Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:19:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Habanero - 650GH/s - OOS  (Read 95983 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:31:04 AM

Btw Teal, at the end of the day, if you're happy of what you're doing and disregarding everything else then you can go ahead, dont mind what i said.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wesly

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 07:34:28 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 08:40:14 AM by Wesly

Holy cow. The trolls are out in force. I'll buy an extra one just because they are so annoying.

Glad to see you don't care it is "blood' diamond, so long as you are not doing the killing, it is okay to make a profit off of this.  Thank you Pepper mining for introducing such a wonderful product because they only have the welfare of the Bitcoin community on their mind (who care about stinking profit, so overrated!)  I am sure they overpaid for HF chips because they are in such high demand and every moral person wants to do business with them.  I hope it works out for you, but just in case, you better have a good lawyer too.

P.S. I agree, consciousness is so freaking annoying!  It always gets in my way when I am trying to cross the ethical line.  Can you teach me how you got rid of yours so easily?
Wesly

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 07:49:19 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 08:42:40 AM by Wesly

As a B1 HashFast customer who also has not received his hardware, I sympathize with you. I do not have a huge amount of insight into the inner workings of the company, but my understanding is that HashFast is not short on chips; the infact have an excess of them. The delays are related to other issues they have with their supply and production chain. I know people don't want to hear it, but sometimes the main component you're designing for is actually the easiest to get. It's all the other stuff that you built in but when you go to actually buy them, there's none to be found. I was actually looking to use one cool part in particular with the Habanero (the IR3575 integrated PowIRstage), but I just couldn't find any real stock anywhere in the channel. Even going direct to IR, the leadtime is 17-19 weeks plus be screened and approved with a minimum $500k annual volume to set up a direct account.

I can't speak to how accurate all my information is and I'm not sure an official post from HashFast explaining all the reasons that the products are delayed is going to be forthcoming, but all I can say on the chip issue is that I've been told that the sale of excess chip inventory doesn't take product from the existing preorder customers since chips aren't the limiting factor they have.

Geez, I wonder where HF get the majority of the money to make all these "excess" chip inventory?  Perhaps their long-suffering B1 - B4 customers?  So, HF is not refunding their customers and turnaround to sell you their customers' chips at steep discounts that were paid for and belong to B1 (MPP) - B4 customers and you have no problem with that?  Good for you!

By buying their "excess" inventory, you are funding their lawyers to help defend lawsuits filed by B1-B4 customers for not delivering what they ordered and you don't see a problem with helping them defend these "groundless" lawsuits against members of the very same Bitcoin communty you are part of?

Furthermore, by agreeing to buy up their "excess" chips, you are giving HF an out and HF has less of an urgency to fulfill their customers' orders and you are okay with that?

And your only defense is I have no idea when what you really meant is you don't really care as long as this is profitable for you and your partners.  You really don't see what you are doing (giving HF money) is giving them much needed breathing room and all the more reason not to deliver B1 (MPP) - B4?  Why brother with the hard work of building hardware when they can make easy profit by selling chips that were paid for by pre-ordering customers?

You are also directly promoting and helping HF sell their products and you are a-okay with that?  Sure, why not, money is money.  Who cares where it came from or who profits from this.

Good to know that's the kind of person you really are.  MrTeal, I used to respect you and thought you are a stand-up guy, but no longer.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:17:25 AM

It is a bit absurd that hashfast has such a surplus of chips and yet they apparently are in need of a bailout from cognitive to fund a second production line.

How is hashfast even short of money when they ripped off each of their customers?

The real reason I wouldn't work with hashfast is their inability to honor a contract. I don't think even bfl has breached and modified contracts so many times.
seriouscoin

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:37:09 AM

Holy cow. The trolls are out in force. I'll buy an extra one just because they are so annoying.

Glad to see you don't care it is "blood' diamond, so long as you are not doing the killing, it is okay to make a profit off of this.  Thank you Pepper mining for introducing such a wonderful product because they only have the welfare of the Bitcoin community on their mind (who care about stinking profit, so overrated!)  I am sure they overpaid for HF chips because they are in such high demand and every moral person wants to do business with them.  I hope it works out for you, but just in case, you better have a good lawyer too.

P.S. I agree, consciousness is so freaking annoying!  It always gets in my way when I am trying to cross the ethical line.  Can you teach me how you got rid of yours so easily?

To be honest, the more i see how bitcoin community become , the less faith i have in bitcoin.

Bitcoin is a wonderful technology. However it might will die because of us.... human.

Maybe there is a reason why the current monetary system has been with us for so long..... it fits the human nature.

ZBC3

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:06:05 PM

Mt Teal has nothing to do with the way Hashfast operates. He has no control over their customers, or their production.  If you are upset with Hashfast, then you should take that complaint to Hashfast. Mr Teal made a business deal with a chip supplier. It's nothing more than that. Did BFL get all their customers products out before selling chips? What about coincraft, I think their customers are still waiting as well. This isn't that uncommon if you think about.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:44:06 PM

Mt Teal has nothing to do with the way Hashfast operates. He has no control over their customers, or their production.  If you are upset with Hashfast, then you should take that complaint to Hashfast. Mr Teal made a business deal with a chip supplier. It's nothing more than that. Did BFL get all their customers products out before selling chips? What about coincraft, I think their customers are still waiting as well. This isn't that uncommon if you think about.

We all have a choice what we buy and from whom. I don't eat in McDonalds and I don't buy Coke. it's not that hard...
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:53:42 PM

I am not sure you are correct.    I think Mr. Teal is a solid person in the community, however, I am not sure "it is no problem to buy something from a company that is breaking contracts with others".    If I was to buy anything for "immediate delivery" from a company that took money and made contracts to deliver the same product to others (and I knew about these contracts --- which we all do), I would really want to spend $20k and get a lawyer's opinion on whether tortuous interference would apply.   The damage awards in those cases can be a real problem.

Just my two cents.   Just because "Josh did it" does not mean that in the land of grown ups, the courts are going to say "Oh, OK that makes sense then".

Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:08:59 PM

God damn people!  If they are selling them do you think by him not buying would get them in any machine for you?  No... 

Everytime I read half of these whine filled post all I can think is the Sheryl Crow abused animal commercial or only $1 a day can save a starving child.  It's like you all are trying to get that vibe.

If only Hashfast would supply me with a few.  I need some new targets would make for an awesome video.  Wink

MrTeal I am looking forward to seeing the end results!  Def will want a few!
SVK

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:11:09 PM

Moaners please go away.
Black miners are not posting on this forum thanks to use.
Now you are spamming this thread -

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY THINKING THAT BY MOANING YOU WILL GET YOUR MINERS SOONER ?

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY THINKING THAT IF COMPANY "A" DOES NOT BUY CHIPS FROM HASH LAST YOU WILL GET YOUR MINERS SOONER?

Get real please and stop spamming every thread about Hash Last chips.

Thank you and hopefully yous will get your miners soon.  
SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:15:48 PM

No, I'm sure we'll never get our miners. But I'm also sure that if people complain enough about HF, they will stop pre-ordering from them and people will stop getting screwed over by them

I wish somebody had posted a whiny long thread about HashFast and Bitmine.ch back when they took preorders, a lot of us would not be out of much of our BTC
seriouscoin

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:31:57 PM

Moaners please go away.

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY THINKING THAT IF COMPANY "A" DOES NOT BUY CHIPS FROM HASH LAST YOU WILL GET YOUR MINERS SOONER?

Sorry i cant get real , being told by a person typing in CAPITAL letters like a little kid.

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:18:52 PM

Is there a Mr. Steal, I mean Mrs. Teal?  Maybe she's the one.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
SVK

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:26:19 PM

No, I'm sure we'll never get our miners. But I'm also sure that if people complain enough about HF, they will stop pre-ordering from them and people will stop getting screwed over by them

I wish somebody had posted a whiny long thread about HashFast and Bitmine.ch back when they took preorders, a lot of us would not be out of much of our BTC

Everyone makes wrong decisions in life Sad

Looks like you are in this game long enough so you had an opportunity to experience BFL pre orders.

Why did you decide to go for another crowd sourcing project and risked a lot of money ?
(crowd sourcing is good if you invest £50 and not ££££)
SVK

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:30:28 PM

Moaners please go away.

Sorry i cant get real , being told by a person typing in CAPITAL letters like a little kid.

I'm sorry for capital letters.

Hopefully you get your miners soon. 
Your post didn't change my opinion : strictly no pre-orders.

Now think about BFL and what did you learn from their pre-order game ? I would say nothing because you have went for pre-order with different company hoping that this time it's going to be different. Gues what ? It wasn't.

Please open Hash Last thread and bash theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem as much as you can but please do not pollute this thread.
GrapeApe

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:00:40 PM

This would be a good time for the ignore button. I'll start with the one that brought Mr.Teal's wife into it. Dirty pool mister.....

With that said, I say again I am very excited about the development of this board and I hope the devs and GateWay continue to post updates here.

Thanks,
GrapeApe
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:43:38 PM

I think you are saying something but the loud hum coming off your angelic halo is too loud.
SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:30:58 PM

With that said, I say again I am very excited about the development of this board and I hope the devs and GateWay continue to post updates here.

You mean Gateway as the one that did web design for Hashfast and got paid with a Sierra? One of those Sierras none of the other paying customers have been able to take possession off?

Talk about objective...
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:47:09 AM

Alright, enough. I've asked to keep the discussion fairly focused on the project itself, and I've given more than enough latitude here. I haven't deleted any posts yet, but I will start in order to keep it more focused on technical details / questions.
For general comments about how HashFast screws their customers, most people seem to post here.
For discussion on the morality/legality of buying the HF chips, you can probably look here.
ZBC3

Activity: 361

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:26:07 AM

Getting us back on track, any word on how the project us going? We are anxiously awaiting the good news!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: