Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:08:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LIST]Open Merit Source Applications,waiting list.  (Read 3903 times)
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 07:59:51 AM

If I may appoint someone on the local Indonesian board who might be able to become a Source of Merit, I will appoint roycilik he is active every day.
Since there is a Merit source member from Indonesia who has been inactive for a long time pandukelana2712 maybe he can switch his position to roycilik

Because it is unfortunate that someone who is a source of Merit but does not do his job properly.

This is a good suggestion but I think roycilik should approve it first, because some people does not really want to be a merit sources. In case he wants to become a merit source then he has to follow the same procedure as everyone else, make list with 10 good posts, deserving more merit.
I had some communication with roycilik and I will support his application if he takes this decision Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2212

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 10:01:37 AM

Perhaps instead of candidates nominating themselves, we should have candidates who are nominated by others and also exhibit the capacity to be impartial when dispensing those merits.

Then again, we probably wouldn't have *any* merit sources if we had to wait that long such is the flawed system we currently have in place.

Debonaire217

Activity: 644
Merit: 364

In Code We Trust

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 11:09:42 AM

Perhaps instead of candidates nominating themselves, we should have candidates who are nominated by others and also exhibit the capacity to be impartial when dispensing those merits.

Then again, we probably wouldn't have *any* merit sources if we had to wait that long such is the flawed system we currently have in place.

This basically the test of the will on how these candidates are really willing to voluntarily distribute merits to those who are deserving. IMO, if we nominate merit sources and these sources aren't really dedicated to help the forum group, them, becoming merit source will not be effective enough for the forum.

Thus, self nomination of the members who are truly passionate and dedicated to distribute merit is quite better. In addition, the other members could also provide their insights, supports to whoever will try to apply for becoming a merit source.
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 11:17:38 AM

This basically the test of the will on how these candidates are really willing to voluntarily distribute merits to those who are deserving. IMO, if we nominate merit sources and these sources aren't really dedicated to help the forum group, them, becoming merit source will not be effective enough for the forum.

Thus, self nomination of the members who are truly passionate and dedicated to distribute merit is quite better. In addition, the other members could also provide their insights, supports to whoever will try to apply for becoming a merit source.

I've seen numerous threads debunking merit sources dishing upwards of fifty merits in one go.

When was the last time you saw a thread (or even a single post) saying a merit source got it right?

cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1315

View Profile
February 21, 2020, 08:01:41 AM

The task is voluntary mate. What if that someone you nominated hasnt up for the job? So I think its better to stay with the same method of self nomination and application..

I kinda like the idea but there are some lapses too like what @Debonaire217 mentioned.

Thus, self nomination of the members who are truly passionate and dedicated to distribute merit is quite better.
Agree with this. A voluntary task is way more effective and we can see his determination to do so. Plus Theymos will pick him up to see if his really qualified.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
February 21, 2020, 10:01:36 AM

~
When was the last time you saw a thread (or even a single post) saying a merit source got it right?

No one will open thread just to say "thank you" but of course if you do something others don't like or accept, then you get all the hell over your head. Anyway, we should keep it that way as it is.
If you show a desire to be a merit source and bear all the responsibilities, others can support your application.
If you thinks someone is eligible for a merit source, then just PM him with a question if he wants to become one. It's very easy Smiley

AakZaki
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1076

Youtube Channel = Aak Zaki

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2020, 01:19:31 PM

Merit source isn't a job, it's voluntary action.
more precisely is to assume responsibility as @iasenko said, if that responsibility is not carried out as it should then what is the point of being a source of Merit.

because in my opinion the purpose of being made a source of merit is just to distribute it well.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
February 21, 2020, 06:12:06 PM

~

No one will open thread just to say "thank you" but of course if you do something others don't like or accept, then you get all the hell over your head. Anyway, we should keep it that way as it is.
If you show a desire to be a merit source and bear all the responsibilities, others can support your application.
If you thinks someone is eligible for a merit source, then just PM him with a question if he wants to become one. It's very easy Smiley

Was that a threat?

I guess you never heard of the "Newbie of the Year award".

Roll Eyes

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 16327

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2020, 01:08:53 PM

But it's not realistic to expect volunteer to do their "responsibility" for long time. Some people might leave because they're no longer interested or have more important things to do..
That's probably one of the reasons why theymos looks for "somewhat established members": they're not likely to quickly disappear.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 08:14:27 AM

Bump!

TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
March 10, 2020, 01:17:47 AM

Another reminder for theymos.
If i am chosen to be a merit source, here is my merit policy
Depending on the monthly allocation i would send 1-2 merit to regular good post, will double the amount for exclusive posts with a lot of effort and valuable content.
If by the end of the month i stil have some source merit left will dump it to those who are generally good user with lack of some merit to rank up. Most of the time those are people who are active in not so popular sections but have helped a lot of people.
One example is Mattthev. He really deserves to rank up. I have made lists with users like him before, I'll keep doing them.

AakZaki
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1076

Youtube Channel = Aak Zaki

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2020, 06:25:43 PM

It looks like the OP has been revised again, now complete with a list of applications to become a source merit.
On the OP my application does not exist or @iasenko forgot to enter it.  Would happy to see if the application is also included on the OP.
   N      User      Application      Date   
   +       AakZaki      Application      10-Mar-20   

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
March 14, 2020, 11:36:29 PM

It looks like the OP has been revised again, now complete with a list of applications to become a source merit.
On the OP my application does not exist or @iasenko forgot to enter it.  Would happy to see if the application is also included on the OP.
   N      User      Application      Date   
   +       AakZaki      Application      10-Mar-20   

I have not forgot about it, i just have no free time after our country closed down. Im taking care of my kids and everything else is just a lower priority for the moment. I haven't give up on the forum and as soon as this madness ends I will back as usual. I'm not worried about the virus itself but all this panic around it.
I'll update the OP now.

TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
May 23, 2020, 07:41:52 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2020, 06:14:02 AM by iasenko

New application to add : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5249485.0

Updated.

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 04:02:42 AM

I haven't read through the list of other applicants (no offence to anyone applying).

From the questions I've already asked Alani123 I like the answers he's given - this is the kind of attitude I'd like to see not just in new merit font applicants, but to put to the current merit fonts to either lift their game, or step aside and let someone with Alani123's overview of the forum take charge.

LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2020, 08:33:02 AM

I finally managed to empty my source Cheesy Giving 6 sMerit at a time solved it. This also prevents mistakes.

I would however like to transfer 50 source sMerits per month to LoyceMobile. I now often notify myself from Mobile to Merit a topic, so making LoyceMobile a Merit source would be convenient.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 11:58:23 AM

I finally managed to empty my source Cheesy Giving 6 sMerit at a time solved it. This also prevents mistakes.

I would however like to transfer 50 source sMerits per month to LoyceMobile. I now often notify myself from Mobile to Merit a topic, so making LoyceMobile a Merit source would be convenient.

It's very confusing really.

Don't people already give your alt merits?  How would you exclude your alt from any ranking systems that utilised merit count in their keeping score of users' activities?  I seem to recall also that you were at one point keeping track of the alts merits for when the alt is/was about to level up.  If your alt is showered with merits wouldn't that alt be able to participate in signature campaigns at higher levels?  You would also be able to ask more for the alts' signature space if the merits accelerated you ascension to legendary.

Very confusing indeed.

LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2020, 12:04:34 PM

Don't people already give your alt merits?
I'm talking about sMerit, not Merit Smiley In other words: make LoyceMobile a Merit source, and take the sMerit it gets from my LoyceV account.

Update: I get the confusion now, I make it sound as if I'm going to Merit my alt-account. That's not what I was looking for.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
elmanchez

Activity: 322
Merit: 143

away

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 12:08:48 PM

I'm talking about sMerit, not Merit Smiley In other words: make LoyceMobile a Merit source, and take the sMerit it gets from my LoyceV account.

Update: I get the confusion now, I make it sound as if I'm going to Merit my alt-account. That's not what I was looking for.

TMAN is still merit source?

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█       P A X F U L       █  █        ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█  █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 10:26:44 PM

Thanks for clarifying, there are still some nuances of the forum that occasionally trip me up.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: