Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:28:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To be financially well and healty you need to find fund manager  (Read 584 times)
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1584

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
January 04, 2022, 10:04:38 PM

Terrible advice.

Take a look at how much hedge funds actually underperformed the broad based S&P500 index in the previous year.

Hedge funds and money managers are only useful when

a) they don't take a percentage annual fee and

b) your objective isn't to maximise returns per se, but rather to stablise returns even in times of market downturn.

It is all right to use Hedge funds in their right amount and in the right moment. The real good ones tend to have better tools than mere indexes to navigate the waters. For example Bill Foley was able to actually earn nearly a billion by buying credit default swaps right before the COVID collapse and that is not a chance in an index or in a nearly passively managed fund. As the rest of the things, this is a tool in the box.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DrBeer
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1882

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2022, 03:12:08 PM

A financial manager for an ordinary resident? As for me, this is an overkill, unjustified and illogical. A fund manager is needed when you HAVE funds that you want to increase, and you do not have experience, knowledge, time, desire. Find out how much the manager's services cost? And then find out how much the services of a GOOD manager cost? It seems to me that it would be more effective to introduce the discipline "financial literacy" in the school curriculum from the very first grades to graduation. This will give a larger and more correct effect for mass consumption.

I think the service fee of a fund manager is quite expensive I don't know exactly how much but if you can afford to acquire the service of fund manager it will be a great help for you to manage your funds however like what I have said I believe it is quite expensive instead of having a fund manager why not educate your own and become a financial literate either. You will greatly benefit from it and you will get a free fund manager by your own right.

Absolutely agree  ! To manage household finances, at the level of the average inhabitant / resident, a basic education and a working head will be sufficient. financial / investment manager - this is a completely different level, different amounts of funds, risks, responsibility, therefore it is not very acceptable for a "home investor". Again, education and personal experience are always positive and can be useful not only for personal use - maybe you will become, having received such knowledge, a financial manager for others Smiley

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████