Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:46:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Serious Bitcoin Security Warning!!!  (Read 558 times)
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 05:04:36 AM

Old news already, it has been shared many times in this community: [Alert! Alert] Bitcoin QR Generator” lead to scam websites. (recent one).

I wouldn't even consider this a serious security warning though, you just need common sense and check everything before you send your funds over. That is the first thing you have to learn in case you want yourself to be involved in this market.

Basically Before reading this post, I am trusting QR codes in order to secure funds. What I am doing is converting my wallet address and private key to QR since I believe that when it is printed, it is very much likely to be safe. In this regard, we should really consider having hardware wallets such as trezor.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
henmark

Activity: 783
Merit: 270

View Profile
February 01, 2020, 06:16:22 PM

We all know for sure that Bitcoin is not 100% safe, so we have to be careful about it, that’s why no one should be so dumb to the extent of using a Google voice search to ask Google to bring a QR code generator.

Why don’t you do the research yourself and look for a good QR code generator? Anyone that’s doing these kind of thing is meant to use sites that are already popular and well established, like BitPay. You don’t just jump on any random site or app when you know for sure that there are lots of scammers online.
Maslate

Activity: 2982
Merit: 675

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
February 01, 2020, 11:42:25 PM

No matter how much others try to improve technology to make our life easier, others will always find a way to use it for their own profit. The purpose is to help people but cons always occur because of others greediness. QR code provides easier access by just scanning it. Less-hassle, but because in today's world, evilness is growing, it cause more fear to everyone. Instead of making things easier, they will just doubt it.
Since QR code is already here to make our money transactions faster, then let's be more careful in using it and check even 5 times to verify if the address is really correct. Sometimes i do copy paste the QR code but still review it just to make sure that i am not putting a wrong address. Scammers may take an advantage when they see we are already confident on what we are doing.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 02, 2020, 04:42:59 AM

I remember my screenshot about my QR code in my Bitcoin address just to prove my ownership of the account, and from how this news seemed like to avoid the usage of cryptos, I'll never let my friends transfer money to me using those.
I'll just use QR codes whenever I need to access a certain sites without typing the whole hyperlink itself. It could be altered to a phishing site, but that's a matter of different discussion.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: