Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:02:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where and how to kick start a local project development.  (Read 148 times)
Bightening (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 18

I literally do byte.

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 10:23:50 PM

Some friends and I, having being working on a project we plan to develop for a while.
The much we have now, is the basic concept of the project, market analysis and some data. Very little amount of blockchain would be involved. Basically smart contracts. But not an ICO or what you’ll call a blockchain project.

At the moment, we plan on raising funds ourselves and when the project is ready, promote and use it locally. But since we don’t have any experience in building a high tech project, we are having some technical challenges.

- Where to find developers and programmers?
- who we actually need? And for what job?
- How much to bid?
- And every other challenge we might face while building our dream project?

Suggestions and experience shared would be great. Use of technical words is great too.

I hope there are days when your coffee tastes like magic, your playlist makes you dance, strangers make you smile, and the nightsky touches your soul.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 11:13:49 PM

If you do not provide a rough idea about the project that you are trying to build, it is very difficult to respond to your queries out of thin air.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 3010

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2019, 12:31:21 AM

Suggestions and experience shared would be great. Use of technical words is great too.

They're inside the virus; use the fiber optic AAC microchip to back up their array, or
if we program the firewall, we can get to the SSL antenna through the analog AGP bus!
Above all, try to inject the FTP antenna, maybe it will navigate the haptic transistor!

http://shinytoylabs.com/jargon/

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2814
Merit: 766

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 02:24:49 PM

- How much to bid?
-Theres lot either you can find it here on services section or on typical freelancing sites
-Developers is what you mainly need
-Each work does have corresponding level of pay.
-Funds is one of the main challenges on building up your dream project knowing that getting
financial support from others isnt really that easy. Next would be community support because
without it then your beloved idea of yours is simply shitty.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Bightening (OP)

I literally do byte.

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 02:35:04 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2019, 02:54:34 PM by Bightening

If you do not provide a rough idea about the project that you are trying to build, it is very difficult to respond to your queries out of thin air.

First I have to say, Thanks for the reply. I thought this would have been buried. But I guess I made the right decision to ask here.

I call it a real time Craigslist. A place where people come to sell or buy products/services. There’re already in existence platforms that allows people to buy products online, and they pay when it gets delivered to them. But how about services. Take a Courier  service as an example, If I wanted a Courier service (like most sellers on a peer to peer online goods marketplace would do), I would have to go out in search of a cheaper, closer, faster courier service with a good customer service and reputation.
Same goes for other services, like designers, event planners, plumbers and a whole lot more.

I know about bob repairs. But it’s not popular down here. And it doesn’t have some of the services we need down here.

I don’t know how much information you need me sharing, but if you’ve observed, I’m careful not to let anyone steal the idea, since anyone with a lot of capital and programming knowledge might do so.
There are some features I’ll like to add to make the platform gain traction and grow spontaneously without having to do much advert. And some features to make the platform native to my region. By native I meant, a platform which is more like a traditional physical market place like we have in my region.

I hope there are days when your coffee tastes like magic, your playlist makes you dance, strangers make you smile, and the nightsky touches your soul.
Bightening (OP)

I literally do byte.

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 02:40:48 PM

They're inside the virus; use the fiber optic AAC microchip to back up their array, or
if we program the firewall, we can get to the SSL antenna through the analog AGP bus!
Above all, try to inject the FTP antenna, maybe it will navigate the haptic transistor!

http://shinytoylabs.com/jargon/

A good try.

That’s totally not what I meant when I said ‘technical words’. That’s just jargon. I’m new to programming field and I thought I would learn faster in the midst of professions talking. 
Btw, that’s not related to programming or computer engineering. That’s majorly Electronic engineering jargons.

Bightening (OP)

I literally do byte.

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 02:51:18 PM

- How much to bid?
-Theres lot either you can find it here on services section or on typical freelancing sites
-Developers is what you mainly need
-Each work does have corresponding level of pay.
-Funds is one of the main challenges on building up your dream project knowing that getting
financial support from others isnt really that easy. Next would be community support because
without it then your beloved idea of yours is simply shitty.

Thanks for replying.
I plan to get funding from my offline job, quite very slow, but would be able to get the project to a point where getting venture capitalists to fund it would be easy.
I think knowing what I actually need for the project and spending on just the right persons is very important right now (just my thoughts).

On typical freelancing sites, can you point me to a site where I can find freelance developers (like you said,thanks) that could kickstart this? I checked on google and there’s a lot of them, having to know which one allows easy interaction with the developer and flexible payment plan seems like something i can get a solution to, on btt by asking.

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 03:02:15 PM

Do you want them to work for free? If yes, try posting in the same section but you should really lucky to find a developer who will work for free. If you're paying for the work, you can try the number of freelancing sites or the services section on the forum. Also, 90% of the developers you will find on this forum are incompetent so I wouldn't advise hiring from here.

A product manager to lead the product in the right direction I guess? Maybe a CTO/Team Lead to take care of the infrastructure and scale the project accordingly?

- How much to bid?
Not sure what you mean..

Finding investors, good developers, marketing, promotions etc everything will be overwhelming if you're doing it for the first time.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1199

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2019, 04:17:11 PM

Some friends and I, having being working on a project we plan to develop for a while.
The much we have now, is the basic concept of the project, market analysis and some data. Very little amount of blockchain would be involved. Basically smart contracts. But not an ICO or what you’ll call a blockchain project.

At the moment, we plan on raising funds ourselves and when the project is ready, promote and use it locally. But since we don’t have any experience in building a high tech project, we are having some technical challenges.

- How much to bid?

Good to read that you are not going to do an ICO, that's the surest way to ruin your idea, people have a second thought of ICO's coming out of so-called ideas, go check the service section and let them bid for your project, honestly I don't have an idea of the costing but a good coder with the lowest bid must be considered, set up a telegram account for easy and fast communication, you can also try people on Fiverr they have a testimonials and portfolio to speak off, be sure to use escrow when dealing with independent programmers.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
Bightening (OP)

I literally do byte.

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 05:01:28 PM

Do you want them to work for free? If yes, try posting in the same section but you should really lucky to find a developer who will work for free. If you're paying for the work, you can try the number of freelancing sites or the services section on the forum. Also, 90% of the developers you will find on this forum are incompetent so I wouldn't advise hiring from here.

Thanks for the heads up.
Are there other freelancing site you’ve used before one where I can have easy interaction with the developer and flexible payment plan?

A product manager to lead the product in the right direction I guess? Maybe a CTO/Team Lead to take care of the infrastructure and scale the project accordingly?

IMO, I guess the CTO/Team lead has to be experienced in project development. And have a broad knowledge of project development not just that of projects that use blockchain technology, (since I’m very much sure that my project would have just payment features using blockchain and then most probably smart contracts to oversee deals made on the platform).

So my question is where I could find a CTO With a general knowledge?

- How much to bid?
Not sure what you mean..

I wanted to ask about the estimated cost of hiring a developer or CTO (as suggested). The max and minimum based on your experience with project development. What plan would be best: /hour or through the project or maybe a set achievement?

Good to read that you are not going to do an ICO, that's the surest way to ruin your idea, people have a second thought of ICO's coming out of so-called ideas, go check the service section and let them bid for your project, honestly I don't have an idea of the costing but a good coder with the lowest bid must be considered, set up a telegram account for easy and fast communication, you can also try people on Fiverr they have a testimonials and portfolio to speak off, be sure to use escrow when dealing with independent programmers.

I left out ICO because I haven’t really seen a project that used ICO funding plan and stood out distinct. 99.9% of them got distracted from the core project development and their dreams and ended up with more interest in boosting the value of their coins.
Secondly, IMO, I don’t think it’s time for funding. I think I can handle this part for now, and much of the work is getting most of the technical project development team.

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 08:55:08 AM

I'm pretty sure that finding someone online is the last thing you want for your “local” project since for a startup project you really want your project devs to be in the loop of any of your plans. So why not start asking around your team if they know some capable people to do what you want and if they don't have then you can widen the range by  your team asking their friends or family if they know someone because I'm very sure that someone you know already can vouch atleast one or two people to be part of your project.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: