Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:20:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Habanero - 650GH/s - OOS  (Read 95983 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:55:29 AM

[...]
2: Next step doesn't work - pip3 install --pre pyusb  

[...]

Nothing works Sad

I have not tried this fully, as I have more than one Habanero connected to the RPi and I don't want to shut the mining down. However, a workaround seems to be (as root or prepend sudo):

Code:
apt-get install python-setuptools
then
Code:
easy_install3 pyusb

[...]
I downloaded HF tool and is sitting on my desktop(unpacked).

Now I have opened TERMINAL and typed there ./hftool.py -h which gave me NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY.
Habanero board isn't connected to RPi.

Please can somebody point me in right direction ?

Unpack it. Change in that folder. Open a terminal in that folder. Connect the Habanero. Try the command again.
Thanks Newar.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SVK

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:22:51 AM

[...]
2: Next step doesn't work - pip3 install --pre pyusb  

[...]

Nothing works Sad

I have not tried this fully, as I have more than one Habanero connected to the RPi and I don't want to shut the mining down. However, a workaround seems to be (as root or prepend sudo):

Code:
apt-get install python-setuptools
then
Code:
easy_install3 pyusb

[...]
I downloaded HF tool and is sitting on my desktop(unpacked).

Now I have opened TERMINAL and typed there ./hftool.py -h which gave me NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY.
Habanero board isn't connected to RPi.

Please can somebody point me in right direction ?

Unpack it. Change in that folder. Open a terminal in that folder. Connect the Habanero. Try the command again.

Many thanks for help Smiley
I'm going to try it tonight but I'm a bit confused Sad

File is unpacked and is on desktop (like windows desktop).

"Change in that folder" - what should I change in folder ?

"Open terminal in that folder" - should I copy "terminal icon" to HF tool folder and open it from there ?

Last question Smiley

I need some command to completely disable ASIC 1, would you know how to do that ?
(I can't run the board on RPi so I will just disable that ASIC 1 and immediately I will move that board back to windows pc where I have cgminer so that command needs to be permanent command)

Thank you very much for your help Smiley
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:33:42 AM

[...]

"Open terminal in that folder" - should I copy "terminal icon" to HF tool folder and open it from there ?

Last question Smiley

I need some command to completely disable ASIC 1, would you know how to do that ?
(I can't run the board on RPi so I will just disable that ASIC 1 and immediately I will move that board back to windows pc where I have cgminer so that command needs to be permanent command)

Ok, I thought it was on the desktop "unpacked". Did you clone it? Anyway...

Open a terminal, type
Code:
find / -name hf-tool

This will return something like
Code:
/home/pi/Desktop/hf-tool

Whatever it returns, select all of it with your mouse and hit Ctrl+Shift+C, type
Code:
cd[Space key]
and hit Ctrl+Shift+V and Enter. You have just "changed" in the hf-tool folder, it will show something like
Code:
root@raspberrypi:/home/pi/Desktop/hf-tool#

Now run your command.
Code:
./hftool.py -h

Gathering from (good thread to read, btw.):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=639810.msg7237507#msg7237507

You will need to run something like
Code:
./hftool.py -w 0:0,1:930@875,2:930@875,3:930@875
to disable die number 0. The other values depend on what you were able to read out previously with
Code:
./hftool.py -r

https://bitbucket.org/gateway69/hf-tool

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
SVK

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:43:40 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 03:19:30 PM by SVK

[...]

Last question Smiley

Ok, I thought it was on the desktop "unpacked". Did you clone it? Anyway...

Open a terminal, type
Code:
find / -name hf-tool

This will return something like
Code:
/home/pi/Desktop/hf-tool

Whatever it returns, select all of it with your mouse and hit Ctrl+Shift+C, type
Code:
cd[Space key]
and hit Ctrl+Shift+V and Enter. You have just "changed" in the hf-tool folder, it will show something like
Code:
root@raspberrypi:/home/pi/Desktop/hf-tool#

Now run your command.
Code:
./hftool.py -h

Gathering from (good thread to read, btw.):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=639810.msg7237507#msg7237507

You will need to run something like
Code:
./hftool.py -w 0:0,1:930@875,2:930@875,3:930@875
to disable die number 0. The other values depend on what you were able to read out previously with
Code:
./hftool.py -r

https://bitbucket.org/gateway69/hf-tool

Many many thanks Smiley

I have managed to install py usb and I have followed rest of you commands Smiley

I have downloaded Cgminer and tried to run it but it doesn't work. I have copy pasted scrypt like I'm using on windows pc but when I clicked on habanero.conf file it just opened that file in leafpad lol.
I didn't expect it to work but gave it a go anyway Smiley  
SVK

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 12:47:25 PM

Anyone please help me here.

I have installed everything I found in this thread and thread suggested by NewArk.
I have downloaded cgminer 4.7.0 I have run command --enable-Hashfast = it was doing something for 5 minutes and then it gave me list of all sorts of miners and all had - disabled after their name.

When I click on HABANERO.conf file it just opens it in leafpad. If I click on bat file in beloved Windows 7(I LOVE WINDOWS AND WILL DIE FOR WHOEVER CREATED THAT ABSOLUTELY GENIUS SOFTWARE) it will start mining.
Why it doesn't work that way in RPi ?

I have rebooted RPi like 20 times in past 2 days. Actualy I'm rebooting after every instalation I'm doing.

I honestly don't have a slightest clue what I'm doing. I'm just completely blindly following anything I find on internet. Nothing works absolutely nothing Sad

Cgminer doesn't work Sad
HF-tool doesn't work Sad

I just need to disable ASIC 1 nothing else absolutely nothing else. I promise and swear to god that I will not do anything with linux so you don't need to be afraid that I will do any harm to linux software or their users. I just need from that small box to do one single thing please please just let me disable ASIC 1 and you will never see me again and I will never again use linux or RPi ever.

Just disable ASIC 1 nothing else I promise.
Newar
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 02:05:45 PM

My understanding is you want to mine on Windows and disable a chip on your board using the RPi/hftool. Correct?

If that is the case forget about cgminer on the RPi, you don't need it.

That out of the way, I take it by "ASIC 1" you mean die 1? In that case you would run something like
Code:
./hftool.py -w 0:930@875,1:0,2:930@875,3:930@875
to disable die number 1. The other values depend on what you were able to read out previously with
Code:
./hftool.py -r

But let's take it step by step. You were able to "change" into th hf-tool folder?
Can you run
Code:
./hftool.py -h
and then
Code:
./hftool.py -r
What is the output of those commands? (You can copy from the terminal by selecting the text with the mouse and hit Ctrl+Shift+C.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
SVK

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:07:09 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 03:17:37 PM by SVK

My understanding is you want to mine on Windows and disable a chip on your board using the RPi/hftool. Correct?

If that is the case forget about cgminer on the RPi, you don't need it.

That out of the way, I take it by "ASIC 1" you mean die 1? In that case you would run something like
Code:
./hftool.py -w 0:930@875,1:0,2:930@875,3:930@875
to disable die number 1. The other values depend on what you were able to read out previously with
Code:
./hftool.py -r

But let's take it step by step. You were able to "change" into th hf-tool folder?
Can you run
Code:
./hftool.py -h
and then
Code:
./hftool.py -r
What is the output of those commands? (You can copy from the terminal by selecting the text with the mouse and hit Ctrl+Shift+C.

Many thanks for trying to help me Smiley
Yes, I was able to navigate to a folder through that terminal box.
Before I have run this board only on WIN7 no playing around with the board-everything stock settings.
Maybe software I'm using isn't good. I don't have a clue what is on that memory card.

Command ./hftool.py -h returns this:

root@raspberrypi:~/Desktop/hf-tool# ./hftool.py -h
HFBulkDevice Found!
ConfigurationValue 1
   InterfaceNumber 0,0
      EndpointAddress 131
   InterfaceNumber 1,1
      EndpointAddress 129
      EndpointAddress 2

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./hftool.py", line 67, in <module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "./hftool.py", line 37, in main
    print (dev.init())
  File "/root/Desktop/hf-tool/hf/usb/usbbulk.py", line 69, in init
    if self.dev.is_kernel_driver_active(1):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/site-packages/usb/core.py", line 992, in is_kernel_driver_active
    interface)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/site-packages/usb/backend/__init__.py", line 363, in is_kernel_driver_active
    _not_implemented(self.is_kernel_driver_active)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/site-packages/usb/backend/__init__.py", line 79, in _not_implemented
    raise NotImplementedError(func.__name__)
NotImplementedError: is_kernel_driver_active

Command ./hftool.py -r returns this:

root@raspberrypi:~/Desktop/hf-tool# ./hftool.py -r
HFBulkDevice Found!
ConfigurationValue 1
   InterfaceNumber 0,0
      EndpointAddress 131
   InterfaceNumber 1,1
      EndpointAddress 129
      EndpointAddress 2

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./hftool.py", line 67, in <module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "./hftool.py", line 37, in main
    print (dev.init())
  File "/root/Desktop/hf-tool/hf/usb/usbbulk.py", line 69, in init
    if self.dev.is_kernel_driver_active(1):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/site-packages/usb/core.py", line 992, in is_kernel_driver_active
    interface)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/site-packages/usb/backend/__init__.py", line 363, in is_kernel_driver_active
    _not_implemented(self.is_kernel_driver_active)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/site-packages/usb/backend/__init__.py", line 79, in _not_implemented
    raise NotImplementedError(func.__name__)
NotImplementedError: is_kernel_driver_active

Newar
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:08:53 PM

One reason I can think of is that the RPi handles the hf-tool somewhat differently as a full-fledged Linux would, the RPi is a truncated computer after all. The error messages point to an USB error, so maybe the method I wrote about earlier to install pyusb were not correct, or they were correct for the RPi, but installed that way they won't work with the hf-tool...

I know from personal experience that it runs under Lubuntu 14.04, but that won't run on a RPi. I guess we have to wait for gateway or MrTeal to comment on that. Maybe building python from source would help, but I'm not sure if you feel like going there.

Another thing you could try in the meanwhile, is to run a Linux off a USB stick as a Live system (with persistence), if you still have the nerves for it Wink  A good tool to do that under Windows is http://www.linuxliveusb.com/, it will take you through the steps. The only thing you might have to change is to allow booting from USB on your computer.

SVK

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:21:18 PM

One reason I can think of is that the RPi handles the hf-tool somewhat differently as a full-fledged Linux would, the RPi is a truncated computer after all. The error messages point to an USB error, so maybe the method I wrote about earlier to install pyusb were not correct, or they were correct for the RPi, but installed that way they won't work with the hf-tool...

I know from personal experience that it runs under Lubuntu 14.04, but that won't run on a RPi. I guess we have to wait for gateway or MrTeal to comment on that. Maybe building python from source would help, but I'm not sure if you feel like going there.

Another thing you could try in the meanwhile, is to run a Linux off a USB stick as a Live system (with persistence), if you still have the nerves for it Wink  A good tool to do that under Windows is http://www.linuxliveusb.com/, it will take you through the steps. The only thing you might have to change is to allow booting from USB on your computer.

Many thanks for your help Smiley

Not sure what to do, I have just waisted over 20 hours of my life which should have been spent a bit more wisely Smiley

Anyone interested to buy Habanero board ??
Newar
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:07:27 PM

Not sure what to do, I have just waisted over 20 hours of my life which should have been spent a bit more wisely Smiley

No worries.

I wouldn't call it a complete waste. You learned a bit about how to poke around in Linux systems, for example.

SVK

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:12:06 PM

No worries.

I wouldn't call it a complete waste. You learned a bit about how to poke around in Linux systems, for example.

That's true  Smiley
It really reminds me of MS-DOS from early 50's lol.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 12:43:02 AM

Be thankful it's not actually a 50's interface (punchcards). DOS wasn't a thing until the late 70's.

I just got a Habanero up and going last week, and in the next few days need to rig up and light up a stock Hashfast board. And will probably be pulling from some of this recent data on tweaking as well. Hope everything gets working for you, SVK. Wish I could help but all I know on them so far is hardware.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
ZiG

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 02:52:17 PM

Another thing you could try in the meanwhile, is to run a Linux off a USB stick as a Live system (with persistence), if you still have the nerves for it Wink  A good tool to do that under Windows is http://www.linuxliveusb.com/, it will take you through the steps. The only thing you might have to change is to allow booting from USB on your computer.

How much...price... Huh

ZiG
SVK

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:09:23 PM

RRRRRRRRRight Sad

6 1/2 hours later

Tried:

Ubuntu 11.10, 13.04, 14.04.1, 14.04, 14.10.
LiLi installer Newar suggested.
Installed virtual box.
Plop linux.

HEEEEEHEEEEEEEEEEEEE  it doesn't work Smiley

I have managed to get 13.04 to work from USB rest of them can fack themselves they do not boot what so ever.

I have followed XJACKS post from here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=639810.0  post #7

Command: sudo apt-get install build-essential libncursesw5-dev libssl-dev libgdbm-dev libc6-dev libsqlite3-dev tk-dev  - doesn't work

moved to next step

wget https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.4.0/Python-3.4.0.tar.xz
tar xvf Python-3.4.0.tar.xz
cd Python-3.4.0
./configure
make
make test
sudo make install

It was working but had some errors at the "make test"

Next step: I have created hashfast.rule file and pasted words from getaways guide.

Gateaway suggested to reboot pc so that rules can be valid or something like that.

Rebooted

hahahaaaaaaa loooooooooool loooool lol

Big letters to choose language - so I hit ENTER nothing. Pressed ENTER again nothing. Disconnected keybaord and pressed small ENTER aaaaaaand nothing.
So I have started pressing all keys on keyboard aaaaaaaaaand "M" is acting as ENTER. Ok pressed M and proceeded to next step which was asking me if I want to try Linux before installing so I have pressed M . Finally it booted up again aaaaaaaaand that's it. What ever I press is giving me error.

Anyone any suggestions Huh?? Smiley
Be quick becuase  I have hammer in my hand ready for use. LOL.

achtung082

Activity: 358
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:56:12 PM

RRRRRRRRRight Sad

6 1/2 hours later

I have a Debian install that I only use for changing my Hab, that I built a while back. I did try and install this again recently on a new Debian install (maybe a PI) and had issues, I think one of the packages had changed. I have looked in my note and can't find anything.

Support sidehack projects: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
My Sales Wallet BTC:bc1qxtxsc86lessnrsm52gf7qgmqle75htdr03zdd7 - LTC:LNLKyKkGNCJakZudGjc2qg26yYz7oeo92k - ETH:0xDf1b17872D9Ff22F04270BbDA13556B3E1649E27
xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 02:01:43 AM

RRRRRRRRRight Sad

6 1/2 hours later

Tried:

Ubuntu 11.10, 13.04, 14.04.1, 14.04, 14.10.
LiLi installer Newar suggested.
Installed virtual box.
Plop linux.

HEEEEEHEEEEEEEEEEEEE  it doesn't work Smiley

I have managed to get 13.04 to work from USB rest of them can fack themselves they do not boot what so ever.

I have followed XJACKS post from here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=639810.0  post #7

Command: sudo apt-get install build-essential libncursesw5-dev libssl-dev libgdbm-dev libc6-dev libsqlite3-dev tk-dev  - doesn't work

moved to next step

wget https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.4.0/Python-3.4.0.tar.xz
tar xvf Python-3.4.0.tar.xz
cd Python-3.4.0
./configure
make
make test
sudo make install

It was working but had some errors at the "make test"

Next step: I have created hashfast.rule file and pasted words from getaways guide.

Gateaway suggested to reboot pc so that rules can be valid or something like that.

Rebooted

hahahaaaaaaa loooooooooool loooool lol

Big letters to choose language - so I hit ENTER nothing. Pressed ENTER again nothing. Disconnected keybaord and pressed small ENTER aaaaaaand nothing.
So I have started pressing all keys on keyboard aaaaaaaaaand "M" is acting as ENTER. Ok pressed M and proceeded to next step which was asking me if I want to try Linux before installing so I have pressed M . Finally it booted up again aaaaaaaaand that's it. What ever I press is giving me error.

Anyone any suggestions Huh?? Smiley
Be quick becuase  I have hammer in my hand ready for use. LOL.

My post 7 was done on Ubuntu 12.04.  As to your kernel errors, install or reinstall libudev-dev.  Worked for me on that error a week ago after I somehow broke my 13.04 libs.

Edit: missed that you're on raspi.   I don't own one so ymmv.

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:45:52 PM

Bad news for me and my 2nd (and last) board.

I received a down miner alert while travelling and couldn't restart the miner. - OP status 10 - Main board 12V power is bad.  I thought the PSU died as I had been running the habanero full tilt to eek out a few more satoshi now that the weather is cool/cold.

I just got back and found that one of the crappy ribbon cables on a Corsair PSU had melted/burned.  Melted the connector almost to the board and burnt the PCB a little.  The other connectors are blackened a bit also, I guess I just ran it maxed out for too long (since day 1).

PSU still works and will be reused, but I'm going to retire this fire roasted habanero.

Thanks PepperMining team for building such an awesome miner.  These were by far the best built miners I've run, in addition to being really fun.  Thanks!

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:59:12 PM

How damaged is it? If you're gonna toss it, I'd pay shipping (well, within the US) to play with it a bit.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
ZiG

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 04:07:31 AM

How damaged is it? If you're gonna toss it, I'd pay shipping (well, within the US) to play with it a bit.

Me too...+ a tip ... Grin

BTW, I am in Florida...PM me... Wink

ZiG
r00t$

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 11:21:14 PM

I had to replace all 4 of the 6 pin pci-e connectors on my hab. Figured it was the same scenario...just too hard for too long!

The only tricky part was the one that melted the plastic so bad, I had to drill it out  Shocked

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: