Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:27:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][COMB] Haircomb - Quantum proof, anonymity and more  (Read 6890 times)
bizbiz4

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 09:45:05 PM

noticed there has been a bunch of 546 sat txs surrounding this address lately 1HckjUpRGcrrRAtFaaCAUaGjsPx9oYmLaZ

any idea if it has anything to do with comb? what other reason would there be for specifically so many 546 sat tx's

looks like the 90mb bomb from a few days ago also had something to do with 546 sat tx's (if not mistaken)

I saw that but it's not to a bc1 address though? and a lot of exchanges send those small txs anyway to consolidate dust wallets. Binance did that a few days ago which is why the mempool spiked as it did, but yeah it was strange timing.
I think that's what the dev meant by it's only a matter of them sending to the Comb lottery first (in future), if Comb becomes popular then they have nothing to lose by doing so and if the coin is valuable then they stand to gain by claiming the block reward, as well as it creating a market for fees and everything else. It would make sense if the developer was a miner or affiliated with them or something, I personally don't believe it's just one person and a random 'interesting' project. Whoever released that whitepaper isn't just some random, in my opinion. But we will probably never know

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kelozar

Activity: 71

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 10:15:13 PM

noticed there has been a bunch of 546 sat txs surrounding this address lately 1HckjUpRGcrrRAtFaaCAUaGjsPx9oYmLaZ

any idea if it has anything to do with comb? what other reason would there be for specifically so many 546 sat tx's

looks like the 90mb bomb from a few days ago also had something to do with 546 sat tx's (if not mistaken)

I saw that but it's not to a bc1 address though? and a lot of exchanges send those small txs anyway to consolidate dust wallets. Binance did that a few days ago which is why the mempool spiked as it did, but yeah it was strange timing.
I think that's what the dev meant by it's only a matter of them sending to the Comb lottery first (in future), if Comb becomes popular then they have nothing to lose by doing so and if the coin is valuable then they stand to gain by claiming the block reward, as well as it creating a market for fees and everything else. It would make sense if the developer was a miner or affiliated with them or something, I personally don't believe it's just one person and a random 'interesting' project. Whoever released that whitepaper isn't just some random, in my opinion. But we will probably never know

actually the bc1 tx is only for mining burn tip, meaning only when attempting to claim. but in the wallet when you want to send the comb somewhere, (and im assuming liquidity stacks as well) the tx's it asks you to send the 546 sats to fund for transfers ARE NOT BC1 addresses.
so its VERY probable that it has something to do with comb, it would make no other sense for SOOO many 546sat txs surrounding one specific address. or even generally 546sat specifically.

i agree on the idea that exchange has nothing to lose by adding this, and most likely would have such ideas since they are at the advantage for claiming.

what im curious about is if we can see when was the FIRST real claim of comb, can we trace it to AFTER the release of the wallet? if so then its fair game. but if by anychance there was ACTUAL comb claims BEFORE the release, then that would make the project lose credibility.

another interesting point is how under the table this whole project is at the moment. seems like there is not much reason to really go out and make it public, as that would DRAMATICALLY increase the competition. it would be way more advantageous to keep this more under the radar for the time being, to accumulate more while less competition and higher rewards.

trulying hoping that the release of the wallet was the first known claims and everything is honest. in that case, im predicting a quiet under the radar accumulation time, and then possibly more attention as more development is created.

ofcourse nobody knows and it could be nothing happens at all.

non the less there is potential for something great here (aslong as the release was completely honest and NO claims before the wallet release/ann thread)

if anyone has any ideas on how to help the project in the future, we can put our minds together and help out if needs be. though for now it seems to accumulate for cheap while we can is a better strategy, because if this actually adopts it will be VERY competitive and can easily be too expensive for any regular user to even attempt claiming.

when miners start to claim, it will be impossible for anyone other then the miners to claim. at that point the ONLY way you can get comb is buying from miners or previous other comb holders.

for now, anyone that is willing to spend 1-2$ can easily attempt and even successfully claim several times a day.

its most easy to claim when blocks are being found faster, as hashrate increases and difficulty poses to go up, blocks are being found faster, and not as many bc1 new outputs are even sent to the network, making cheap claims very possibly.

some of my cheapest claims are as low as 25sat/byte with total of under 6ksats for the total tx.

edit:grammer and proof read checks
bizbiz4

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 11:01:39 PM

actually the bc1 tx is only for mining burn tip, meaning only when attempting to claim. but in the wallet when you want to send the comb somewhere, (and im assuming liquidity stacks as well) the tx's it asks you to send the 546 sats to fund for transfers ARE NOT BC1 addresses.
so its VERY probable that it has something to do with comb, it would make no other sense for SOOO many 546sat txs surrounding one specific address. or even generally 546sat specifically.

what im curious about is if we can see when was the FIRST real claim of comb, can we trace it to AFTER the release of the wallet? if so then its fair game. but if by anychance there was ACTUAL comb claims BEFORE the release, then that would make the project lose credibility.

They could just be sending it yeah that's a good point, I thought something along those lines too but more to do with the fork that happened at the start but that could be unrelated. The only thing is.. the wallets sending the 546 txs have huge amounts of Btc in. That would be f*cking crazy for such an unknown project.
I've been claiming over the past few days but can't check how many yet, maybe one day I'll check and discover it's worth something haha Grin
kelozar

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 11:20:56 PM

They could just be sending it yeah that's a good point, I thought something along those lines too but more to do with the fork that happened at the start but that could be unrelated. The only thing is.. the wallets sending the 546 txs have huge amounts of Btc in. That would be f*cking crazy for such an unknown project.
I've been claiming over the past few days but can't check how many yet, maybe one day I'll check and discover it's worth something haha Grin

after you attempted a claim and its included in a block. take a look at that block and look from the top down, look for the first bc1 address output (also needs to be p2wsh, sometimes its P2WPKH, if im not mistaken those wont count), see if its new. if not keep going. until you see yours. if yours is the first new bc1 (p2wsh) then you most likely won.

at least in my experience that is how it worked so far. and you can change your sat/byte accordingly.
natasha-otomoski (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 82
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 05:52:51 PM

We can approximate the theoretical maximal number of COMB in circulation using an
Euler mcLaurin formula. Initial assumption is that every block since genesis
is claimed.

Remember the number of smallest units issued in given block is:

MAX(210000000-FLOOR((LOG(h)/LOG(2))^6), 0)

We ignore the MAX and limit ourselves to block heights h from 1 to 21835313

Clearly the supply f(n) at height n is the sum of the above formula from 1 to n:

f(n) = SUM h = 1 -> n  { 210000000-FLOOR((LOG(h)/LOG(2))^6) }

We ignore the FLOOR because we are doing only an approximation.
The 210000000 constant can be put out with multiplier n:

f(n) = 210000000*n - SUM h = 1 -> n  { (LOG(h)/LOG(2))^6 }

The approximation is thus the formula:

f(n) = 210000000*n - ((n*log(n)*log(n)*log(n)*log(n)*log(n)*log(n) - (720 *n *log(n)) + (720 *n) - (6 *n *log(n)*log(n)*log(n)*log(n)*log(n))  + (30 *n *log(n)*log(n)*log(n)*log(n))  -(120 *n* log(n)*log(n)*log(n))  + (360 *n *log(n)*log(n)))*9 - 6492 + log(n)*log(n)*log(n)*log(n)*log(n)*log(n)*4.5)

This is the excel formula (enter it into cell B1):

= 210000000*A1 - ((A1*LN(A1)*LN(A1)*LN(A1)*LN(A1)*LN(A1)*LN(A1) - (720 *A1 *LN(A1)) + (720 *A1) - (6 *A1 *LN(A1)*LN(A1)*LN(A1)*LN(A1)*LN(A1))  + (30 *A1 *LN(A1)*LN(A1)*LN(A1)*LN(A1))  -(120 *A1* LN(A1)*LN(A1)*LN(A1))  + (360 *A1 *LN(A1)*LN(A1)))*9 - 6492 + LN(A1)*LN(A1)*LN(A1)*LN(A1)*LN(A1)*LN(A1)*4.5)

Picture:

kelozar

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 06:34:11 PM

which block # is genesis?

also can you help graph the reward amount?

how much comb will be reward at block 650k, 700k, 750k, ect.

Thank you
natasha-otomoski (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 02:56:37 AM

Block 601002 is the haircomb genesis... It's the block in whitepaper. This means that noone could have succesfully claimed before that block and all coins before the launch are thus provably burned.

No premine. I've started claiming just as everyone else only after the whitepaper+wallet was posted.

I've subtracted f(601002)  = from the previous formula to make it start from zero coins at block 601002

I've zoomed in to the next 100 years period. Haircomb will operate over the course of 500 years.

kelozar

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 06:19:27 PM

interesting, it looks like the reward decrease is very minimal and happens over VERY long period of time.
less then 7k new maximum amount of new comb per month on average
less then 82k new maximum amount of new comb per year
so in 5 years from now, we would have a maximum of less then 500k combs.

now considering almost more then 50% of blocks arent even claiming, (at the moment)
most likely less then 100 combs are being claimed per day.
the scarcity on comb is real.
natasha-otomoski (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 09:00:55 PM

New version of haircomb core 0.1.0 is available.

46f26569feb991e055cd817b2f1177a517151464a2661ea4e09e6a274fb8940a  combfullui
240416ed1bbb82be0fe8de2481a00fa1cf5e6c3b360e93f85edf479c1e2143fb  combfullui.exe

What is new

Bug fix - Importing large wallet infinite loop.
Feature - Multipayments to large amount of people - easy to use user interface available.

Who must upgrade

Only users who need the fix or want to use multi payments must upgrade. The rest of users can stay on old version.

Compatibility

No hard fork, no soft fork
No change of commits.db format
No change of modified bitcoin-qt api (you can keep using the old modified bitcoin core that you already have)

Upgrading

1. Shutdown bitcoin-qt
2. Shutdown haircomb core (of course save your wallet like on every shutdown)
3. Create a new folder for the new version and move there your commits.db
4. Start haircomb core
5. Start bitcoin-qt

Downgrading

The same except in step 3 you start using the old version of combfullui

How to do multiplayments

Guide will be posted shortly. Don't try it until then.
natasha-otomoski (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 07:00:00 AM

Multi payment guide

Import the coin to your wallet:

Generate another key in your wallet. This will be your change address.
Click pay next to coin. Change address selection will appear:

Click the multipay option with your correct change address.

You can now add the destinations. The amount entered is in the smallest unit (1 unit = 0.00000001 COMB)

There can be arbitrarily many receivers limited only by the amount of RAM memory in your computer. The bitcoin fee paid is the same. If you have really powerful server and 77 COMB you can pay to 7 billion people.

Click do payment. Follow the instructions on the next screen. In particular save your wallet (from the main page) during this step.

We funded the 21addresses, and it confirmed. The payment is done.

Once it has 6 confirmations (not earlier!) you can go to main page, and export the coin history to file (right click , save as).

Post that coin history file to all the receivers.

kelozar

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 05:39:08 PM

can you send comb to any btc address? or must it be an address generated from the comb client?
also once you send it and give the proof to someone, how do the receive and import it into comb client?
thanks!
natasha-otomoski (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 07:09:30 PM

can you send comb to any btc address? or must it be an address generated from the comb client?

comb can be paid to haircomb addresses only. it cannot be paid to Bitcoin addresses such as 1xxxx 3xxxx or bc1xxxx.
The reason is the cryptography is very different.

Haircomb address consists of 64 numbers or letters A-F. It can be found in wallet, left to the COMB amount. (after you generate keys)

Another place to get an address is to use the haircomb paper wallet generator, this gives you both comb address and claiming address for one attempt in Bitcoin claiming (to that COMB address).

The user should keep the private key safe, in order to spend the funds from that address.
Private key looks like this /wallet/data/ followed by many characters.

also once you send it and give the proof to someone,

There are two ways to export they shall never be confused. If you confuse them the receiver will steal your money that you give him by accident.

First is fully save as: File name: from the main page. This saves the full wallet including everything and secret keys too. The resulting file appears next to combfullui.exe and you should never give that file to anyone.

Second is export coin history only. This saves things but without the private keys. The coins will be deanonymized to the receiver. They will able to see those coins. But they will not be able to steal coins unless they own the private key.

how do the receive and import it into comb client?
thanks!

There is only one import feature on the main page. It's universal. If the user sends you the coin history place it to a file. Then import that file.

You import your own wallets.dat using the same import feature.

Hope that helps
kelozar

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 05:01:21 AM

if there is a multi output tx, and one of the outputs is a never seen p2wsh, but its not the first output of the tx.
would that count to be a possible claim?
or only if its the first tx in the multi output?

thanks
natasha-otomoski (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 06:19:48 AM

if there is a multi output tx, and one of the outputs is a never seen p2wsh, but its not the first output of the tx.
would that count to be a possible claim?
or only if its the first tx in the multi output?

thanks

All never seen p2wsh outputs of tx have the potential to claim comb. Not only the first output of tx.

But output 0 is considered first, then output 1 and so on.. in the output order.
kelozar

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 11:16:06 PM

https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/mempool/transactions?s=fee_per_kwu(desc)&q=has_witness(true)#
this will help sort current fees in mempool
enjoy
kelozar

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 02:06:59 AM

any news on whats going on?
anything you working on?
would it be a good idea to be more public about this project so its not looked like it was premine in the early days
mnightwaffle

Activity: 1002
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 11:54:00 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2019, 12:33:51 PM by mnightwaffle

couldn't I just go to:
https://txstreet.com/

from there View the live block, which right now is
https://www.blockchain.com/btc/block/0000000000000000000194594e2a29761b26bb9261dba2c17fe24467fe161a71

and then just find the highest bc1?

so right now the highest bc1 fee is 0.00040000 ($2.829)

So I'd have to outbid them to claim comb?

--

&
would it be difficult to make haircomb for BSV or even bch?
natasha-otomoski (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 08:59:48 PM

Hello boys. The project is alive. I'm working on the liquidity stack loops. It will be done when the numbers tell me it's done and not earlier.

I'm working on it in my spare time and I am not paid but that is not the problem. Money won't accelerate the progress only brain power will. I feel that my coins going up in value eventually will be the best reward.

Yeah you have to outbid highest fee payer.

About the possibility of haircomb on BSV or on BCH, it's not directly possible since there is no segwit and thus no 256bit addresses that I am aware of.

Even if those coins had 256bit addresses it would be a not so great idea to run haircomb on it. The reason is it uses sha256 hashing and is prone to 51%/reorg attacks. And succesfull 51 % attack means recently-transacted coin destruction in the worst case (if the attacking miner knows the haircomb coins history)

Haircomb on Litecoin would be a possibility though, it's reasonably powerful, has segwit, and not prone to 51% attacks.
kelozar

View Profile
December 20, 2019, 09:49:42 PM

couldn't I just go to:
https://txstreet.com/

from there View the live block, which right now is
https://www.blockchain.com/btc/block/0000000000000000000194594e2a29761b26bb9261dba2c17fe24467fe161a71

and then just find the highest bc1?

so right now the highest bc1 fee is 0.00040000 ($2.829)

So I'd have to outbid them to claim comb?

--

&
would it be difficult to make haircomb for BSV or even bch?

i took at look at txstreet.com but i cant see where i can see ONLY the highest with a p2wsh output, or even just to check the highest bc1 like you said. but theres nowhere to tick and see the txs in an organized form. unless im missing something. or if your talking about reading their data and organizing it yourself
natasha-otomoski (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 09:38:38 PM

Hello boys, this is an update. Next version seems doable (sometimes next year).

It will be a fork, version number will be 0.2.0.

It will make it possible to create liquidity stack coin loops. Briefly liquidity stack coin loop is when you pay using liquidity stack to an address that will eventually redirect the coin to the same liquidity stack. Under the current rules such coins will be destroyed.

I propose a new rule that will instead send the coin to the change address. This will enable entities to pay back to themselves using stealth address safely. Or to their own old addresses. The coins will simply fall down to their own change addresses and won't be destroyed.

After the fork we will most certainly see a flood of new features most importantly:

stealth addresses - basically you will have your main haircomb address with all your funds on it and have the ability to create any number of stealth addresses to receive coins to this your main address. Funds from others sent to the stealth address redirect to your backing address without fees and without revealing the backing address to anyone.

Stealth addresses are basically feeless redirect addresses.

safe operation of exchanges or custodians - using stealth addresses basically allows custodians or exchanges to operate safely. They generate new stealth address for every deposit for every customer. This fork (0.2.0) brings the new feature that when two customers on the same exchange pay to each other the coins won't be destroyed (due to loop) but simply fall back down to the exchange hot wallet as they should. This is why this fork is so important.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: