Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:44:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Idena is the first Proof-of-Person Blockchain  (Read 44070 times)
solosequenosenada

Activity: 952
Merit: 542

Freedom dies from suicide

View Profile
May 07, 2021, 03:28:42 PM

<...>

Or better, export your encrypted private key and validate from the idena website, you can even use your phone  browser in desktop mode.

https://app.idena.io

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
May 07, 2021, 09:26:50 PM

---------------------------

Idena Announcements, [07.05.21 17:53]
There is a new version of the Idena Desktop App available: 0.23.2

Changes:

Hard fork voting form
Add to calendar option
Prevent links in Oracle voting options
Update is recommended

Idena Announcements, [07.05.21 21:31]
Dear Idena community,

A new version of the Idena node 0.26.0 has been released. It’s a seamless hard fork update. Please update your node to vote for the upcoming changes. The node will start voting automatically on May 11.

Changes:

Encourage early invitations
Earning 1/6 of the invitee’s stake when terminating invitee account
Validation ceremony improvement (check sequential 5 blocks to finish validation ceremony)
Synchronization improvement (delayed offline penalties)
Introduce StoreToIpfsTx transactions
Oracle voting bug fix
See details and the seamless hard fork activation procedure in the blog post (Idena hard fork announcement: Early invitations | by Idena | Idena | Apr, 2021 | Medium).

Please update the node version. Once the hard fork is activated the mining nodes running the previous version will get a mining penalty in 1 hour.

jasta more

Activity: 224
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 01:21:51 PM

Can the validation times be extended for those of us that work 12 hour days? I couldnt participate today and I wont be able to on the next one either and its bumming me out.
Yeah just let them know when it suits you

pigeon47

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2021, 11:03:52 AM

What would be the best way to monitor if a vps mining node is up and working? I've seen you can sign up on idena.site for notifications, but i'd like to monitor my node directly
gost111

Activity: 1652
Merit: 382

View Profile
May 09, 2021, 11:15:30 AM

What would be the best way to monitor if a vps mining node is up and working? I've seen you can sign up on idena.site for notifications, but i'd like to monitor my node directly
There was a special bot in telegram that tracked the state of the node ,but unfortunately I don't remember its name, ask in the telegram group, there should be a hint  Wink
pigeon47

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2021, 02:42:43 PM

There was a special bot in telegram that tracked the state of the node ,but unfortunately I don't remember its name, ask in the telegram group, there should be a hint  Wink

thanks! will check it out
idenato
Copper Member

Activity: 3
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2021, 03:54:23 PM
Merited by realRioda (4)

Hey,

Did research on Idena lately and quite amazed by the concept and implementation. Thinking it would be nice to have a simple and well curated list of relevant links, so I have set up the "Idena Link Directory". It has a wide selection of Idena related resources and aims to be useful for beginners and advanced users alike. If you have a link worth adding, you can submit it directly in the about section for review.

Looking forward for feedback and link submissions, the website is idena.to

Idena Link Directory: https://idena.to
MMOStars

Activity: 248
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 09, 2021, 04:01:30 PM

After having a chit chat with the devs, I still couldn't understand how they can not adopt the blockchain for number of validators and validators that miss the validation sessions.

Atm if you miss your validation you lose 80% of earnings which, if you get like X rank, you can miss 2 sessions etc without losing coins.

Did I also say that you need to be invited to become a validator? Ow yeah, maybe now this sounds like a mfking pyramid scheme bullshit to anyone?

Proof of concept aint bad, but the execution with pyramid scheme is not something I'm getting into.
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
May 10, 2021, 08:40:10 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2021, 08:52:27 AM by aleix

After having a chit chat with the devs, I still couldn't understand how they can not adopt the blockchain for number of validators and validators that miss the validation sessions.

The network validation at the same time is the core principle of the Idena system. We all prove that we are humans, this makes impossible to trick the system. I understand this can be impossible to do for some people for personal reasons.

Atm if you miss your validation you lose 80% of earnings which, if you get like X rank, you can miss 2 sessions etc without losing coins.

This is a system to prevent the users to "kill" his own identity and start again in the network. I know this can sound crazy, but it makes sense, do a little research about it.

Did I also say that you need to be invited to become a validator? Ow yeah, maybe now this sounds like a mfking pyramid scheme bullshit to anyone?

Proof of concept aint bad, but the execution with pyramid scheme is not something I'm getting into.

Nobody is asking you for any money, the network uses its own coin which is listed in various exchanges. Mining is free, all network participants mine the same amount btw, this is not PoS.  

The invitation method is a system to prevent an unsustained network growth. We have now 8097 valid nodes linked to a human. No sybil attack possible, but the devs are planning a sharding deployment soon. We are growing  a 8-10% every epoch.

Forget doge or other crap, Idena is truly revolutionary. Time will tell.
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1622

View Profile
May 10, 2021, 09:10:34 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2021, 10:24:51 AM by Tytanowy Janusz

Not everything that requires invitations is a pyramid scheme. For example inviting your parents for your wedding ...

"In exchange, the organization promises its new members a share of the money taken from every additional member that they recruit. "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_scheme

Idena does not take any money from new members. So its not a pyramid shame. New members (miners) takes money from Idena.

2 validations per epoch = everyone will validate twice = everyone will have 2 accounts.
Abcdefghijklmnzzz

Activity: 140
Merit: 35

View Profile
May 10, 2021, 01:58:29 PM

Not everything that requires invitations is a pyramid scheme. For example inviting your parents for your wedding ...

"In exchange, the organization promises its new members a share of the money taken from every additional member that they recruit. "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_scheme

Idena does not take any money from new members. So its not a pyramid shame. New members (miners) takes money from Idena.

2 validations per epoch = everyone will validate twice = everyone will have 2 accounts.

MMOStars reference was probably to how a person needs to join 'the group' in order to participate, something which is often used in pyramid schemes, multi level marketing etc.

There are differences in perception and style across different regions with regard to business models.

Idena at its base is trying to do something extremely important for the coin economy i.e., bring human intelligence into directing mining. It is necessary, and the only step to counter the proliferation of fake corporate ai that is developing from state sponsored corporate bad ai actors like Google. The person who controls Idena obviously is aware of that aspect.

The specific way that Idena is organized would strike some westerners as suspicious. That doesn't mean it's a scam, it just means that in the west people who want to run a scam often use a certain style which is used in this coin.

~

Bitcoin was started using a scammy architecture which initially gave most bitcoin that will ever exist to a small number of people, before the first halving, and those people understood implicitly that if they kept the supply tight they could use their control to pump the coin very high. Does that mean bitcoin is a scam? Some people would say yes. You don't start a real currency by issuing most of the money supply in the first few years to yourself and your crew.

Idena looks to be in more or less a similar situation. It is not entirely above board, it isn't run in a way that is entirely perfect. But it tries, like several other coins have in the past, to jumpstart the digital economy to its next logical step.

Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2021, 03:57:37 PM

The specific way that Idena is organized would strike some westerners as suspicious. That doesn't mean it's a scam, it just means that in the west people who want to run a scam often use a certain style which is used in this coin.

You are wrong. Invitations are made to avoid situation in which someone is spamming network with thousands of new nodes (bots) each epoch validating 30% of them going random with each flip. New miner is not buying anything from idena or from invitator. New miner is not source of current miners income. Its the oposite of that. More miners = less coins for single miner. If someone calls this system being similar to Ponzi scheme only because of invitation existance... he needs to read what Ponzi scheme is or go to see a doctor.

Bitcoin was started using a scammy architecture which initially gave most bitcoin that will ever exist to a small number of people, before the first halving, and those people understood implicitly that if they kept the supply tight they could use their control to pump the coin very high. Does that mean bitcoin is a scam? Some people would say yes. You don't start a real currency by issuing most of the money supply in the first few years to yourself and your crew.

Damn... sometimes I'm shocked at how some people's brains work.

Abcdefghijklmnzzz

View Profile
May 10, 2021, 05:40:00 PM

You are wrong. Invitations are made to avoid situation in which someone is spamming network with thousands of new nodes (bots) each epoch validating 30% of them going random with each flip. New miner is not buying anything from idena or from invitator. New miner is not source of current miners income. Its the oposite of that. More miners = less coins for single miner. If someone calls this system being similar to Ponzi scheme only because of invitation existance... he needs to read what Ponzi scheme is or go to see a doctor.

You are totally misunderstanding me.

I support the basic project you are doing. It's important to shift coins away from people being able to mine based on how much equipment they can afford. Human mining is the future for a lot of reasons.

That said, there are different styles in different places. The specific way Idena is promoting itself probably won't do well in certain countries because in certain countries that style is associated with frauds.

Am I saying Idena is a fraud? No.

What am I saying? Read the sentence again.

"The specific way Idena is promoting itself probably won't do well in certain countries because in certain countries that style is associated with frauds."

If you want to promote Idena in certain places you would need to have a different style which did not trigger scam warnings in certain places. That's all.

Damn... sometimes I'm shocked at how some people's brains work.

I'm guessing you are trying to disagree or insult or whatever.

Were most bitcoin distributed to the few people who knew about it before November 28, 2012? Yes.

There will be a total of 21 million btc, and 10.5 million were created up to the first halving in 2012. So most bitcoin went to a pretty small group of people who then pumped it, in part because they knew they controlled most of the coins and could pump it as high as they wanted.

If you want to create a fair currency you do not give 50% of the total supply to yourself and your friends. Satoshi Nakamoto himself has 500,000+ btc.

That's just the truth.

examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 3148

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2021, 08:51:13 PM

"The specific way Idena is promoting itself probably won't do well in certain countries because in certain countries that style is associated with frauds."

If you want to promote Idena in certain places you would need to have a different style which did not trigger scam warnings in certain places. That's all.

to me, your explanation seems rather confusing. You still not explained, how exactly you connected Idena coin with any fraud possibility? what is it that sets it apart from more as a possibility of fraud compared to Dogecoin or Litecoin, for example?
On which way of promoting exactly you mean here?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Abcdefghijklmnzzz

View Profile
May 10, 2021, 10:30:30 PM

to me, your explanation seems rather confusing. You still not explained, how exactly you connected Idena coin with any fraud possibility? what is it that sets it apart from more as a possibility of fraud compared to Dogecoin or Litecoin, for example?
On which way of promoting exactly you mean here?

Dogecoin was started by people who specifically wanted to try to pump it even though they admitted 100% that it was a pure marketing game.

Litecoin is just a knockoff of bitcoin with a different algorithm and a faster blocktime more practical for a currency.

Both of those are shitcoins that add nothing useful and definitely nothing worth billions of dollars.

Both of those were released with a very strongly 'decentralized' theme. Nobody knows or cares if their neighbor bought or didn't buy, nobody joins any group to get involved with those currencies etc.

The other side is

Your coin, Idena.

Actually does try to start something which is a big step and very important.

Like moto, huc, neu and some others, a very difficult to solve problem. How do you get human mining without bots overwhelming the system.

Huc tried, failed. Moto tried, failed. Neu tried, failed.

No matter who fails it's still the most important thing that the coin economy shifts from rig mining, you can mine depending how much mining equipment you can afford, to human mining, you can mine according to how much work you want to do. A random person in Botswanaland or some remote country can mine as much as anybody if they want to work at the computer. It doesn't matter if you can afford expensive mining equipment.

So the base of your coin is something that anybody should support.

The problem is the way you try to solve what other coins have not been able to do. You have a sort of centralized system which requires people connect directly to somebody else in the network. If one weak link gets in your network then it can introduce more and more of whatever the weakness you are trying to eliminate by creating a network. Worse, the initial link in the network is an unknown. In crypto so far there have been a high number of anonymous people who have started brilliant projects then disappeared.

So Idena is

1) Following a necessary step in the coin economy

2) But in a way that has been associated with scams in the past

Does that mean it's a scam?

No, it means it might be. There is one or a few people who have the means to cash out the entire Idena economy instantly and fly to Rio if they want. Litecoin and doge are utter shitcoins, but they have no such vulnerability.

The person who started Idena made some very insightful comments about ai, so he or she obviously knows the significance of a coin like this. Why anonymous? It's possible they are 100% sincere and just doing the best anybody can, it's possible they are worried about ending up like Mikhail Sindeyev who started a similar coin outside the control of corporate/government control, it's possible they are a smart person who crafted an elaborate scam, it's possible etc etc etc

I wish the coin well and follow it and prefer it over dogecoin or litecoin, but common sense says be cautious unless and until it decentralizes in such a way that it has more transparency

Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 07:52:21 AM

I support the basic project you are doing. It's important to shift coins away from people being able to mine based on how much equipment they can afford. Human mining is the future for a lot of reasons.

The fact that you support project does not mean that you can call every round object you see an apple no matter if its not even a fruit.

That said, there are different styles in different places. The specific way Idena is promoting itself probably won't do well in certain countries because in certain countries that style is associated with frauds.

In some countries ... by those who dont know what they are talking about. Those people are not that clever to even pass validation so I don't care that they will not join the network.

Yes to disagree, yes to insult and yes to whatever else.

BTC in 2012 was after first bubble. It was not few people. It was hundreds of thousands people that knew about bitcoin that days. Even mass media was talking about bitcoin in 2011... first halving was in November 2012. Even Forbes:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2011/10/10/the-crypto-currency
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2011/oct/18/bitcoin-value-crash-cryptocurrency
https://www.forbes.com/forbes/2011/0509/technology-psilocybin-bitcoins-gavin-andresen-crypto-currency.html?sh=3be58c83353e
https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2011/06/bitcoin-currency-salary-thief-drug-website/336575/

Unsoldier
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1314

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 12:34:35 PM

Dear Idena community,

The hard fork has been successfully activated at the block number 2849715.
Make sure you're running the latest node version 0.26.0.

Please update your node. Outdated versions of the mining nodes will get mining penalty.

https://t.me/IdenaAnnouncements/782

There is a new version of the Idena node available: 0.26.1

Changes:
- Bug fixes

Please update

https://t.me/IdenaAnnouncements/783

Abcdefghijklmnzzz

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 04:54:07 PM

The fact that you support project does not mean that you can call every round object you see an apple no matter if its not even a fruit.

An interesting saying, can't find any references to it in English on Google. Is that a common saying in another language "...call every round object an apple..." or did you invent it just now?

In some countries ... by those who dont know what they are talking about. Those people are not that clever to even pass validation so I don't care that they will not join the network.

It's not a matter of 'passing validation', it's a matter of having to 'join' a private network in order to participate. One of the big selling points for decentralization is that there not be a power which decides who can have money and who cannot. A strong case can be made by either side. There are always undesireables that 'we' have to exclude so they remain under our thumb and don't become dangerous.

Yes to disagree, yes to insult and yes to whatever else.

BTC in 2012 was after first bubble. It was not few people. It was hundreds of thousands people that knew about bitcoin that days. Even mass media was talking about bitcoin in 2011... first halving was in November 2012. Even Forbes:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2011/10/10/the-crypto-currency
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2011/oct/18/bitcoin-value-crash-cryptocurrency
https://www.forbes.com/forbes/2011/0509/technology-psilocybin-bitcoins-gavin-andresen-crypto-currency.html?sh=3be58c83353e
https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2011/06/bitcoin-currency-salary-thief-drug-website/336575/

There was a brief blip in public interest in June 2011, then back to zero interest until 2013

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=bitcoin

In 2013 the U.S. shut down Liberty Reserve to push their clientele to bitcoin, and that was the first big boost bitcoin got.

Bitcoin has been heavily promoted behind the scenes by governments, and it isn't clear why. Even with that heavy promotion, people were not really interested until it took off in 2017.

A digital economy is important, and the only way it will take off is through coins that actually develop that economy and do something useful. Human mining is useful, math, science etc useful.

Republikcoin.com
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1102

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 10:50:18 PM

The Delegation mining feature has been around for a few epochs, but I just tried it today.
Does activating Delegation mining carry a bad risk such as the possibility of losing a stake or locked balance for a Newbie account? This notification appeared when I started to shift the Delegation button to active mode, so what should be avoided so that we can still get maximum income from IDENA mining?

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
realRioda

Activity: 173
Merit: 79

https://idena.site

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2021, 05:14:38 PM

This notification appeared when I started to shift the Delegation button to active mode, so what should be avoided so that we can still get maximum income from IDENA mining?
It's there to warn you that you should not delegate mining to the node that you don't trust fully.

------

Regarding previous discussion, how did you guys manage to missunderstand Abvdksfjkfjk guy? He was talking about psychology effect that you can have by presenting certain type project (invitation based) to certain people.

------

In other news. EDM made Idena promo video, check it out  Shocked

Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 »
  Print  

Jump to: