Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:15:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 32 ETH for staking?!  (Read 866 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 04:17:06 PM

Of course you will get rewarded if you join in the staking. But you need to have 32 ETH first and then you will have to store them in the specified wallet. The reward is fixed per 32 ETH I think. So if you double your 32 ETH stake then you will also get double reward. The 32 ETH is just the minimum. You have the choice to make it higher if you want. Your reward will also go higher. But we need to wait for the specific instructions of Ethereum itself regarding this.

Believe me, once you get the minimum ETH required for staking, you'll be able to earn a constant reward over the long term. This will be just like a savings account at a bank, but better as you'll earn much more money over time if prices start to rise all the way to the moon. Getting 32 ETH for staking is much more affordable than saving money for a DASH masternode. Ethereum could remain a decentralized cryptocurrency for the world, because of its high accessibility.

While PoS may lead to a certain level of centralization for the ETH blockchain, it's the best way to go in order to increase scalability and reduce energy consumption by a long shot. People who can't afford 32 ETH would simply choose a staking pool to reap the rewards. While the earnings won't be the same, at least it's something that will accumulate over time which serves to be a nice source of passive income.

Nonetheless, we'll just have to wait for the ETH dev team to give out specific instructions on how to stake the cryptocurrency on our wallets. The 32 ETH requirement could be temporary as the underlying blockchain hasn't done the switch to PoS yet. As we get closer to this phase, developers could decide to either lower or increase the ETH requirement to become a validator. It's best to set a dynamic amount of coins required for staking instead of a fixed value, since ETH prices are volatile. Otherwise, the cost of obtaining 32 ETH for staking may increase according to the coin's price across the market. In the end, people will decide whenever they'll keep supporting ETH with its PoS implementation or simply switch to another coin that's much easier to mine or stake. With an ever-growing crypto market, there's a choice for everyone. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seramania

Activity: 827
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 04:29:58 PM

by lowering the minimum ETH many participants will be, but maybe with the decrease the results obtained cannot be maximized, and inevitably decrease. so with a big bet it only applies to a few participants who have large capital, but also large income

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
bileq
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1068

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 04:45:28 PM
Merited by electronicash (2)

there will be 2 chain, eth1 (POW chain) will continues, and eth2 (POS chain) will created as beacon chain.
and there will be a smart contract on pow chain to send eth coins to pos chain. this chain is one direction and contract only has deposit method. so you can never take your coins back from pos chain to pow chain.

on pos chain 32 ether needed for validator account

https://blog.ethereum.org/2019/11/21/eth2-quick-update-no-4/
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2019, 05:15:03 PM

if you earn by just staking its still profitable.
you don't know yet how much will eth be after they are going to shift to POS but i'm almost certain before this shift will happen there will be huge dumps, if you want to stake you might consider waiting for that to happen first. 32 eth isn't a huge as what Dash needs to run MN. if there will be pool, i guess you can just invest few ETH and join the pool.

Well, at least the 32 ETH requirement is quite affordable compared to a DASH masternode. As long as ETH remains relatively low in price, anyone could easily afford 32 ETH with their Fiat currency of choice. The real deal would be if ETH rises to new ATHs across the market. Imagine how costly it would be to obtain 32 ETH with a price of over $1,000 per ETH. By then, only wealthy people will be able to effectively secure the ETH blockchain. For the rest, staking pools seems to be the way to go to make some "extra cash" with any amount of ETH held onto the service.

Nonetheless, the minimum requirement of 32 ETH can be left as is or lowered at will if devs decide to do so. After all, it's too early to talk about this since ETH is not a full-fledged PoS coin yet. Some say that ETH will turn into a hybrid coin (PoW + PoS) while others believe that Ethereum will adopt PoS in its entirety. If it turns out to become a hybrid coin, then it'll be a blast as there will be flexibility for people looking to support the ETH blockchain in every way. The ETH dev team should look for ways to maintain the blockchain as decentralized as possible instead of focusing on profit. Just my thoughts Grin

i've read the update so its a hybrid just like you said. will it help the network to enable more TPS?

what i'm saying though is that to secure the profit, you may want to wait first because every time a coin shifts to another algo, the price usually sinks. if you buy ETH today the price could be higher than what might it be after the POW. it could be less $100, so save some USD til you see what will happen. prices will always dip, some whales are going to drag its price down.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
dnsokoljuk

Activity: 924
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2019, 06:40:17 PM

I came up with an article across the web, explaining Ethereum's staking requirements in the future which is going to be a minimum of 32 ETH. Multiplying this with current prices, I get an average of $5,780 (USD) (at $180 per coin). This doesn't seem cost-effective for the average person, as it's somewhat expensive to start earning rewards from the ETH blockchain. If ETH devs leave that requirement for staking upon the launch of Ethereum 2.0, I'm afraid that the blockchain will be less secure than what it is right now (as less people will be able to keep the network strong).

The best solution would be to lower the minimum ETH required for staking in order to encourage the average person to support the blockchain as much as possible. With lower costs, nearly anyone will be able to join the ETH blockchain, making it much more resilient against third-party attacks. What do you think about this? Huh

For sure! If staking will be lower - more peoples will enter this scheme. Furthemore - it will be a good effect for a price. A ot of people decide to buy ETH for receving their percents for a staking.
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 06:54:20 PM

there will be 2 chain, eth1 (POW chain) will continues, and eth2 (POS chain) will created as beacon chain.
and there will be a smart contract on pow chain to send eth coins to pos chain. this chain is one direction and contract only has deposit method. so you can never take your coins back from pos chain to pow chain.

Read that update but didn't find any requirement on 32 ETH to launch validator contract. Could you be a more specific on that by providing the link to official source?
bileq
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1068

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 08:38:30 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2019, 01:58:21 PM by bileq

Read that update but didn't find any requirement on 32 ETH to launch validator contract. Could you be a more specific on that by providing the link to official source?

actually, i am searching this 32eth for validator account argument. its rumour too Smiley its not announced official but on this message vitalik confirmed this rumours Smiley
https://twitter.com/vitalikbuterin/status/1002914813578637312
Chukwunonso

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 03:25:13 AM

Shrimp holders can do a group staking same idea on a group buy. They just need a trusted person to hold and stake there funds on the ETH contract. They might decided to set the amount high so that it will not flood ETH network for too much mini transaction.

I still believe that shrimp holders will be more beneficial to this staking option. I doubt if individuals would risk 32 eth into a single staking program. Even the whales would find it difficult to invest such a sum considering the inherent nature of the industry. I would advise that they should reconsider the minimum amount of investment to attract more investors or better still, create a strategy that will help more ethereum holders to come into the fold.

On a second thought, I have a strong conviction that this staking program could contribute to an increase in the value of ethereum. I would personally love to see ethereum grow in value and compete rightly with Bitcoin.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 08:02:37 AM

actually, i am searching this 32eth for validator account argument. its rumour too Smiley its not announced official but on this message vitalik confirmed this rumours Smiley

If you are actively watching reddit and you can easily find an interesting discussion about why vitalik was taking 32 ethereum as the minimum requirements to be the validator.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/9zyv29/when_will_we_know_32_eth_for_pos_is_the_final/
It's clear if vitalik has been answering so many questions about that and it's not just only a rumour without argumentation.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 07:51:09 PM

i've read the update so its a hybrid just like you said. will it help the network to enable more TPS?

what i'm saying though is that to secure the profit, you may want to wait first because every time a coin shifts to another algo, the price usually sinks. if you buy ETH today the price could be higher than what might it be after the POW. it could be less $100, so save some USD til you see what will happen. prices will always dip, some whales are going to drag its price down.

That's certainly true, mate. Ethereum's price could experience a short term increase in price as a result of its PoS upgrade. However, it could quickly decline in price as hype comes to an end. This is the same as Zcash where it reached an ATH of over $5k per coin, just to be valued at nearly $40 per coin today. The steep decline in price, has left many early investors financially bankrupt. The smart people would buy ETH a couple of months after the PoS upgrade is released. Only then, they'll be able to obtain the minimum 32 ETH for staking at the lowest prices possible.

Considering that PoS hasn't even launched yet, it may be too early to tell if the 32 ETH requirement will be fixed or changed over time. If I were part of the dev team, I would encourage the decentralization of the network as much as possible. Setting a dynamic requirement instead of a fixed amount, could prove to be ideal in a highly-volatile crypto market. Imagine if 1 ETH would've cost $500. It would take the average person $16,000 to secure the ETH blockchain for the foreseeable future. While there's still the choice of staking pools, the number of participants in ETH's consensus will be very low increasing the chance of centralization.

Nonetheless, if ETH remains a hybrid cryptocurrency forever, then there would be no need to worry about the required number of coins for staking. People who can't afford 32 ETH, could simply resort to mining the cryptocurrency with GPUs. This will maintain the decentralization of the underlying blockchain for many years to come. But if ETH goes full PoS, the decentralized model of the blockchain will be put at risk threating the security of the world's second largest cryptocurrency by market cap. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 09:21:24 PM

I don't think the 32Ethers is much if you want to stake, they need to make it worthwhile for the stakers, if you stake over $5000 in asset the ROI on investment need to be significant to encourage more people to stake. I believe there would be services that would offer staking for those that do not have 32Ethers to stake. Just like that of Dash shared Masternodes

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 01:38:46 AM

I don't think the 32Ethers is much if you want to stake, they need to make it worthwhile for the stakers, if you stake over $5000 in asset the ROI on investment need to be significant to encourage more people to stake. I believe there would be services that would offer staking for those that do not have 32Ethers to stake. Just like that of Dash shared Masternodes

That's why I don't think the argument that 32 ETH is too high makes much sense. Just go with a service or pool or something similar for those who have less. We aren't talking about insane amounts of money regardless ... this isn't like 1M, what a Dash node used to cost.
BitcoinHunt3r
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1155

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2019, 03:48:04 AM

That's why I don't think the argument that 32 ETH is too high makes much sense. Just go with a service or pool or something similar for those who have less. We aren't talking about insane amounts of money regardless ... this isn't like 1M, what a Dash node used to cost.
Maybe it all because a lot of people already expect that they will stake their coin with any amount of ETH. And then with this amount, and people don't know maybe there are service or pool for they who have less (honestly i just know it too because read your post), will complain about it. At first, i think 32 ETH is a big amount too because maybe there are a lot of people who can't afford that amount of ETH.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
rez303

Activity: 338
Merit: 10

StartFi

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 04:12:46 AM

I came up with an article across the web, explaining Ethereum's staking requirements in the future which is going to be a minimum of 32 ETH. Multiplying this with current prices, I get an average of $5,780 (USD) (at $180 per coin). This doesn't seem cost-effective for the average person, as it's somewhat expensive to start earning rewards from the ETH blockchain. If ETH devs leave that requirement for staking upon the launch of Ethereum 2.0, I'm afraid that the blockchain will be less secure than what it is right now (as less people will be able to keep the network strong).

The best solution would be to lower the minimum ETH required for staking in order to encourage the average person to support the blockchain as much as possible. With lower costs, nearly anyone will be able to join the ETH blockchain, making it much more resilient against third-party attacks. What do you think about this? Huh
Historically, staking a lot of coins is a common thing. reducing it is impossible because its default mechanism is so and this game is only for the rich. That $ 5,780 symbolizes that you spend money to mine coins but you don't lose your electricity or land rental costs. you will be much more profitable and so will the business doing staking. So that is a very normal level.

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 04:15:39 AM

I think it is quite expensive for me and the poor. and I have heard more about the new staking information that the more people who deposit the money into the staking system, the more rewarded they will be than those with less money. There is mechanism that will be blocks with more ETH will have more slots to handle blocks => have more bonuses. This is truly an injustice for us.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
TanakabZX

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 05:12:24 AM

Not everyone will be able to start staking eth because of its minimum requirement of 32ETH, honestly its way too much, i don't see how this will help because if the minimum is 5ETH it will be easier for people like me and Eth stakers will be many as well

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 02:44:20 PM

Hm...one and half year old message... , that could change at the end. From where I sit....the minimum of 10 ETH for staking  would be more fair deal.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 08:43:36 PM

Maybe it all because a lot of people already expect that they will stake their coin with any amount of ETH. And then with this amount, and people don't know maybe there are service or pool for they who have less (honestly i just know it too because read your post), will complain about it. At first, i think 32 ETH is a big amount too because maybe there are a lot of people who can't afford that amount of ETH.

The thing I don't get is why it even matters. If someone has say, 10 ETH, and gets 5% a year, so then he has a earned a mighty .5 ETH on an investment that can change in value at a greater rate than 5% daily. And if we pretend things remain stable, that half an ETH is worth a mighty $75 or so (currently). It's not enough to get riled up about. The only way it'll matter is with huge sums of ETH (and then 32 ETH is nothing), or if ETH goes to insane prices. But in that case, just time the market right to sell and you'll be better off.

As coins that are staking will be locked up in the early phases. With smaller amounts, one probably would be better off trading than staking.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 08:41:36 PM

Historically, staking a lot of coins is a common thing. reducing it is impossible because its default mechanism is so and this game is only for the rich. That $ 5,780 symbolizes that you spend money to mine coins but you don't lose your electricity or land rental costs. you will be much more profitable and so will the business doing staking. So that is a very normal level.

If you're able to achieve ROI in the long run, then the 32 ETH requirement is fine. Then main issue would be ETH's price across the crypto market. At current prices, 32 ETH may not seem like much in terms of USD, but it could be a lot of money once prices start to rise on the market. While there's still the choice of staking pools, the profit you'll earn will never the same as staking with 32 ETH. We're still early from experiencing a PoS version of Ethereum, though. In the long run, devs could either decide to lower or increment the ETH requirement depending on the community's approval.

As many have said earlier, ETH will be a hybrid cryptocurrency which is a plus for maintaining decentralization. If it remains a hybrid crypto for the foreseeable future, people will have a choice to either stake or mine ETH greatly encouraging the decentralization of the entire network. Even the 32 ETH requirement seems to be much more affordable than 1000 DASH for a masternode. So I've figured that there may be no reason to worry about the staking requirements for ETH as long as the cryptocurrency remains self-sustainable for years to come. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
GeorgeFeb

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 09:13:44 PM

There are will be staking pools for sure.
And 32eth is not so much actually if we are talking about real investment

Wouldn't mind to have at least this amount, lol!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: