Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:53:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ton has big problems?  (Read 220 times)
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 07:37:39 PM

I think that SEC will not ban Telegram Network, but they will be fined, just as it happened with EOS cryptocurrency.
If this happens, then it will show how stupid TON team is that they have not considered this problem.  Lips sealed

It is different because EOS ICO happened already, TON not yet. So there is no fine to pay since they did nothing wrong yet. They just need follow the SEC rules when doing the ICO.

EOS is different since its the blockone that provides funds for the projects as far as I know. They act as incubator which its their VC who provides the funds. TON was hyped too much that they were noticed by SEC so while the ICO hasn't commence and they still can interfere as they decide to halt it. Very unlucky team caught by the SEC regulation. Nothing can be done but to follow the laws the SEC is regulating.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SolarWindMiningCompany

Activity: 966
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 10:24:54 PM

I think that SEC will not ban Telegram Network, but they will be fined, just as it happened with EOS cryptocurrency.
If this happens, then it will show how stupid TON team is that they have not considered this problem.  Lips sealed

It is different because EOS ICO happened already, TON not yet. So there is no fine to pay since they did nothing wrong yet. They just need follow the SEC rules when doing the ICO.

EOS is different since its the blockone that provides funds for the projects as far as I know. They act as incubator which its their VC who provides the funds. TON was hyped too much that they were noticed by SEC so while the ICO hasn't commence and they still can interfere as they decide to halt it. Very unlucky team caught by the SEC regulation. Nothing can be done but to follow the laws the SEC is regulating.

That's correct! Nothing can really be done but rather adhere to the demands of SEC. I just hope they reach common solution else TON might be forced to issue reimbursements because of their high reputation as well. What baffles me more. Is what they need to raise over 1billion dollar to finance the TON. EOS raised 4billion dollars and frankly, I don't see where the money has gone to or. Judiciously been used. Its still miles behind eth

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 11:04:07 PM

SEC did not satisfy the conditions proposed by Telegram to postpone the launch of the TON blockchain platform and the suspension of operations with the Gram digital currency for 5 months.

The SEC insists on a restraining order for the rest of the proceedings.

The first hearing will be held on October 24.

What will happen next?

It's most likely simply going to be halted.

I doubt that a company the size of Telegram would dare to object to SEC's rulings, and even if they did, they probably won't attract investors anymore because of the scare that the SEC has given them.

They should have foreseen this issue from the get go. They are essentially marketing a security, and there is really no way around that definition.
khirech

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 08:36:55 PM

Where can I buy TON currency? GRAM I mean! Help please!
Yes, I know one exchange, bought GRAM there 2 months ago, was searching whole web, but it was a hard to find right place, bitrexchnage
khirech

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 08:45:44 PM

Yeah, based in US as I remember, bought a total of 2300 tokens. Price was very good, IDK what's going on now, but 2 months ago was very nice
khirech

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 08:52:57 PM

Yeah, based in US as I remember, bought a total of 2300 tokens. Price was very good, IDK what's going on now, but 2 months ago was very nice

So you bought them in one tranche? Is bitrexchange safe?
I had checked them, very good and positive reviews on bitrexchange, so I decided to buy all tokens one time. Very fast distribution
khirech

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 08:57:45 PM

OK, no problem if any problem occurs, I may help you
khirech

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 09:01:56 PM

OK, no problem if any problem occurs, I may help you
Just bought 350 GRM tokens, distributed real fast! THanks for supposing me bitrexchnage!
haha! yeah! AS I told you!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: