Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:48:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Must read articles for understanding bitcoin and cryptocurrency  (Read 234 times)
elyorman (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 102
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 08:29:26 AM

Although there's tons of information about bitcoin and crypto, for many beginners it's still a big challenge to figure out it clearly. I would suggest to those beginners (even people with some knowledge also would find it useful i think) to read this very handy article.
the link to the article: https://www.nateliason.com/blog/bitcoin-crypto-reading-list

LIUM    ▬▬  Liberation from Intermediates, Unlimited Merit  ▬▬   
  ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter Medium LinkedIn

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Husna QA
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 2852

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 10:12:36 AM
Merited by Mahanton (1)

-snip-
The basic thing for beginners to know what bitcoin is, I think the following authentic links are more relevant to learn first before continuing to other lessons:
Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System - Satoshi Nakamoto
https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

AverageGlabella
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 11:16:23 AM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

-snip-
The basic thing for beginners to know what bitcoin is, I think the following authentic links are more relevant to learn first before continuing to other lessons:
Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System - Satoshi Nakamoto
https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

The whitepaper is not useful for a beginner at all the concepts and jargon that is in that whitepaper is not going to be useful for someone with no computer background. Its a horrible example and should probably be rewritten for beginners in mind. There are many different resources to learning about Bitcoin but the whitepaper is not one for learning. Its got information about how the Bitcoin system will work and the hints to the goals but does not have a step by step process to help beginners understand the software or the concept. Blocks and transactions will make no sense to newbies as it does not go in depth enough about some of the more fundamental parts of Bitcoin instead it gives a overview of the concept.
Polina_21

Activity: 80
Merit: 39

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 11:33:35 AM

There are many articles and guides about Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency that we can get it easily by googling it. Also, there are few threads created on Bitcointalk as well. You can read about Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency from here -

Wexnident

Activity: 2506
Merit: 628

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 12:19:54 PM

I'd rather recommend books bout bitcoin rather than articles or whitepapers. Books imo are much more friendly when it comes to making the user understand different technical terms new to them like "Early bird getd the Bitcoin" by Andrew Courey.
You can look up a lot of beginner books that break down the complicated parts of bitcoin and should be rather useful to beginners. At the very least, it tackles everything about the basics that a newbie would need to study about.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 2168

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 12:32:42 PM
Merited by CryptopreneurBrainboss (2)

The basic thing for beginners to know what bitcoin is...

Before that, they would need to understand what the blockchain is, as it is the platform that allows the transfer of Bitcoin. In my opinion, there is no basic information, just bits and pieces that are learnt over time through reading and practicing.
The original white paper does was not intended for newbies but those with background knowledge on the blockchain technology.

The forum is a good place to start if you're looking to learn about Bitcoin. The Google search option provids loads of information at easy reach, you can also check out Reddit, YouTube, and some other useful social platforms.
I personally do not recommend articles by websites which are more often than not, promotional content, but there are useful information that can be learnt through them.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
judeafante

Merit: 258

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 03:33:58 PM

Although there's tons of information about bitcoin and crypto, for many beginners it's still a big challenge to figure out it clearly. I would suggest to those beginners (even people with some knowledge also would find it useful i think) to read this very handy article.
the link to the article: https://www.nateliason.com/blog/bitcoin-crypto-reading-list

Good article but yours seems not an original one, if I am going to recommend newbies for a good sources about Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency, I prefer to lead them to Youtube, there are a lot of videos there that can clearly explains how Bitcoin works.
it's better to see a visual explainer than reading an article, I started my basic understanding on what is Bitcoin and how it works from the video explainer on Youtube and I find it easy and much better.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
yazher

Activity: 2170
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 02:50:34 AM

Good article but yours seems not an original one, if I am going to recommend newbies for a good sources about Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency, I prefer to lead them to Youtube, there are a lot of videos there that can clearly explains how Bitcoin works.
it's better to see a visual explainer than reading an article, I started my basic understanding on what is Bitcoin and how it works from the video explainer on Youtube and I find it easy and much better.

There are also some sites that will give you a lot of basic information about bitcoin. I found this post very interesting for the newbies to learn more about it. This can be used in the meantime. The basic must not be ignored because they are a lot to learn from it. Just click this: Frequently Asked Questions About Bitcoins

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
AverageGlabella
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 03:48:47 PM

I'd rather recommend books bout bitcoin rather than articles or whitepapers. Books imo are much more friendly when it comes to making the user understand different technical terms new to them like "Early bird getd the Bitcoin" by Andrew Courey.
You can look up a lot of beginner books that break down the complicated parts of bitcoin and should be rather useful to beginners. At the very least, it tackles everything about the basics that a newbie would need to study about.

That depends on what kind of book you are suggesting because books can be too much for a beginner too and tend to go into loads of detail which is not needed. A simple forum guide that is written here is enough as complicating a beginners guide means its not going to be beginner friendly.
Husna QA
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2019, 10:45:57 PM

The whitepaper is not useful for a beginner at all the concepts and jargon that is in that whitepaper is not going to be useful for someone with no computer background. -snip-
IMO, every person who wants to learn bitcoin or blockchain at least must know in advance the basics of computer operation.

Before that, they would need to understand what the blockchain is, as it is the platform that allows the transfer of Bitcoin. In my opinion, there is no basic information, just bits and pieces that are learnt over time through reading and practicing.
The original white paper does was not intended for newbies but those with background knowledge on the blockchain technology. -snip-
My question is, how is Satoshi introducing Blockchain and Bitcoin for the first time?

Satoshi Nakamoto's original paper is still recommended reading for anyone studying how Bitcoin works.
https://bitcoin.org/en/getting-started

Annisa_crypto

Activity: 128
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 10:08:06 PM

Google is the best key where you can get the best article about bitcoin and cryptocurrency. But I have read this book which is very useful as a beginner.
Mastering in bitcoin

Husna QA
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2019, 11:50:51 PM

-snip- I have read this book which is very useful as a beginner.
Mastering in bitcoin
The book by Andreas M. Antonopoulos is one of my reading references. Not all of what we read we must master it all. The most important thing is how we build interest in reading. Read or learn first, understand later.

Note: Besides reading, there are also other methods to learn something i.e. through audio or visual media.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: