Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:45:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is "Merit" and "ranking" -a special gold and silver meant few on BTT?  (Read 286 times)
bobelr (OP)

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2019, 01:57:22 PM
Merited by tk808 (1)

I have been up and running lately on Bitcointalk cos of the much like i have for it, even mere the name is a turn on for me. After skimming through the community rules, I couldn't assimilate a part that deals with "the merit and ranking". So, I thought asking on here would give me the perfect answer i seek.

More so, I see often, some newbies having good amount of merits and wondered how they got it even while my activity is more than theirs. I am here to ask if anyone can please open my eyes to what i need to do to earn some merits or something I just need to lodge some cryptos and have my account overflown with it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1526
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 02:02:47 PM

You can read this if you want to know more about the merit system
FAQ: Everything you need to know about forum 'activity, account ranks and merit
merit has nothing to do with cryptos.
ansi

Activity: 882
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 02:37:28 PM

Well the merit thing is Good & Bad (advantages / disadvantages on the forum) at the same time(yep it' bad too in my opinion).

How is that?

- Merit i Good: since it controls the spam posts that members make just to get that rank of their membership without caring about the quality. It controls the selling / buying of BitCointalk memberships since it will be harder & harder for those to rank the memberships they wanna sell.

- Merit i Bad: it's bad because once you know it's all linked to merit in the first place to get that next membership rank, which make it really hard, you kind of loose hope.

Why Getting merit is really hard?
Well it's because the members that have merits are kind of " Stingy "giving it even for good posts with quality.

Besides some other people don't even know that keeping those merits (the portion they don't need) won't benefit their membership rank anymore.
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 02:54:42 PM

I have been up and running lately on Bitcointalk cos of the much like i have for it, even mere the name is a turn on for me. After skimming through the community rules, I couldn't assimilate a part that deals with "the merit and ranking". So, I thought asking on here would give me the perfect answer i seek.

More so, I see often, some newbies having good amount of merits and wondered how they got it even while my activity is more than theirs. I am here to ask if anyone can please open my eyes to what i need to do to earn some merits or something I just need to lodge some cryptos and have my account overflown with it?
How about one day you will just see that you have a merit or more, only if you contribute on this forum though, what are you good at? there must be something you are good at that can help others, security, troubleshoots, idealism etc ,if you contribute or help others you will surely get ranked up
TaliskerDarkStorm

Activity: 1106
Merit: 273

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 03:10:55 PM

Bitcointalk's merit system is functioning very well. What I'm wondering is whether the number of Merit on the platform is stable. If it is constant, these merits will be much more valuable in the future. Because everything on this platform is on a voluntary basis and the system works quite well.

The more merit you have, the higher your rank, and the higher your rank, the more money you can earn through signatures.

A system that encourages users to produce quality content.
plast555

Activity: 951
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 04:10:33 PM
Merited by tk808 (1)

The Merit system is something that is given on a voluntary basis to people who produce useful content in the forum. Producing quality content, not activism, plays a key role in order to receive Merit. Threads that specifically benefit other users, inform them, and offer new opportunities for them are often more often awarded with merit.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 04:24:31 PM

Merit is based on the quality of your posts and is almost entirely subjective. I've awarded you some merit based on this post and 1 other post that had decent quality, but most of your activity and posting is limited to bounty campaigns or talking about specific alt-coins (which I don't merit users on).

All in all, the best way to earn merit is through Bitcointalk Meta. On a regular basis, i award many users merit in Alt-discussions (this sub-forum) for quality of posts or engaging discussions.

Some other users have posted resources in this thread for you to understand the system further.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2019, 04:33:54 PM

haha been a while since i seen a "how do i earn this here merit?" thread, Welcome newbie Smiley
Merit ya is just a forum thing, honestly i wouldn't even worry about it
it's just something that you will just randomly acquire as you meaningfully contribute to conversations here Smiley

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 04:35:14 PM

The merit system is pretty heavy stuff. Users have limited supply of sMerrit, I had ran out within a few days of receiving it when the system was first introduced and it was never replenished. I see a lot of good posts and threads but can't tip them merit because I don't have any  Huh. It really pushes the user to improve their post quality and grind to move up in rank. I have given up on chasing merit, but I still try to practice the Due Diligence of improving my post quality regardless.

Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 05:07:55 PM

Just do what you are doing now, This is the way you will have merit, Just post and join conversations that will give you the opportunity to share what you know and help others too. And to thank you they will give you merit.

This is not particularly difficult if you know what you are doing and you have no violations of the law in our forum.
bobelr (OP)

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2019, 10:53:50 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2019, 03:15:17 PM by mprep

You can read this if you want to know more about the merit system
FAQ: Everything you need to know about forum 'activity, account ranks and merit
merit has nothing to do with cryptos.

Thank you for sharing. i actually wasn't trying to correlate it to crypto but was just noticing in influence on here.

The Merit system is something that is given on a voluntary basis to people who produce useful content in the forum. Producing quality content, not activism, plays a key role in order to receive Merit. Threads that specifically benefit other users, inform them, and offer new opportunities for them are often more often awarded with merit.

Oh wow! I got that now. But for a start, who has merit to give to others? if i want to merit a post, and I don't have any, can I buy to merit someone or i'll have to wait until I am being merited and can merit others?

Just do what you are doing now, This is the way you will have merit, Just post and join conversations that will give you the opportunity to share what you know and help others too. And to thank you they will give you merit.

This is not particularly difficult if you know what you are doing and you have no violations of the law in our forum.

Thank you for this. i wish I can merit this as well.

How about one day you will just see that you have a merit or more, only if you contribute on this forum though, what are you good at? there must be something you are good at that can help others, security, troubleshoots, idealism etc ,if you contribute or help others you will surely get ranked up

Now I see that. A good heastart for me. Thank you.

The merit system is pretty heavy stuff. Users have limited supply of sMerrit, I had ran out within a few days of receiving it when the system was first introduced and it was never replenished. I see a lot of good posts and threads but can't tip them merit because I don't have any  Huh. It really pushes the user to improve their post quality and grind to move up in rank. I have given up on chasing merit, but I still try to practice the Due Diligence of improving my post quality regardless.

Encouraging! I was just curious trying to know how exactly to get it cos i wish to reward some posts in here. I have seen good posts that i wish to reward  but i have none. Thank you for sharing.

haha been a while since i seen a "how do i earn this here merit?" thread, Welcome newbie Smiley
Merit ya is just a forum thing, honestly i wouldn't even worry about it
it's just something that you will just randomly acquire as you meaningfully contribute to conversations here Smiley

Lol, hilarious. Thank you for the thumb up. Much appreciation.
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1209

Heisenberg

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 11:16:36 AM

The rule is simple. Just make quality posts and also try to help other members. Merit will come to you anytime.

Just a word of advice.  You don't have to make consecutive posts for each reply. You can quote different replies in one post and answer each of them in one post.
What you just did up there could be considered spamming and it makes the thread untidy and hard to follow for readers

█████████████████████████████
█████████▀     ▄██ ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄▀▀▄█████████▄▀▀▄██████
███▄▄█▀▄██████▀ ▀████▄▀█▀ ▀██
██▀▀█▌▐█   ▀▀▀   █████▌▐█  ██
██  █ ███▄▄▄      ▀▀▀▀█ █  ██
██  █▌▐████▌         ▄▌▐█████
███▄██▄▀█████▄   ▄▄██▀▄█ ▀███
████▀ ▀▄▄▀███▀    █▀▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄ ▄█████
████████▄▄██       ██████████
         ▄██▄     ▄
        █████   ▄████
       █████▌  █████▌
      ██████████████
     ███▀█████▀██▀████▄
   ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████
 ▄▄██████▄██▄▄██████▄█▀
▐██████████████████████▄
 ▀████████         ████▀
   ▀███████▄     ▄███▀
    ███████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████
▄▄███████████████████▄
               ▄███▄
            ▄████████

▄▄██████████
       █▀▀▀██▀▀▀████
      ███████████
    ▀▀▀████████████
      ▀███████████▀
      ▄███████████▄
 ▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀   ▄
▀▀█▀▀
███████████▀▀▀█▀▀
    ████████████████
    ████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄
..PLAY NOW..
       ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
     ████████████████
 ▄▄▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
▀█████████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ▄█▄      ██
    ▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄          ▄▄
    ▄▄▄███▄▄▄    ▄ ▄ ▄ ▀▀
     ▀ ▄█▄ ▀  ▀▄█ ▀█▀ █▄▀
    ▄▄  ▀     ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀        ▀██▀▀█▀▀██▀
         ██   ▀ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ ▀
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 11:35:49 AM

I guess you realized by now that merits aren't based on activity. You could have 1000 activity and still have zero merits. Follow the suggestions made by tk808 and jerometash. Don't listen to people who say getting merit is hard, you won't gain anything from that. Perhaps you can also read stories of other members on how they ranked up on this link  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100307.0

I read some here saying it's hard to get merits, why not submit here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5093271.0 if you believe your posts deserves to be merited.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2019, 01:09:37 PM

While you're at it, might as well follow some rules to make sure your post doesn't get deleted by the mods. For example, posting multiple times in a row is not allowed.

The forum rules thread should be easy to find. It's pinned on the Meta board.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
BITCOIN4X
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1150

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 02:34:11 AM

Don't be afraid and pessimistic, you just need to know this. In the bitcointalk forum there are 131 service sources with a total generation of up to 21045 sMerit for each month. They are shared in almost all sections of the forum and will clearly provide merit to anyone who has the right to get them. You only need to do the best of what you have. The knowledge, experience you get in forums and various sources will make you the best "possible". Create posts that are useful for others, try to help other users of the problem and maybe they will be happy to give you merit.

Look at these people, they are the most generous people to distribute merit to all forum communities. Therefore, don't be afraid and you just need to start doing your best.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=topsendat

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Julian ogan

Activity: 87
Merit: 27

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 03:56:24 AM

Merits are given by the other members of the forum for the good quality posts you do. For Ranking you need both activities and Merits. Check the Ranking system below -

Brand New: 0 posts - 0 merit
Newbie: 1-29 activity - 0 merit
Jr. Member: 30-59 activity - 1 merit
Member:   60-119 activity - 10 merits
Full Member: 120-239 activity - 100 merits
Sr. Member: 240-479 activity - 250 merits
Hero Member: 480 activity - 500 merits
Legendary: Somewhere between 775 and 1030 activity -1000 merits

Activities and Merits are different and are not related to each other. Activities will be based on the number of posts you do. You can get 14 activities every fortnightly period. Activity is calculated using this formula -
activity = min(time * 14, posts)

Don't think about merits. You will get merits if you do some quality posts. Post some useful topics, spend some time to contribute on the forum, help the users by answering their queries. This will automatically get you merits.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: