Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:15:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Projects and Bounty . Way forward??  (Read 4411 times)
baeva2

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 09:04:38 PM

Fraud projects continue to exist, their number has now decreased significantly, but they still exist and are not easy to recognize. You must continue to carefully study the project before you take part in it and leave the project at the slightest suspicion of fraud. Nothing more we can do - just wait for the settlement of the ICO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 10:32:24 PM

The Cryptocurrency space isn't yet as regulated as it should be and as long as it keeps being the wild west, there is absolutely nothing anybody can do about it, ofcourse bounty hunters could protest against any campaign that doesn't pay them but some project owners just don't care once the fundraising stage has been completed.

In view of this, the only thing we can do is to protect ourselves. We have a lot of cases of scam, which means we have a lot of experience regarding situations in which so many people were deceived.
We must disseminate as much information as possible regarding scam projects and collect data. After all, when the full regulation of the crypto market comes, these data can help in one degree or another return the funds to their owners.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
zhengqi

Activity: 632
Merit: 60

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 10:50:40 PM

The only way to reduce fraud in bounty companies is to learn to identify them and not participate in such a project. That's all we can do. We cannot prevent it completely.

swivel1983@gmail.com

Activity: 645
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 11:16:37 PM

Scammers do not have the same profit as before. Because people have become smarter and they are in no hurry to carry money in suspicious projects. In this regard, even good projects have difficulties with raising funds. But bounty fraud is almost impossible to stop. Because many projects don't pay bounty hunters because they fail to realize their ideas and get enough money to develop the product.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 08:03:32 AM

Both scam projects and scam hunters are to blame for this... bounty hunters should demand more assurances like for example escrow budget, or KYC from the team when they require ours, etc...
and projects should have good bounty managers that take care of all those people playing bounty that do a very bad job
Both need to evolve in order for things to get better
Nowadays, I am checking the projects so much that I end up not participating in lmost anything... but it is better than be scammed in a lot of projects

How can that be? even though many hunters would have love to require the bounty pool to be escrow it still doesn't make any difference, what is the essence of an escrow on a worthless token? if the project owners run away with the little amount they generated and left the project unattended to, refuse to list the tokens in any exchange, of what benefit is the token to you even if the token where escrow?

Escrow can only be required when the payment is in btc or eth, if not it is a waste of time demanding escrow when the payment will be paid with the project tokens, i doubt if your current campaign pool is on escrow but you still participate anyways, so there is little anyone can do to fight scam, you can always do due diligent but sometimes it still not enough, it is a very difficult situation now.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 04:02:06 PM

So far this year , a lot of scams have occurred in the crypto sphere ranging from projects scamming investors and as well as projects not paying hunters for their works.

What do you think can be done to counter this ill manner behaviors that has been painting cryptocurency bad?
I think that the only option we can think of right now is the regulation from government which I still don’t think that we can get. If there is regulation, then we can get protection for the investors against scammers and also protection for bounty hunter because most of the project that will start existing are projects that will be properly be verified by the government and any project that is not verified may be termed as scam project, but that is a wishful thinking and like I said, I don’t think we will be getting this.

The only hope we would have also gotten right now is that of IEO because those to exchanges are still trying their possible best to ensure that they have a project that they can trust on their platform, but for that one, there is no chance for bounty hunters to make any money. The only option right now is that we keep doing our research and ensure that the project that we get to invest in are projects that are worth our time with their real use case products.
valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 05:01:22 PM

what can be done right now is to sort out fraudulent projects yourself, especially if you only focus on bounty hunting as a good example if finding bounties with a very high scam indication makes accusations in this forum or articles are things that can help
CryptoVzla

Activity: 560
Merit: 290

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 05:31:19 PM

so far i have been joined a lot of bounty , i can say only 3/10 bounty will sure pay u , the rest is not so good , some of them paying but they not manage the project anymore so the coin will not listed on exchanger.
some of them also didn't pay u anything , but i think the way is just analyzing the project , like reading whitepaper , and check about their profile , i think there is some thread list about scam ICO , so i think u can check it , i think someone already post about the thread , u can check it in page 1.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
toast

Activity: 1582
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 05:39:35 PM

The effective way of avoiding scam projects is getting smart, be strict with every projects that claim they have something to offer investors, do thorough research before making decisions and do not invest more than you can afford to lose
currently many investors are traumatized and afraid to follow the gifts and projects that exist because many projects that end in fraud, must be very careful in analyzing the project sometimes by including a team that is very professional in the field of crypto currency that does not guarantee the project is successful and can benefit

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 06:16:22 PM

so far i have been joined a lot of bounty , i can say only 3/10 bounty will sure pay u , the rest is not so good , some of them paying but they not manage the project anymore so the coin will not listed on exchanger.
some of them also didn't pay u anything , but i think the way is just analyzing the project , like reading whitepaper , and check about their profile , i think there is some thread list about scam ICO , so i think u can check it , i think someone already post about the thread , u can check it in page 1.
Even after analysing everything, a project can still scam you by not paying your earned bounty rewards if the ICO/IEO didn't run as expected. It's better to join BTC bounties these days instead of many non paying campaigns.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 06:26:56 PM

Even after analysing everything, a project can still scam you by not paying your earned bounty rewards if the ICO/IEO didn't run as expected. It's better to join BTC bounties these days instead of many non paying campaigns.
although there are still many shortcomings in analyzing the project and it is still possible to scam, but for now, only that is the best way to minimize the risk that can be obtained in supporting a project. Well, I quite agree that to avoid project scams, it's better to support projects that pay with bitcoin, or try to find projects that already have a market to trade.

but for now, research still needs to be done, and that is the right way to find out a project before following it.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Christinebeauty
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 06:38:20 PM

The best possible thing that hunters can do is to be selective in the kind of projects they choose to promote. Either than that, there is little hunters can do to punish those who take them for granted. Because crypto itself is not legally accepted in most countries so how will hunters take any legal actions against such projects

CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 07:11:47 PM

This happens just because of the market crash badly, investors are afraid they are already in the loss they are recovering their loses. Due to market condition projects failed to achieve their target that is why they don't pay anything to bounty hunters because they get nothing from ICO.
yulchatar

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 08:02:07 PM

I also participated in many bounty projects before, but now I have become selective. Although this doesn't always save from mistake. No matter how strong the team and the goal of the project, nonetheless, in many respects everything depends on the trust and the number of investors.
BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 08:07:18 PM

what can be done right now is to sort out fraudulent projects yourself, especially if you only focus on bounty hunting as a good example if finding bounties with a very high scam indication makes accusations in this forum or articles are things that can help
It is hard to figure out the fraudulent projects as most of the projects come out after learning how to fool and attract the investors and it is hard to suggest that the bounty hunters should understand those plots when they see some attractive budget and some feel good website and their dream plans , the only project we can trust are the one that has reputed members who have a history in creating open source projects and if those team want to seed funds to come up with some project then we must support them and not to people who have any background.
KnowelsB

Activity: 102
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 09:44:38 PM
Merited by adjed (1)

Truth is, we can't stop bounty but we can look out for how to fetch scam projects and stop them as bounty is a means of project publicity and a hunter may not know which is scam or not till its being discovered. All hunter look out for is coins.

█████     |       E3T.co       |       IEO on Dcoin       |    █████
───────              Connecting Global Entrepreneurs              ──────
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 10:08:50 PM

We are all waiting for the 2017 earnings to return, but this is unlikely to happen: then the scammers took advantage of the ignorance and ingenuity of the investors, who have practically all lost money, with very few exceptions.
Today, before investing in an ICO, anyone does extensive investigations and really evaluates the quality of a project.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
btcdie

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 10:42:36 PM

So far this year , a lot of scams have occurred in the crypto sphere ranging from projects scamming investors and as well as projects not paying hunters for their works.

What do you think can be done to counter this ill manner behaviors that has been painting cryptocurency bad?
So far I am still looking for the most effective way to fight scammers. while what I do against scammers now is by spreading the word to the public like on social media such as by tagging (the project ***** is a scam. beware of your assets. #SCAM_PROJECT # F ** K_ICO # NOT_REAL and others). in my opinion this is rather effective in minimizing investors and bounty hunters becoming victims of scam projects. of course before I spread the news I did an analysis first, until I found accurate evidence that the project was a scam.

Use platforms such as blogs, social media and others as accurate news spreaders. Okay..  Wink

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 11:03:10 PM

The most common is when project teams just device not to pay hunters.  Sometimes, the project team might have put all tokens in the possession bounty managers and yet he decides not to pay. This is why tokens are escrowed, to avoid being heated, yet bounty hunters still get into it.
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1186

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 11:49:15 PM

There are a lot of scam bounties in the altcoin section but its your fault to participate into them without checking the project, manager and if they actually have the budget in order to pay the participants. I had been myself in similar scenarios and since them I'm never going to participate into bounties who aren't have the necessary reserved budget of coins for the hunters as most of them simply announce the pool for bounty but after it ends they say " Oh, we're sorry but we didn't gather the sufficient funds in order to pay the bounty hunters".

Also please check this thread to see the most trusted bounty hunters on Bitcointalk --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4412712

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: