Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:24:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Market Price Vs Limit Price  (Read 252 times)
maydna

Activity: 2898
Merit: 556

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 09:13:58 AM

Do you prefer to use limit price or market price when doing crypto trading? What are the pros and cons?

I think that would depend on the situation in the market. If one coin starts to increase, and you know that the price will increase so higher, then you can use market price so you can have the coin, and it's ready to sell at a higher price. Sometimes I did this in a short time trade because if I can see my chance to get a nice profit, it is better to act fast by buying the coin at a price now.

The other day, I wanted to buy another coin. I see that the coin has slow-moving at the market, but from what I analyze, the coin can increase in the next week, so I place an order buy with the price I want (I will make a lower price than the market price). So I can prevent if the price is down for more. And if my order buys filled, all I have to do is hold the coin or directly place in the price I want for the next week, so I don't have to always check at a price every day because it will automatically be filled when it reached my order sell price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vertex_ICO

Activity: 602
Merit: 8

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 07:20:59 AM

Do you prefer to use limit price or market price when doing crypto trading? What are the pros and cons?

Personally, I tend to use limit price because I've usually decided when I want to buy and sell before I enter a trade. Also, it seems as though sometimes exchanges make their market price fee higher than their limit price fee. I think whichever works better for you is what you should go with.
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 08:54:44 AM

As my own perception base on my own experience I prefer on limit price in which I just relying also on the orders. On the other hand, market price is just basis on the trading site but it still relying on the sell or buy order of the trading site. Also, it may refer the demand on the token as it may be support by many here in crypto currency community.
NeironixNV

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

https://neironix.io/

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2019, 09:16:03 AM

It depends on your trading strategy, if you are an active intraday trader or scalper, then you will most likely use a market order, if the scalper is exactly a market order. But if you are a moderate trader with a strategy on a 4-hour or daily chart, then of course there is no point in sitting on charts, you simply place a limit order and wait until the price reaches your fishnet. I prefer limit orders, as I am for free trading, which does not take away from a person all day, and the nerves remain whole and somehow it’s easier to live during the day, doing their own business.

https://neironix.io/
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 11:33:35 AM

depending on market conditions and prices. if the buy / sell order has finished, then I will see the price again. when the pump / dump price arrives. I will use the market price. buy or sell instantly.
but if the price is stable, I will use a limit price. it's better in my opinion. taking 5% -10% profit is using the limit price. that is safe.
Kocret02

Activity: 1120
Merit: 250

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 01:50:37 PM

I match the situation and conditions, I think doing market place or limit price will not be a problem as long as we can manage it well, and it can be used as one of our options as traders.

ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 04:13:36 PM

I think most traders that don't want to stay at the computer all day long use limit orders. An advantage to this is that most exchanges offer rebates for market-making which basically translates into placing limit orders aka creating liquidity for the market. Market price is mostly for the momentum and breakout traders out there who like to "lead" the movements by getting on the side of the impulse in the market. Also market orders are FOMO'ers best friend haha
iamsange

Activity: 901
Merit: 391

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 04:32:15 PM

If trading, maybe limit price is better. Market price maybe will be good for pump and dumped coin, i mean in past when a coin get pumped and dumped, when we not want to miss opportunity from it, we can use market price so we can buy or sell our coins instantly without afraid late to buy/sell. Because price movement will be very fast.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM