Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:44:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto prices, trades & volume in realtime excluding fake volume  (Read 763 times)
Dwynr (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 7

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 03:06:03 PM

It's a good attempt by a smaller company/single person to combat washed trading/market making/market manipulation, whatever new word they are using to call fake trade volumes - It seems like you are making a valid attempt to not counted the millions in faked volume, and even though I'm sure there will be some exchanges that can slip through, I congratulate you on your effort!

I do enjoy the design aspects of your listing site as well. Although I do get the feeling that text is hard to read, especially in dark mode and when you click a coin - the 4 boxes that are all black (black text, black background, etc) is really distracting and I don't enjoy it at all, maybe try it with white text?

Good luck mate, as long as this keeps being updated you'll have a banger on your side!

Some design elements are still temporary and will change once I found a more fitting attempt! I will also start developing a "day mode" with a white theme soon. Thanks a lot for your feedback.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dwynr (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 07:44:54 PM

Semi-huge update: You can now see liquidity of every asset (collected in realtime from all exchanges' orderbooks), sort tables by clicking their headers and see high volume transactions on selected blockchains (whale alert).
Order book viewing will be enabled soon (for every market).
Dwynr (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 08:33:46 AM

Update: The RESTful & Socket.io APIs are now fully documented (https://marketcap.cc/api). Both are completely for free and have no limits, because data should be free Smiley If you need a specific RESTful endpoint for your project don't hesitate to contact me, I'll try my best to include it into the API.
Dwynr (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 09:37:58 PM

Update: You can now see Liqudity of every market, exchange etc. instead of asset-based liqudity only. Ranking for Liquidity also added.
Dwynr (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 04:14:18 PM

"Update teaser": I am currently working on a full port of the website to an App. The App will be available for Android & iOS, starting with an Android Beta release first. Here is a screenshot of the work in progress:

aa7356

Activity: 24
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 11:08:44 AM

I never really trust the volume indicator even on exchanges ...

I prefer to do correlations on order book depth ...

to better explain my thoughts there is a good article here

But pundits know that trading volume is an unreliable metric. Almost every cryptocurrency exchange reports larger trading volumes than what they actually have.

On the other hand, order book data is significantly more trustworthy.

Source: https://www.hodlbot.io/blog/analysis-of-order-book-depth-on-binance
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 04:08:45 PM

But pundits know that trading volume is an unreliable metric. Almost every cryptocurrency exchange reports larger trading volumes than what they actually have.

On the other hand, order book data is significantly more trustworthy.

with that logic orderbook data is also equally untrustworthy since exchanges can easily fake that too. you can check out Yobit exchange for a live manipulation of literary everything. their orderbooks are also filled with orders that you can never fill even if you succeed in reaching them!

the thing is when it comes to analysis, you should use all these data together and also analyze the changes. then in the end know that your analysis is only a guideline to the most possible outcome not a prediction of future.

There is a FOMO brewing...
unbanked_peon

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 10:48:13 PM

A familiar look and feel. Congrats on executing your idea. That's what counts.

I think another member suggested that this would absolutely destroy your I/O if you were to take into concern your site blowing up. I can see niche/featured functions like this in something more private.

Always down to help. Good luck!
tinyteapot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 07:47:03 AM

I like the theme of your website, the titan dark color will not make looking for at it for so long to affect the eyes.
You website appear like www.bitcoinwisdom.io though you have more coins listed and you quote all their prices in USD which makes it easily understandable to non btc background visitor.
I will also appreciate if you can remove from your topic
excluding fake volume
because you only take your feeds from trading exchanges and there is no specific method for you to know which volume is real or fake since the trades are not been done directly on your website.
Dwynr (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 12:42:45 AM

A familiar look and feel. Congrats on executing your idea. That's what counts.

I think another member suggested that this would absolutely destroy your I/O if you were to take into concern your site blowing up. I can see niche/featured functions like this in something more private.

Always down to help. Good luck!

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, I already have the infrastructure ready for when there is big traffic coming, don't worry.
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 3142

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2019, 10:05:48 AM

this is great, it's funny how some exchanges report high volume.
But you still have only 15 exchanges in your algorithm which again does not provide accurate information.
Any idea of how to add more exchanges, although small, they still have a certain amount of trading

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Dwynr (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 03:56:20 PM

this is great, it's funny how some exchanges report high volume.
But you still have only 15 exchanges in your algorithm which again does not provide accurate information.
Any idea of how to add more exchanges, although small, they still have a certain amount of trading

The Data on the site is pretty much the most accurate you will get out there. We calculate Liquidity between real established markets with real volume. Exchanges on the list are picked for a reason. We don't inflate our stats with no name exchanges nobody ever heard of which are reporting billions of volume per day. Our list of exchanges is based on the BTI report to the US SEC. We might include new exchanges in the future tho.
Dwynr (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 08:47:36 PM

Great news! Google Play just approved the official App for MarketCap.cc. You can find it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cc.marketcap.app
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2019, 11:28:49 AM

I'm impressed. Your figures highlight just how much fake volume there is on CMC - something I've been telling peeps for years now - well done!

I'm still not sure about some of those exchanges figures though.... but good work nonetheless.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
Dwynr (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 08:50:33 PM

I'm impressed. Your figures highlight just how much fake volume there is on CMC - something I've been telling peeps for years now - well done!

I'm still not sure about some of those exchanges figures though.... but good work nonetheless.

I will tweak the algo in the future - mainly for Huobi and HitBTC, but thanks for your feedback!
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2019, 08:45:26 PM

I will tweak the algo in the future - mainly for Huobi and HitBTC, but thanks for your feedback!

Those were the two that I thought were still inflated, well spotted.....

Good work indeed.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
walerikus

Activity: 180
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2019, 06:17:58 PM

Hello!

I've been working on a website for a while now that shows trading volume and prices in realtime excluding wash trading.

My main incentive for creating this site was me getting sick of all the fake volume exchanges listed on CoinMarketCap.
I'm using a list of exchanges created by BTI (http://www.bti.live/exchanges/) and presented to the US SEC when they applied for the BTC ETF.
Some of the approved exchanges still include (+-5%) wash trading on a few pairs and thats why I also wrote an algorithm that mostly detects strange behaviour and filters it out.

The main difference between this site and all other price trackers is that it saves all trades made on the exchange in a Database and then calculates price and volume rather than just trusting the exchanges API.
The site also comes with a REST and WebSocket API for free which you can use to build your own tools (mostly trading bots, I guess).

Feel free to join the Discord (https://discord.gg/eEQq5PF) if you find a bug, have a question or want to submit a feature request! Smiley

The website is in active development so expect things to change.

Link: https://marketcap.cc

It would be nice if you could exclude fake cryptocurrencies also.

Semi-huge update: You can now see liquidity of every asset (collected in realtime from all exchanges' orderbooks), sort tables by clicking their headers and see high volume transactions on selected blockchains (whale alert).
Order book viewing will be enabled soon (for every market).

Update: The RESTful & Socket.io APIs are now fully documented (https://marketcap.cc/api). Both are completely for free and have no limits, because data should be free Smiley If you need a specific RESTful endpoint for your project don't hesitate to contact me, I'll try my best to include it into the API.

Update: You can now see Liqudity of every market, exchange etc. instead of asset-based liqudity only. Ranking for Liquidity also added.

"Update teaser": I am currently working on a full port of the website to an App. The App will be available for Android & iOS, starting with an Android Beta release first. Here is a screenshot of the work in progress:

Great news! Google Play just approved the official App for MarketCap.cc. You can find it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cc.marketcap.app

Jump to: