keep the private key locally and they give us the backup code that we can recover our wallet if we lost it on our phone.
I think it's really safe as a mobile wallet, but not safer than hardware wallet which we can access online
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 10:05:30 AM

The trust wallet is Binance's official wallet, so it will be trusted as it is held by a stable exchange. And its security depends on you, Avoid downloading or clicking not sure where to use it.

It is safe and you can trust your funds with that wallet. Its security will assure that your funds will not be taken that easily as long as you don't leaked any information of it. It is also user friendly, you can use it as easy as you can, because it was built as user friendly.

Yes this is what I mean, We must be careful when using any wallet, In order not to fall prey to hackers.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: