View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:57:18 PM

1. Single and right answer "The Dev himself"
davetheshrew

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:11:25 PM

I stole them and bought a car then took a dump in the devs shoe, lol jk it was the dev, there was no dump.

My [POT] address PKGbqyqnVLvMoxmYq1YAm7dKAxue52LeNj
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:52:02 AM

How many stupid threads are you going to start about this? Lame.

By the way folks BCX admitted he mines DGC in the last thread about this so go figure eh.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514689.msg5756708#msg5756708

Or just in case he tries to delete the post.

http://snag.gy/NSPTM.jpg

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:57:20 AM

Here are the details of the transactions.

Investigate it yourself and post your 'conclusions ' :

This is the block which I believe contains all the stolen coin transactions from March 8th

http://dgc.blockr.io/block/info/758830

Every address which DGC was moved from and to is inside this block. Why don't you just take a look.

This is the block - it happened at the same time as the theft and contains more than enough coins to cover the stolen coins.

As you will all know very well the block shows every address where coins come from and where they go to.

You're turning into some kind of malevolent and irritating prick over this issue.

Every transaction and address is all there in the block - just get off your lazy ass and go take a look.
samson
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:21:54 AM

Now back to the original question, Who is this mystery employee?

Why would he disclose the personal details of an employee to an internet troll like you.

Are you out of your tiny little warped mind ?
samson
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:25:37 AM

Recently Baritus the developer of Digitalcoin reported the theft of 500,000 DGC worth about $30,000 on the open market by an employee that physically installed a key logger on his unsecured and unlocked Windows machine.

Did you get any of this important information you've been begging for from the block I posted containing the stolen transactions ?

If so what are your findings ?

Please post the results of your investigation here otherwise we will all have confirmation that you've been full of shit all along and there's nothing to see apart from one hard working guy losing a significant chunk of his coins.

Will you apologise to Baritus when it turns out that your FUD campaign is nothing more than FUD ?
samson
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:35:55 AM

By the way folks BCX admitted he mines DGC in the last thread about this so go figure eh.

If I were you I wouldn't get too excited about bcx mining on that pool.  I read that in the other thread and that is his signature mark before obliterating sites. From past experience here I know he tends to get right in your face and leaves little doubt who is doing what. If you will go to the stats in that link he posted, you can see as he said, is donating 100% to the pool as I assume that's what the icon means? I don't think bcx is too interested in collecting dgc.

Apprently you haven't been around here long enough to know very much about bcx. A while back Baritus made some public challenege to a noob here to kill his new coin. When bcx stepped up Baritus made an apology thread clearly staing he wasn't talkiing to bcx. You should probably consult with Baritus and get his opinion before starting a war with bcx on his behalf.

Back on topic. I do have a fair amount of dgc and this does concern me for the integrity of the coin and its future. While certainly Baritus has the right to sell his coins, his credibility and reputation are on the line and posting the missing coins addresses is just the right thing to do.

The addresses where the coins came from and went to are all in the DGC block linked to above.

Go look for yourself.

There's dozens of addresses. Not one address.

If you want this information it's there - fetch !
r32godzilla

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:44:33 AM

If I were you I wouldn't get too excited about bcx mining on that pool.  I read that in the other thread and that is his signature mark before obliterating sites. From past experience here I know he tends to get right in your face and leaves little doubt who is doing what. If you will go to the stats in that link he posted, you can see as he said, is donating 100% to the pool as I assume that's what the icon means? I don't think bcx is too interested in collecting dgc.

Apprently you haven't been around here long enough to know very much about bcx. A while back Baritus made some public challenege to a noob here to kill his new coin. When bcx stepped up Baritus made an apology thread clearly staing he wasn't talkiing to bcx. You should probably consult with Baritus and get his opinion before starting a war with bcx on his behalf.

Back on topic. I do have a fair amount of dgc and this does concern me for the integrity of the coin and its future. While certainly Baritus has the right to sell his coins, his credibility and reputation are on the line and posting the missing coins addresses is just the right thing to do.

I have been around DGC a loong time since the first week actually and I speak to Baritus alot so know alot more than you think.  Baritus is not worried about a troll like BCX. What I find stupid is he is actually mining DGC while spreading FUD. If he had a half a clue he would help the community and hold this DGC to profit later on when it rises up which it will. I have seen his rants and threats for a long time here and on Cryptsy chat.

As for the idiots saying Baritus dumped the 500k DGC himself I will reiterate once again WHY would Baritus be as so stupid as to dump 500k DGC at rock bottom prices especially after working so hard on DGC for almost a year and CAve just being released. Anyone who thinks this has lost their marbles.

BTW Baritus has just employed an additional resource to assist recoding the necessary parts of CAve and getting it back up in a timely fashion. Now is a great time to buy DGC at an insanely cheap price which I suspect BCX is doing anyway given his FUD campaign.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
samson
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:48:07 AM

The addresses where the coins came from and went to are all in the DGC block linked to above.

Go look for yourself.

There's dozens of addresses. Not one address.

If you want this information it's there - fetch !

It's meaningless till Baritus post it. You have no way to know for certain. I am not here to fight with you.

It's not meaningless. Baritus came onto IRC and said his coins were stolen earlier that day.

I immediately went to the block explorer and found this block containing exactly what he had just described to me.

All the information is there and the times match up. There are no other blocks which could contain these transactions - this is the block.

If someone wants to follow the trails then I encourage you to do so.
RMaxwell

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:44:46 PM

Recently Baritus the developer of Digitalcoin reported the theft of 500,000 DGC worth about $30,000 on the open market by an employee that physically installed a key logger on his unsecured and unlocked Windows machine.

Does anyone have any idea who this employee is?

Did Baritus have an office somewhere for CryptoAve and Digitalcoin?

Even more puzzling is that Baritus will not list any of the public addresses of the "stolen" coins which would allow for tracking the coins or to even to verify a theft actually happened in the first place.

I think it is more likely this mystery employee does not exist, no theft happened and Baritus has unloaded or plans to unload the coins. He couldn't just sell them outright because of the way it would look to people that you are actively soliciting for investment money from.

~BCX~

Dev said "custom keylogger" so no hardware.  no diff than grandma clicking punch the monkey on her windows box.

Tell me again why 'security guru' not using secure os and best practices???
r32godzilla

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:11:31 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 01:35:00 PM by r32godzilla

Even more puzzling is that Baritus will not list any of the public addresses of the "stolen" coins which would allow for tracking the coins or to even to verify a theft actually happened in the first place.

I think it is more likely this mystery employee does not exist, no theft happened and Baritus has unloaded or plans to unload the coins. He couldn't just sell them outright because of the way it would look to people that you are actively soliciting for investment money from.

~BCX~

Dev said "custom keylogger" so no hardware.  no diff than grandma clicking punch the monkey on her windows box.

Do people not read?? This has been explained numerous times. The theft happened on Baritus' work machine (yes he does have a job in an IT related industry) while he left it unattended via a keylogger installed by a supposed "trusted" work colleague. Now are people telling me everytime they have left left their work pc they a) Lock it and b) upon return think oh my "trusted" work colleague might have keylogged me I better run a scan. No of course bloody not. Cut Baritus a break and stop acting like you have never left your pc at work unlocked for even just a few minutes AT LEAST ONCE. If you say you haven't your full of shit. Anyway even if the machine was locked a person with physical access such as the work colleague can still get into the machine another time and install the keylogger if they wanted to.

Baritus is one of the hardest working and most decent dev's out there. He could have ripped people off many times over easily if he wanted to over the past year. He does not deserve this treatment at all and I actually feel sorry for him losing such a large sum of his personal dgc via such a callous, brazen act from a trusted person. No one expects their work pc to be hacked by a colleague now do they?? Therefor most normal folk would obviously not be going above and beyond to secure such a machine at work given the usually low level threat in that environment.

CryptoAve on the other hand is highly secured and on seperate servers totally unrelated and no coins were lost during hacking attempts due to the security measures that were already in place. Once again this is more than can be said for other exchanges that have been hacked and lost customers coins. The site is down and being reinforced as we speak.

Now that everything has been explained YET AGAIN, FFS BCX and any other muckrakers get a life and go trade/walk/gym/game or whatever else it is that you do, this dead horse has been flogged enough.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
RMaxwell

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:09:48 PM

~BCX~

Dev said "custom keylogger" so no hardware.  no diff than grandma clicking punch the monkey on her windows box.

Do people not read?? This has been explained numerous times. The theft happened on Baritus' work machine (yes he does have a job in an IT related industry) while he left it unattended via a keylogger installed by a supposed "trusted" work colleague. Now are people telling me everytime they have left left their work pc they a) Lock it and b) upon return think oh my "trusted" work colleague might have keylogged me I better run a scan. No of course bloody not. Cut Baritus a break and stop acting like you have never left your pc at work unlocked for even just a few minutes AT LEAST ONCE. If you say you haven't your full of shit.

Baritus is one of the hardest working and most decent dev's out there. He could have ripped people off many times over easily if he wanted to over the past year. He does not deserve this treatment at all and I actually feel sorry for him.

As for CryptoAve its on seperate servers totally unrelated and no coins were lost during hacking attempts due to the security measures that were already in place. Once again this is more than can be said for other exchanges that have been hacked and lost customers coins. The site is down and being reinforced as we speak.

Now that everything has been explained YET AGAIN, FFS BCX and any other muckrakers get a life and go trade/walk/gym/game or whatever else it is that you do, this dead horse has been flogged enough.

Facepalm.

Professional security + best practices = no windows ever.  Only bsd based (free/openbsd or mac) or any *nix.

Physical access = attacker can copy or destroy files only.  Never able to fool owner into running bad daemons (user or root) or mod /bin etc.  Ever.

Strong local user passwords and high granularity permissions!

Know *all* your traffic.  Plenty of (full source) tools avail from repos.

All packages signed by trusted repos + rootkit detection + key auth only for remote logins.

Watch advisories for (rare) 0-days, get fixes quickly (good luck getting fix quickly from ms!).

Compile any code (esp wallets!) from source only.  Never trust exes from anywhere but ms. Ever.

Check box for unknown hw attached. Duh.

Basic.  Learn this stuff before ur coins are gone too!
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:15:00 PM

~BCX~

Do people not read?? This has been explained numerous times. The theft happened on Baritus' work machine (yes he does have a job in an IT related industry) while he left it unattended via a keylogger installed by a supposed "trusted" work colleague. Now are people telling me everytime they have left left their work pc they a) Lock it and b) upon return think oh my "trusted" work colleague might have keylogged me I better run a scan. No of course bloody not. Cut Baritus a break and stop acting like you have never left your pc at work unlocked for even just a few minutes AT LEAST ONCE. If you say you haven't your full of shit.

Baritus is one of the hardest working and most decent dev's out there. He could have ripped people off many times over easily if he wanted to over the past year. He does not deserve this treatment at all and I actually feel sorry for him.

As for CryptoAve its on seperate servers totally unrelated and no coins were lost during hacking attempts due to the security measures that were already in place. Once again this is more than can be said for other exchanges that have been hacked and lost customers coins. The site is down and being reinforced as we speak.

Facepalm.

Professional security + best practices = no windows ever.  Only bsd based (free/openbsd or mac) or any *nix.

Physical access = attacker can copy or destroy files only.  Never able to fool owner into running bad daemons (user or root) or mod /bin etc.  Ever.

All packages signed by trusted repos + rootkit detection + key auth only for remote logins.

Watch advisories for (rare) 0-days, get fixes quickly (good luck getting fix quickly from ms!).

Compile any code (esp wallets!) from source only.  Never trust exes from anywhere but ms. Ever.

Wow, date registered:  YESTERDAY

8 of 9 posts are in this thread.  If you want people to listen to you, take off that pink scarf and show your face.

-tb-

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:18:16 PM

Cryptos are seriously ready for the mainstream!
RMaxwell

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:54:14 PM

Do people not read?? This has been explained numerous times. The theft happened on Baritus' work machine (yes he does have a job in an IT related industry) while he left it unattended via a keylogger installed by a supposed "trusted" work colleague. Now are people telling me everytime they have left left their work pc they a) Lock it and b) upon return think oh my "trusted" work colleague might have keylogged me I better run a scan. No of course bloody not. Cut Baritus a break and stop acting like you have never left your pc at work unlocked for even just a few minutes AT LEAST ONCE. If you say you haven't your full of shit. Anyway even if the machine was locked a person with physical access such as the work colleague can still get into the machine another time and install the keylogger if they wanted to.

Baritus is one of the hardest working and most decent dev's out there. He could have ripped people off many times over easily if he wanted to over the past year. He does not deserve this treatment at all and I actually feel sorry for him losing such a large sum of his personal dgc via such a callous, brazen act from a trusted person. No one expects their work pc to be hacked by a colleague now do they?? Therefor most normal folk would obviously not be going above and beyond to secure such a machine at work given the usually low level threat in that environment.

CryptoAve on the other hand is highly secured and on seperate servers totally unrelated and no coins were lost during hacking attempts due to the security measures that were already in place. Once again this is more than can be said for other exchanges that have been hacked and lost customers coins. The site is down and being reinforced as we speak.

@r32

I can't help but notice you seem to have really deep insights into Baritus' thinking and actions but I love how the story keeps changing evolving as time goes on.

So your story is Baritus kept $30,000 on an unsecured public Windows machine that he only had access to a few hours a day while at work. Most IT firms have an internal network that is run by an admin that has access to every machine. If Baritus wasn't said admin, then this story becomes even more unbelievable than it already is.

I guess I am going to have to solve this mystery the old fashioned way through research. Figure out who Baritus is in real life, figure out where he works ad see if we can flush that thieving scoundrel of an employee out. Notice I didn't say I would out Baritus here. Of course none of this would be necessary if Baritus would post the addresses.

~BCX~

Since dev doesnt know security, maybe you could mentor?  Seem like good way to be postive and help rep.
ysbysb2000

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:12:48 AM

any  infomation?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:10:43 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514689.msg5756708#msg5756708

Or just in case he tries to delete the post.

http://snag.gy/NSPTM.jpg

all the more reason for him to want an answer.. and asked because he hasn't gotten one obviously.

i also don't mind seeing this posted because this is news to me pretty much aside from a small random comment on a another topic.
something like this totally deserves a topic of it's own and only a "digital coin stealing thief" would bitch it was mentioned.
go figure some guy pops up and complains that someone posted news about an exchange hacking..
hmmm who would be motivated to complain about that ? hmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
hey leopard your spots are showing Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:13:29 AM

There was no mystery employee.

Baritus sold $30,000 worth of his coins while at the same time soliciting funds from investors.

You would think if an "employee" stole $30,000 there would be a police report, a name or even simply posting the public addresses of the involved wallets. But Baritus has done none of the above.

~BCX~

ya no kidding if he had a shred of credibility he would post the addresses so the public can help track down and return his money
but strangely he is not very motivated to get this thirty thousand dollars worth of coins back.. hmmmm i wonder why ?

topic = rhetorical question
and what we can now get from this is the Secure coin Digital coin and many others "dev" is a fucking lying thief.
and THAT is some fucking seriously big news people ! The implications are pretty big on that.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: