Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:03:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: See a bitcoin/crypto scam site? Don't just ignore it. Report it.  (Read 1702 times)
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 06:25:53 PM

One more application I want to share with everyone here for possible safety measures towards all types of scams. Watchdog by Cryptopolice [link takes you directly to the chrome extension] - a project meant for community, driven by the community to save us from getting scammed. The app is free of cost - a great initiative that must be forwarded to everyone for more and more reports and a better crypto space.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 09:18:58 PM

Quite helpful to give awareness for people to report various scams that exist in our market. Some reasons I see why people won't take the extra step is because; [1] They have no knowledge on where to report such thing especially when related to crypto-space, [2] They don't want explaining and going through stuff they don't know about, or [3] Even if they report it, they expect no action and resolution from the institution that'll make scammers liable for their loss.
If we have the ability to analyze a site that is indicated by a scam then it is very good to help fellow laymen. And I totally agree with your description of those who did not report, I personally feel that. I do not have the special ability to analyze such things, so when there is a question as to why a scam is indicated, it is difficult to explain, except for phishing sites that clearly duplicate the original site, that I can only find easily through official accounts that are available. And I'm lucky to be able to get updated information about phishing site cases in this forum, and some caring members will definitely create a warning thread.

mk4 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 04:23:29 AM

One more application I want to share with everyone here for possible safety measures towards all types of scams. Watchdog by Cryptopolice [link takes you directly to the chrome extension] - a project meant for community, driven by the community to save us from getting scammed. The app is free of cost - a great initiative that must be forwarded to everyone for more and more reports and a better crypto space.

Ehh plugins like this are pretty much almost unnecessary if you're careful enough, though yeah I guess it'd be fine for the less-knowledgeable. Wish it was open-source though, I'd be skeptical with installing any closed-source browser plugin in general.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tbterryboy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 322

View Profile
February 18, 2020, 06:37:15 PM

That’s right, anyone that sees a scam site should report it or create awareness to help others to be aware of what’s happening. Some people don’t even do that, they just keep silent about it and only save their own ass lol.

You can still not report the site but create awareness maybe on this forum where a lot of people would see it and know that it is a scam, that way you will be saving others too from falling for the scam.I don’t really know how these sites works to stop scammers, but I have once reported a scam website using one of such sites. And I didn’t just end there but went ahead to also report them.
mk4 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 19, 2020, 05:44:12 AM

Some people don’t even do that, they just keep silent about it and only save their own ass lol.

I really don't blame them to be honest. Some people have been saying from time to time that people should be very wary of these scams and how people should spend some time on learning on how to secure their funds to the point that they pretty much sound like broken records already. At some point, it's going to get really really old. I can say this from personal experience.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Seth2009

Activity: 445
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2020, 10:51:05 PM

We have a group chat that really helps new people in regards with crypto activities. Especially in choosing legit and paying aidrops bounties and other related crypto investment. This is to ensure them of not being scam. Everytime they showed us of any links, we make sure that we practice DYOR for everybody's safety... Especially those with KYC..

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
Excell110

Activity: 98
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 12:50:11 PM

I like threads like this, I came across one some time ago, and am surprise they are still in play, check it out, and be guided https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5215051.msg53526794#msg53526794, I also made screenshots available on page 5.
 Thanks OP, people like you is what we need here in the forum.
Exolix
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

Secure and Anonymous crypto exchange service

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2020, 02:39:23 PM

mjglqw, the reports of such sites actually make a big difference because they become blocked in Chrome / Firefox, but also some popular security software is using the same data for they antifraud/phishing protection modules. So if many people report some site this will turn red light on Google's side, and they will block it very quickly.
Oh for sure. Almost forgot about that. I mentioned that the effect might be minuscule because chances are, by the time that we(the more educated ones in terms of security/scams) find out about these scam sites, chances are that a good number of people has already been affected. +1

as a variant, you can (and we all) not only indicate sites that are suspected of fraud or are scammers but also describe the parameters by which people can understand this.
Those. on the example of specific sites to make a guide. I think it’s possible to increase the effect

AssociatesBumble579

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 04:52:55 PM

We can't effortlessly avoid scammers because you can literally find them everywhere and they they are using different techniques/strategies to deceive . we need to have your own research to make sure. But really it's also a great help to report than just ignoring it. In a simple way, we're able to help others as a helping hand . We must practice to reports of bad sites .

DrawAthens031

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 06:38:26 PM

Spreading awareness about something like this . You might want to report something or someone  might have been a victim by now. If we spending a minute or two to report a scam site I've seen prevents a single person from getting scammed by bad people . I see that's a major win for us. In that simple way, we're able to help others.

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
Arkann

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2020, 12:53:53 PM

I believe that bitcointalk is precisely the resource that replaces the source of verified and truthful information regarding the authenticity of new projects, as well as the prospects of existing cryptocurrencies.  Many thanks to those people who always conduct an in-depth analysis of all information about companies and share their results with forum users.  Of course, if you possess information, it means that you are armed.  It's true.  but where can I complain to stop the activity of any fraud or to punish it?  It seems to me that the only sure way to counter this is to report fraud and disseminate reliable information about it.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: