Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:57:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anti ASIC/GPU/FPGA POW-algorithm. New (2019).  (Read 1181 times)
IadixDev

Activity: 322
Merit: 151

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2019, 10:43:46 AM

bitcoin solo mining that is used by 0.1% of bitcoin miners today.

It's not just for solo mining. Different pools also need to reach consensus among themselves. Your argument would be valid only if 99.9% of bitcoin hashrate came from a single pool.

Your protocol fails even in the very likely case that two pools mine two blocks with different merkle roots.

I don't see why this would be more problematic than the bitcoin network with mining pools.

Anyone can emit some work, as block header + work circuit, then miners decide on which work they want to mine, like they would choose a mining pool. If the work is invalid then the block is not going to be accepted by the network and they loose their work, so they need to have source for valid work with valid transactions and circuit that will match the protocol and will be accepted by other nodes.

Bitcoin protocol doesn't rules this at all, in theory nothing would prevent to have hash rate evenly distributed between 1 millions pools and the blockchain being in constant conflict. Miner choose large trusted pool because it maximize their reward and decrease the risk, the same logic should apply with this system.

It still require a form of miner id to distribute the work, and this miner distribution should be the same for the whole network, but then there can be different block headers proposition with different work circuit. As long as the final the proof contain enough information to confirm that the work is made and conform to the protocol, i don't see why this is more a problem than the current configuration with pooled mining.

Miners should have some sort of work-seed that they agree to work on, and all miners can check that the transactions are valid and match the merkle root, and that the work circuit is conform to protocol specification.

If the miner id is made with address/ip pairs, then ok one obvious problem is avoiding IP/address spamming. But if there is IP spamming, does all the IP lead to the same physical machine ? In that case that can be detected, and it doesn't even need a strong consensus because everyone can check this, and if IP are found to be clone of the same machine, they should be excluded from the miner pools. If it need a different physical machine or system for each, it's already not the same attack cost. And that would be the only garantee that the system give, you need to have a unique IP and address to be able to mine, and anyone who can provide that has equal chance to earn a reward, no matter how much cores or computational power it has.

If the decentralization barrier become about spamming address and IP for 1$ the billion, it's still not worst than 10 000$ of mining equipment and an hydroelectric dam.

The same principle still apply that even if miners provide an invalid block, proof of work, or that the circuit cannot be proved to fit with the protocol, then the block is rejected and miners wasted their work.

I'm not saying there is no problem with this approach, but i don't see a "fatal flaw" with it either.

You seem to have this stance that proof of work = bitcoin protocol, and if a solution doesn't follow the model then it's flawed, but that's what i would call dogmatism. Yes it's not the same model, it doesn't have the same characteristics and requirement, and it needs a good system to distribute the work, additionally to the pow, the proof for a valid block need to contain the miner circuit as well as the work itself, but is it really unsolvable , i don't know.

I'm just doing surface study for the moment, maybe there is something i don't see and i just take the problems one by one, and see if there is a really a brick wall to them, or in the end how resistant to byzantine fault it is, knowing that decentralized distributed system cannot keep consistency with 51% of bad nodes. That's same for bitcoin and any decentralized distributed system.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tevador

Activity: 23
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 20, 2019, 10:57:28 AM

I didnt see a point you made that not solvable with similar characteristics to bitcoin mining pool.

Bitcoin mining pools are centralized. What you posted are not real solutions for a decentralized blockchain.

Wanting To obtain funding is not incompatible with having a working solution, what kind of logic is that lol it make you skeptical, doesnt mean everyone "should be" Smiley

It's common sense to be sceptical when someone is asking for money on the internet.

its ironical for someone advocating decentralisation to make so many argument of authority, maybe there is room for skepticism about your opinion as well Smiley

Yes, I'm advocating for decentralization, that's why I don't see your centralized pool-protocol as a solution to anything.

And please look up what argument from authority means. I didn't make any. I simply pointed out the holes in this concept and expressed my opinion that they cannot be fixed. If someone posts an actual working solution, I'll be more than happy to admit that I was wrong.
IadixDev

Activity: 322
Merit: 151

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2019, 11:51:32 AM

Bitcoin mining pools are centralized. What you posted are not real solutions for a decentralized blockchain.

In the current state of things, its already the case that mining is mostly pooled, but this system would at least give a chance for small miners without expansive specialized equipment and limit the electricity bills. So in itself that would still make it less centralized than current situation.

But even the purely decentralized bitcoin solo mining would still fail with 51% of bad nodes anyway.

This system would probably be less expansive to game, but the huge power cost of bitcoin is the number one argument against bitcoin and crypto, if a solution can be found it still worth a try. Even if the model is different and doesnt have same characteristics and requirement, need to see the pro and cons and the bigger picture of the economic implied to see if it can keep consistency across all nodes, which is what interest me, im not extremely concerned with privacy.

flamehowk (OP)

Activity: 264
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2020, 06:33:11 PM

The official good news ...
Today we concluded an agreement with foreign investors on the implementation of our first project, which was called VenusGEET. Now, however, it will be realized under a different working name, but the essence remains the same.

Firstly, it is a cryptocurrency for everyone, the coin mining in which is protected from specialized equipment like ASIC, GPU, FPGA. That is essentially CPU_Only cryptocurrency. Such protection will be based on the innovative POW algorithm developed by me based on RBF (ring bit functions).

Secondly, it will be the first cryptocurrency such as RawCoin in the world, that is, a crypt whose value is tied to the raw materials most used by mankind.

Thirdly, it will be paired with a decentralized messenger based on the possibility of complete anonymity of users on the network, and will be provided with strong cryptography.

Well, there are still interesting things that I just do not want to reveal in the interest of intrigue.

In any case, this is a good and interesting project that has long been awaiting not only the crypto community, but also many users of information technology in the world. And I hope that he will nevertheless help our company take a step forward.

The VenusMINE project is an open source and open hardware project to develops the most fast architecture of the ASIC for Bitcoin miners in the world!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: