Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:45:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How important Private SmartContract is?  (Read 123 times)
pttdev (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 04:22:14 AM

I wonder why we need private smart contract?
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2019, 05:01:51 AM

Tho im not super familiar with them, id imagine just for the same reason you keep any code private (closed source)
Maybe you dont want people copying it, or maybe reverse engineering it for reasons, maybe to find vulns to use against your project.
Maybe they will copy your contract and market it against you, call it their own. A smart contract is like any other piece of code the way i see it

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 03:40:58 PM

It is possible the creator does not want anyone to deploy any code on it, to create. Which means no other token can be developed on it, except for that one which is the original and inherent to.
Also, I could be that cannot be forked.
sangjoewara

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 04:08:26 PM

Do not be surprised, because it is through SmartContract that everyone can distinguish the types of tokens, because if we do not know SmartContract from a token, of course we cannot make shipments or transactions from a token, that is what makes SmartContract important for us to know.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1500

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 04:16:16 PM

If you see private smart contract as a decentralized crypto backbine, Private smart contracts are the centralized ones! I can recommend an article for you to understand private smart contract. See below,

https://wiki.parity.io/Private-Transactions

Hope this helps!

Darooghe

Activity: 1120
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 06:02:14 PM

Smartcontracts are where we write business rules, whether in private or public block chain SMC are vital to create tokens and write business rules and logics. However, the whole idea about Smart contracts is to put out code in a transparent and immutable way. talking about a private smart contract is simply moving back towards are present centralized systems. so the answer to your question is "for nothing". The most popular smart contract platforms which I know have no private smart contracts.
dcomomal
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 08:16:14 PM

I haven't studied private smart contracts, but as far as I understood, private blockchains and smart contracts were built for private companies to use blockchain on their purposes without anyone having influence on their system.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: