Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:07:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Art Contest Design Accusation Determination  (Read 622 times)
Blockchayne (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 43

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 08:02:44 PM

The proportions were already completed by Canva

Are you serious? Anyone can download the app and pull up the template and see for themselves.

You did not create the template. You utilized it via the Canva software. Just like me.

You are full of shit and it blows my mind that that these other users have fallen for your BS.

You know you didn’t create the template. They are just confused Bc they aren’t Canva users. 

There are company issued templates.  Created by their staff. We both used the same one. You didn’t even change shit but superimposing the bitcoin symbol over the sun. The rest of your design is exact from the public template. 

I’m not going to continue arguing. I know what happened. I’m over arguing about this shit.  Fuck it think what the fuck you want.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mamaecrypto

Activity: 333
Merit: 215

www.mammycrypto.com Best Browser brave.com/mam025

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2019, 08:04:14 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

Ps: Also wanted to make sure clear to everyone who reads this thread that the meme I created was and is not created as a submission for the Art contest. I just posted the proof of work but never posted the work as submission. My submission is on page 17 or 18 if I am not mistaken. This meme was created to be used on my blog and social media.

No to me it is not quite obvious. As I mention it would be too big of a coincidence to use it in the exact same proportions on logo. I also did not center it super well. The template gives you endless choices maybe if slightly smaller or bigger I would completely agree with you. I myself created this before the contest even started to play on twitter on a day Bitcoin had a dramatic move up. I did not create this as Art it was just a fun and quite girly meme to capture more ladies into the crypto realm. Everything I do has a purpose. Wishing you the best on your crypto journey. I am not irrational and I am not going to insult you as you have insulted me quite few times.

I have posted an extensive amount of information. 

To think that l fabricated all of that and editing timestamps and photoshopping in a matter of minutes is fucking total maniacal.

It’s quite obvious we both used the same design and had a similar idea. It happens. We are not that unique. Only because of our own overblown Egos would we think that impossible for someone to have come up with a similar idea. 

I’m done with this conversation.  I have proven my case. I didn’t copy a damn thing. I used the same Canva template.

If I did copy it how would I have known that she used Canva? I wouldn’t have.

Obviously we were using the same program which I indicated in my very first response to her false accusation. 

Think about it.  It’s totally irrational.

I’m done. Have a good day.

Blockchayne (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 08:07:14 PM

https://i.ibb.co/RpCqc4N/311987-FD-C39-F-4-F33-952-E-FA462177-CB8-F.png

These are the publicly available templates. You can see the sun template.  They are free to use. They are not user submissions.  They are not user created.

The proportions are the exact same as hers.

She didn’t create shit. She used the template as a base just like me.

For fucks sake.
Mamaecrypto

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2019, 08:11:00 PM

The proportions of the logo inside the sun to be more specific. I am a woman and a mother and will not take insults from you. I hope someone can stop by and moderate this thread. I am getting worried.
https://i.ibb.co/RpCqc4N/311987-FD-C39-F-4-F33-952-E-FA462177-CB8-F.png

These are the publicly available templates. You can see the sun template.  They are free to use. They are not user submissions.  They are not user created.

The proportions are the exact same as hers.

She didn’t create shit. She used the template as a base just like me.

For fucks sake.

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16557

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2019, 08:15:55 PM

I'll share my summary and opinion on this topic:

Blockchayne: you have a temper. And although that's allowed, it's not helping your case.
That aside, I was serious about giving credit to templates. I did in my "artwork". Bitcointalk is very strict on plagiarism, if it was unintentional you can still fix it.

Mamaecrypto: posting it on Twitter is of course fine. All social media only exist thanks to copying content, so they won't ban you for it.
I don't think it's cool though to say that Blockchayne copied your work, when you too used a template. Someone used the same photo as I did, which is not a problem.

My suggestions:
Blockchayne: cool down, read the forum rules, and give credit where credit it due.
Mamaecrypto: edit your post in which you claim your work was copied. It's likely the same template was used.

Both: welcome to Bitcointalk, were we fill long topics in Reputation complaining about each other. I guess you two haven't seen much yet Tongue

I am a woman and a mother and will not take insults from you. I hope someone can stop by and moderate this thread.
Bitcointalk doesn't censor anything that hurt your feelings. Freedom of speech prevails.
However, you're free to click "Report to moderator" on any posts that you think breaks the forum rules.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Mamaecrypto

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2019, 08:33:35 PM

Cool. Took your suggestion. Changed the wording. Did you get a chance to check time stamps? I do find it hard to believe that he would achieve the same exact proportions in the logo. it is far to say that he could have downloaded his own etc etc but it would have been nice to credit both layers of the work. I am ok as you said this inspiration could come to anyone. All good
I'll share my summary and opinion on this topic:

Blockchayne: you have a temper. And although that's allowed, it's not helping your case.
That aside, I was serious about giving credit to templates. I did in my "artwork". Bitcointalk is very strict on plagiarism, if it was unintentional you can still fix it.

Mamaecrypto: posting it on Twitter is of course fine. All social media only exist thanks to copying content, so they won't ban you for it.
I don't think it's cool though to say that Blockchayne copied your work, when you too used a template. Someone used the same photo as I did, which is not a problem.

My suggestions:
Blockchayne: cool down, read the forum rules, and give credit where credit it due.
Mamaecrypto: edit your post in which you claim your work was copied. It's likely the same template was used.

Both: welcome to Bitcointalk, were we fill long topics in Reputation complaining about each other. I guess you two haven't seen much yet Tongue

I am a woman and a mother and will not take insults from you. I hope someone can stop by and moderate this thread.
Bitcointalk doesn't censor anything that hurt your feelings. Freedom of speech prevails.
However, you're free to click "Report to moderator" on any posts that you think breaks the forum rules.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2019, 08:45:01 PM

Both of you need to seriously follow the forum rules. Stop double posting, edit your old posts, and stop making posts that just quote your previous posts without adding anything new.

I think you both should consider this resolved by now and IMO Blockchayne should lock the thread. There is clearly no more constructive discussion that is going to come out of here. Blockchayne, you still should give credit to the template you used.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 09:21:15 PM

Wait, I'm confused. Did Mamaecrypto actually create the template for Canva or just use it as Blockchayne did? Because this whole discussion is completely ridiculous if it's the latter.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
GrosWesh
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1428

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 09:32:04 PM

Wait, I'm confused. Did Mamaecrypto actually create the template for Canva or just use it as Blockchayne did? Because this whole discussion is completely ridiculous if it's the latter.

I am also trying to follow this discussion. And it's difficult, mostly because of poorly done quotes. And I agree, all this is ridiculous since the template is delivered ready made. I understand that 'Blockchayne' is very upset and even disappointed by this forum. I invite him to review his judgment, he got bad luck in my opinion.

My 2 cents!

Edit : I also wanted to highlight the excellence of the moderation post provided by LoyceV !
Mamaecrypto

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2019, 10:04:39 PM

The original template is a sun. I added the btc logo. If his logo was not in the exact same proportions as mine I would have totally not mentioned it. However to me it felt as if someone spotted my design, saved it and brought it up on canva again and made changes. That is my opinion. I mentioned I felt as if someone used my idea as a shortcut for their concept. From the begging I mentioned it was fine it was created for that purpose so awesome. But to claim it as their art is not right. I felt it was my right since I submitted original work myself to mention this discrepancy. Have not been in the forum for a long time because really busy. But wanted to stop by for this celebration. Could not help myself and did what I think was right

Mamaecrypto

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2019, 10:09:51 PM

I am also trying to follow this discussion. And it's difficult, mostly because of poorly done quotes. And I agree, all this is ridiculous since the template is delivered ready made. I understand that 'Blockchayne' is very upset and even disappointed by this forum. I invite him to review his judgment, he got bad luck in my opinion.

My 2 cents!

Edit : I also wanted to highlight the excellence of the moderation post provided by LoyceV !

Also hope he does mot leave! Last thing I want to do is scare someone from Crypto info. Please stay.

Blockchayne (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 10:47:58 PM
Merited by Foxpup (3), LoyceV (2), GrosWesh (1)

Yes it’s the latter. Like I have been trying to explain.  The templates are pre made available for any user to adopt into their piece. We both adopted the same template.  Think Wordpress website theme. We both created a site using the same theme, they would look very similar and have many of the same features. It doesn’t indicate that one site copied the other.  They both used the same template.  This is exactly what happened with this lady and myself.  It is rather strange and coincidental. But my timestamps on my phone and in the messenger conversation all predate her tweet. You can disregard singular time stamp but when in combination with everything else I have presented it should be more than clear that I am being truthful. I could never have fabricated all of these videos in a matter of minutes. Nor could I have hacked into my iPhone and changed the time the images were saved. Nor could I have hacked into messenger and changed the timestamps of all of the messages in my history.

Does that ☝️ Truly seem more likely than the idea that we had a similar design because we used the same base template provided to us by Canva.  No it does not. Not even a little bit. And I’ve endured all these ridiculous accusations based off of this impossible occurance.  That’s why I became irritated after awhile.  and furthermore I never said I was abandoning crypto. I just said the hell with this forum.  I’ve been in crypto since the beginning of 2015. My bitcointalk account is from 2016. I’m not going anywhere as far as crypto goes and I’ll reconsider my perspective about this forum but when im being accused of something totally ridiculous and group of people get into this lynchmob mentality without even knowing the actual circumstances. Not to mention that she knew exactly what happened and she’s making it sound like she created the whole design. She used a template. And she hardly even changed it. She put the bitcoin over the suns face. Compare hers and the original. Mine is 70% changed from the template. But that’s besides the point. She also made it sound like she works for Canva or “does marketing for Canva” she said.  She does NOT. She uses the software to create graphics which she then can use for marketing in whatever the hell she is working on. She does not work for Canva in any capacity. Her statements have been incredibly misleading and even dishonest and most of you guys ate it right up. Probably Bc she has a higher forum rank than I do.

I take some accountability to getting as upset as I did and then I communicated poorly and my posts were confusing and I butchered the formats.  Had I calmed down a little bit and composed myself I would have been far more effective in my communications and maybe people would have gotten a better feel for what actually occurred here. I take responsibility for that. I was very upset and I still am. I also feel that she knew you all were getting the wrong idea about what happened and rather than correct you she instead played into the fact that you all were mislead. Regardless. This is ridiculous. We used the same template. Using a template that she did not create. I did not  create the template. Canva created the template. And I’ve been unfairly accused and attacked by nearly everyone in this threat. Nearly everyone.
Mamaecrypto

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2019, 11:07:17 PM

Dude I do not even know which merit I am you are. No second intentions here. I called it a day cause I really gotta leave for a trip! 🤗 rock on with your designs if you feel they are original. thats all I gotta say. Long live Bitcoin

Yes it’s the latter. Like I have been trying to explain.  The templates are pre made available for any user to adopt into their piece. We both adopted the same template.  Think Wordpress website theme. We both created a site using the same theme, they would look very similar and have many of the same features. It doesn’t indicate that one site copied the other.  They both used the same template.  This is exactly what happened with this lady and myself.  It is rather strange and coincidental. But my timestamps on my phone and in the messenger conversation all predate her tweet. You can disregard singular time stamp but when in combination with everything else I have presented it should be more than clear that I am being truthful. I could never have fabricated all of these videos in a matter of minutes. Nor could I have hacked into my iPhone and changed the time the images were saved. Nor could I have hacked into messenger and changed the timestamps of all of the messages in my history.

Does that ☝️ Truly seem more likely than the idea that we had a similar design because we used the same base template provided to us by Canva.  No it does not. Not even a little bit. And I’ve endured all these ridiculous accusations based off of this impossible occurance.  That’s why I became irritated after awhile.  and furthermore I never said I was abandoning crypto. I just said the hell with this forum.  I’ve been in crypto since the beginning of 2015. My bitcointalk account is from 2016. I’m not going anywhere as far as crypto goes and I’ll reconsider my perspective about this forum but when im being accused of something totally ridiculous and group of people get into this lynchmob mentality without even knowing the actual circumstances. Not to mention that she knew exactly what happened and she’s making it sound like she created the whole design. She used a template. And she hardly even changed it. She put the bitcoin over the suns face. Compare hers and the original. Mine is 70% changed from the template. But that’s besides the point. She also made it sound like she works for Canva or “does marketing for Canva” she said.  She does NOT. She uses the software to create graphics which she then can use for marketing in whatever the hell she is working on. She does not work for Canva in any capacity. Her statements have been incredibly misleading and even dishonest and most of you guys ate it right up. Probably Bc she has a higher forum rank than I do.

I take some accountability to getting as upset as I did and then I communicated poorly and my posts were confusing and I butchered the formats.  Had I calmed down a little bit and composed myself I would have been far more effective in my communications and maybe people would have gotten a better feel for what actually occurred here. I take responsibility for that. I was very upset and I still am. I also feel that she knew you all were getting the wrong idea about what happened and rather than correct you she instead played into the fact that you all were mislead. Regardless. This is ridiculous. We used the same template. Using a template that she did not create. I did not  create the template. Canva created the template. And I’ve been unfairly accused and attacked by nearly everyone in this threat. Nearly everyone.

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 11:42:25 PM

Not to mention that she knew exactly what happened and she’s making it sound like she created the whole design. She used a template. And she hardly even changed it. She put the bitcoin over the suns face. Compare hers and the original. Mine is 70% changed from the template. But that’s besides the point. She also made it sound like she works for Canva or “does marketing for Canva” she said.  She does NOT. She uses the software to create graphics which she then can use for marketing in whatever the hell she is working on. She does not work for Canva in any capacity.
In that case, I apologise.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 04:11:07 AM

As some one with professional graphic arts experience, you are both in the wrong and neither of you should be taking any credit for a lightly modified template. The fact that one of you is slightly more wrong than the other is irrelevant. Neither of you "created" this under the law, so both of you STFU, and withdraw your claims/submissions.
Mamaecrypto

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 06:35:47 AM

As some one with professional graphic arts experience, you are both in the wrong and neither of you should be taking any credit for a lightly modified template. The fact that one of you is slightly more wrong than the other is irrelevant. Neither of you "created" this under the law, so both of you STFU, and withdraw your claims/submissions.

I personally did not submit the work created on top of canvas layout for the Art contest. On my end it is all good.  I modified the template as permitted in the canvas.com platform and shared on twitter using their share button and downloaded from my subscription. This needs to be super clear from my end. I myself never submitted the work as my art I just noticed it on the thread. It is not submitted by me. Canva.com does allow those modifications so there is no legal problem to do that and share your memes on social media. To post it on an art  contest I do agree.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 06:39:02 AM

I personally did not submit the work created on top of canvas layout for the Art contest. On my end it is all good.  I modified the template as permitted in the canvas.com platform and shared on twitter using their share button and downloaded from my subscription. This needs to be super clear from my end. I myself never submitted the work as my art I just noticed it on the thread. It is not submitted by me. Canva.com does allow those modifications so there is no legal problem to do that and share your memes on social media. To post it on an art  contest I do agree.

Good for you. You still are not legally the creator of the piece, so you are both in the wrong to claim ownership.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 03:15:26 PM

The original template is a sun. I added the btc logo. If his logo was not in the exact same proportions as mine I would have totally not mentioned it. However to me it felt as if someone spotted my design, saved it and brought it up on canva again and made changes. That is my opinion. I mentioned I felt as if someone used my idea as a shortcut for their concept. From the begging I mentioned it was fine it was created for that purpose so awesome. But to claim it as their art is not right. I felt it was my right since I submitted original work myself to mention this discrepancy. Have not been in the forum for a long time because really busy. But wanted to stop by for this celebration. Could not help myself and did what I think was right

I couldn't say that this will be an "original" work on your side especially if both of you are just using pre-made templates in the same application. Both of you edited the same template available and can be considered an "original" work on any end as long as he didn't copied it directly without any changes but judging the things he added and how your watermark was not erased in his version I can say that he made his version directly using the app. We are just talking about templates here and I couldn't even see a violation of plagiarism just because he used the same template as you are.
Blockchayne (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 03:34:28 PM

Exactly my point.  The images are available for public use. They are not copyrighted works. They are collective commons. They are available with the intended use of allowing individual users to utilize their own creativity and ideas which can deployed and built on top of what they have offered.  

The non-profit organization Collective Commons states their purpose as: “devoted to expanding the range of creative works available for others to build upon legally and to share”

So to the Professional Graphic Artist whom spoke on the legalities of the matter. I would like to remind him that this is a bitcointalk art contest not a matter of pending civil litigation.

I know I am guilty of taking things too seriously and being volatile are times. I’m working to improve that.  As such, I would encourage everyone to lighten up a bit. Not all of us are professional graphic artists. Nonetheless this is a crypto community contest. I would think that we would be embracing each others creativity and encouraging one another to participate in any way that brings more people to the table.

But that’s just my approach and my perspective.
You are more than welcome to agree or disagree. ☺️
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 04:13:24 PM

Exactly my point.  The images are available for public use. They are not copyrighted works. They are collective commons. They are available with the intended use of allowing individual users to utilize their own creativity and ideas which can deployed and built on top of what they have offered.  

The non-profit organization Collective Commons states their purpose as: “devoted to expanding the range of creative works available for others to build upon legally and to share”

So to the Professional Graphic Artist whom spoke on the legalities of the matter. I would like to remind him that this is a bitcointalk art contest not a matter of pending civil litigation.

I know I am guilty of taking things too seriously and being volatile are times. I’m working to improve that.  As such, I would encourage everyone to lighten up a bit. Not all of us are professional graphic artists. Nonetheless this is a crypto community contest. I would think that we would be embracing each others creativity and encouraging one another to participate in any way that brings more people to the table.

But that’s just my approach and my perspective.
You are more than welcome to agree or disagree. ☺️

The artwork might still be copyrightable if you really just copied the work of Mamaecrypto, but the template itself where you will be putting your own additional design and additional texts isn't that's the clear part. You don't have to overreact on things like this since DT members are pretty rational on seeing this kinds of accusations. The wrong thing you did is instead of handling this thing in a calm manner you instead overreacted and think that no one is on your side, all of this things will be solved quickly if you have only focused on the facts and not blend your emotions with it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: