Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:29:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Manhattan U.S. Attorney Announces Arrest Of United States Citizen For Assisting  (Read 245 times)
target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 05:59:20 PM

While banks are regularly laundering money were not sanctioned to such crime. They prosecute Griffith for simply teaching which isn't even proven yet.
Obviously Griffith is going to be face big players which will probably landed him to jail for life.

I think the guy was noble for wanting to teach others, especially within a country like Korea but really he didn't practice his due diligence and is now facing the harshest of consequences. North Korea has a lot of smoke with the U.S, mainly because of all of the threats they have made to wipe it out. This guy Virgil is extremely lucky that he isn't being tried for treason or worse. He could at least have went to contact Dennis Rodman for help first, they literally love Rodman over there more than Michael Jordan as weird as it may sound.

If they are going to make this crime so big, they can charge treason. He was warned before he flew there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 11:42:07 PM

I'm not saying Virgil Griffith is guilty but the judge already agreed with a bail and he also doesn't view him as a flight risk whatsoever he even has a clean record on had to convince the judge even more. Another thing that makes me don't jump into any conclusion is I know for a fact that the authorities in the US are having several kinds of these witch hunts for far too long to sense that on matters like this so I cannot say that the US is seeing things clearly here or they are just easy to accuse someone on things they haven't really done.

If it's proven then it's an extremely straightforward case. He went to an enemy of the US under almost universal sanctions and educated them further in how to evade them. It doesn't really get much more simple than that.

The nature of cryptocurrency and the nature of the DPRK's way of operating would make it a screaming no to me at least.

Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 02:22:48 PM

If it's proven then it's an extremely straightforward case. He went to an enemy of the US under almost universal sanctions and educated them further in how to evade them. It doesn't really get much more simple than that.

The nature of cryptocurrency and the nature of the DPRK's way of operating would make it a screaming no to me at least.

Well they have to prove that in court first and even with some accusations about Griffith renouncing his US citizenship and assets found in his home in Singapore it wasn't enough to convince the judge that Griffith doesn't deserve to post bail. That in a sense is a big step forward telling us that what the plaintiff have isn't that enough to put him in jail for a while, he was even allowed to use his passport domestically to meet his lawyers. If they only have a video of the actual event Griifth held and heard and see what he is talking about I think that would be enough to nail him in prison.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████