Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:34:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Need to Reconsider Holding altcoins  (Read 1182 times)
OasisDre

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 01:34:32 PM

I never heard of the two altcoins OP made mention but i hope you have do your own research on them? token relying on ETH means nothing as all altcoins relies on Bitcoin too, what should be your top priority is solid altcoins, you won't get disappointed if you hold them for long time

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Goodvalony (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 01:53:40 PM

I think the point @op is trying to make is whatever coin you are holding be it the 2 stated above or something else, think before selling off everything especially when there is a little potential in that coin, you never know how this might turn around so fast,
There is nothing wrong in leaving 10% of the the coin and sell 90% if you so badly want to sell.

That is exactly my point. thank you for understanding.
Distinctin

Activity: 2800
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 02:10:39 PM

Then OP, are you trying to promote your token? Forgive me if I'm wrong cause I feel that you encourage people to invest these tokens/coins.
But looking into these two coins, I may see hypes around and this is a reason why its prices move higher more than enough to make surpasses from the old and reputable coin in the market. If we are considering this one, I'm afraid I've caught into a pump and dump group again.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 02:11:18 PM

I think the point @op is trying to make is whatever coin you are holding be it the 2 stated above or something else, think before selling off everything especially when there is a little potential in that coin, you never know how this might turn around so fast,
There is nothing wrong in leaving 10% of the the coin and sell 90% if you so badly want to sell.

That is exactly my point. thank you for understanding.

Can always do that but you may not see more of the users exactly leaving some altcoins that is just about 300 coins which each is worth $0.001. You are just hopeful that a project could be successful and users who got some of it miss the chance to profit more because they sell their share too early. Some bounty hunters do that specially if the coin isn't yet on the exchange. Either that or they are just too lazy to login to their Myetherwallet because it loads so slow and there are more things to do than dumping.

doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 02:30:23 PM

I have a friend which do had a coin that he received way back 2016 as an airdrop, I don't remember the exact name of the token but they've received a lot of it since it only had few cents of dollars on its price, and he hold it, in the year 2017, it went so high and he even built his own house already that year by his profits on that "shit coins" that he thought it was, that is why my mindset about tokens who have only few cents on their name changed, I hold them hoping that after a year or maybe two, it will gives me also profits like what happened to my friend, but until now, I still don't get any.
dimonstration

Activity: 2590
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 02:38:17 PM

I have a friend which do had a coin that he received way back 2016 as an airdrop, I don't remember the exact name of the token but they've received a lot of it since it only had few cents of dollars on its price, and he hold it, in the year 2017, it went so high and he even built his own house already that year by his profits on that "shit coins" that he thought it was, that is why my mindset about tokens who have only few cents on their name changed, I hold them hoping that after a year or maybe two, it will gives me also profits like what happened to my friend, but until now, I still don't get any.
Year 2017 can be consider as the year for almost all alts not just in BTC, it's also the year when ICO gains success even the projects are not too good. Many projects were able to be successful as well those bounty participants and even just in airdrop. Lucky those who get the chance to spend their earning in bounties those years as we may need to wait longer till it happens again and by that time we're not sure if our alt holding especially if not that popular is still alive in the market.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2086
Merit: 100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 07:42:46 PM

Most of us have many coins in their portfolios even we don't know when our one of the coins will rise unexpectedly so its all about how much patience you have. There is no use in selling in panic. I always believe if you are holding good coins one must wait for a good price & should not sell in panic. I learn this market is all about patience to get good fruit in the end.

xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 07:50:49 PM

The altcoin markets has been favorable to few but not all. it is presumed that the early and private investors rake out big cash on New and old altcoin projects leaving many projects at the mercy of the cryptomarkets for survived.  Although Most altcoins that has gone down below ROI to the verge of disappearing from the market are increasing daily.
One of the ideology we all know about the cryptocurrency is the knowledge of Holding back some altcoins we believed that will do well in the long run. it is an interesting thing to NOTE that these TWO Altcoins made me have a strong feeling that cryptocurrency can be a fortune if you are lucky to invest on it

BLOCKV
 https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/blockv/

and
THORECOIN
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/thorecoin/

A closer look on these two altcoins will make you have a rethink about holding some altcoins, what to hold and Not to sell off everything if you have to sell. Both token raised from zero usd to a high price. even contesting with the top 100 coins on CMC. i am sure there are other altcoins that made this moves in the market but it's quite unfortunate that few people are holding such while some has sold off.

So, before you make that decision of selling off everything that you have in wallet because the market is down and out. please reconsider before you regret your moves. you might be holding a token that worth millions in the next 2 years.
If that is just how you would choose the alt-coin that you would hold then I am sure that there are tons of other alts that would be listed on your portfolio as well.
We couldn't be so sure that those crypto could really be worth something in the future .
We have seen so many crypto ends up dead or being worthless so I think it could also happen to any crypto as well.

boris singer

Activity: 882
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 07:56:02 PM

It should also be noted to check the news for some coins that you hold, we often miss the event if the coin has experienced a swapping period with a certain deadline, I once held a phb coin which finally has a separate algorithm from the coins that I held before, this is reflective because the holder usually focus on new coins and forget to check the development of long-held coins.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 08:07:32 PM

Most of us have many coins in their portfolios even we don't know when our one of the coins will rise unexpectedly so its all about how much patience you have. There is no use in selling in panic. I always believe if you are holding good coins one must wait for a good price & should not sell in panic. I learn this market is all about patience to get good fruit in the end.

Most of us hold some alt-coins, but we don't know when will we see the higher prices. We don't know nothing, we just wait and hope
for the best outcome. Do we need to reconsider some investments, I don't know, probably yes, cause not all investments will turn into
profit.
   Who sell in panic will regret later. I don't have intention to do that. I hold what I hold and I will try to believe in that coins in long run.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1307

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2019, 08:33:12 PM

I lost a lot of money holding altcoins, it's easy to lost control and money if you are not connected all days and have possession of more than 10 coins for example

I have a work that consumes a lot of time, so it's hard to be well informed about a lot of coins, now I have my portfolio of 5 or 6 coins and I'm good now

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
EmmaBen

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 09:40:10 PM

I completely don't buy into the idea of holding coins and assets aimlessly and hopelessly. Several mistakes have been made by holding not very good cryptocurrencies, leaving a lot with regrets and had I knowns. The simple truth is, not all projects around today will be here tomorrow. A lot of them are going to die a natural death due to lack of demand or use case thus, making holding of such crypto assets completely useless. One has to be very careful and highly certain about the kind of assets they hold.
Chika08

Activity: 544

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 10:17:59 PM

Before one hodl its very much important researches are made to avoid tears at last... I hardly hodl and before I do I always endure its a legit platform and also have reasons for holding so I do not really buy the idea of holding. Just saying my own opinion.
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 10:36:29 PM

Nah, I'm not hating those two coins mentioned, but I doubt that they ever will be worth holding in the next coming years. If I'm going to hold alts, I would rather pick any in the top 10 because they have been tested by time already.

And those coins that moon during the last bull run is having a hard time today because of the bear market and simply that it has been exposed as merely pump and dump coin. Because obviously, there are a lot of irrational buyers that time. But as the pictures gets clearer when the bear takes over, those buyers lost a lot of money and have learn their lessons not to just buy the hype, just saying.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
babicena14

Activity: 780
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 10:49:26 PM

This is a correct judgment. I am very attentive to my altcoins. Indeed, some of them can bring good benefits in the future. It is unlikely that any of them will be able to repeat the fate of bitcoin or ether, but a good profit can also bring.

Christinebeauty
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 10:58:47 PM

All the big coins on the market started from low prices and has risen up to this far. They've all passed through difficult moments before finally reaching this far. If investors who were holding them at the beginning, decided to dump them so early like what we've been doing of late, I don't think those coins would have come this far. Let's try and support the promising coins we are holding right now for it to grow in the near future.

Aabcde

Activity: 1050
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 03:11:51 AM

I think blockv and thorecoin are only some unclear coins or tokens that are only aimed at looking for developers' profits. Yes it can be profitable if we understand how to play the dev. But the fact is I won't hold coins or tokens like this for a long time. If you already see a profit, just sell it. I just think this is just a pump and dump with a limit supply strategy or other. I better buy the top 10 cryptos than the coins or tokens. This is safer for me.

Too risky if you hold altcoin that is not widely known and also has a liquidity that is not too large. For altcoin, I tend to choose to invest in altcoin which is in the top 10 or at least the top 50 coinmarket. Amid the unclear market conditions, in my opinion the safest choice is not too much to speculate and choose to hold bitcoin
I'm not saying that I hold altcoin which I don't know as the op mentioned. And isn't it clear that I prefer to buy the top 10 cryptos based on CMC.
On the other hand, we have to be extra careful in exploring the world of crypto because there are so many people who want to take our money in a very subtle way. Everything can happen when it comes to money.

▄▄█████   ▄▄█████   ▄▄█████  ▄▀▄
    ███████▌  ███████▌  ███████▌  ▀▄▀
   ████████  ████████  ████████   ▐▌
  ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▄▄ █
  ████████  ████████  ████████ ██▐▌
 ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▐█▀
 ████████  ████████  ████████
▐███████  ▐███████  ▐███████
█████▀▀   █████▀▀   █████▀▀
Metaspins 

▄▄█████▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄
 ▄▄███████  ████  █████
▐██▀▀██████████████████▌
 ██▄▄██  ██▀▀███████████
 ▐█████████▄▄████████  █▌
  ██  ███████████████████
  ▐███████████▀▀▀███████▀
   ▀█████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀
2,500+
GAMES

█████████ █████████ █████████
█████████ █████████ ████▀▄███
███▀▀▀███ ███▀▀▀███ ████▄████
████▀▄███ ████▀▄███ █████████
████▄████ ████▄████ ███▀▀▀███
█████████ █████████ ████▀▄███
█████████ █████████ █████████
EARN UP TO 57% RAKEBACK
WAGER FREE!
         ▄███▄▄▄
    ▄███████████████▄
    ██████████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████
    ███████████████████
    ███████████████████
   █
█████████████████
  ██
█████████████
 ███
█████████████████
████
█████████████
▀▀██
████████████████
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀███▀
1 Click Registration
Instant Payouts
[
]
KnowelsB

Activity: 102

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 06:06:17 AM

Altcoin I may reconsider holding should be either exchange tokens or altcoins that has taste the hit of time like ETH, BCH, XRP and some good ones out there aside them nothing again.

█████     |       E3T.co       |       IEO on Dcoin       |    █████
───────              Connecting Global Entrepreneurs              ──────
sikke

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 07:48:19 AM

A closer look on these two altcoins will make you have a rethink about holding some altcoins, what to hold and Not to sell off everything if you have to sell. Both token raised from zero usd to a high price. even contesting with the top 100 coins on CMC. i am sure there are other altcoins that made this moves in the market but it's quite unfortunate that few people are holding such while some has sold off.

So, before you make that decision of selling off everything that you have in wallet because the market is down and out. please reconsider before you regret your moves. you might be holding a token that worth millions in the next 2 years.

Unlikely.

Coins like these happen once in a blue moon, and there are many more examples of coins that went to absolute zero and have a dead chain essentially and never have recovered in 2-3 years time.

Don't blindly hold. I think that's the most rational thing to do. Only hold if you have reason to. If there are no long term fundamentals to back up your decision to hold then it's really a dumb thing to do .
Wildwest

Activity: 1704
Merit: 315

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 08:06:32 AM

I see that the old altcoin has become shitcoin and worthless, as well as many new altcoin projects that can be very profitable. We know which altcoins will be highly valued and which projects can make us profitable, all must be with strong technical analysis, but for now the altcoin in my wallet that is shitcoin I discarded and I collected a new one

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀