Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:59:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Cyber: A decentralized Google for provable and relevant answers  (Read 2010 times)
serejandmyself (OP)

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508

Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2019, 01:16:46 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2020, 01:23:12 PM by serejandmyself

A decentralized google. An innovative search protocol that provides provable answers, without an intermediary opinion

Built with the help of Cosmos-SDK / Tendermint / CUDA / Aragon

Product: GitHub | The app |

Community: Telegram | Twitter | Forum |

Original protocols of the Internet, such as: TCP/IP, DNS, URL, and HTTP/S have brought the web to a stale point. Considering all the benefits that these protocols have produced for the initial development of the web; along with them, they have brought significant obstacles to the table.

Introducing cyber: Cyber is a decentralized google, for provable and relevant answers, without an intermediary opinon. Its mission is to create a universal search protocol to (a) build an open semantic field of the internet with the help of blockchain technology and cyberlinks, and (b) decentralize the infrastructure of the web with the help of blockchain

Cyber is a brand new protocol for adding and searching information onto a distributed knowledge graph. Users create links between 2 IPFS hashes and place them on a knowledge graph by spending bandwidth (this means that transactions are free). Where one hash is the content and the other is the keyword. That content is then dynamically ranked with the help of digital tokens and the current parameters of the networks load. All this is computed by validators. This allows to search data on the web, rank it, query it and create knowledge databases without blackbox intermediaries .

The interesting thing is that such a simple mechanism allows creating a lot of powerful tools as a result. For example: unified semantics, SEO instruments, autonomous robots, and a lot more.

A Gift to over 1 million addresses:

We want to give the ability to evaluate the proposed approach for as many agents as possible, but without adding complexity such as KYC and/or captcha.
That is why we give away:

• 8% of CYB tokens in Genesis to the Ethereum community
  • 1% of CYB tokens to the Cosmos community
  • 1% of CYB tokens to the Urbit community

You can read more about the drop in our Gift FAQ.

Our values:

We do not believe in captchas. We do not believe in KYC. We do not believe in licensing and any other similar to the above-mentioned bullshit. We do believe in code. We believe in innovation and in making use of our knowledge to make the world a slightly better place for our children.

With that in mind, what I'm trying to say, is that cyber and cyb are not just technological results. They are much more. At its base lay the values of the team behind cyber. We hope that our project can re-create certain values of what we believe the blockchain paradigm stands for. With that said, we are open to communication and will be happy for any feedback on our code.

What can Cyber do?

Cyber can be defined as a smart, distributed computer. It can process, store and compute value in the form of providing answers to questions. At first glance, this might seem like a very primitive utility, suited, maximum, for an innovative browser. But that is far from the case. First of all, it is worth pointing out that Cyber provides useful computations! It is one of the first times in the history of blockchain technology where the computations done by the distributed computer have obvious and useful utility, not just to the end-user, but to the whole world. The forming of relevant and provable answers, that will shape an open semantics field.

An open semantics field lets you shape the internet differently. It allows users with interest in prosperity to receive more by using yesterdays' tools. It can make these instruments fairer, more efficient and more relevant. The basic idea is to create an Intercommunication Knowledge Protocol that can interact with everything that matters to the user. Cyber can account for a large number of use-cases, like: unified semantics, autonomous robots, programmable semantics, personal assistants, language convergence, universal oracles, proof of location and much more. All of these cases are built on semantics. Including simple cases like e-commerce, that can flourish fairly on local markets, thanks to a distributed, accessible knowledge graph. Queries can be delivered straight out of your personal browsing application. Answers can provide subjective relevance that is important at the time, at the place, for this community.

Other cases, like social networks, prediction markets, offline search, etc are also possible but are less global, although can have more reach, based on consumer behavior. The ability to create a Wikipedia without the censorship and blackbox intermediaries is astonishing. The idea of recreating search at its original vision, where you can search for academic papers, search inside of a social network, interact with your own search results, etc, is astonishing.

Specification:

• Consensus: Tendermint
  • Computation: CUDA / GeForce
  • Tokens: CYB / THC:
  • CYB: is a native token of the sovereign Cyber protocol powered by the Tendermint consensus algorithm. It has 3 primary uses: (1) staking for consensus, (2) bandwidth limiting for submitting links, and (3) expression of will for the computing of cyber~Rank
  • The genesis block contains 1 000 000 000 000 000 CYB (one petacyb or 1 PCYB)
  • There is currently no such thing as the maximum amount of CYB tokens, this is due to the continuous inflation paid to the network validators
  • THC: is a creative cyber proto substance. THC being an Ethereum ERC-20 compatible token has utility value in the form of control over cyber~Foundation (an Aragon DAO) and the ETH from the auction proceeds.
  • One of the core values of THC, is the ability to be able to receive CYB tokens (1 to 1) for anyone staking THC during cyber~Auction  
  • Prior to Genesis cyber~Congress has minted 700 000 000 000 000 THC (seven hundred terathc)

Teaser: Web-3 In-browser implementation:

Play the Game of Links:

You can play the Game of Links, which is incentivized testing of Cyber, by creating cyberlinks and filling the knowledge graph with... knowledge. Playing GoL allows you to earn rewards. Read all about it here!

Join cyber as an evangelist, spread the word and get rewards!

Join our ambassador program to earn rewards, test our cross-chain mechanics and build up your reputation in web3!

You can also earn rewards and help to bootstrap the network by running a validator node.

Why should you run a validator on cyber:

• You can use your cards to take part in computing the knowledge graph and be a part of an interesting project
  • You will be receiving rewards for running a validator, just like in Cosmos (ATOM)
  • You will be eligible to build your reputation in the system and can participate in governance during the mainnet
  • You can receive a commission from delegators on the mainnet
  • You can take part in forming the knowledge graph of the new Great Web
  • Become a web3 provider

Specifications:

In theory, if you are already using an instance with similar GPU's you might be able to run a validator node. But, to stay "true" to the cause, we recommend using the following specs:

• CPU: 4 cores (6 is better)
  • RAM: 16 GB (64 would be better)
  • SSD: 256 GB (512 is preferred)
  • Connection: 100 Mbit fiber
  • GPU: CUDA / GeForce 1070/80
  • Software: Linux, Docker

On our website, you can find a very throughout guide on how to start your validator

Test it now:

Please feel free to review out work on GitHub . Feel free to ask questions. Join the discussion on our Telegram chat .

Game of Links

cyber~license©

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gangster-Hamster

Activity: 938
Merit: 466

~[f#<k]G@@g13''''

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 06:20:13 PM

Hello, guys!
Do you plan to post weekly reports here?
serejandmyself (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2019, 02:07:13 PM

Hello, guys!
Do you plan to post weekly reports here?

Hey there!

Sure. I think it's a great idea. I will definitely try to post constant updates

Nice signature btw. Do they still do sig campaigns?

Game of Links

cyber~license©
Gangster-Hamster

~[f#<k]G@@g13''''

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 02:15:51 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2019, 10:27:38 AM by Gangster-Hamster
Merited by serejandmyself (1)

Hey there!

Yes, I like that signature too. I set this signature because I am a validator.
I'm not sure that a signature company is a good idea. I like the idea of a campaign to attract new validators. Perhaps in the future it is also worth attracting people to download links and content to the IPFS.
serejandmyself (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2019, 01:02:09 PM

Hey there!

Yes, I like that signature too. I set this signature because I am a validator.
I'm not sure that a signature company is a good idea. I like the idea of a campaign to attract new validators. Perhaps in the future it is also worth attracting people to download links and content to the IPFS.

Agree, i doubt a signature campaign these days is a good idea -)

Well, glad to see some validators here too! Hopefully we can get more people interested in the project!

Thanks for your input and help! If you have any ideas how to make this better will gladly take ideas!

Game of Links

cyber~license©
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2019, 08:49:59 PM

ooo this is pretty cool, <3 me some Tendermint, i think its one of the more interesting validation methods being developed right now
i need to get me some more info on this one, still in testnet i see? so not too late for us plebs to maybe become validators?
Very exciting to see this here finally, as i have heard about it here and there in the Cryptosphere over the last year or so Smiley

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 09:35:40 PM

ooo this is pretty cool, <3 me some Tendermint, i think its one of the more interesting validation methods being developed right now
i need to get me some more info on this one, still in testnet i see? so not too late for us plebs to maybe become validators?
Very exciting to see this here finally, as i have heard about it here and there in the Cryptosphere over the last year or so Smiley

I have checked also how to become a validator and seems that it is not too complicated.

@dev, I'm compiling your main.tex file but it is giving me error in line 45.

I even tried xelatex and lualatex, but to no avail.
I'm using TexShop Version 4.44 (4.44)
Can you share the final output instead? Want to see what you have here. Thanks.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 09:56:33 PM

What is the difference between using cyber and google in the browser search bar? You said the idea is amazing but is there really advantage of using cyb? Have you tested its usability?
Gangster-Hamster

~[f#<k]G@@g13''''

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 09:51:56 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2019, 10:31:57 AM by Gangster-Hamster
Merited by serejandmyself (10)

It's not too late to become a validator. But you need to wait a bit. A new test network will begin soon, and you can become a validator. The current testnet no longer rewards validators. After 7,000,000 blocks, a snapshot was made and the rewards that the validators will receive after Genesis are counted. Euler-4 (old testnet) validators rewards is 2.7 TCYB.
What is the difference between using cyber and google in the browser search bar? You said the idea is amazing but is there really advantage of using cyb? Have you tested its usability?
I think that at the moment it is difficult to compare Cyber and Google. Cyber is a Web3 type search engine and uses IPFS. Cyber is at an early stage of development. Developers and the community will have to create a good knowledge graph and a search engine for it.
serejandmyself (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2019, 11:21:01 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2019, 03:01:18 AM by mprep

Its the right time to become a validator right now. Well. We are in between euler-4 and euler-5 (two testnets). They are both incentivised, meaning that if you decide to run a validator during the comin testnet, you will receive part of the inflation when the testnet will launch. We also have some distribution games planned for the validators very soon.

We are preparing a launch-kit repo, which will explain all those things within 1 - 2 weeks. So I advise to follow our TG channel. I will also try po post updates here of course!

BTW, I advise you to check out how big validating on tendermint (and beyond) has become over the last year. Not only a lot of the projects are alive, developing and constantly releasing, but a lot are actually doing very useful things for the industry in terms of R&D =)

Thanks for pointing this out! I must have missed a line somewhere during one of the latest commits. Will debug this.

There is a good reason we aren't sharing the paper in a .pdf - it is still a work in process and we are still changing some parameters, which can be vital to the economy (for example even now, there is a pull request in the repo with fixes, so the main.tex in the /cyber repo is already slightly outdated).

We don't want to mislead people. So that's the reasons why we are still having people compiling it manually. To avoid any confusion. Although, it is over 90% done I presume.

Once again, sorry for this. Will look into what's broken

PS. If you really eager, you can always use the "rich text" version in overleaf. I know its a pain in the ar... thanks for understanding  Smiley

Great question!

I guess this means we need to do a FAQ to point out the main differences / advantages.

Coming to think of it, we have done some already:

Some are described in this readme, please check it out.

Eh. I guess I can be less lazy and upload the pic. Here we go:

Also, we have described some the possibilities that arise whilst using cyber, in the WP (as stated above it is still a work in progress and need to be manually compiled... but while I'm at this. I guess I might as well copy this to here too):

This is going to be a long text. So bare with me!

We assume that the proposed algorithm does not guarantee high-quality knowledge by default. Just like a newborn it needs to acquire knowledge to develop further. The protocol itself provides just one simple tool: the ability to create a cyberlink with a certain weight between two content addresses.

Analysis of the semantic core, behavioural factors, anonymous data about the interests of agents, and other tools that determine the quality of search can be achieved via smart contracts and off-chain applications, such as: web3 browsers, decentralized social networks and content platforms. Therefore, it is the aim of the community and agents to build the initial knowledge graph and to maintain it, so that it can provide the most relevant search results.

Generally, we distinguish three types of applications for knowledge graphs:
- Consensus apps. Can be run at the discretion of the consensus computer by adding intelligent abilities
- On-chain apps. Can be run by the consensus computer in exchange for gas
- Off-chain apps. Can be implemented by using the knowledge graph as an input within an execution environment

The following imaginable list of apps can combine the above mentioned types:
Web3 browsers: In reality browser and search are inseparable. It is hard to imagine the emergence of a full-blown web3 browser which is based on web2 search. Currently, there are several efforts for developing browsers around blockchains and distributed tech. Among them are Beaker, \sout{Mist}, Brave, and Metamask. All of them suffer trying to embed web2 in web3. Our approach is a bit different. We consider web2 as the unsafe subset of web3. So we develop a web3 browser Cyb showcasing the cyber approach to answer questions better and deliver content faster.

Programmable semantics: Currently, the most popular keywords in the gigantic semantic core of Google, are keywords of apps such as Youtube, Facebook, GitHub, etc. However, the developers of those successful apps have very limited ability to explain to Google how to structure search results in a better manner. The cyber approach gives this power back to developers. Developers are now able to target specific semantics cores and index their apps as they wish.

Search actions: The proposed design enables native support for blockchain (and tangle-alike) assets related activity. It is trivial to design applications which are (1) owned by the creators, (2) appear correctly in the search results and (3) allow a transactable action, with (4) provable attribution of a conversion to a search query. e-Commerce has never been this easy for everyone.

Off-line search: IPFS makes it possible to easily retrieve a document from such an environment without a global internet connection. cyberd itself can be distributed by using IPFS. This creates the possibility for ubiquitous, off-line search!

Command tools: Command-line tools can rely on relevant and structured answers from a search engine. Practically speaking, the following CLI tool is possible to implement:

Code:
cyberd earn using 100 GB

Enjoy the following predictions:
- apt install go-filecoin:     0.001   BTC p/ month p/ GB
- apt install siad:            0.0007  BTC p/ month p/ GB
- apt install storjd:          0.0005 BTC p/ month p/ GB

According to the most desirable prediction, I decided to try `mine go-filecoin -limit 107374182400`

Git clone ...
Building go-filecoin
Starting go-filecoin
Creating a wallet using @xhipster seed
You address is ....
Placing bids ...
Waiting for incoming storage requests ...

The search from within CLI tools will inevitably create a highly competitive market of a dedicated semantic core for robots.

Autonomous robots: Blockchain technology enables the creation of devices that can manage digital assets on their own.

If a robot can store, earn, spend and invest - they can do everything you can do

What is needed is a simple, yet a powerful state reality tool with the ability to find particular elements. \code{cyberd} offers minimalistic, but continuously self-improving data source, which provides the necessary tools for programming economically rational robots. According to \linkgreen{https://github.com/first20hours/google-10000-english}{top-10,000 English words} the most popular word in the English language is the defining article \code{the} - which means a pointer to a particular item. This fact can be explained as the following: particular items are of most importance to us. Therefore, the nature of our current semantic computing is to find unique things. Hence, the understanding of unique things is essential for robots too.

Language convergence: A programmer should not care about what language will an agent be using. We don't need to know about what language the agent is performing their search in. The entire UTF-8 spectrum is at work. The semantic core is open, so competition for answering queries can become distributed across different domain-specific areas, including the semantic cores for various languages. This unified approach creates an opportunity for cyber•Bahasa. Since the dawn of the Internet, we observe a process of rapid language convergence. We use truly global words across the entire planet, independently of our nationality, language, race, name or Internet connection. The dream of a truly global language is hard to deploy because it is hard to agree on what means what. However, we have the tools to make this dream come true. It is not hard to predict that the shorter a word, the more powerful its cyber•rank will become. Global, publicly available list of symbols, words, and phrases sorted accordingly by cyber•rank with a corresponding link provided by cyberd, can become the foundation for the emergence of a genuinely global language everybody can accept. Recent scientific advances in machine translation are breathtaking but meaningless to those who wish to apply them without a Google-like scale trained model. The proposed cyber•rank offers precisely this.

Our approach to economics of a consensus computer is that agents will pay for gas as they wish to execute programs. OpenCypher-like language can be provided to query the knowledge graph, right from within smart contracts.
We can envision the following smart contracts that can be built on top of a simple relevance machine with the support of on-chain WASM VM or CUDA VM:

Self prediction: A consensus computer can continuously build a knowledge graph on its own, predicting the existence of cyberlinks and applying these predictions to its state. Hence, a consensus computer can participate in the economic consensus of the cyber protocol.

Universal oracle” A consensus computer can store the most relevant data in a key-value storage, where the key is a CID and the values are the bytes of the actual content. This can be achieved by making a decision every round, on which CID value the agents want to prune and which value they wish to apply, based on the utility measure of content addresses within the knowledge graph. To compute utility measure, validators check the availability and the size of the content for the top-ranked content addresses within the knowledge graph, then, weight on the size of the CIDs and its rank. The emergent key-value storage will be available to write for consensus computer only and not for agents, but, values could be used in programs.

Proof of location: It is possible to construct cyberlinks with 'proof-of-location' based on remarkable existing protocols such as Foam. Consequently, a location-based search can also become provable, if web3-agents will mine triangulations and attach ‘proof of location’ for every linked chain.

Proof of web3-agent: Agents are a subset of content addresses with one fundamental property: a consensus computer can prove the existence of private keys for content addresses for the subset of a knowledge graph. Even if those addresses have never transacted on their chain. Therefore, it is possible to compute much provable essence on top of that knowledge, e.g. any inflation can be distributed to addresses that have never transacted in the cyber network but have the provable link required.

Motivation for read requests: It would be great to create cybernomics not only for ‘write’ requests to consensus computers but from ‘read’ requests too. Thus, read requests can become orders of magnitude cheaper but still guaranteed. Read requests to a search engine can be provided by the second tier of nodes which earn CYB tokens within state channels. We consider implementing state channels based on HTLC and proof of verification, which unlocks the amount of tokens earned for already served requests.

Prediction markets on link relevance: We can impel this idea further by the ranking of the knowledge graph, based on a prediction market on link relevance. An app. that allows betting on link relevance can become a unique source of truth for the direction of terms, as well as, motivate agents to submit more links.

This is surely not the excessive list of all the possible applications... but a very exciting one indeed.

And yes, we have tested it of course. You are welcome to test the browser too. Please bare in mind that it is not our priority before the chain itself is fully functioning.
You can check out the current alpha of the browser here (please be aware that this is very raw and might not work in places).
Once again, the browser is not our main goal right now. We will start concentrating on it when the mainnet is launched. As the chain itself is way more important at this stage

Game of Links

cyber~license©
Gash

Activity: 652
Merit: 123

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 12:52:37 PM

Oh my I got to peruse some web to find me some more relevant infos on this one. This does look super appealing but Im doubtful a lone guy or a couple guys behind this announcement have the capacity and resources to their disposal to pull this out. I think Im also gonna hook up to become a validator. Tendermint + cyber = google killer hell ya. We will see if this gets more attention in the coming months.
serejandmyself (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2019, 02:02:56 PM

Oh my I got to peruse some web to find me some more relevant infos on this one. This does look super appealing but Im doubtful a lone guy or a couple guys behind this announcement have the capacity and resources to their disposal to pull this out. I think Im also gonna hook up to become a validator. Tendermint + cyber = google killer hell ya. We will see if this gets more attention in the coming months.

I'm glad you bring the matter of being able to pull it off. 

Some of what we talk about is already functioning. Or shall I say "The beast is working" =)

I agree with you that what we plan is pretty much impossible to pull off for a single being /entity. Hence, we believe in the power open-source. This is why we need validators, a strong community of engineers and researchers. This is why we believe that funding issues on gitcoin can help us to attract the right people that can help us to build this.  This is why we drop the communities we drop and plan a hell of a lot more to come. We believe in collaboration. Strongly.

We honestly believe that what we are trying to buidl, by all means, should be a community effort rather than our own. This is why it's all open-source. This is why we are happy for people to come and fork us or build together with us  Wink
BTW, we hope that people will fork this and/or build their own implementations on top of cyber. For example specifically purposed knowledge graphs, rather than a general knowledge graph alone.

Will be awesome seeing you as a validator when the next testnet starts. I'm really excited that people find this idea (and its current implementation) as exciting as we do.

If I may add more thing - please check out our GitHub. I am positive you will be pleasantly surprised as to how far this already is.

#fuckgoogletogether =)   

Game of Links

cyber~license©
Gangster-Hamster

~[f#<k]G@@g13''''

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 04:16:13 PM

We are not as few as it might seem. We have 20 active validators, and several more people are waiting for a new test network to launch validators. I believe that in the new testnet, the number of validators will grow at least twice.
If you need more information about the project development process, you can join this telegram channel
This channel has reviews of some past developer meetings. They take place every Wednesday at 2:00 p.m. GMT in this chat
You can find two previous developer meetings here : 1, 2 
P.S. I am not a  team member and my words should not be taken as official. I am just a validator and a community member.

CjMapope
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2019, 04:58:49 PM

It's not too late to become a validator. But you need to wait a bit. A new test network will begin soon, and you can become a validator. The current testnet no longer rewards validators. After 7,000,000 blocks, a snapshot was made and the rewards that the validators will receive after Genesis are counted. Euler-4 (old testnet) validators rewards is 2.7 TCYB.
I think that at the moment it is difficult to compare Cyber and Google. Cyber is a Web3 type search engine and uses IPFS. Cyber is at an early stage of development. Developers and the community will have to create a good knowledge graph and a search engine for it.

it kinda sux that the rewards have been private members only till now, gonna be like VBK and when this goes mainnet there will be millions of coins from testnet carried over? : /
kinda feels like "ok we got our bags full, now time to go public" Sad   ill still probably participate as a validator, but i definitally suggest others beware speculating when this hits exchanges haha
i know i will be Tongue  learnt that lesson b4 on these type distros lol.  its not bad when its public, but ya when private groups stack in private THEN go public after thats kinda sketchy to me : /

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Gangster-Hamster

~[f#<k]G@@g13''''

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 05:49:58 PM

it kinda sux that the rewards have been private members only till now, gonna be like VBK and when this goes mainnet there will be millions of coins from testnet carried over? : /
kinda feels like "ok we got our bags full, now time to go public" Sad   ill still probably participate as a validator, but i definitally suggest others beware speculating when this hits exchanges haha
i know i will be Tongue  learnt that lesson b4 on these type distros lol.  its not bad when its public, but ya when private groups stack in private THEN go public after thats kinda sketchy to me : /

Our group of validators is not private. At this stage, anyone can become a validator. Previously, I was not familiar with the project team and heard about Cyber at the Cybercon conference. After that, I decided to become a validator and in April of this year I launched my node.
I do not think that the reward of early validators is too large. You still have a good opportunity to participate in this project.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 10:22:07 PM

Thanks for pointing this out! I must have missed a line somewhere during one of the latest commits. Will debug this.

There is a good reason we aren't sharing the paper in a .pdf - it is still a work in process and we are still changing some parameters, which can be vital to the economy (for example even now, there is a pull request in the repo with fixes, so the main.tex in the /cyber repo is already slightly outdated).

We don't want to mislead people. So that's the reasons why we are still having people compiling it manually. To avoid any confusion. Although, it is over 90% done I presume.

Once again, sorry for this. Will look into what's broken

PS. If you really eager, you can always use the "rich text" version in overleaf. I know its a pain in the ar... thanks for understanding  Smiley

Ah okay, got your point here. Didn't know that it is still unfinished business.
But anyway, yes, I can read what is the content of the document and use the overleaf instead.
I just thought when I was compiling that I can view it in pdf afterwards.
No worries then. Better make the document ready for everyone's consumption. Thanks!
serejandmyself (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2019, 11:10:16 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2019, 03:02:04 AM by mprep

kinda feels like "ok we got our bags full, now time to go public" Sad   ill still probably participate as a validator, but i definitally suggest others beware speculating when this hits exchanges haha
i know i will be Tongue  learnt that lesson b4 on these type distros lol.  its not bad when its public, but ya when private groups stack in private THEN go public after thats kinda sketchy to me : /

We haven't been private at all. We have been public since day one. Talking about the project at conferences, and some chats. Of course, you have to understand that the project is self funded at this moment and resources aren't as big as we would like them to be (((

So, yeah, I guess we are trying as best as we can to tell the world about this. And hoping people like you can help us in that mission =)

BTW, there has only been 1 incentivized testnet so far, this means that there are still a lot (and I mean A LOT, for example the distribution games plus our 10% gift of the total supply) more to come. Also please consider what was already mentioned above by Gangster-Hamster - testnet validator aren't getting the largest orf rewards in the world (then again we cannot employ them for free).

So I believe that now is the right chance to jump in ;-)

Ah okay, got your point here. Didn't know that it is still unfinished business.
But anyway, yes, I can read what is the content of the document and use the overleaf instead.
I just thought when I was compiling that I can view it in pdf afterwards.
No worries then. Better make the document ready for everyone's consumption. Thanks!

You are more than welcome to leave any comments that you would like about the paper (the content I mean), it would be highly appreciated and valued!

If you do have any, you are welcome to open an issue in this repo . It is peer reviewed after all  Roll Eyes

Game of Links

cyber~license©
CjMapope
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2019, 06:07:20 PM

We haven't been private at all. We have been public since day one. Talking about the project at conferences, and some chats. Of course, you have to understand that the project is self funded at this moment and resources aren't as big as we would like them to be (((

So, yeah, I guess we are trying as best as we can to tell the world about this. And hoping people like you can help us in that mission =)

BTW, there has only been 1 incentivized testnet so far, this means that there are still a lot (and I mean A LOT, for example the distribution games plus our 10% gift of the total supply) more to come. Also please consider what was already mentioned above by Gangster-Hamster - testnet validator aren't getting the largest orf rewards in the world (then again we cannot employ them for free).

So I believe that now is the right chance to jump in ;-)

i guess when i say "public"  i mean started a thread on a FORUM, not traveled to local events (theres 1000's yearly worldwide they are impossible to sift thru)
im sure you guys hung out on twitter where noone can have any real conversations and people censor/block anything they dont wanna hear, but that holds no value to some (believe it or not)
i just wish this woulda been announced here months ago when it started is all i'm saying, a.k.a "public" as in grassroots public, not crypto twitter/github public Sad
you have private angels i get it, they need fresh krill, but it wont be me sorry.     This is only imo of course, im sure the institutional dudes will love it haha
I look forward to seeing this evolve! Good Luck  Smiley

serejandmyself (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2019, 06:34:32 PM

i guess when i say "public"  i mean started a thread on a FORUM, not traveled to local events (theres 1000's yearly worldwide they are impossible to sift thru)
im sure you guys hung out on twitter where noone can have any real conversations and people censor/block anything they dont wanna hear, but that holds no value to some (believe it or not)
i just wish this woulda been announced here months ago when it started is all i'm saying, a.k.a "public" as in grassroots public, not crypto twitter/github public Sad
you have private angels i get it, they need fresh krill, but it wont be me sorry.     This is only imo of course, im sure the institutional dudes will love it haha
I look forward to seeing this evolve! Good Luck  Smiley

Thanks for your feedback again!

Not sure what you mean by institutional dudes - sorry (((

The projects has been funded out of our own pockets, for a while. We don't have private angels that need a "fresh kill". 

We don't do KYC / CAPTCHAS / Email registrations / AML / and all that other bingo bullshit - we really couldn't care less for any of this. We don't simply state what we do - we act on that behalf.

It is announced now, because I believe that announcing "dead" projects (without code / working testnets / documentation, etc) is somewhere along the lines of asking people to buy FIAT stocks. No, thanks.

Misleading people into buying something that is idea based - no thanks. We have been long enough in the space to not do those mistakes.

Early validators got a drop in the ocean out of the total supply and they deserved much more IMO. I don't believe that asking people to do free work is a fair game. Sorry.

Game of Links

cyber~license©
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 07:26:16 AM

where can see more info about core team and devs?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print