Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:47:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Development shouldn't be used as a way to announce your service.  (Read 199 times)
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2019, 09:19:22 PM
Merited by DooMAD (2), pooya87 (1), hd49728 (1)

I see a lot of threads like these in Project Development -

Coinsbee.com - Buy gift cards with about 50 crypto currencies! - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5182163.0

Ethconomy.io - Buy Everyday Goods and Services Using Crypto at a Discount - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5193584.0

directBit.org - Buy bitcoins easily and super fast! - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5193180.0

I am curious as to what the staff team's opinion is on these threads? If they are allowed to belong in Project Development, what differentiates these threads in such a way that allows them to be posted there rather than in Currency Exchange, Goods, Service Announcements - forums that are dare I say intended for this purpose?

Of course if a staff member comes and says that they in fact should be in different sections, then from now on I'll happily start reporting threads like those mentioned.

Project Development is my favourite section on the forums because it's a good way to find topics that actually interest me, amongst the cesspool of topics created simply to provide an easy opportunity for people to farm posts for signature campaigns. I think that there should definitely be an implicit requirement that if you post there you must actually be actively developing something and perhaps seeking feedback. It shouldn't just be a way for people to get another thread announcing their finished or even near-finished product.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Julian ogan

Activity: 87
Merit: 27

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 05:45:33 AM

Project Development is a board for -
"Organization of Bitcoin and related projects, bounty campaigns, advertising etc."

As per my understanding, this can be treated as an advertisement -
Coinsbee.com - Buy gift cards with about 50 crypto currencies! - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5182163.0

This one should be under Goods and Service as you said -
Ethconomy.io - Buy Everyday Goods and Services Using Crypto at a Discount - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5193584.0

And this comes under Service Announcement or Service discussion section -
directBit.org - Buy bitcoins easily and super fast! - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5193180.0

In my opinion, these threads should be moved to the specific sections where it fits.

DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2019, 09:48:26 AM

I've reported all three to see how the staff team handles them. I'll post here which ones come back as good reports and which ones come back as bad, I'm hoping all of them come back as good so that I can lock this thread and simply report any threads like those from now on, if some of them come back as bad then this thread will lobby for that to change. Project Development could be such an awesome forum section, but it's pretty much just used for advertisement right now!

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 12:36:35 PM

All three belong in Service Announcements because they're redirecting its potential customers to do business via their websites, except for Ethconomy which if it doesn't allow to pay with BTC should be moved to its altcoin equivalent of Service Announcements.

Signature space available for rent.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2019, 03:00:52 PM

Perhaps the lack of mods for that section is what made many things use that board to spread more spam or reposting for promotion.
I remember that the same thing happened in the press sub-board where it was used to promote a lot of services that repeat the news or post useless news.
Regardless of the posts you mentioned, that board is good compared to others.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2019, 03:01:50 PM

All three belong in Service Announcements because they're redirecting its potential customers to do business via their websites, except for Ethconomy which if it doesn't allow to pay with BTC should be moved to its altcoin equivalent of Service Announcements.
In that case I'm going to start aggressively reporting these kinds of threads, especially when they're just duplicates of Service Announcement threads. Really sucks to see a good section get filled up with announcement spam and it's been going on for a while now.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: