Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:52:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in High School Syllabus  (Read 935 times)
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 09:05:14 AM

A good idea to implement such curriculum to the schools. To avoid the next generation from becoming an ignorant to the blockchain technology. I just hope the school will teach blockchain and bitcoin and it's history purely without advertising some of the future projects like ICO and IEO's.

With the implementation of cryptocurrency education to the high school curriculum, it should also be implemented to the lower grade school education as kids need to understand cryptocurrency as well. We, teaching them about becoming responsible for money should also include the updated form of currency in which they will utilize in the near future. But before this, we, the early adopters of cryptocurrency should be filled with wisdom regarding crypto. This will be the knowledge that we need for us to be capable of teaching our kids how to utilize crypto.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mammothcoin

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

KoinPro

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 12:27:59 PM

This inclusion of cryptocurrency(Bitcoin) education in the high school syllabus is an indication of a forward thinking government.  It also gives the youths early exposure to cryprocurrency,  allowing them build an opinion of what they think about it, how it can potentially replace fiat currencies,  and why it can or should be trusted. I look forward to seeing more of such.  Recently,  I stumbled upon the first university in the world to issue blockchain technology related degrees in Cyprus. Let the academic interest in blockchain technology continue to grow.

Doell

Activity: 2156
Merit: 531

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2019, 12:59:15 PM

basically it's a currency so your question about the euro or the future it might happen ,other than that bitcoin has become part of the future about payments so all of that can happen ,well regarding the 4th question I trust all currencies because it can made into payment for shopping or exchange

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
omfg.xekcep

Activity: 798
Merit: 2

*** https://www.buying.com ***

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 01:22:54 PM

Bitcoin cryptocurrency education will be implemented to French High School Syllabus. It is a new way to introduce money to students.
What's your opinion about this? Should cryptocurrency as a whole and blockchain be in schools curriculum?

Yeah, this is not a spoof as far as I know students learn crypto technologies and even make some researches not only in France. For sure that is often an optional course  but it does not matter. To my mind french high education has always been excellent especially in mathematics, physics as we know a lot of great french mathematicians, physics so unquestionably usually the french high education understands the further evolving of the science that is why the French have focused on the crypto technologies.

BUYING is here for you!
Meet buying.com’s
On-Demand Delivery System
-= https://www.buying.com =-
Aying

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

https://raiser.network

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 01:43:43 PM

basically it's a currency so your question about the euro or the future it might happen ,other than that bitcoin has become part of the future about payments so all of that can happen ,well regarding the 4th question I trust all currencies because it can made into payment for shopping or exchange

In time if everyone is positively accepts it. there is struggle but it will happen. now that crypto is spreading worldwide we can expect the learning system on it is improving. maybe, in 3 to 5 years we will saw it on public school that they offer degree course about blockchain and its cryptocurrency. everyone will trust crypto on how they saw and experience it when they use it. all online payment methods will include crypto as their main currency and everyone feel it fast and superb.

Watch out for this SPACE!
todiboa

Activity: 128
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 01:58:10 PM

According to the cryptocrunch: https://cryptocrunchapp.com/news/bitcoin-officially-included-in-french-high-school-syllabus/

Bitcoin cryptocurrency education will be implemented to French High School Syllabus. It is a new way to introduce money to students.

They are focusing on four Video questions:
1. Can bitcoin be a replacement to Euro?
2. Is bitcoin the currency of the future?
3. Is bitcoin is a currency like others?
4. Do you have to trust your currency?

Regarding this, it would be a good start to educate students about money and trust.

What's your opinion about this? Should cryptocurrency as a whole and blockchain be in schools curriculum?

Why not? I believe that Blockchain and Bitcoin should be studied by students so that they have an understanding of how it works and how can it be used in the future.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 02:13:21 PM

According to the cryptocrunch: https://cryptocrunchapp.com/news/bitcoin-officially-included-in-french-high-school-syllabus/

Regarding this, it would be a good start to educate students about money and trust.

I think that this is a good and revolutionary step, not just to teach them about crypto but today if you ask anyone about the origin of the money and why it has value they won't even know what to say, and if think that is one of the main reasons why they don't care or show any interest in cryptocurency other than it is profitable, and if you we teach the kids all about it and how bitcoin and the blockchain technology aims to change the way we look at it, and with that we help promote it and push its adaptation in the future.
teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 02:25:27 PM

That's a really innovative and interesting initiative taken by France but I think more stress should be first given on blockchain and making them understand what is the mechanism of blockchain and how does it works rather than clearly saying them to weigh both fiat and cryptocurrencies on their own scale. I think bitcoin's mechanism is what makes it beautiful and if just feed kids with merits of bitcoin we can never over come the demerits that come with bitcoin. However it is a  good initiative and I hope it's implemented nationwide in a more refined way. By the way if any student needs tutoring on this subject can contact me.  Tongue Tongue Tongue
Colt81

Activity: 630
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 03:06:36 PM

I think it will be a great idea that bitcoin cryptocurrency education will be implemented to French High School Syllabus because there is a huge chance that more people would buy bitcoin and it can be more recognized by governments in other countries. I also think that it will be an advantage for French High School students to study about bitcoin because they will not have any difficulties when in terms of understanding about bitcoin and blockchain technology that their knowledge about it will be broad, and it will be easy for them to buy and trade cryptocurrencies.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 03:52:41 PM

Depending on the point of view of the students, it will be good for them to know so early in the phase of their life.
I believe highschool is too early for them. Instead of studying on such thing, they should more focus on vital subjects particularly math and science because they are the most difficult ones. If studying crypto will be added in the curriculum then it would be much appropriate in college. Hmm, maybe this can be added on Basic Economics and absolutely on those who are taking Commerce related courses.
jakoylantern

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 06:03:14 PM

Depending on the point of view of the students, it will be good for them to know so early in the phase of their life.
I believe highschool is too early for them. Instead of studying on such thing, they should more focus on vital subjects particularly math and science because they are the most difficult ones. If studying crypto will be added in the curriculum then it would be much appropriate in college. Hmm, maybe this can be added on Basic Economics and absolutely on those who are taking Commerce related courses.
Yes, I agree with what you said, that it's too early for them to study that kind of thing and focus on primary subjects that inevitably will help them, especially in the future. But it depends on the country/ curriculum of the schools because they want to teach their students the economic factors that can be done using cryptocurrency, and also, this is their new way to teach and view the emerging currency. Smiley
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 08:30:41 PM

Don't you mean blockchain technology? Yes eventually it will be taught at school and they will be learning about us. We are the pioneer I wonder how long in the future schools will start teaching this stuff.
Remember it still needs to be adopted so those kids learning these lessons the future wish they could be us right now since we all got in early. It is still not too late.
developed countries are competing to claim everything as the first .

i mean for example there in france where they maybe become the first country who applying that policy to educate the young generation about what the future could be with blockchain technology , for the sake knowledge they take that risk.
where any other non-developed countries rejecting bitcoin entirely ... this is very obvious that developed country become more advanced and the non-developed countries become more left behind.

this is the matter of mindset , france is the one who one step ahead of us, this risk will be worth in the future!
France not adopt bitcoin as legal currency but they have try for giving access for their student to learn with bitcoin by make crypto as syllabus subject in the school, they have good innovation for the future before accepting bitcoin as legal currency with know first for their people. Many school not focus with real subject needed by student and give bullshit subject have to learn by student but bitcoin is the best way for adopting in the school.
yessss they are preparing for that mass adoption to come.

it is something that never crossed in our mind to have a formal education applied in the high school, this is just brilliant idea! they knew that the future is in this blockchain based technology and they take it seriously by doing this.
i can see how serious they are developing the blockchain industry if you take a look to the early years when there is a lot of crypto project popping up and involved french customer , the french government make a quick move by setting some regulations instead make it simple to ban bitcoin just like any other country in a non-developed countries in asia.

they are so open-minded , not really conservative welcoming a new thing like bitcoin.
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 10:33:39 PM

I think yes, well for starters they could include on some courses with computer and also the marketing industry such as computer science courses or business courses. Or they could introduce it to high school students and full package on college. This way the new generation leaders and marketers of the future are somewhat ready to face if ever crypto will go mainstream.
loan.ruiu1

Activity: 43
Merit: 6

I'm AMA Hunter!

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 01:31:24 AM

I entered the Bitcoin market since 2014, when very few people knew about BTC. At that time, BTC was only considered a gambling tool. Until now, BTC has brought fever with its value, volatility and technology. I guess there should be many BTC technology education classes, the developing world, we need blockchain technology when developing payment.
secretgirl

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 02:40:10 AM

it's a good idea to include the syllabus about bitcoin and blockchain to students. students will understand about bitcoin and blockchain properly. and in my opinion we should not only give a syllabus but also have to give a direct example. so that when they have graduated from school they can immediately look for income using bitcoin. and with the increasing number of people who understand about bitcoin and blockchain will encourage bitcoin to be adopted en masse.

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 12:34:26 PM

Adding bitcoin in the high school syllabus under the economics unit is good, specially if they'll be focusing on discussing the whole blockchain system which will be really useful in the future. Not only discussing and teaching students about bitcoin but the whole crypto scene.

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 12:57:32 PM

snip..

I really appreciate the quick steps taken by the Syllabus principal.. teaching Bitcoin in high school is very important because Bitcoin is now one of the ways to make money.  IMO, for Blockchain and Bitcoin included in the school curriculum, I think it is not very useful because Blockchain technology is still very new, in-depth research has not been done, and the level of knowledge about Blockchain and Bitcoin has not been distributed worldwide.  the teachers will most likely only look for references to teaching Blockchain and Bitcoin via youtube videos!!  I am afraid that a false understanding of Bitcoin and Blockchain technology will emerge in the future.

ebykamsiokoro

Activity: 310
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 01:48:27 PM

It's a great development, IMHO. I wish my country will actually inculcate Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in school curriculum. The blockchain technology is taking over almost all spheres of human endeavors and it'll be good to teach it to the kids while they're still young. If this is true, then kudos to the French government...
sureshverma

Activity: 52
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 02:07:15 PM

I do not think that it is worth paying much attention to bitcoin in schools, but it would be wrong not to talk about it at all.
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 04:03:25 PM

Adding bitcoin in the high school syllabus under the economics unit is good, specially if they'll be focusing on discussing the whole blockchain system which will be really useful in the future. Not only discussing and teaching students about bitcoin but the whole crypto scene.

We can separate the topics and subjects with regards to the crypto and blockchain. For the conceptual discussions about cryptocurrency, it is suited best for economics while the development of blockchain technology should be part of the curriculum of the tertiary education. In this case, both courses will have their best fitted support to further understand bitcoin, cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: